• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Cort Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

rexpro02

Smash Cadet
hi i just wanna know how to do the "peach pillar?" and what are it uses...
any video showing it is also appreciated...

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
*cue Cort getting angry over that term*
It's basically really fast FC Nairs and jabs and Nairs and jabs and stuff. It's good for... practicing making your Nairs to jabs or grabs faster??

daz you don't play peach silly

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
hey cort, any uncommon knowledge about the umbrella? as in why most of the time if someone edge hogs you die but once in a while it lets you steal the ledge from your oppponent.

also tips on recovering after you've been hit with marth's d-tilt. i swear i get hit once and theres like no room to sweet spot or anything just death.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Legally Blonde changed my life. Seriously. I'm studying for my LSAT.

And I wear the pink dress.

Someone get on my combo video.

Queen

Smash Apprentice
I'm not gay, though.
Oh we'll find out...wait...what?

As to Legally Blonde, I love that movie. It's too camp not to love. "Sorry for what? For never calling me back or for giving me the greatest pleasure I've ever known and then just taking it away?" "Um...both...?" "Well it's too late, I've already spent too many hours crying over you."

Queen

Smash Apprentice
Peach and Marth...? I guess there's just something about a tiara...and you can take that any way you want.

Skler

Smash Master
Man this thread is awesome. I'm just posting here because there's no post on it from today, but I need to ask a question for this post to make sense.

Is Peach's downsmash good?

Cort

Apple Head
how do i beat peach with fox???
Don't nair jab Peach at low %s. Don't ever jab Peach.

Laser her to no end, always approach with drill shine usmash. Don't bother multishining, just drillshine, usmash. Free 25-30% every time. If she actually approaches you with usually fair and is above 80-85%, just sit there and usmash her because it'll always atleast trade hits >_>

Uthrow uair Peach, most Peaches aren't smart enough to smash DI. Do this over and over if she lets you shield grab her.

Edgegaurd with bairs, always wait for Peach to air dodge or make her pathetically 'tricksy' recovery somewhat useful by going back, just wait. Waiting is key vs Peach because she's ridiculously limited in what she can do and her range is pathetic.

=)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
do a lot of running away and bairs and full jump 3 lasers from afar because it's easy to not mess up

nair -> up tilt twice -> full jump bair is a good 0-50 combo (then follow with like running up smash or a full jump nair for more damage) which works if peach doesnt CC

at high % dont worry about her even CCing, even if she can CC at certain %s no peach tries to CC when they are at mid/high % anyway, so just dont spam nairs at low %

the only way around fox bair is doing up smash or hitting fox with like dash attack or something when fox is in landing lag, but fox can just DI that away (and tech roll away if he needs to) and peach cant really follow up. Fox ***** peach if fox is playing well, but that goes for pretty much fox vs everyone, he just ***** if he's playing well cuz of the broken way he's designed.

Top Bottom