• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

DrDogg

Smash Journeyman
For those who care... annnnnnnnd you should.... the next guaranteed prize pot annoucement for DEVASTATION 2009 happens on Monday, February 2nd...

:chuckle:

Sooo there.
Speak for yourself! I will not be excited until you announce $2k on Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix! :mad:

In other news... is there a decent scene for Naruto fighters in Phoenix? I'd like to get into the GNT/CoNR series, but it doesn't seem like anyone here plays them much.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I JUST NOW SIGNED UP TO THIS THREAD AND LIVE IN PHEONIX!

Im Nathaniel (21yrs old), just joined up and I only play smash 64. I want to test my skilles. wish there was a big AZ tourny for ssb64.

If there is i havent heard of it.

If you live in PHX and are very VERY good at ssb64 and mabye still play it i would love to challenge you.

Me and my twin bro have a place and play 1v1 all the time. only problem is besides our cousin we really dont know any1 good to play.

I just won a PlayNTrade ssb64 tourny on the 10th. (60$) yay lol. anyway let me know if you wanna play.
There's quite a few 64 smashers in Phoenix. The easiest to get in touch with is Mike (dookdigity). He's probably second best. Ben (b-rex) is probably the best in AZ though. I'm the only Tucson 64 player. I'm guessing you're around Mike and my level if you're as good as you claim.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I appreciate it if you PLAY A BETTER GAME

i wouldn't play if people accepted melee, practiced it, and played brawl on the side. My problems where people complain melee is too hard and resort to brawl cause they don want to take the time to practice melee
...Please go back to your other thread...If he doesn't want to realize how great Melee is, then let it be... Thank you.

TheRealColtMaster

Smash Apprentice
There's quite a few 64 smashers in Phoenix. The easiest to get in touch with is Mike (dookdigity). He's probably second best. Ben (b-rex) is probably the best in AZ though. I'm the only Tucson 64 player. I'm guessing you're around Mike and my level if you're as good as you claim.
ok man. thanx.

so how do you guys get together. let me know man.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Just reiterating....

I'm hosting a Smashfest at my house on Friday in preparation for the tournament.

Is anyone from Tempe going to make the journey up here?

TOONNYY?
i'll be there. i'm going to atomic comics melee tourney on saturday. time and place so i know how to get there

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
ATTN: Listeners

People who need a ride.

I am leaving for Mesa from Tucson on Friday afternoon, around 3. I have room for 4 people as of now. Depending on how many people I take, I'm asking for around $10 total.

Tai, where do you live? I'm thinking I'll drop by with whomever I take.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
I JUST NOW SIGNED UP TO THIS THREAD AND LIVE IN PHEONIX!

Im Nathaniel (21yrs old), just joined up and I only play smash 64. I want to test my skilles. wish there was a big AZ tourny for ssb64.

If there is i havent heard of it.

If you live in PHX and are very VERY good at ssb64 and mabye still play it i would love to challenge you.

Me and my twin bro have a place and play 1v1 all the time. only problem is besides our cousin we really dont know any1 good to play.

I just won a PlayNTrade ssb64 tourny on the 10th. (60$) yay lol. anyway let me know if you wanna play.
Hello sir I am Goop. I sometimes have smashfests in Tempe. PM sometime and we can play some Melee or Brawl.

Just moved to AZ....

How is the smash scene?

Anything compared to Cali?

lol
The Brawl and Melee scene are both fairly decent. Tourneys are held some what frequently. PM sometime also.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
ATTENTION: PEOPLE THAT ARE HOUSING WITH ME

Bring sleeping bags or pillows or some form of cushioning. Ask SV about my floors.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Shut up and come play Melee with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8vz186pjY0

Kosuke, for some reason, I think you'd LOVE this video.

EDIT:

Shiv, you should MM me.

AZ's old school technical Fox vs. AZ's new school technical Fox.

Your bro should MM me too.

AZ's old school 15 year old vs AZ's new school 15 year old.

He's 15, right?

p.s.

ANY TEMPE/MESA/GILBERT (you know who you are)/CHANDLER GUYS COMING TO MY HOUSE FRIDAY? It'd be very cool if you could give CHUK a ride

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Coop/Jade denied me a spot

AZenith tells me he might go, so I might have a potential ride with him.

Shiv, also a potential, but it all depends on how fast AZenith gets back to me.

I hope its soon too since there like less than a week left to plan things, and I live far from Tucson and I would have to meet people places.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Hello, this is my new phone number: 480-274-4638. I NEED all of your phone numbers. Please text me saying "Hey this is 'gamername' aka 'real first name' ".

The perfect example:

"Hey this is dookdigity aka Mike"

If you can't text then just PM me.

Feel free to send me your mass chain texts informing me of my future lovers.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai's done, that just means there won't be tripping in the next one ^_^

HAL has pretty consistent quality with their games. Intelligent Systems is a good Nintendo-branched developer that I think could potentially do Smash some justice.

There's no reason for Nintendo to stop making sequels for a such a successful franchise. I can only think of a few good Nintendo games that don't have any sequels. It seems like any Nintendo game that has had just one sequel ended up continuing to pump out sequels.

SSBM2 would be rockin'.

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
There isn't going to be a 4th one. Sakurai is done with this series.
actually there is because with every new system there is a smash with it haven't you noticed that? Not to mention that nintendo is making a system because they want to target a bigger area of consumers like PS3 and Xb360 has acomplished.

i work at gamestop so i get some reliable info from the higher ups

Top Bottom