• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
I have an important job interview tomorrow morning and then some other business, so maybe Friday or Saturday night would be appropriate? What days do you have off, Tony?
I have Fri/Saturdays off. So Thursday nights and Friday nights are the greatest.

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
Jeff, I think missed my original post that initiated the current topic. I was thinking of heading over to Phoenix around when you get off so that we could play.

Where would this happen though? Your place, Tony's? And you're joining us for chicken and waffles right?

AXE 09

Smash Master
^ummmm YES!!! My place isn't the best because my niece will be sleeping, so it's not good that late at night. During the day would be fine though but I work lol

:phone:

j00t

Smash Champion
So we finished our work out here early. I have the option to leave tomorrow but I don't know if I will. I kinda want to play smash with you guys before I head back home

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
geoff, your sig is inaccurate in the sense of terminology:

"melee > brawl" isn't an equation

it's an inequality

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Aight, if someone can pick me up tomorrow on the way to ASU, then I'd appreciate it.
I might have found a guy who can get you a ride. PM me the address so I can pass it along to him. He is asking for 3$ gas money (which is cheaper than it would be to park in the garage if you had a car)

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to be a scumbag but I'll have to cancel my trip on short notice. I accidentally got drunk to the point where I kept buying drinks and then an appetizer sampler and am now out of gas monies.

j00t

Smash Champion
What time do the festivities begin? I'm going to take a bus there or something. What building should I be looking for as well?

goateeguy

Smash Ace
What time do the festivities begin? I'm going to take a bus there or something. What building should I be looking for as well?
7pm. It's a gated complex on the northwest corner of Rural Road and Apache Blvd, call me at (630) 632-6705 so I can come down and open the gates for you. Be at the furthest gate south on the east side of the complex.

j00t

Smash Champion
Had fun last night. I'll be sure to bring my controller next time. See you in a few weeks!

P.s. axe you better be there next time :o

AXE 09

Smash Master
Does anyone wanna play Thursday evening until early Friday morning? I work Friday morning at 7, and I wanna pull an all-nighter playing Melee lol

:phone:

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
I just realized... we don't have a single active Fox main. I think that's really hurting our scene in preparedness for traveling out of state. My Fox is too unorthodox and not good enough to give anyone good Fox practice. We need Forward's Fox or something. Mizuki and Okami's mains are also significantly better than their Foxes. Or, Shiv needs to come out more often ;D At least we know how to wreck Falcos and Falcons.

Also, Timmy, I know you're lurking. Just update the rankings already, we keep on pushing it off and Phoenix attendance at Saturday's tournament isn't going to be very good anyway. We've decided on a list pretty recently, maybe a few months ago. It's probably still accurate, and although Egypt is also a desert it's not AZ so we need to move Robbles to AZ at heart. Kyle's been beasting lately and deserves that higher spot, and I want to see our rankings actually change actively so the other players that care will actually have motivation at these locals.

Side note: my mains of the week are the L characters.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I just realized... we don't have a single active Fox main. I think that's really hurting our scene in preparedness for traveling out of state. My Fox is too unorthodox and not good enough to give anyone good Fox practice. We need Forward's Fox or something. Mizuki and Okami's mains are also significantly better than their Foxes. Or, Shiv needs to come out more often ;D At least we know how to wreck Falcos and Falcons.

Also, Timmy, I know you're lurking. Just update the rankings already, we keep on pushing it off and Phoenix attendance at Saturday's tournament isn't going to be very good anyway. We've decided on a list pretty recently, maybe a few months ago. It's probably still accurate, and although Egypt is also a desert it's not AZ so we need to move Robbles to AZ at heart. Kyle's been beasting lately and deserves that higher spot, and I want to see our rankings actually change actively so the other players that care will actually have motivation at these locals.

did you post this after playing my fox and then wanting more fox practice or something

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
See, Tai, I have a legitimate excuse for losing to your Fox.

EDIT: I also noticed the lack of Foxes and have entertained the idea of trying to pick up Fox myself, but if there's one thing I'm terrible at, it's Melee being orthodox.

Besides Shiv, another Fox who needs to come out of retirement is EEF. I haven't seen him in forever and it makes me sadly (yes, Girku, you are missed, too).

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
did you post this after playing my fox and then wanting more fox practice or something
Haha no, didn't cross my mind. I just looked at the power rankings and noticed how we have no Fox main is all. Jeff is the only one here who can wreck Foxes, the rest of us need work. AZ needs to wreck Foxes like we wreck Falco(n)s.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Haha no, didn't cross my mind. I just looked at the power rankings and noticed how we have no Fox main is all. Jeff is the only one here who can wreck Foxes, the rest of us need work. AZ needs to wreck Foxes like we wreck Falco(n)s.
i honestly don't think jeff even "wrecks" foxes. he doesn't do poorly in the matchup, but he's definitely not as polished in it as he would be if we actually had a good fox in AZ to practice against.

everyone else in AZ is just in even more of a bind when it comes to fox though

i think wobbles is coming back this month, so his heart will be in AZ as long as his physical arm (and the rest of his body)

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
I co main fox and i went to both of coris tourneys. Im not saying im good but just saying i play fox

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
I can already SHDL and Jackie-edgehog pretty consistently with Fox. Watch me master multi-shines as well and then have no clue how to implement any of it. Y'all will have to call me, "Dar
e
k."

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow I didn't realize Rob is coming back. Dope. I guess he should just be put as inactive for now, and then earn his place back (which shouldn't be hard at all)? Unless he's been entering more recent tournaments than I'm aware of.

I'd still say Jeff wrecks Foxes. His close games with Foxes are with not just top Fox mains, but top players.

I would help you guys by maining Fox, but I've tried that and I don't have the patience to play a defensive Fox that you guys would need practice against. Plus I don't practice so my tech skill will always blow :( sorry for repeating myself there.

I remember when we had a Fox main known as chubby Tai.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Oh wow I didn't realize Rob is coming back. Dope. I guess he should just be put as inactive for now, and then earn his place back (which shouldn't be hard at all)? Unless he's been entering more recent tournaments than I'm aware of.

I'd still say Jeff wrecks Foxes. His close games with Foxes are with not just top Fox mains, but top players.

I would help you guys by maining Fox, but I've tried that and I don't have the patience to play a defensive Fox that you guys would need practice against. Plus I don't practice so my tech skill will always blow :( sorry for repeating myself there.

I remember when we had a Fox main known as chubby Tai.
i used to main fox

then i lost 50 pounds

Top Bottom