• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
Why small European tournaments own...

Friday:
Brawl doubles
Melee doubles
Melee Crews

Saturday:
Brawl singles
Melee singles
64 singles

Sunday:
Brawl Crews
Melee low tier singles

should be a fun weekend :D

fark

Smash Apprentice
dastrn me and my friend steve are gonna head over to your place around 610
then well go to the tempe one from there
just text me when you get this cuz i forgot your number

623 533 1985

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Cool guys. How about an equipment list?

Like I said before, we're going to need at LEAST 4 TV's and Box's. Any less and we'll be playing 4 player split screen, which blows hardcore.

I have:
2 TV's 1 XBox
8 port switch
1 long ethernet cable, several small ones.

Coty will bring
1 TV
1 Box
Ethernet cable of moderate length

that's only 3 TV's and 2 boxes.

I bet I can get Dark to bring his box, but probably not a TV.

So can we expect a TV+ Box from the G-Mo household? That would put us at the desired 4&4. Any more than that will allow some full-screen'ers.

IE: If you bring an extra TV+Box for your team, that means that you AND another teammate both get full-screen.
we can bring boxes and tvs fo sho. probably two boxes and two tvs. I'd bring more of each, but I doubt my car can take 3+ tvs while transporting 4 people. stupid honda.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Read this without cringing

Involuntary castration also appears in the history of warfare,
sometimes used by one side to torture or demoralize their enemies. Even
when performed quickly, as by a sword strike, it is excruciatingly
painful, because not only the testicles, but also the spermatic cords,
are thickly wrapped in nerve fibers and extremely sensitive to impact
and injury, but most castrations as punishments were performed as
slowly as possible to worsen the intensity of the victim's agony and
lengthen its duration.
Standard practice in France from the Middle Ages
to the French Revolution was to crush the condemned's testicles in a
vise, which burst them as mush from the scrotum, then crunch the
spermatic cords with pliers. The condemned was turned upside down in
order to maximize the blood flow to his brain, after which he was
unable to pass out or enter a state of shock until, perhaps, the last
few seconds of his ordeal. The condemned was sure to vomit repeatedly
with violent convulsions, even well after he had voided the contents of
his stomach, but he rarely screamed except for an initial shriek, which
immediately silenced, because the pain overwhelmed his ability to
breathe.
Most men would hang and thrash wildly during and after the
crushing of each testicle, and their thrashing would renew upon the
crushing of each spermatic cord. This torture method (accompanied by
others) was usually reserved for the crime of regicide or attempted
regicide. The condemned was mercifully put to death afterwards, but his
torture routinely lasted for the better part of a day, witnessed by
large crowds.
It is interesting to note that, whereas most crowds were
instructed to jeer, mock, and ridicule the condemned, and did so even
during a disemboweling, and drawing and quartering, most crowds
remained silent and stared with shocked expressions as a castration was
carried out in this manner. Onlookers, male and female, are recorded to
have vomited at the sight of the spectacle. The crushing of the
spermatic cords produces a sound, which veterinarians (who routinely
perform this castration procedure on anesthetized, large livestock,
such as horses) usually describe as similar to crushing an entire head
of frozen celery, wrapped in rubber bands.

I felt pain as I read this T_T

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Aww, come on, Corey, Tai just wants to added some fun to this thread. I didn't cringe though.

It's true that a lot of non-related Smash stuff gets talked about in this thread, but it can't be helped, I suppose. :/

It does say post anything you want on the first post in this thread, after all...

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I hope everyone will be able to attend future tournaments in future months. I doubt it, though.

I mean, everyone...Something like that is something I've never seen before.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Everyone should make an effort to go to Sierra Vista's tourney in January. AXE and Vectorman are leaving the scene in April permanently so try to make it to their last tourney.

I mean, they always drove up here. So try to make an effort, guys.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
why thank you Kosuke!.. please I hope all of you will make it.... and i'm telling you...Alt4warrior Max, Dark.. bring your xboxs.. halo, and i'll be happy to school you in that... so i'll make it worthwhile for you ya know? lol xD.. but please come if u can..

BTW Axe isn't leaving in April... he's still leaving tho.. in June.....so.. yeah.. this may/might be the last big tourney sv is hosting.. so please.. come and make it... we might have another but just not sure yet

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
not leaving smash per se.. man.. Axe is going to college... and I'll be joining the Air force............Need a career... and stuff.. if only life were free!.. *sigh*

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
May I tempt you to reveal what university our dear friend Jeff desires to pursue higher education at?

Ostro

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7252-9309-8314
Woah, didn't think the AZ thread would be active at all.

6 posts in one day before Noon. @_@

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
If I get a 360, will someone be on a competitive Left 4 Dead team with me? I've been having way too much fun with that game beating people hard at it.
It does, but that doesn't change that there are less smashers posting here and more... other... game playing... players, in here.
I know what you mean.

