• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I like subtle humor. Anyway...

I can't wait for that Meree tourney! ...Oh yes, I've picked up new characters in lawlbrawl now.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I like to play a game that takes no strategy and skill at all! I mean, I could be as good as M2K in like 2 weeks!!! JUST PLAY META KNIGHT OR SNAKE AND START CAMPING AND SPAMMING!

I mean, come on, we have: broken chaingrabbing, shield camping, and no advanced techniques!

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=171674

All of you should read this thread.

I don't know why AZ has turned into the community it is now. JUST PUT A MELEE DISC INTO A **** GAMECUBE AND WATCH THE MAGIC FLY! YOU'LL BE THINKING, ****, WHY AM I PLAYING BRAWL?!

...Oh, that's why.

Do not take offense to this. This is the **** blunt truth of it all.

Don't bash Melee is what I'm trying to say. I am not degrading Brawl's game in any way. It's still the way it is. I've accepted Brawl now too since, apparently, everyone loves playing it, but don't bash Melee, please.

Please. =[

Tai my shoe

Smash Rookie
well,you know some very,very mature one year olds.
LOL WOW. Way to call yourself mature after being an ignorant ******* and saying the only people who Melee is alive to are people sixteen and under or people that enjoy their company. Hey, um, how does actually defending your side and explaining to CHUK why you're not immature rather than saying, "Then you must know some pretty mature one-year olds"? That's pretty much the equivalent of saying "I know you are, but what am I?"

Also, you know, G-Mo proposed an idea to create a new, small Melee community in AZ. Are you saying that just because he wants to play a game that he LIKES MORE, that it's because he likes hanging out with people sixteen and under?

EDIT:
p.s. In b4 "Get out of here, Tai", "Wack attack", "___ will **** you", "Shut up", and "None of the stuff you say makes sense" and the like instead of trying to take down my argument or defend Pokey's.

ABIDE

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I like to play a game that takes no strategy and skill at all! I mean, I could be as good as M2K in like 2 weeks!!! JUST PLAY META KNIGHT OR SNAKE AND START CAMPING AND SPAMMING!

I mean, come on, we have: broken chaingrabbing, shield camping, and no advanced techniques!

I don't know why AZ has turned into the community it is now. JUST PUT A MELEE DISC INTO A **** GAMECUBE AND WATCH THE MAGIC FLY! YOU'LL BE THINKING, ****, WHY AM I PLAYING BRAWL?!

...Oh, that's why.

Don't bash Melee is what I'm trying to say. I am not degrading Brawl's game in any way. It's still the way it is. I've accepted Brawl now too since, apparently, everyone loves playing it, but don't bash Melee, please.

Please. =[

Who bashed melee? I think melee was a great game and I had a lot of fun playing it. Now the majority of people play brawl. It has even brought new players to the community as well and I still have as much fun playing the game as I did melee.

I don't think Pokey and Vat-Zero were trying to bash melee at all. They just pointed out that the majority play brawl now.

I thought they permanently banned you tugs?

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman

...Oh, that's why.

Please. =[

Just give it up, Kos.

I think the majority of Brawl players have moved on and just have Melee as an after-thought while Melee devotees sulk in self-loathing. I don't see any Brawl players leading small semi-organized, random, ignorant attacks on Melee in the hopes of changing the minds of the devoted few Melee peeps who prefer the game and play it. No, its the minority of faithful Melee players who constantly whine, moan, and ***** about Brawl. You say you were not degrading Brawl when clearly in the first two sentences of your post you did just that.

Stop whining and enjoy the tournament that is coming for Melee. Enjoy it, rather than be at the tournament thinking (hating),"I can't believe those asshats who aren't here playing this game which is clearly better and my god is just the ****." Anger leads to suffering buddy, as the wise Yoda said. Your may also develop a false sense of superiority. You don't want to do have that. Case in point...Tai.

So get over it. The AZ boards can co-exist with the few Melee faithfuls if the Melee monks learn to respect other people's interests in this game. I like Brawl, love it, actually. I wake almost everyone morning and say, "God, fvck me Shirley, I love Brawl!" Yes, I call Brawl Shirley sometimes. It helps me express my love. I digress...

Bottom line is, I don't wan't to argue or be bitter. Your life is waaay to fvckin' short. That is, unless your name is Tai.

If you don't like it, fine. Don' play it. And please don't john about how gay it is because you can't beat me or some other player(s). You sound like an indifferent *****, and your not a *****, unless your name is Tai.

THNK U

Hey look its the phantom menace .

South_Paw

Smash Ace
tai, i can honestly say ive always been nice to you, and try to understand your position... but srsly

yes, there is lots of flaming, you've been flamed, you've flamed... the more you do it, the more it happens either way... its a waste of... everything... your time, readers time, and smashboards' space.

i also prefer melee, and if you want, you can still come by my place sometime and play, im not what i used to be, but i still enjoy the game.

but really, people don't like seeing this stuff if they're really interested in what its really about... i stopped coming to the boards until i found out we got a ACTIVE moderator again...but still, he cant make you post intelligently and maturely...

