• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Good. I would vote for him if I was old enough by the way. I stayed away from that maverick crap.
---
Also, M2K's strategy for Marth on Samus is pretty simple but effective.

THE WAITING GAME

fark

Smash Apprentice
i voted for him
thats about all i voted for,other than the gay marriage prop,the loan prop and against the prez of tent city,that sadly,won,again

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
SWEET DANCING BABY JEEBUS

I want to go. MA will be a pretty big stretch to convince my mom to let me go. Sounds pretty sweet though.

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
It's actually about four or five times as much as you would spend if you drove.
Wrong dude. Check your math. 2700 miles / 15 MPG = around 180 gallons. Average lowest gas price is like 1.60 dollars per gallon. 1.60 times 180 gallons = 280 dollars. 280 divided by 4. 4 People per car is 70 dollars per person. Cramming 5 people in a car for a 2 day trip would be suicide but I guess you could do it, but it's still 50 dollars per person just for the gas, and that is just ONE WAY. If I was taking my car I would charge maybe an extra 10-20 dollars for me taking my car, putting 5000 miles on it and for driving for 2 days. But that is just me. This isn't including all the money you're gonna spend on food and drink during the two day trip. Also 90 hours driving compared to 16 hours flying, you could spend that time working and making money too or by playing smash! There's no way you're going to get away with spending less than 100 dollars on this car ride. I'm not trying to convince you not to do it, but I'm just trying to make you realize how long a car drive to Boston and make really is, compared to shelling out more money for a flight :p

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Wrong dude. Check your math. 2700 miles / 15 MPG = around 180 gallons. Average lowest gas price is like 1.60 dollars per gallon. 1.60 times 180 gallons = 280 dollars. 280 divided by 4. 4 People per car is 70 dollars per person. Cramming 5 people in a car for a 2 day trip would be suicide but I guess you could do it, but it's still 50 dollars per person just for the gas, and that is just ONE WAY. If I was taking my car I would charge maybe an extra 10-20 dollars for me taking my car, putting 5000 miles on it and for driving for 2 days. But that is just me. This isn't including all the money you're gonna spend on food and drink during the two day trip. Also 90 hours driving compared to 16 hours flying, you could spend that time working and making money too or by playing smash! There's no way you're going to get away with spending less than 100 dollars on this car ride. I'm not trying to convince you not to do it, but I'm just trying to make you realize how long a car drive to Boston and make really is, compared to shelling out more money for a flight :p
Exactly. Driving is less cost effective then most everybody thinks. Remember New Mexico, Tai? 20 bucks per person is what you guys thought was fair, and it turned out to be fifty like I said. Driving is a much bigger responsibility than you'd think.

NewRocker8D

Smash Rookie
Man this account is super old. Back from my super SWF lurking days. Lol look at that post count :p
Also, AZenith is probably the coolest guy in Tucson. ^^

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
dastrn lets practice this weekend
any day other than monday
anyone else im down to play as well
just got laid off so i got some free time till i can find a new job
I'm down. I think I'm free wednesday if you wanna come by. let me clear it with the wife and I'll get back to you. send me a PM to remind me, or I'll forget.

REGARDING OHANA:

No one is driving to Massachusetts from here. 2700 miles at 60 miles an hour is 45 hours of driving. at best, you'll do that in 3.5-4.5 days. That's 7-9 days of driving with 2-3 days of smash in the middle. That would mean taking off 9-12 days off of work, plus paying from travel costs, plus sleeping amenities. We're talking talking about a net loss of around $1400 per person (for those of us with jobs).

Even if you drive 80 mph all the way (you won't. I've driven across country in hte last 2 months. I know what it's like) you still only get there in around 30 hours. That's still 3 longass days.

Flying would me 4 days total, which would save me like $500 just because i could take less time off work. Plus I wouldn't have to pay for motels, or gas. I think the flying trip, including time off work, would only cost me like $700 total. It's WAY cheaper to fly.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I'm down. I think I'm free wednesday if you wanna come by. let me clear it with the wife and I'll get back to you. send me a PM to remind me, or I'll forget.

