• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

In2D

Smash Apprentice
I dont know, Id suggest calling them and seeing whats up, I guess they arent hosting it, rather some people are using it as a venue.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
I called and apparently the tourneys are on Sunday with a $2 entry fee. 1st place gets 33% of the entry fee and I'm assuming the store keeps the rest. The rules are not predetermined but you go there on tourney day and tell them the rules that you want I asked him what they usually are though and he said they are usually 1v1 stock matches. Also the tourneys happen randomly so you'll have to call them on Sunday to see if it's actually happening. The tourney starts at 1:30.

In2D

Smash Apprentice
So I heard Jy won the Catalina side Play and trade tourney.

Showdown in tucson for the tv!

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
No he didn't win. His ******* started sandbagging for no reason and he used Jigglypuff. Way to go Danny <_<.

Some random meta Knight kid from Michigan won. Did you win 2D? Or did Zenith?.

Statistics

Smash Cadet
So who won the AC tournament? I hope I'm surprised.

On that note, North and I were not aware of the tournament and went to Vat-0's place, but he told us to try going anyway. We did, but accidentally went the wrong direction after getting off of the 10, since we were going off of my memory of a google map.

It also seems that the AZ player finder thread has been deleted, can we bring that back by any chance? I was looking for it when I thought "hey, pretty much the whole gang goes to everything no matter where it is, and some of you have even considered going to tucson to play Forward and them."

(Yo forward. You said at 1-2-step that you play 3rd Strike. I want to stun you with Makoto)

That thought got me thinking. How often does everyone practice and against whom? I practice against North every couple of days, as well as against the computer every day for execution timing (and that's it).

I would be heavily interested in some kind of neutral meeting point for practices when a Saturday comes without a tournament, or the unlikely occasion of a WEEKDAY practice. I'd nominate my place, but it can only hold about 10 people and it's not exactly a geographically neutral place from what I remember of the player finder.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Tai, since you changed your Fox to Orange, I will be using Green Fox.

I use the color green for all characters now.

I still main Green Marth, though.

In2D

Smash Apprentice
And 2D is the proud new owner of a 26" LCD TV, thank you Playntrade!

And how in the world did jy lose to that kid? I 3-0'd him and his scrubby metaknight

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Yo, I have this next week from Wednesday til Sunday free and I really wanna play some Melee again. I can pretty much drive wherever, but Tempe/Mesa is kind of as far as I like to go cause I live far from everyone. I'm not sure what people's schedules are like but I wouldn't mind playing some of the people I don't know like KGA, Tai (I think I played you once maybe), Corey, but would like to play some old faces too xD. Maybe I can bring a Melee setup over to the STB house since thats closest for me. But yea, PM me or whatever cause I would love to play AZ again, its been far too long. I can bring a full setup if someone wants to hold a smashfest.

In2D

Smash Apprentice
There is one in Tucson next weekend and then another one in phoenix the weekend after.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Actually guys Sean might not host it. Sean is going to be out of town the days before the Tri-weekly. However me and my bro were thinking I might be able to run it by myself and maybe with someone else.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I thought that he was going to go to the NM tourney. When are you going to know if it's happening for sure?

Duff0

Smash Ace

In2D

Smash Apprentice
Well if you need help with anything let me know, I can try and help you out with anything you need.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Well CutMet I know he is going to the NM tourney. We haven't really decided on if we do want to run it or not. We probably will just because I think Tucson needs to get some practice.

Yeah 2D I'll let you know. You can IM me on AIm if you want. Spence354 is the AIM.

Top Bottom