• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Oh, she's 21. She's legal, alright. Ripe and fresh for the plucking.

I also have two younger sisters to cater towards the younger audiences of Arizona.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
****it, Kosuke. No selling your sisters off to the internet.

And stop posting a picture every time you post. Did you read the Signature Violation sticky? that's pretty much the same thing.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
So how about that coaching practice? I could use some pointers.

I don't see how you can get better since you pretty much are considered a professional player and know the game inside out. What I mean is, getting better is fun, so spread the wealth.

If you really want pictures of my sister, I'll be glad to assist.

I can be much better than I've ever been, you've ever seen, and you can possibly perceive. If you want coaching then I need motivation to go your house way out in the middle of nowhere, or you should make the effort to come to me, IMO.

Kosuke, you need to CALM DOWN.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
No financial transactions were taken, so it does not fall into the category of sales.

Kosuke what is your ethnic background? Just curious.

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
Awww... I'm gonna miss Kosuke's pictures..

Taj, you should set up a coaching business! It'd be like martial arts lessons, but in a video game. Depending on where you live, you could make bank!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
No financial transactions were taken, so it does not fall into the category of sales.

Kosuke what is your ethnic background? Just curious.
Kosuke's Filipino.

I'm 75% Vietnamese, 18% Chinese, and 7% French.

Jackie (you) is 100% Vietnamese (AFAIK).

Joey (YEAH!) is Chinese.

Who else are we missing?

Peter?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Oh, I'm sorry, Tai. I planned out this weekend to finish off my work hours for school.

Try again next week~!

<picture links soon>

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
KGA, get pancakes. Call Taj. Make pancakes. Taj plays you. You lose. Get told to love the game. The end.
Honestly, I didn't know what else to tell you at the time. You had some kind of foundation for the game, I'm not a Samus main, and you had no intention of learning another character in general. Once you reach a certain point, all you really can do aside from small trick here and there is work on perfecting your own game.

I don't know if you were expecting to just jump up 1000% after playing with me for a few hours without asking any questions in particular that I can analyze and give you some direction, but maybe I just wasn't the right guy to teach you or I just didn't know how to at the time. Sorry you felt that way though.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Honestly, I didn't know what else to tell you at the time. You had some kind of foundation for the game, I'm not a Samus main, and you had no intention of learning another character in general. Once you reach a certain point, all you really can do aside from small trick here and there is work on perfecting your own game.

I don't know if you were expecting to just jump up 1000% after playing with me for a few hours without asking any questions in particular that I can analyze and give you some direction, but maybe I just wasn't the right guy to teach you or I just didn't know how to at the time. Sorry you felt that way though.
I was just joking, chill out man XD
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4786108&postcount=6159

"Noticing that Trent had carried me probably as far as he could or wanted to go, I turned to someone else, Taj. Someone told me that he loved pancakes and Gatorade, so I stocked up and told him that I would keep feeding him if he would keep training me. So, for a full day, I bought Taj and got his supreme council ...but Taj left one note for me that night. “Above everything else though Corey,” he told me, “you gotta have love for the game!” Wow… cheap. That’s the ultimate strategy? Have love for the game? What a waste."
"Thinking back on what Taj said. You have to have love for the game. I have a lot of love for melee. A lot of love. I can’t let the game go. In contrast, I don’t have any love for Brawl, so how can you expect me to play it?"

If I don't have love for it, it's not worth it.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
You'll be great at anything if you love it enough and learn from your mistakes.

I'm most culturally Vietnamese, but I'm biologically also Chinese and Cambodian. Not that it really matters except for getting with women with yellow fever ;)

I'm probably coming up to Phoenix this Saturday with Sean and maybe others for the AC brawl tourney. I'd really love to play 64/Melee so if the tourney isn't too long I'd love to 64 with dook or melee with the rest of you. Not for too long since the ladies and parties are calling that night (UA vs ASU I think).

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
You'll be great at anything if you love it enough and learn from your mistakes.

I'm most culturally Vietnamese, but I'm biologically also Chinese and Cambodian. Not that it really matters except for getting with women with yellow fever ;)

I'm probably coming up to Phoenix this Saturday with Sean and maybe others for the AC brawl tourney. I'd really love to play 64/Melee so if the tourney isn't too long I'd love to 64 with dook or melee with the rest of you. Not for too long since the ladies and parties are calling that night (UA vs ASU I think).
Are you guys going home that night or on Sunday?

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
We'll be going home that night. As much as I love smash, Saturday nights are hoes before bros for me. I appreciate the offer for housing (lolz you didn't offer but I'm assuming you would've).

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
corey, i read your entire blog and all i have to say is you gotta do what you gotta do. mixed feelings about it but i understand where your comming from. good luck in all of your adventures.

any body know if there is any tournies going down tomorrow in the tempe area?
there is a saturday brawl tourny in mesa at atomic comics. justinkamakaze is hosting it.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
I'll be back in AZ in about 2.5 weeks for break. I hope to play with everyone again, like that Smashfest at Goop's late in the summer. If time permits, Taj, I'd love to make a trek down to your place for some smash. I guess I'll send you a message sometime when I am home.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Hey, Dan. Do you know what day you'll do that halo lan, yet? Omar and Oscar have expressed interest and Omar needs to know when to take the day off work. thanks.

fark

Smash Apprentice
so who is gonna be down for this dan?
the only problem for me is a controller
i dont own an xbox but im sure one of you has to have enough to lend me one

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, I've got a spare controller if nobody else has one.

Teams are looking something like this:

Team STB
-G-Mo
-Omar
-Oscar? Did you say?

Team... I dunno we need a team name
-Myself
-Coty
-Joe aka Kyne aka Wakka aka IFeelAsleep
-Dark? (I haven't actually talked to him about it yet, but he's pretty good.)

We can have others come, though, too. Coaches would be awesome. In fact, I'd probably like to step out for a couple of games and coach.

Again, try to let me know if wither the 19th or the 20th would be better, or if it doesn't matter for you.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Coaches?........dude are you serious?....like to call things out you mean right? not to actually teach people I hope?

Omar.........that guy's good! watch out! I got to play him at AZonetwostep! and if you haven't got your general yet OMAR send me a **** friend request so i can help you get it!........you still haven't sent me one!

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
so who is gonna be down for this dan?
the only problem for me is a controller
i dont own an xbox but im sure one of you has to have enough to lend me one
I've got a controller you can use.

Yea, I've got a spare controller if nobody else has one.

Teams are looking something like this:

Team STB
-G-Mo
-Omar
-Oscar? Did you say?

-Myself
-Coty

We can have others come, though, too. Coaches would be awesome. In fact, I'd probably like to step out for a couple of games and coach.

Again, try to let me know if wither the 19th or the 20th would be better, or if it doesn't matter for you.
I'll ask them both today and let you know ASAP.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
-Myself
-Coty

hey dan, sounds fun. im gonna have to get some games in again soon, been outta practice. yeah i wanna know some times we can play too

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Yes, please.

That would be great. I need to cram in last-minute sessions before WCSL.

Please call me, I want to work out details.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Well, I want to work out details for tomorrow; that's the thing.

So do I just go to your mom's house ASAP?

Top Bottom