REGARDING OHANA:

No one is driving to Massachusetts from here. 2700 miles at 60 miles an hour is 45 hours of driving. at best, you'll do that in 3.5-4.5 days. That's 7-9 days of driving with 2-3 days of smash in the middle. That would mean taking off 9-12 days off of work, plus paying from travel costs, plus sleeping amenities. We're talking talking about a net loss of around $1400 per person (for those of us with jobs).

Even if you drive 80 mph all the way (you won't. I've driven across country in hte last 2 months. I know what it's like) you still only get there in around 30 hours. That's still 3 longass days.

Flying would me 4 days total, which would save me like $500 just because i could take less time off work. Plus I wouldn't have to pay for motels, or gas. I think the flying trip, including time off work, would only cost me like $700 total. It's WAY cheaper to fly.
this .

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
pokey, you free tuesday night? if you meet me at my place, we can carpool to tempe for a smashfest with those guys and i'll bring you back to my place after. I'm free tuesday now, but busy wednesday, and thursday is both survivor and the office, so i'm not going out then...

Corigames

Smash Hero
I may MM M2K this weekend. Any tips from pros? Do I have AZ's backing?

Do I have my paycheck yet so that I can even go in the first place? No, but that's beside the point. Safety first, right?

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
pokey, you free tuesday night? if you meet me at my place, we can carpool to tempe for a smashfest with those guys and i'll bring you back to my place after. I'm free tuesday now, but busy wednesday, and thursday is both survivor and the office, so i'm not going out then...
don't forget about grey's anatomy at 8 ;)

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I may MM M2K this weekend. Any tips from pros? Do I have AZ's backing?

Do I have my paycheck yet so that I can even go in the first place? No, but that's beside the point. Safety first, right?
I already told you what M2K does to Samus with Marth.
---
Dark Shifter, I suggest you pick up Melee. :]

And no "lol I'm bad" Johns! I remember when I first started playing, G-mo, Dark etc. (everyone in general) would 4- (or if I got lucky), 3-stock me. Melee is fun... -.-

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Shifter, if you picked up Melee, I'd be glad to play with you when I'm free and give you pointers and stuff.

If you played one of my chars that is, which are Fox, Marth, Falco, Sheik... generally.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Shifty, I could give you pointers in general. :laugh:

I really wish more people would play Melee instead...I wouldn't mind if they played Brawl or not. -.-
---
me⋅lee
1   /ˈmeɪleɪ, meɪˈleɪ, ˈmɛleɪ/ [mey-ley, mey-ley, mel-ey]
–noun
1. a confused hand-to-hand fight or struggle among several people.
2. confusion; turmoil; jumble: the melee of Christmas shopping.
Also, mêlée.

:laugh:

fark

Smash Apprentice
aww man im busy tonight
atleast until like 6

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I work til 6. We could go after that. the only problem is my car is in the shop all of the sudden, so you would have to drive me.

if it doesn't work, it's cool. we could even just chill at my place and skip the drive into tempe.

fark

Smash Apprentice
ya im fine with driving to tempe or just staying at your place
either or is cool with me
no work for me so i can be out later than usual
ill get back on at 6 or so to let you know whats up

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay guys, so the Halo LAN is going to be the 19th since nobody has expressed any concerns over which day it will be.

We'll kick it off at around 5:00 PM.

Teams are...

Team STB
-G-Mo
-G-Mo's little brother?
-Omar

Team we still need a god**** name
-Myself
-Coty
-Dark
-Joe aka Kyne aka Wakka aka IFeelAsleep

But there is still room for alternates / coaches. I for one know I'm going to want to take a break to chill / coach. So others are welcome. But post here with what you want so I know who's coming.

Gametypes and matches.
All gametypes and maps are MLG v5. So download the gametypes to your box if you haven't already.

It will be "best of 3" sets. Each set is "best of 5". So the winner is the team who wins two sets. Got it?

Set1
Game 1 - Multi Flag - Narrows
Game 2 - Team Slayer - Amplified
Game 3 - Team King - The Pit
Game 4 - Team Oddball - Guardian
Game 5 - Team Slayer - Construct

Set2
Game 1 - Multi Flag - The Pit
Game 2 - Team Slayer - Narrows
Game 3 - Team King - Construct
Game 4 - Multi Flag - Onslaught
Game 5 - Team Slayer - The Pit

Set 3
Game 1 - Team Slayer - Guardian
Game 2 - Team Slayer - Onslaught
Game 4 - Multi Flag - Narrows
Game 5 - Team Slayer - Amplified

Note: The first two sets are taken directly from MLG Vegas's championship gametypes. The last one is a bit of a mix.

