• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Corigames

Smash Hero
So, I've posted on FB twice about trying to set up a date for a weekly smashfest or something, but no one responds. Is the idea impossible, does nobody care, do I live too far away, etc.? Can we not set up a date and time to play smash at least once a week if not once every other week?

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
Jackie im free on the weekdays i've got a place right by the university 9th and vine and a pretty nice tv for smash. i wouldn't mind playing someone good for a change sometime

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
oh ****? it's 443 602 5071. I am def down to smash some also I don't only use shiek anymore so it shouldn't be too boring either. idk about this donkey kong nonsense though...

Jane

Smash Hero
i am so down to play with either of you during the week.

520-861-2873, hit me up. i'm free after 3 basically every day.

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
you gotta get up in here. I'm always stocked with beer and weed and I've got like a 30 inch crtv for the gamecube. we drunk drive like every night (kinda an alcoholic...it's a problem) which is mario kart double dash where you've got to finish a beer during the race and you can't be drinking and driving (steering or pressing buttons on your controller) at the same time it's very very fun.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
Also is people wanna smash with ctb text me whenever were free after 6 generally weekdays, weekends all day

(520) 904-8341

:phone:

bubz

Smash Rookie
learn to trade hits, run away and find openings and use wavelands for movement

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
wavelands aren't a problem. My biggst problem is not really knowing the timing to DJ counter attack. I do it a little too early, usually.

My other problem is not really knowing good follow-ups for my stuff. I just kinda focus on gimps.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
@Tai
Ask Frosty how many times he beat me in our 10-15 games at your house, no offense to him.
I just asked him.

Apparently, you guys didn't play at all at my dorm. Are you sure you're thinking about Frosty? There were a few Falco player there, and I don't remember you guys playing, but I was gone for a good while.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Hey, Tucson. Because Jade and Co, as well as Tipper wanting to smash more often, I've been considering reviving the Tucson weeklies, and the Tucson PR. Also, if we become more active, Corey is considering moving here in the near future.

I've talked to Kyle so far, and he's down. Elvis MAY show up occasionally if we host it on Saturdays.

I want to know the following:

Should we do singles only, or both? Round Robin, or Bracket? Should it be held on Friday or Saturday? Should we include an entry fee to make it more competitive? How expensive should it be? And finally, should we host it at the TV Lounge, or somewhere else?

As for a ranking, a quick draft I made:

0. Forward
1. Plenip
3. Silly Kyle
4. Rubyiris
5. OkamiBW
6. Shivknight
7. Max
8. Kosuke
9. Rusty
10. Tipper
11. Tempest7x
12. The Raze
13. Tommy Der Meister
14. Jane
15. Stephen
16. Jordan

People are welcome to dispute this. Top 5 or so was just based off the AZ PR, but it is subject to change based on how we do against each other in-city, since this is a CITY power ranking.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Apparently, you guys didn't play at all at my dorm. Are you sure you're thinking about Frosty?
L
O
L
I was pretty sure that it was the same guy that I played in Tuscon, but I guess he never did introduce himself as Frosty. I just assumed; I'm such a douche. Well, there's some Falco somewhere with a bunch of losses under his belt now, and I formally apologize to Frosty for tarnishing his name. Please forgive me : )

Also, near future is, like, beginning of next year (Q1).

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Spencer, I'm pretty sure you misinterpreted her post. "I only lose to Falco when I don't win." can also be interpreted as "I only lose when I don't win."

If you browsed /v/ more often, or hung out with Okami and Shiv more often, you might have gotten the joke.

^^;

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Spencer will probably push your **** in, but you'll definitely benefit from the experience. Dude is a mid/low-tier slayer.

...Except for Link. Spencer kinda gets ***** by Link players for some reason.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
sv will be streaming alot more.. so pple like jackie, tucson should visit sv some more...

there's also xander, kyle, okami, etc... visit boring ole sv.. we got.. uhhhhh.. stuff and stuff

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I've been thinking about it, recently. Right now I'm torn between visiting Tempe, and Visiting SV.

If I visited next month, would you or Elvis house me?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Coolio. Let me know if anything changes.

Alternatively, you could come visit Tucson, and then I could go visit SV after. I've only got the money for one trip.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Spencer will probably push your **** in, but you'll definitely benefit from the experience. Dude is a mid/low-tier slayer.

...Except for Link. Spencer kinda gets ***** by Link players for some reason.
That's because I just want to be aggro vs Link but the only time I can do that is repeated dair shines as Falco but that gets boring.

Actually on second thought I'm just aggro as **** in general even when I'm not TRYING specifically to be so.

Stuff and stuff.

TF2.

=)

Corigames

Smash Hero
I really don't remember faces/names that well unless they are a real stand out person or we've hung out for a while :/
Like... I don't think I can tell you what Okami looks like in person even though I've seen him in Tuscon twice now. The most I've got is skinny with short hair... I think... and tan too. Whatever.

Also, thanks for putting up with me. I know playing my Samus is 30% me *****ing about Samus, 30% me *****ing about your character, 30% me killing myself, and 10% us playing the game. It's good to play someone, especially since the last time was at Tai's a couple weeks ago and the tournament before that.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Also, thanks for putting up with me. I know playing my Samus is 30% me *****ing about Samus, 30% me *****ing about your character, 30% me killing myself, and 10% us playing the game. It's good to play someone, especially since the last time was at Tai's a couple weeks ago and the tournament before that.
Hey, I like it when people ***** about Link. It usually means I'm winning, or at least doing pretty well.

I also like it when the people I play kill themselves 8D
BTW it's not funny at all when I do it >8O

bubz

Smash Rookie
lol falco vs. link is like the easiest MU ever. just fthrow them off the stage, CC the attack theyre going to do then fthrow again edgeguard, grab the ledge and thats it. its so easy nobody should ever complain about falco link :p

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
lol falco vs. link is like the easiest MU ever. just fthrow them off the stage, CC the attack theyre going to do then fthrow again edgeguard, grab the ledge and thats it. its so easy nobody should ever complain about falco link :p
I have an easier time against Falco with Link than with Falcon.

iFrostyy

Smash Cadet
@Corey. Yeah we didn't play at all at Tais. I was in the other room the entire time you were there and you left before we even go to play.

:phone:

Corigames

Smash Hero
I do best against Falco with Samus.

@Frosty
Yeah, I had work at 10 and didn't have a lot of time to play : ( I played someone's Falco though... someone...

Top Bottom