• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Tucson.

HEY, TUCSON!

Let's play Smash tomorrow. Melee. You want to try the lounge again, maybe get a good television? Or just head to Gresh-Greel-whatever?

Listen UP Tucson, let's play some smash!
Where are you? I have a half day tomorrow so I might be able to go somewhere.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
hey shiva whats up...actually i was talking to jackie about it, and tomorrow me and him were gonna smash in the mornin between classes... but I'd be down for more in the afternoon after classes...we could use my dorm's lounge again if whoever comes wanted to or the student union either one, i started keeping a controller in my backpack, just in case :D

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I wouldn't be surprised if it were Halo 3.

These days, the average amount of people online on Xbox Live usually amounts to 300,000. And take into account those who play it without online.

Online is fantastic in Halo 3. It was meant to be competitive. Therefore...You have your evidence.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
All right. I have class from 9-12, then I am off for the day. Well, until 6 at least. So, whenever. Also, I advocate melee since...that's Saturday's tournament.

I will call you, likely we will end up in Gresham-Greeley again. I think I only have Jackie's number though.

Whatever, I'll call you.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
(Geez, nothing can please this guy...!) ._.;

...If that's the case, then I'll leave the rest of the thinking up to you.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I wouldn't be surprised if it were Halo 3.

These days, the average amount of people online on Xbox Live usually amounts to 300,000. And take into account those who play it without online.

Online is fantastic in Halo 3. It was meant to be competitive. Therefore...You have your evidence.
Your evidence is complete garbage.

Did you take into account that Halo is the most overhyped, overrated game ever? You can't run into any "gamer" (using quote marks to point out the connotation of wanna-be gamers) without them ****ting bricks about Halo.

How is Halo 3's online capability related to its competitive nature in the least bit? There were a bunch of exploits and advanced techniques THAT THE COMPETITIVE PLAYERS USED, and Bungee removed ALL of them. Most likely to appease the casual gamer.

The prosecution rests.

I win.

You're wrong.

Judge: I sentence you, Masahiro Sakurai, to twenty years in prison, followed by death.

p.s.

Tai's Tongue Twister: Did Trent tie with Tai or did Tai tie with Trent?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion

Did you take into account that Halo is the most overhyped, overrated game ever? You can't run into any "gamer" (using quote marks to point out the connotation of wanna-be gamers) without them ****ting bricks about Halo.

How is Halo 3's online capability related to its competitive nature in the least bit? There were a bunch of exploits and advanced techniques THAT THE COMPETITIVE PLAYERS USED, and Bungee removed ALL of them. Most likely to appease the casual gamer.

The prosecution rests.

I win.

You're wrong.
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2748922

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
that was pretty funny but bungie did do more than just take out BXR there was double shotting and quad shotting and BXB

halo 3 was made more for the casual player anybody could pick it up and get easy kills since a lot of weapons were made more balanced and easier to get kills with for example the needler and spawn camping isnt as bad either and of course they even made the assault rifle more stronger and longer range

but anyway try getting into more fighting games i hear castles and coasters is going to be getting sf4 and tekken 6 next month

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
that was pretty funny but bungie did do more than just take out BXR there was double shotting and quad shotting and BXB

halo 3 was made more for the casual player anybody could pick it up and get easy kills since a lot of weapons were made more balanced and easier to get kills with for example the needler and spawn camping isnt as bad either and of course they even made the assault rifle more stronger and longer range
Interesting. Still, Halo 3, in layman's terms, is still the more "competitive" game. :/

Not that I support it nor care for the game as of now...

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman

The prosecution rests.

I win.

You're wrong.

Judge: I sentence you, Masahiro Sakurai, to twenty years in prison, followed by death.

p.s.

Tai's Tongue Twister: Did Trent tie with Tai or did Tai tie with Trent?
Always the elitist, Tai.

Look, I don't want to buy admittance into this big circle-jerk of an argument. Suffice to say, KGA's "complete garbage" of evidence is actually A LOT more credible than what you stated in your reply. KGA offered an opinion supported by a (I'm sure rounded, but reliable) fact. And YOU Tai would hastily discard that statement because according to you Halo 3 is an the "most overhyped, overrated game ever."

Guess what? Halo being "overrated" is subjective. Your entire argument gets thrown out when you sport the "BECAUSE I SAID SO" attitude and throw out one-sided generalizations such as saying Halo is the most overrated game ever.

How is Halo 3's online capability related to its competitive nature in the least bit?
(sigh), What? He didn't illustrate that enough for you?

Halo 3 is played competitively, period. Combined with the MASS numbers that Xbox Live players accumulate for the game you have a potential candidate for MOST COMPETITIVE GAME, Tai-gerlily.

And yes, I'd sooner believe that "I can't believe it's not buttter" is butter than ACTUALLY believe that I'm arguing alongside, KGA.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I was betrayed by someone who I thought was my friend; turns out I was used for Melee purposes. I'm done with this place.

Hook me up with the banhammer, Dan.