Listen, guys. There is a shortage of smash playing right now. You can blame it on school, or work, or not having a ride, or whatever. But just because we're not playing smash, doesn't stop us from playing other games. I made friends here, not solely "smash" friends. Friends do more than just play smash--just because we're not playing melee often, should not stop us from communicating. When there is a smashfest/tourney, we'll play smash. There was one yesterday--I didn't go, but I did play melee with Tai. My point is calm down, Corey.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Well, it's also a silly thing since you live in West Virginia now. Thank you for your concern, though.

Tai, let's play on Friday, LOL

<_< And bring the ACMM2 tapes.

Corigames

Smash Hero
My point is calm down, Corey.
Yes, because I'm being completely irate and aggressive about it >_>

I'm just saying that there are about 2 posts a day in this thread about smash and the rest are about other games, setting up tournaments in those games, and get fests together for those games. I mean, it's not even spam, it's just organization for other games. This is still smashboards, and, had this been 5 months ago, AltF4 would have infractioned all of us for going off topic!

My point is, calm down... about Halo.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Yes, because I'm being completely irate and aggressive about it >_>

I'm just saying that there are about 2 posts a day in this thread about smash and the rest are about other games, setting up tournaments in those games, and get fests together for those games. I mean, it's not even spam, it's just organization for other games. This is still smashboards, and, had this been 5 months ago, AltF4 would have infractioned all of us for going off topic!

My point is, calm down... about Halo.
STOP YELLING AT ME COREY!

I just want to keep in touch with my friends. If they're not playing smash, that's not going to stop me.

Plus, MLG owns smashboards. Smash and Halo can be friends. They might as well be; they live under the same roof.

lockdown7

Smash Cadet
SOOOOO are we going to update our power rankings??? I know there is a ton of new poeple that play and lots of old ones who don't. I am willing to be a panelist if someone else wants to help me compile a list. Please let me know because I want to keep AZ smash alive. Having ever changing power rankings gives some of the new players something to shoot for.

fark

Smash Apprentice
so im totally confused on who is going to play halo
me and steve really wanna go
but gmo has replaced me with jeremy and steve isnt even on the list
im lost
we need a confirmed list cuz i dont wanna drive all the way there and not be able to play

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Well, Dan said people can step out and coach. So one or two extra guys won't be such a bad idea.
---
Lockdown, not many people care about Power Rankings here in Arizona. It was a nice idea back when Brawl came out but no one is motivated to care about them anymore. Especially for Brawl...

fark

Smash Apprentice
why would i go coach?
thats the dumbest thing
why on earth would i drive across the city to tell people how to play?
if im going im going to play

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer

Perhaps the misunderstanding is on my part. The list I made isn't necessarily definitive. Just talk to G-Mo.

Corey

Yes, I'm organizing a Halo lan. No, it won't be recurring nor advertised again in the Az thread though. The rules on content change. You're right in that 5 months ago (though I would argue it's more like 7 or 8 months ago) I would have closed new topics about other games. If you recall, I did in fact close a thread the STB made about Halo in the Southwest.

The difference is in two parts:

1) Activity in general is very low right now in Arizona. So just about anything is acceptable as long as it's genuinely trying to stimulate gaming activity. It serves no one to close down threads and stop discussion on other games, when that's some of the only activity going on.

2) MLG buying the boards does change the dynamics of how things work. There was no official "Hey moderators, you may now talk about Halo, lol!" announcement. But it doesn't take a genius to put it all together. MLG bought the smashboards because it is populated by people in their target demographic: Males between the ages of 15-30. It doesn't even matter what "game they play". They are significantly more likely to be interested in competitive Halo (or the other games MLG runs) than by buying the forums to Cat Fancy.

If and when activity picks back up in the Az Smash community, the Southwest will be more centralized to just Smash, and other games will be discussed in the Light House. But for now it's more lax.

But don't take that as a free ticket to talk about anything! lol. The rules on "talking about only smash in the regional zones" are a bit more relaxed only so long as you're genuinely trying to stir up gaming activity.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Well, Dan said people can step out and coach. So one or two extra guys won't be such a bad idea.
---
Lockdown, not many people care about Power Rankings here in Arizona. It was a nice idea back when Brawl came out but no one is motivated to care about them anymore. Especially for Brawl...
Dan said he would step out and coach. I'm sure after the set, there will be time for everyone that wants to play to do so. If you guys (pokey & steve) want to come, you should. Everyone else that is interested should come too.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Coaching.....Halo......this isn't MLG Vegas, Dallas, New York, all of which i've been too in my Halo days....coaching is somewhat useless... it is effective.. but come on.... I don't think you guys need coaches unless you actually SUCK THAT BADLY!........XD.....not tryin to be an ***....but seriously...coaching.....yeah.........just go to play and have everyone take turns or something......unless you're all like........at a...stellar level.....(which i doubt) but i could be wrong...than just have everyone take turns or somethin.

AXE 09

Smash Master
what vman's trying to say is:

he's cocky as heck, try to beat him in halo so you can fail miserably :chuckle:

btw i don't know anything about halo lol. i <3 melee :)

__Gold__

Smash Cadet
hey what the next tourny here in az cuz i wanna go to a ssbb tourny for the 1st time

Top Bottom