• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

lockdown7

Smash Cadet
I am going to have some people over to play brawl tomorrow at my house in gilbert. If anyone else would like to come, just hit me up for directions.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow... that's pretty broken, K.

Obviously the stalling part of it will not be allowed, but just as a tactical move? That's ridiculous. MK can essentially make himself invincible whenever he wants, for how long he wants.

Dumb.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Yes. Dumb, indeed.

Though, some say they'll try to enforce a rule of whether it will be stalling or just for spacing methods... It actually is pretty hard to do over 10 seconds. It puts strain on your hands.

They say it won't be banned at FAST1. IMO, a technique should only be banned once it has been proven to be broken in a tourney setting.

sLicK.tdf

Smash Apprentice
it depends on the usage, i agree if someone uses it to stall a match. but in terms of using it to escape a bad position or spacing, i dont see a reason to ban it.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Good call.

Brawl is already totally unbalanced as is...
---
Peter, I agree with your standing point but some may actually start abusing that factor if so. <_<;

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I really want to give this a chance, so we'll see what the possibilities of this tactic are. If they aren't too broken, I don't see why it should be banned.

But right now, I can foresee this thing breaking some ****.

sLicK.tdf

Smash Apprentice
well as with all stall tactics, its up to the judge/tournament runner. floating under a stage to get away from a bad situation seems no different in my eyes then using this to escape. people abusing this to stall, thats why we have judges and people watching matches for

In2D

Smash Apprentice
Well floating under the stage seems a bit different to me, since you can still get hit while under there is someone wanted to chase you.

But with this, you can get away from your opponent without getting hit, or even having the chance to get hit.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
well as with all stall tactics, its up to the judge/tournament runner. floating under a stage to get away from a bad situation seems no different in my eyes then using this to escape. people abusing this to stall, thats why we have judges and people watching matches for
You make a good point. But there are some things that mitigate the action of going under the stage. You can still be hit if you are under the stage, however, I'm not sure that is the case with the infinite cape thingy for mk.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't be so quick to ban. Give it a real and honest play testing.

But obviously the stalling portion of it shouldn't be allowed. Just as with any stalling technique.

sLicK.tdf

Smash Apprentice
yeah, like i said before, this is why we have judges. to determine if someone is abusing it in a manner that can disrupt the game flow.

lockdown7

Smash Cadet
I was able to do it for 30 seconds. That **** is just silly. Slick just wants it in because he uses metaknight. Don't be swayed by him.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
You new guys are all noobs. This isn't gonna be banned, its a strategy. It looks like stalling to me, but isn't broken . I bet a tag can fix it, right? like sheiks recovery. what ever it is, it can't win a game as effectively as actually being skilled. Its cheap, but skill beats cheap. man-up cry babies. Wa wa wa ;( please don't complain when someone finds wave dashing and L- canceling in brawl. brawl has never been balanced or fair. brawl is weird, get used to it.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
should it be banned? Who knows. Can it be stopped? maybe. Is it skill? Hell no. Is Brawl weird? yes. Is it gonna change? no.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
How canwe police this for stalling though? We can't limit it by number of moves. Do we have to stand by the MKs tv and have a stopwatch?

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps we should put an electric current running through the controller and if the player exceeds 30 seconds of stalling the shock will put him in cardioid arrest, thus making them not physically eligible in completing the tournament. Problem solved...

lockdown7

Smash Cadet
Perhaps we should put an electric current running through the controller and if the player exceeds 30 seconds of stalling the shock will put him in cardioid arrest, thus making them not physically eligible in completing the tournament. Problem solved...
I am all for that.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Kosuke, I just found extra seating for you for NM. Call Tai about it. 504.388.3204. We leave at 4 am.
Are you sure?

Tai won't pick up his phone.

EDIT: He also said in our AIM conversation that Yamer was actually going... If anything, I'd like to know why. Thanks.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm going to be in Phoenix next week from the 21st - 25th. Anyone want to host an out-of-towner for a smashfest? I'm not sure exactly when I'll be free, but I can post here or in PM's or something to let you all know.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hey AZ smashers who came to NM. It was nice meeting you all. I hope to go down there for a weekend of smashing and hanging out (looking at you Demised aka Timmy aka 2cute aka the twins secret lover!).

Hey vat0. Put the vid of Forward cuddling on youtube already!!! (Spoiler alert for everyone who doesn't know). Take care =D

Top Bottom