• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

In2D

Smash Apprentice
We dont have wifi set up here, and he doesnt even have a wii =o. But you should come here to tucson and play with us!

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Well then, what I mean is, Oscar plays more aggressively than you. That's the only explanation to why you beat him more unless he just sucks.

Play defensive in Brawl.

phxdragon54

Smash Apprentice
are there regular tournaments that occur in phoenix? i just got into the smash community and want to play at more tournaments.

In2D

Smash Apprentice
They do smash fests up there fairly often, every saturday I believe. Also, check out AZonetwo step, thats the next big tourney coming up in june. There is a link to it on the main page of SWF

Duff0

Smash Ace
There are smashfests every Saturday, check out maxxxpowers topic STB - Sucka Free Saturdays, and get the address there

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
EDIT: Wow, this was the totally wrong room, lol!

But yea... ASU smash will probably be dead for the summer. New stuff will be coming soon though.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Is AZonetwo step on 5th, 6th or 7th?

My mom is getting married. And no, not to any of you. I know that. So don't even... what am I saying. Go ahead.

:(

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
can anyone fill me in on Mario Kart techniques? i know there's all sorts of boost tricks, and i dunno if snaking still exists, but can i get a breakdown of how to play this ****ing game?

edit/ i bet my girlfriend can beat any of you guys on MK.

fark

Smash Apprentice
:mad:
She's marrying my AZ pure bread balls, nicca. :)
bwahahahaha

Well then, what I mean is, Oscar plays more aggressively than you. That's the only explanation to why you beat him more unless he just sucks.

Play defensive in Brawl.

i find tim to be an aggressive player
more than defensive
i personaly think you should stop telling people how to play and let them play their own style
camping is for ******* i always say
plus its a boring stlye to play and play against

Corigames

Smash Hero
can anyone fill me in on Mario Kart techniques? i know there's all sorts of boost tricks, and i dunno if snaking still exists, but can i get a breakdown of how to play this ****ing game?

edit/ i bet my girlfriend can beat any of you guys on MK.
They took all of the ATs out of MK Wii. I guess they though that allowing the player to power slide on their own was wayyy too much freedom. Now I can't do two or three boosts per turn to get ahead. I'm stuck doing exactly what everyone else is doing and noticing the huge downsides of actually not being way ahead in a MK race. It's gay.

Then, on top of that, anytime you get hit by something, you drop all of your items. If you have a mushroom and you are hit by a red shell, you are going to drop them all. And you most likely can't even pick them back up again without having to go in reverse first.

Also, if you touch a wall, go grind to a halt. If you are going 150 miles per hour and hit one of MK Wii's walls, you drop to NO SPEED. It doesn't have to be head-on, I mean grazing the edge of a wall with the side of your kart. It's BS. This makes levels like Delfino Square extremely hard when you aren't in a time trial alone.

The game sucks. If you want to get good at Mario Kart, I'll play you in MK64 or MKDS. Don't play Mario Kart Wii.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
o_O;

What you say is true, Corey. What I especially don't like is that, since there are so many racers, there are so many randoms items being tossed at you. Lightning bolts and blue shells. Gawd. They also took out 2P Grand Prix. <_<

GG7, I will give you a protip. Use the bikes.

Corigames

Smash Hero
That's another thing, NO 2P GP. WTF NINTENDO?!?!

And the rubber band AI is still ridiculous. If you think to any other Mario Kart game, you will remember out of the 8 or so racers, 2 comp. players would be really good and the others... not so much. In this one, there are 12 racers with one or two better than the others. This leaves 9 people in one clump behind you. If you get hit, you fall back into that clump of stars, shells, super mushrooms, and what the **** else. It sucks.

Yeah, the game bites. Go play Okami Wii instead. You'll enjoy it more.

CHUK

Smash Ace
u guys should like it cuz it is new zomg, screw President Paul von Hindenburg, Hitler is next gen!!!1

Duff0

Smash Ace
Well, my dad doesn't want to drive me too the weeklies and there isn't much else besides that so I'm kinda mad.

Top Bottom