• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Cort Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
You were like...I really hate it when people base match ups on one or two sets (which I kind of just did), so I jokingly made it seem like I thought you were talking to me.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
young link counters marth on rainbow cruise, i should know, i've beaten KDJ's marth there in pools at VLS

you mean this kind of matchup assumption, cort?

Cort

Apple Head
You were like...I really hate it when people base match ups on one or two sets (which I kind of just did), so I jokingly made it seem like I thought you were talking to me.
ohhhhh
But.. he wasn't talking to you... >_< wait... what
yep
young link counters marth on rainbow cruise, i should know, i've beaten KDJ's marth there in pools at VLS

you mean this kind of matchup assumption, cort?
I don't know anymore

Snakeee

Smash Master
MM for a dollar so we can find out the truth.....and play me in Brawl too Peach vs. Toon Link and see how bad he is against her now lol

Takumaru

Smash Lord
@ Jash: where'd your old sig go? It was so cool!

@ cort: What are some ways for peach to approach marth and fox? Should I even approach them or let them come to me (turnip spam!)?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
It's matchup knowledge Jash; you have regular access to good/decent Peaches...there are virtually 0 young links out there, so you have lots of practice against Peaches, while its hard to find a good young link. Add in the fact that its a super annoying match anyway, and of course you're going to be beating Peaches who don't have any experience in the match up. Just because one player is skilled at a match up doesn't make it a counter.

Jash

Smash Lord
It's matchup knowledge Jash; you have regular access to good/decent Peaches...there are virtually 0 young links out there, so you have lots of practice against Peaches, while its hard to find a good young link. Add in the fact that its a super annoying match anyway, and of course you're going to be beating Peaches who don't have any experience in the match up. Just because one player is skilled at a match up doesn't make it a counter.
IMO this is a john post. This game has been out for 7 years, and you mean to tell me that after ALL that time.....you don't know how to fight 1 character? Just say Young Links the best or something GOSH! lolz.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
w/e you guys are morons Jash knows how to play YL and he owned all your ***** with him (and I aint gonna john it didnt look like I'd do any better) so just man up and say you suck then beat him back next time.

You probably heard me johning up a storm after I lost out in brackets cause of campy foxes at Pound3. Well i'll say it right now I suck wtf 25th place I couldve done better I just need to friggin L2P better

Samochan

Smash Master
Do I hear some johns? :p

Character matchup knowledge comes with experience and experience is what makes a player better, so if you lack experience to beat a certain character, your loss. So no johns. I can tell that ylink is pain to fight in general (I have to deal with 3 ylinks here with kirby on low tier tourneys, how annoying is that then?) but just use your head and don't rush into projectiles, peach has her own that soar longer anyway. Once ylink doesn't have a bomb you can approach a lot more safely. Also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qadP9CHfiTQ

For those who wanna see one awesome combo you can do to ylink. :p

trademark0013

Smash Champion
yea.. thats kind of a john. because what if someone pops up out of no where and begins to own foxes with yoshi? they cant jus go "o well there are no fumis nemore so i didint kno what to do"

Hax

Smash Champion
no johns everyone jash is a beast, he ***** like everyone in new york except me of course

Samochan

Smash Master
Gah, help vs Marth dtilt when he's spaced. x_x Everything I do only works for a few times and I always get shieldpoked on the second hit or so. I can only roll back, roll behind marth or sidestep if I have some timing but yea.. dtilt spam is so annoying and if I try to fc from shield, that's like asking to get fsmashed if he's not right up on my face. >_> And crouch cancel counter needs some serious luck and timing too, I don't find it very reliable...

God I hate marf. x_x

Top Bottom