...maybe there could be seperate threads for the melee and brawl communities within az? idk, it may just take up more space, but ill talk to AltF4 about it...

dont bash melee, dont bash brawl... this is SMASHboards... not meleeboards or brawlboards...

fark

Smash Apprentice
Just give it up, Kos.

I think the majority of Brawl players have moved on and just have Melee as an after-thought while Melee devotees sulk in self-loathing. I don't see any Brawl players leading small semi-organized, random, ignorant attacks on Melee in the hopes of changing the minds of the devoted few Melee peeps who prefer the game and play it. No, its the minority of faithful Melee players who constantly whine, moan, and ***** about Brawl. You say you were not degrading Brawl when clearly in the first two sentences of your post you did just that.

Stop whining and enjoy the tournament that is coming for Melee. Enjoy it, rather than be at the tournament thinking (hating),"I can't believe those asshats who aren't here playing this game which is clearly better and my god is just the ****." Anger leads to suffering buddy, as the wise Yoda said. Your may also develop a false sense of superiority. You don't want to do have that. Case in point...Tai.

So get over it. The AZ boards can co-exist with the few Melee faithfuls if the Melee monks learn to respect other people's interests in this game. I like Brawl, love it, actually. I wake almost everyone morning and say, "God, fvck me Shirley, I love Brawl!" Yes, I call Brawl Shirley sometimes. It helps me express my love. I digress...

Bottom line is, I don't wan't to argue or be bitter. Your life is waaay to fvckin' short. That is, unless your name is Tai.

If you don't like it, fine. Don' play it. And please don't john about how gay it is because you can't beat me or some other player(s). You sound like an indifferent *****, and your not a *****, unless your name is Tai.

THNK U

haha nail in the coffin

and the ending is the best part

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
...maybe there could be seperate threads for the melee and brawl communities within az? idk, it may just take up more space, but ill talk to AltF4 about it...

dont bash melee, dont bash brawl... this is SMASHboards... not meleeboards or brawlboards...
Not a bad idea, SP.

I'm for it.

Tai my shoe

Smash Rookie
tai, i can honestly say ive always been nice to you, and try to understand your position... but srsly

yes, there is lots of flaming, you've been flamed, you've flamed... the more you do it, the more it happens either way... its a waste of... everything... your time, readers time, and smashboards' space.

i also prefer melee, and if you want, you can still come by my place sometime and play, im not what i used to be, but i still enjoy the game.

but really, people don't like seeing this stuff if they're really interested in what its really about... i stopped coming to the boards until i found out we got a ACTIVE moderator again...but still, he cant make you post intelligently and maturely...

Hm, how can I contact you if I want to come over and play? You got your phone disconnected, right?

Bottom line is, I don't wan't to argue or be bitter. Your life is waaay to fvckin' short. That is, unless your name is Tai..

My life is longer? Or are you trying to say you want to argue and be bitter towards me?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I'll remain quiet from now on about this situation (and I mean it this time). Thank you for your words, Jake.

Let's stop this pointless banter. I apologize too.

Continue on, Arizona.

fark

Smash Apprentice
I'll remain quiet from now on about this situation (and I mean it this time). Thank you for your words, Jake.

Let's stop this pointless banter. I apologize too.

Continue on, Arizona.

i,personally,find it pointless to respond you and tai
which is why i dont
but i would like to disprove you theory of snake camping for the win with this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr_U0SXkqc8
and yes lets get over everything and move one once and for all

Duff0

Smash Ace
I like the idea of seperate threads for each game.

Happy to say, I would be active in both threads.

Like others have said before, I love Melee, about 9.43 times more then Brawl. But the only reason I play Brawl is because the touney scene for that game is active. Also, I like to meet new people and it would be hard to meet many people only playing Melee.

I guess I've just learned to love both games, even though my love for Brawl is false.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Well, for one thing, DSF got extremely unlucky against Futile by that Klap Trap KO in the beginning. If he hadn't, he would've won. Also, Wario and Snake are some of the campy-esque characters of Brawl.

Moving on...

Jungle Japes is also a counterpick stage against Snake since most of his KOs are vertical. And that stage is known to have an extremely high ceiling. The stage is unorthodox for Snake to play on since he must keep jumping around, especially with a Wario, to keep up. He cannot control the stage very much. This would be no problem though if it were a stage like Final Destination or Battlefield.

Duff0

Smash Ace
ChaosTheory, you should change the thread title to Arizona Brawl or something like CHUK did with Arizona Melee.

Northbound

Smash Rookie
Just give it up, Kos.

THNK U

Well said Ka.

Corigames

Smash Hero
lololool

You guys want to see something awesome?

Here you go.

I hate what AZ has turned into. I hope after our tournament, things will start to change again... for the better.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have said before to not post your grievances in the Az thread. You now have a new infraction to add to your collection, thank you.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Which is ironic, because it says: "Disrespect for Forum leaders," which entails that you show some form of leadership. Thank you.

In2D

Smash Apprentice
Seems like a missed a heated discussion in the day that my internet decided to go down for.

On a side note, anyone around tucson this week for some doubles practice before saturday?

In2D

Smash Apprentice
Well sure, if you want to drive down here to play >.>. I guess everything is around everywhere if you think about it.

Top Bottom