• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official APEX 2013 Melee Video Thread

strawhats

Smash Master
Don't forget me vs Tope lol.

@Stab: I haven't seen any of your vids uploaded on any other channel. I think you might have to upload them lol

:phone:
my bad jeff...didn't realize you and tope played on that stream (I probably got up to watch the top 8 stream in the next room)

AXE 09

Smash Master
Yeah like seriously he needs to upload those vids lol. At least have somebody else who's willing to do it for him. There were some insanely good matches on that stream

Composeur

Smash Ace
Yeah, this kind of BS is really spirit-crushing to those of us who are fans of the game and have waited months to see hype matches that could ONLY happen at a tournament this size but are instead treated to the increasingly sinking feeling that we'll never get to see so much as a bracket, much less most of the matches in it. Props to Alex Strife for pulling off a tournament like this, but having too little regard for the larger smash community who can't travel across the country to attend one tournament to plan for sharing most of the tournament is ultimately destructive. I love this game but if the majority of the hype stuff that happens with it is going to be forever out of my grasp then that love will die.

AXE, you are amazing for organizing this thread and being more diligent than so many others in updating it and keeping the majority of the community in the loop! <3

strawhats

Smash Master

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Yeah, this kind of BS is really spirit-crushing to those of us who are fans of the game and have waited months to see hype matches that could ONLY happen at a tournament this size but are instead treated to the increasingly sinking feeling that we'll never get to see so much as a bracket, much less most of the matches in it. Props to Alex Strife for pulling off a tournament like this, but having too little regard for the larger smash community who can't travel across the country to attend one tournament to plan for sharing most of the tournament is ultimately destructive. I love this game but if the majority of the hype stuff that happens with it is going to be forever out of my grasp then that love will die.

AXE, you are amazing for organizing this thread and being more diligent than so many others in updating it and keeping the majority of the community in the loop! <3
I feel like it's not really Alex Strife's fault though...

Btw: Tournament Melee

AXE 09

Smash Master
my bad jeff...didn't realize you and tope played on that stream (I probably got up to watch the top 8 stream in the next room)
It's alright lol :)

Me vs S2J was also on that stream.

EDIT:

Ok, I think i finally have everything that's been uploaded so far in the OP. Is there anything that I missed?

And @everyone who said thank you for the thread.... I love you guys :) :pika:

<3 Okami

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Hey guys. Twitch had some issues on Bifuteki's account that we are getting resolved. Do not think I forgot about the vids I haven't . Sorry for the wait.

I will spend my day getting this resolved by talkign to twitch directly

AustinRC

Smash Lord
My set with Aza I remember was recorded but I can't remember who's set up it was. It was a blue marth (Arc) vs red sheik (Aza). The TV was 29 or 26 I think. I'd really like to review the match plz halp!

strawhats

Smash Master
One of the Mexican players recorded my pools set with Aza as well...Hope it gets uploaded. Would like to know what I could've changed/done better.

Knut

Smash Apprentice
i just downloaded software to record stuff. and i wanna see those matches just as much as everyone else, so i think i might just pay for it and put them up on my youtube channel. you guys think i'll get like, sewed or something ridiculous though? thoughts? lol

and i'm dying to see my tourney match. Knut(samus) vs PewPewU. it was round one of bracket so its probably like one of the first few sets recorded on day 3.
the set up was in the second row back.. i can't remember for the life of me what the t.v. number was though. >_<
if anyone has it, please let me know.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
i just downloaded software to record stuff. and i wanna see those matches just as much as everyone else, so i think i might just pay for it and put them up on my youtube channel. you guys think i'll get like, sewed or something ridiculous though? thoughts? lol
You could get strikes against your YouTube channel and Bifouteki might want a few words with you but other than that I don't think so. As long as your not making money off of it lol

And there is still a LOT of video missing. Not just from Bifouteki's stream. The setup Knut discussed recorded a lot of tourney matches that day. Who's was it?????

Tm44

Smash Rookie
Javi vs hax was the hypest set that we dont have a stream vid of

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Oh gosh, I sure hope they wouldn't sew you. Unless they had a medical license and you needed stitches... If anything, the worst they would do is sue you but I also doubt they'd do that.

haha i'm jk, but in all seriousness they may make a copyright claim and have the video deleted. In any case, I'm betting the videos will be up before too long so I'd just save the 5 bucks and wait on it if I were you.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
i just downloaded software to record stuff. and i wanna see those matches just as much as everyone else, so i think i might just pay for it and put them up on my youtube channel. you guys think i'll get like, sewed or something ridiculous though? thoughts?
honestly, it's immoral to pay for something as dumb as that.
they should be up on youtube eventually? otherwise i guess well have to either send death threats to bifuteki or harass him until he ragequits life

AXE 09

Smash Master
There was also somebody recording pool 2 (the pool Knut and I were in). I believe it was on TV 5. Does anyone know whose recording setup that was?

Knut

Smash Apprentice
i thought sewed looked funny lmao. apparently i should have gone to english class more often.
i guess you guys are right though. i just really wanna see them lol. and i figured if i were to pay for the subscription, i may as well post them.
i'll hold out for them to be released. if they ever will be. u_u

and axe, wait there were matches recorded from our pool, other than the ones that were recorded on the clash tournament set up?

AXE 09

Smash Master
and axe, wait there were matches recorded from our pool, other than the ones that were recorded on the clash tournament set up?
Yup! We had 3 TVs, and the middle one was the one recording (I believe it was TV 5). I talked to the guy who was recording and he would occasionally ask me who was playing next so he could record. But I don't remember who he was. There were definitely some other sets recorded from our pool though.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Yup! We had 3 TVs, and the middle one was the one recording (I believe it was TV 5). I talked to the guy who was recording and he would occasionally ask me who was playing next so he could record. But I don't remember who he was. There were definitely some other sets recorded from our pool though.

I was also over there for my pool. I only remember Ripple..

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
Every matches featuring either Bam or Vwins were on Bifuteki's stream. Danm, that's all I wanted to see XD

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I decided not to keep any of the pools matches because of so many matches that weren't of big importance. and possible sandbagging against lower players.

sorry for the inconvenience.

and ALEX, if what you told me is still correct. you might want to tell people about why bifuteki won't upload them. because people will find out one way or another

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
which part?

Nothing was really bad IIRC it was cause he was having issues with twitch and is getting it settled.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
jeez relax guys. I am on him. It is not him that is not wanting to upload it is twitch that is not allowing him to do so. Stop panicing for pete's sake!

seriously though, its fine.

IDK what ripple is talking about i looked up on skype and raelized i never talkd to hima bout it.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Please let me know if anything new gets uploaded to put in the OP, or let me know if I missed anything!

Thank you guys :pika:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
you told me in person that nothing on bifuteki's stream got recorded. :/

strawhats

Smash Master

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Does anyone remember seeing a young Luigi player playing friendlies?

Well that kid was me! You can see my first match on youtube titled Pokemongeof vs Oksas!

Varist

Smash Lord
yo I just watched the links vs the stinks does my man internet explorer 6 have autism? dat commentary dudes

Top Bottom