• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow...melee. I haven't done that in a while. Well, if you're willing to bear with me while I knock the rust from 3 months of brawl off then yeah, I'm down. As far as I know Jet4, Azenith, GG7 and myself are the only active people around Tucson that played melee.

My number is 520-730-9045, name's Reid.
I'm in Tucson and I play melee. I want to play a bit more brawl but I'm always busy whenever anything happens.

ValorInVendetta

Smash Rookie
I'm in Tucson and I play melee. I want to play a bit more brawl but I'm always busy whenever anything happens.
Sorry about that, the only time anyone says anything about melee on this board it's to bash brawl and get into a flame war >.>

As far as brawl goes, we were talking about getting something together later today, also at my house. I live up near mt. lemmon at Snyder and Bear Canyon if you would like to join us.

edit: typos...

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
mr. j. come to tucson so i can pwn your face in melee and brawl if you want that too. mario kart is also an option, the pwning of the face can happen in that game too. sunday is ok with me.

EDIT: phx please hold your melee tournament so i can pwn your faces too.

Duff0

Smash Ace
Trent and I have finally agrred that we MUST hold a tournament... must.
Yammer is on the 31st, I'll be out june 5-8th, AZonetwo step will be 14-15th... so how does this sound.

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS: MELEE TOURNAMENT!!!

Who? Ch405 and Corey
What? SSBM double elim. 5$ tourny
Where? Our appt. in Tempe
When? Sat June 21st XX:00AM
Why? Brawl sucks
How? Viewers like you.

Interested?
Right there CHUK :)

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm sorry to here that, let me cheer you up!

Here's a joke:

So an Irish guy walks out of a bar... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Racist jokes are funny, but it's hard for me because I have black people in my family tree. They're still hanging there today! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOL

That's all I've got. Don't hate me. I'll be here all the time, except when I'm not. GOOD NIGHT

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
mr. j. come to tucson so i can pwn your face in melee and brawl if you want that too. mario kart is also an option, the pwning of the face can happen in that game too. sunday is ok with me.

EDIT: phx please hold your melee tournament so i can pwn your faces too.
Hey been busy this weekend and im leaving for Kansas on Wed. so Tues. would be the only day i could play.

CHUK

Smash Ace
I like how melee was mentioned and the thread died.... don't u know u should listen to My Chemical Romance and Panic! at the Disco cuz it's new and hip, Pink Floyd and The Beatles had their run, it was good to listen to, but u should change cuz u .....should....?

don't live in the past >.>

In2D

Smash Apprentice
Hey Phillipe, jackie and I are looking for some brawl doubles practice this week if you're down for it. He works in the afternoon so it would be around noon or so if you're free/interested in tomorrow or something.

CHUK

Smash Ace
The Beatles are just NSync, but old.

I don't think I'm going to play Brawl except in teams. Teams in Brawl is fun.
I kind of see what you mean, but they kind of created the song writing formula, or atleast seemed to have perfected it up until Beach Boys' Pet Sounds, but they countered it with Sgt Peppers.

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
Music and competitive games are in no way shape or form comparable. Well, maybe in terms of longevity...

Melee is still a great game but right now people play Brawl. Simple as that. Whether or not Melee will still be played ten, twenty, thirty years from now has nothing to do with Brawl but with Melee's longevity.

P.S.

Dan your comparison of The Beatles to N'Snc is pretty off (really, really, really off). Again only using longevity as a measure, The Beatles recorded 'I want to hold your hand', 'Yesterday', 'Hey Jude, and 'Strawberry Fields Forever' nearly 40 - 45 years ago and people still have them on their iPod playlists today (go 'Revolver').

I'm no future guru but call it a hunch when I declare that its unlikely people will treat N'Sync's 'Bye, Bye, Bye' or 'Tearin' up my heart' that same way.

CHUK

Smash Ace
hahaha, I think dan was talking about how they got girls and are in the category pop, otherwise they have no strong comparisons.
dan I have your name lowercased because you compared n'sync (also lowercased) to The Beatles.

Bloody yankee >.>

EDIT: Yesterday is a beautiful song, Jake's taste in music is too good.

In2D

Smash Apprentice
Hey noob, you going to go to the tourney this weekend? We need to get some practice in, you busy this week?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Did someone edit my post count? rofl

Anyway, mac, don't stress out about that PM you sent me. It's nothing too bad and there's nothing to it!
<_< Just sign up, pay the money, and go.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Since someone asked:

Melee tournament:

Singles:
$5 entry fee

Doubles:
$10 entry fee (per team)

Double Elimination
Best 2/3 for all regular matches
Best 3/5 for finals
4 stock - 8 min. time limit
No items
Regular stages (don't make me list them >_>)

When the players sit down, they agree to strike one stage each from the initial random select. Then, they pick their characters simultaneously (no cheating... not like you won't though). Then random select.

You may not choose a stage that has already been played on once that match.

Loser choses next stage. Winner then choses character. Loser then picks character. Then you go to the previously chosen stage. Repeat until done.

Winnings will be decided after all of sign-ups are done.

Sign-ups for doubles will begin at 11:00 am
Sign-ups for singles will begin 4:00 pm

Bring your own controller!!! We have a couple, be we don't like to share.
We may have soda, and will probably share that, but that may not necessarily happen. So make sure to fuel up before we start (in other words, eat some **** or bring some ****). If you don't show up to your match within 5 minutes, you will forfeit the match. You suck for not paying attention or leaving.

What we need:
3 TVs
2 GC
2 copies of Melee

(We are going to set up 4 TVs, 2 in the kitchen, 1 in the living room, 1 in my bedroom. We have 2 gamecubes and smashes and 1 TV. Do the math if you need to)

If you kick someone, you are banned from the tournament and will receive at least one kick on the way out. You can wear your shoes if you want, just don't track dirt through the house. Be loud, offensive, or whatever, just don't get physical. AZ too good, leave that **** to scrubs and SoCal. Our apartment is fairly sized, but not as big as Goops, so... I hope we don't get around 40 people like he did.

Other ****:
Corey - (480) 255 - 9538
1311 W. Baseline Rd.
Tempe, AZ 85283
Appt. # 1035

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=...369101,-111.954632&spn=0.104511,0.160675&z=13

And... there may be some... FALCON CHALLENGE!

In2D

Smash Apprentice
Oh would you look what jy and ryan have started. We should turn this into Johns.

No Jyans when you lose?

Top Bottom