• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Got a question for you guys. My cousins goto EAU and they somehow got tuition at lower price than oos tuition, even though they are from here.

Any idea how?

Also, I am sending my papers in for ASU in a couple of days.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Got a question for you guys. My cousins goto EAU and they somehow got tuition at lower price than oos tuition, even though they are from here.

Any idea how?

Also, I am sending my papers in for ASU in a couple of days.
Well, I think they classify people as oos, if they have not yet attained residency. I think the legal period for residency is about three months, so if they've been here for that long before entering college, they could possibly be eligible for resident tuition. I'm not 100% on that, so I'm not sure how useful that might be to you. Schools have differing rules and definitions of residential status, so that might be a factor as well.

Also, ASU FTW. Let us know when they accept you, thug.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey Sinz! It'd be cool to have another ASU smasher!

Anyway, residency is handled on a case-by-case basis. There is no standard period, and there is no standard qualifications.

Essentially, they're going to look to see if you "really are living in Arizona" or are just there for school. There are a lot of gray areas. A common misconception is that there is a certain amount of time after which you become a resident. But if that were the case, then we'd never have any non-resident students! Everyone would qualify for residency after their first semester.

Some relatives of mine had recently moved to Az from Minnesota not that long ago, and their son enrolled at ASU. They had only been in Arizona for a couple of months, yet he qualified for in state tuition. Why? Because he and his parents permanently moved to the state, and it was clear that he was now a permanent resident.

Whereas someone who just moves in to the state by himself is quite unlikely to get residency classification. It's a hard nut to crack. But the longer you're here the easier your case will be.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion

Anyway, residency is handled on a case-by-case basis. There is no standard period, and there is no standard qualifications.

Essentially, they're going to look to see if you "really are living in Arizona" or are just there for school. There are a lot of gray areas. A common misconception is that there is a certain amount of time after which you become a resident. But if that were the case, then we'd never have any non-resident students! Everyone would qualify for residency after their first semester.

Some relatives of mine had recently moved to Az from Minnesota not that long ago, and their son enrolled at ASU. They had only been in Arizona for a couple of months, yet he qualified for in state tuition. Why? Because he and his parents permanently moved to the state, and it was clear that he was now a permanent resident.

Whereas someone who just moves in to the state by himself is quite unlikely to get residency classification. It's a hard nut to crack. But the longer you're here the easier your case will be.
That does sound like a hard nut.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Well, I think they classify people as oos, if they have not yet attained residency. I think the legal period for residency is about three months, so if they've been here for that long before entering college, they could possibly be eligible for resident tuition. I'm not 100% on that, so I'm not sure how useful that might be to you. Schools have differing rules and definitions of residential status, so that might be a factor as well.

Also, ASU FTW. Let us know when they accept you, thug.
I know i will be accepted so, its not a problem. 3.8 gpa 26 act. :/ I will be fine.

Thanks, that actually cleared some stuff up.

Just make sure you guys still play brawl. :D

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
im having some people come over tonight for a smashfest. come over anytime. my cell number is 480-440-4199. major cross roads are mill and university. call if you have any questions. right now, we could use an extra tv so if you can bring one, that would be awesome :)

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Lol you guys and your discussion about KillaOR and Trevyn.

So those of you that don't know me I'm the guy that housed 6 peeps that went to NM's M.A.S.T. (Major Awesome Smash Tournament). I housed Tai, Forward, MaXXXpower, Vat-Zero, Demised, and Yamer.

I'll be in Phoenix on Thanksgiving weekend because my cousin is having his wedding on Saturday. I'll only have free time for friday evening (around 8 pm at night to 9 am saturday morning). Whaddya say we smash? Tai you have my number, it's (505) 400-9215.

I'll be at JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resorts and Spa
5350 E, Marriott Dr., Phoenix, AZ 85054.
If you guys are cool enough to host a fest that night give me the address ;)

P.S. If you didn't know I figured out everything. The realm, the stick game, chinese numbers, trip to the moon, the whole shebang. Goddam I'm AZ tooooooo gooooooood!!!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero

So those of you that don't know me I'm the guy that housed 6 peeps that went to NM's M.A.S.T. (Major Awesome Smash Tournament). I housed Tai, Forward, MaXXXpower, Vat-Zero, Demised, and Yamer.

I'll be in Phoenix on Thanksgiving weekend because my cousin is having his wedding on Saturday. I'll only have free time for friday evening (around 8 pm at night to 9 am saturday morning). Whaddya say we smash? Tai you have my number, it's (505) 400-9215.

P.S. If you didn't know I figured out everything. The realm, the stick game, chinese numbers, trip to the moon, the whole shebang. Goddam I'm AZ tooooooo gooooooood!!!
Dude, come to my house.

I'm having a mini-Smashfest that night with people that are going to the tourney with me the next day (me, rugoodat, and probably KosukeKGA)

rugoodat

Smash Journeyman

I live RIGHT down the street.

Walking distance from Desert Ridge

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
I live RIGHT down the street.

Walking distance from Desert Ridge
Do you think Neil could like, get a ride with you to my house?

P.S.

DAN:

Can you bring that tape that I left in your VCR?
This is all too perfect. I would love to have a ride if that's okay. Tai I got your pm for the address.

Expect me to play more melee than brawl. Tai knows what's up ;) Don't forget to bring your doubles partner.
How about some melee mm's? best of 5? $5? I'll take on anyone.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
This is all too perfect. I would love to have a ride if that's okay. Tai I got your pm for the address.

Expect me to play more melee than brawl. Tai knows what's up ;) Don't forget to bring your doubles partner.
How about some melee mm's? best of 5? $5? I'll take on anyone.
$5 here, lol

Top Bottom