Make the reason something cool, like AZ too good. Yeah, I'd like that.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Woa!

I'm busy with school for one week and people are talking about Halo 3 and banning themselves?! What has Az come to?!

Snap out of it, men!!!

PS: That in no way means you shouldn't play Halo. In fact, please do. And add me, too.

PPS: Joe, get on Live every once in a while, ****it!

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
halo sucksssssssssssssss

actually i don't really mean that. i'm just more of a single player shooter player, like Bioshock, Doom 3 or Crysis. Multiplayer FPS isn't my thing really.

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
Woa!

I'm busy with school for one week and people are talking about Halo 3 and banning themselves?! What has Az come to?!

Snap out of it, men!!!

PS: That in no way means you shouldn't play Halo. In fact, please do. And add me, too.

PPS: Joe, get on Live every once in a while, ****it!
Whats your GT, Dan?

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
Also (sry for this double post, Dan),

I'd like to announce that along with Steve (ABIDE), I will not be playing Brawl competitively anymore. I won't use the dreaded "r" word that I've always thought of and spoken of so negatively because I'm willing to admit there may be a time and place in the future when I may play for kicks. So then, I guess the phrase best suited is that I've resigned (?). Seems more appropriate.

TCB (the majority, not speaking on behalf of everyone) is moving on to greener pastures. I feel like its a bit more easier for us as a crew to pull this on the Smash community compared to STB who held more representation AND responsibility (imo). Steve and I actually prefer to play Melee now. But that doesn't mean thats what we're primarily going to play Melee. Like I said, we have other ventures in terms of gaming we are probably going to getting into, but I wanted to take time to settle some things:

-I've always admitted that Brawl wasn't as good Melee, competitively speaking. I would hope those of you (beyond my own crew) that respected me as a fellow smasher appreciated my efforts in trying to keep the community growing and having bright outlook on OUR community as a whole. THIS IS THE MAIN REASON I HEAVILY PROMOTED BRAWL. I wanted to expand our community for a stronger community. Thats it, thats all. Well, not to mention that I felt I was pretty good at Brawl (heh, heh).

-Sadly, I feel theres a lot of indifference that grows from our community like a bad fungus. I've concluded this is because a lot of Smashers are truly defensive people. Thats fine, being defensive, but that doesn't warrant that you need to be a prick. Our community is too small to have this kind of attitude towards each other. Next tournament, try sincerely shaking the hand of your oppenant in respect and with a smile, its totally worth it. (EXAMPLE: SEE "GOOP" and "G-MO"; DON'T SEE: "POKEY")

-The AZ smash scene would be SOOOO much better if people didn't try to faction off the valley (SoAZ and NorAZ, too). Whether it be casual play or competitive, our community in the valley (again) it WAY TOO SMALL to make ridiculous "serious" rivalries. I understand competition as a concept is good for a community but I think it can be carried out in ours with a bit more common courtesy and less douche-bagery (think about it). Also, we should be more courteous towards our communities outside the valley, whether it be Tucson or Flag.

Lastly, I ain't goin anywhere. This isn't a farewell. But someone suggested I do this because in their opinion it was important for me to officially announce that I wasn't going to play the game anymore competitively.

I will NEVER, EVER use that stupid "r" term.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I was right though, and you guys missed, like, 5 months of Melee because of it.
More like two weeks.

I was betrayed by someone who I thought was my friend; turns out I was used for Melee purposes. I'm done with this place..
Oh, wow, REALLY?

I betrayed you by leaving STB? Wow.

I thought you'd still be a Melee crew, but when you ditched out on the Melee tournament for a Halo LAN, I realized that I was wrong. I resigned from STB since I felt I didn't belong with you guys, since you'd all moved on to Halo. Although you didn't do me wrong, I felt a little betrayed after you prioritized a Halo LAN over the tournament I had asked you to go to, and you TOLD me you'd go to.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Always the elitist, Tai.

Look, I don't want to buy admittance into this big circle-jerk of an argument. Suffice to say, KGA's "complete garbage" of evidence is actually A LOT more credible than what you stated in your reply. KGA offered an opinion supported by a (I'm sure rounded, but reliable) fact. And YOU Tai would hastily discard that statement because according to you Halo 3 is an the "most overhyped, overrated game ever."

Guess what? Halo being "overrated" is subjective. Your entire argument gets thrown out when you sport the "BECAUSE I SAID SO" attitude and throw out one-sided generalizations such as saying Halo is the most overrated game ever.

(sigh), What? He didn't illustrate that enough for you?

Halo 3 is played competitively, period. Combined with the MASS numbers that Xbox Live players accumulate for the game you have a potential candidate for MOST COMPETITIVE GAME, Tai-gerlily.

And yes, I'd sooner believe that "I can't believe it's not buttter" is butter than ACTUALLY believe that I'm arguing alongside, KGA.
Just noting, the "I'm right" part at the end of my post was joking.

However, I do believe that Kosuke's argument is incorrect when he says "Halo was MEANT to be played competitively"

Top Bottom