• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
hey all you phoenix people, im gonna be in phoenix today(sat), and i was gonna see if anyone is down to play some melee after about 5? just send me a text (520) 904-8341

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
I can't believe you guys are using the AZ thread for discussing HALO....

If this was last year, you would get made fun of so hard....it makes me sad to see the smash scene slipped so far :(

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer

If this was last year, you would get made fun of so hard....it makes me sad to see the smash scene slipped so far :(
QFT

/sigh

Halo... :urg: ah well, on just a *slightly* unrelated note, I need people to play some recorded matches with me. I am going to "finish the fight?" and complete the "trilogy."

Tai, if you wouldn't mind uploading/sending some of my M2 footage to me that would greatly appreciated. <3

Corigames

Smash Hero
I would play you... but... well, you know.

Trent, where did you get your GameBridge btw?

On a non-halo related note:
If I get a 360, will someone be on a competitive Left 4 Dead team with me? I've been having way too much fun with that game beating people hard at it.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
QFT

/sigh

Halo... :urg: ah well, on just a *slightly* unrelated note, I need people to play some recorded matches with me. I am going to "finish the fight?" and complete the "trilogy."

Tai, if you wouldn't mind uploading/sending some of my M2 footage to me that would greatly appreciated. <3
Tai: I'll send it to you.... and play recorded matches with you ^__^

I'm not pulling any DBR ****, though :DDDD

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I would play you... but... well, you know.

Trent, where did you get your GameBridge btw?

On a non-halo related note:
If I get a 360, will someone be on a competitive Left 4 Dead team with me? I've been having way too much fun with that game beating people hard at it.
Xbox Live has a bunch of ***gots. And mouse aiming is just better.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Xbox Live has a bunch of ***gots.
Tai is your friend >_> You don't even have to go on Xbox live. And to that, you can't tell me that people online aren't complete *****. I played counter-strike. Hell, people were jerks on gunbound! Besides, I'm an *** when I'm playing.

And mouse aiming is just better.
Agreed, but I'm on a ****ty computer. A 360 would handle the game just like every other one out there.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Tai is your friend >_> You don't even have to go on Xbox live. And to that, you can't tell me that people online aren't complete *****. I played counter-strike. Hell, people were jerks on gunbound! Besides, I'm an *** when I'm playing.

Agreed, but I'm on a ****ty computer. A 360 would handle the game just like every other one out there.
I don't have a 360

maXXXpower

Smash Champion

How is this our fault? You guys are the vets. Where's the leadership?

I made friends here, and I want to talk to them. It's your fault I made friends here, Trent. D*mn you.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ehh, and quite honestly, since MLG bought the boards, talking about Halo is a little less taboo. A full thread on it in the regional zones would be too much, but you can talk about it.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
why oh why dan are we checking the boards at this hour? we are full of cake and should sleep

sorry g-mo, i would be on, but i had a delicious dinner to attend =P

but tomorrow ill probably be on around five ish, as i have work

normally i get online about 7pm or so on weekdays

and yes we would have been made fun of. but i need a game to play the hell out of, and its much easier to find and play with halo'ers than smashers... lazy gaming at its finest

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
HEY, ARIZONA.

Anyone interested in going to Ohana?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178903

3 days, all 3 games, out-of-country Smashers, and the most noteworthy tourney hosts in the world joining forces to host quite probably the GREATEST tournament ever held. This may be a once-in-a-lifetime chance to go to this tournament, and it'll definitely be worth going to.

Anyone want to carpool? I can't drive, but I'd be more than happy to pay my share of gas money. It's during the summer, so school won't get in the way, and it's the perfect time to just do something amazing like going to this. Also, I'll have a permit by then (LOL) so depending on the rules and regulations about it, I MAY be able to help with driving. That is, if you guys trust a permit driver to be cruising at 80 with your car. If we have enough people and collateral, I may be able to pull some strings to get my mom's van for the trip. It has a screen and a power inverter, so passengers can play Smash, plus, it's a seven-seater.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Uh, if you guys are car pooling and I'm still living in WV. I may be able to let you stay here in one of our rooms. Then, could I get a ride up there with you guys?

Puhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
It's going to be a like, two-day drive, so we'd need to get a lot of people to pool gas money and at least three drivers to make it not-hellish.

Math for each way
Phoenix to WV to Boston: 2800 miles
Let's assume 15 MPG with 7 people: 26.2n per person, where n is the cost of a gallon of gas.

Phoenix to Boston: 2700 miles
Let's assume its 15 MPG with 7 people: 25.7n per person

Phoenix to WV to Boston: 2800 miles
Let's assume 15 MPG with 6 people: 31.1n per person

Phoenix to Boston: 2700 miles
Let's assume its 15 MPG with 7 people: 30n per person

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
That's a ridiculous amount of driving to AND back. Days of driving, cost of food during the drive. You could save some money by sleeping in the car instead of a motel.

You'd basically be much better off just flying there. More time smashing and less time driving.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Yes, but that's the price for one car of people, not one person. I don't know how much it costs to do a round trip to Boston and back, but I can assume that everyone helping on the drive is cheaper.

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
No one in their right mind would want to drive 5000 üöäçing miles. That is just ridiculous, I would never want to put that many miles on my car for one. Two, I would go absolutely insane driving that long. I am considering about going to this. I might several people in Europe who are planning on coming too, so it would be cool to see them again. Airplane ticket isn't too bad. Probably looking at like 250-300 dollars round trip. Yeah that is probably around double what you would spend if you drove, but I think it's definitely worth it considering the hell driving across the freaking country would be.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Arrg this Zelda 2 speed run is hard as balls. I'm trying to cut time by going through Death Mountain in the dark, but there are these enemies that... GRRRRRR. Their counterpart buddies glow in the dark and have a melee attack with an axe that you can't block. They are kinda easy, you just repeatedly jump stab them, take a step back, and then do it again until they die. Whatever. The ones I have the face remain hidden in the dark, so I have to see where they are off the movement of the ground. On top of that, they aren't melee damage dealers, he throws axes. Normally, you can easily time a jump over the axes and hit him, but I can't see when he's trying to throw them in the dark! The only way I can do it is if I land a hit on him and make him flash (like in any game where you hit something and it kinda blinks a little). Then it's easy, but I have to land that first hit. BTW, getting hit by one axe takes 1/2 my life away and knocks me away from him :(

I have 3 lives to get through this part and I've done it a couple times, but very, VERY slowly, so it didn't help the run at all. It's so hard and annoying. GARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

BTW, I'm going to see if I can MM M2K if I see him in PA if I go. Think I'll do good :p

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
No one in their right mind would want to drive 5000 üöäçing miles. That is just ridiculous, I would never want to put that many miles on my car for one. Two, I would go absolutely insane driving that long. I am considering about going to this. I might several people in Europe who are planning on coming too, so it would be cool to see them again. Airplane ticket isn't too bad. Probably looking at like 250-300 dollars round trip. Yeah that is probably around double what you would spend if you drove, but I think it's definitely worth it considering the hell driving across the freaking country would be.
It's actually about four or five times as much as you would spend if you drove.

fark

Smash Apprentice
dastrn lets practice this weekend
any day other than monday
anyone else im down to play as well
just got laid off so i got some free time till i can find a new job

Top Bottom