• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

TAG$

Smash Apprentice
thats sick; yo tommy what time is it at i could use some cash
and when are you gonna give me some of your warlock punches!? we need to play play

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
thats sick; yo tommy what time is it at i could use some cash
and when are you gonna give me some of your warlock punches!? we need to play play
I'm not sure yet, I'll definitely find out within the next few days. I barely even learned of it today.

Im more of heel man myself...I want to play too, I'm free tomorrow (MLK day) time? place?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Is there any AZ smashers out there that play brawl or is it pretty much all melee?
Of course there are Brawl AZ smashers, man!

But, that game is not mint. I suggest playing Melee. I really don't see why you'd not want to...There is a reason why it is revered over Brawl!

But that is entirely up to you. Please excuse my rudeness, man!

TAG$

Smash Apprentice
hell ye tommy im def down! do you have a cell?
maybe we could meet at the mall or something my car is kinda being repaired at the momento

Marth-3P0

Smash Rookie
I play Brawl over Melee mostly by virtue that my friends do. I loved Melee since it came out, but now I'd rather tourney with Brawl.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Brawl sucks...................why is AZ even talking about it.......... OH **** not my thread... my bad you guys......... all you other az nubs it's ok.. but.. yeah not the sv crew..

EDIT: wrong thread.. delete something.. lol my bad

Marth-3P0

Smash Rookie
Meh, I would need to go back into practicing Melee for months just to get back to any halfway decent level of play. While that wouldn't be so bad, everyone in this small town is skilled more at Brawl, which is almost just as fun. Melee is a better game, much faster and more strategic, but I'd have to give up Wolf, Tink and Pit.

Marth-3P0

Smash Rookie
Don't get me wrong, I still love Melee as it's the more technical game, but every time I play one game, going back to the other game feels strange and takes getting used to. I don't know how some people stay great at both. Plus when I play Melee I end up having to play the CPU because of the lack of good Melee players around here.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
And yet we don't have to change. What WE'RE trying to change, as a Smash community, is trying to show that Melee is superior in every way.

Brawl is just boring consistency with building brick walls and gayness with CG'ing, bad physics, camping, and poking etc. We've all played Brawl and there's a reason why we choose to play Melee more over.

If you think your Brawl matches were just as intense as your Melee matches back in the day, then LMFAO. But, judging from where you live, that is completely alright and everyone understands. Have a nice day, man!

NOW SHUT UP ABOUT BRAWL.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
No, it isn't. At least Melee is more fast paced. Samus doesn't have to approach Marth, so you shouldn't be mad anyway...

IF TAJ'S MEWTWO CAN BEAT MY MARTH THEN BLEARGH

Corigames

Smash Hero
...just boring consistency with building brick walls and gayness with CG'ing... camping...
At least Melee is more fast paced.
Fast games with Marth against Samus? Yeah, if the Marth hits you once >_>
----
Samus doesn't have to approach Marth
bad physics,and poking etc.
Good luck spamming marth when he can press any button and stop all of it. Also, Marth for top tier camping. Right there behind... IDK... maybe Falco or Fox... or something...
----
so you shouldn't be mad anyway...
We've all played Brawl and there's a reason why we choose to play Melee more over.
We've played Brawl, we can be pissed.
----
IF TAJ'S MEWTWO CAN BEAT MY MARTH THEN BLEARGH
Also why Melee is better, this is possible.

and C. Falcon isn't a wimp

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I personally have had more intense matches in brawl than melee.

Oh my gawd.

But Melee is still awesome

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Maybe it's because you just can't accept change. ^^
It's not the fact that it's changed, it's the fact that it's WORSE and inferior. I refuse to play a game I do not enjoy and has taken away the things that made the game I love earn my love in a blatant, obvious, and even stated by the man himself attempt by Masahiro Sakurai to remove the deep, competitive aspect of this game, ESPECIALLY since the game I love is still there, waiting for me with open arms.

Marth-3P0

Smash Rookie
I moved back here about a month ago. Before that I lived in Albuquerque and attended Melee tournaments regularly. I was used to playing advanced players. I get the same feeling from playing good players in Brawl. Lrn2opinion.

Come on, I was playing Melee regularly since it came out. I've always been a HUGE Smash fan. I'd appreciate it if you took my opinion a little more seriously. I love both games.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Albuquerque advanced =/= AZ too good.

There's still a lot of Brawl lovers in AZ though, don't worry. There's a handful of talented brawlers in Phoenix and Tucson, so if you ever want to travel to either for smash and want referrals just let me know and I'll send you the the right people. I've played all three smashes with the best of each respective game so I can refer any smasher to the appropriate ****.

To the rest of you -- you're AZ board vets, you should know by now that your brawl hate posts are fruitless. One post is too much. Just shut it.

Tai, sorry I won't make it to the Phoenix tournament since hoes before bros for me that exact day. I'm willing to $5 money match you anytime you come to Tucson though :)

Top Bottom