Suggestions will be taken. But not if it's just "LOL Onslaught suxxorz!". ;)

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Well, the Smashfest is 6:30 PM so there shouldn't be any problems. :]
Smashfest?

i would like to play melee. and i do really only like playing marth and dr. mario. those were my favorite playing :) pointers would be cool :)
Doc is a good guy. He is one of my mains.

Okay guys, so the Halo LAN is going to be the 19th since nobody has expressed any concerns over which day it will be.

We'll kick it off at around 5:00 PM.

Teams are...

Team STB
-G-Mo
-G-Mo's little brother?
-Omar

Team we still need a god**** name
-Myself
-Coty
-Dark
-Joe aka Kyne aka Wakka aka IFeelAsleep

But there is still room for alternates / coaches. I for one know I'm going to want to take a break to chill / coach. So others are welcome. But post here with what you want so I know who's coming.

Gametypes and matches.
All gametypes and maps are MLG v5. So download the gametypes to your box if you haven't already.

It will be "best of 3" sets. Each set is "best of 5". So the winner is the team who wins two sets. Got it?

Set1
Game 1 - Multi Flag - Narrows
Game 2 - Team Slayer - Amplified
Game 4 - Team Oddball - Guardian
Game 5 - Team Slayer - Construct

Set2
Game 1 - Multi Flag - The Pit
Game 2 - Team Slayer - Narrows
Game 3 - Team King - Construct
Game 4 - Multi Flag - Onslaught
Game 5 - Team Slayer - The Pit

Set 3
Game 1 - Team Slayer - Guardian
Game 2 - Team Slayer - Onslaught
Game 4 - Multi Flag - Narrows
Game 5 - Team Slayer - Amplified

Note: The first two sets are taken directly from MLG Vegas's championship gametypes. The last one is a bit of a mix.

Suggestions will be taken. But not if it's just "LOL Onslaught suxxorz!". ;)
OSHI-

Team STB even though STB has disbanded.
-G-Mo
-**** (we have a fourth player already (Jeremy), but if he doesn't show we'll need a replacement)
-G-Mo's little brother? (Replace with Oscar AKA Vat-Zero AKA Vat-Storch AKA Vat-Grizzy)
-Omar

The gametypes are fine. I can't wait. My BR is garbage, though. haha

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Yes, G-mo.

Today, at 6:30 PM, there will be a Smashfest in Tempe, AZ. I don't think you'll make it down there though... :/

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Yes, G-mo.

Today, at 6:30 PM, there will be a Smashfest in Tempe, AZ. I don't think you'll make it down there though... :/
Don't tell me what I can and can't do. Who will be there? What game will be played?

you're probably right, though, Kosuke.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
rofl maxx

it's a brawlfest and it's usually me, justin, dark shifter, zardus, and sometimes dook and pokey (****) and a few others.

a lot of the crew that was at my place that one time, plus a few others.

you should come down.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
i just got a text from dark shifter about a smashfest in tempe. All I have to say is WHEN and WHERE? please inform me because i am interested.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cool guys. How about an equipment list?

Like I said before, we're going to need at LEAST 4 TV's and Box's. Any less and we'll be playing 4 player split screen, which blows hardcore.

I have:
2 TV's 1 XBox
8 port switch
1 long ethernet cable, several small ones.

Coty will bring
1 TV
1 Box
Ethernet cable of moderate length

that's only 3 TV's and 2 boxes.

I bet I can get Dark to bring his box, but probably not a TV.

So can we expect a TV+ Box from the G-Mo household? That would put us at the desired 4&4. Any more than that will allow some full-screen'ers.

IE: If you bring an extra TV+Box for your team, that means that you AND another teammate both get full-screen.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Lol........You Halo nubcakes!....*sigh* I wish i could........bleh.........just have fun you guys! I'll get to do what i do eventually!

Top Bottom