• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICAL "Rate my lucario" POST

ark-angel

Smash Cadet
Ok i know i am new, but i saw that there was a need for this post. Soooo, i made it.

Rules:
2 videos at a time or less (we wont be able to tell you wich video we are rating)
reply to the video you are rating

give a time frame to what you a rating

Ex: 4:13 sidestep dont roll

So have fun with this!

Oh, and P.S all credit for idea goes to Steel2nd

ark-angel

Smash Cadet
offline/online

Do the videos need to be offline?
It doesent realy matter as long as there isnt tons of lag but you always play better offline so if you realy want to showcase your self then i wouldent put online videos.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I wouldn't say this is necessary. It's a decent idea nonetheless, but chances are that people will still make individual threads.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think ark has the right idea. This is usually a thread you'll find on more competitive characters, so maybe this is worth a shot.

ark-angel

Smash Cadet
thank's

I think ark has the right idea. This is usually a thread you'll find on more competitive characters, so maybe this is worth a shot.
listen to phill if we want to get reported for spamming agaion then by all means keep doing what you are doing untill a mod makes you do this. so you be the judge.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
First, it's not "thank's". :|

Secondly, we don't get reported for spam. We have on topic discussion, and that spam thread by Panda is in every character board.

Third, how are we spamming? It's not spamming to have rate threads.

ark-angel

Smash Cadet
First, it's not "thank's". :|

Secondly, we don't get reported for spam. We have on topic discussion, and that spam thread by Panda is in every character board.

Third, how are we spamming? It's not spamming to have rate threads.
please i dont want to start a war here and please dont disect the words i use. please the more arguing we do here the less likly people will you this thread for its pourpose.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
please i dont want to start a war here and please dont disect the words i use. please the more arguing we do here the less likly people will you this thread for its pourpose.

I wasn't flaming, I was just asking why you thought it was necessary. I made a "rate me" thread, and I didn't spam. It was on topic. :ohwell:

ark-angel

Smash Cadet
I hope to get some offline matches soon, but this is all I have:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTOjCzBbY1Q&fmt=18 vs Musa (Marth)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiJen5hRH1c &fmt=18 vs Task (Captain Falcon)
the first vid didnt work so this is for the second vid
ok starting off

• 0:11-you were wide open for a fsmash why didnt you use it?
  • all-you used dsmash and fsmash alot and it seemed like you forgot about arura spheer halfway through
  • all-stop shielding start rolling/ sidesteping/double team,you can be grabed out of roll
  • that sucide was kinda bad. dont try and spike. luke is not the kind of charecter to spike with.
  • overall very good game keep up the good work

|RK|

Smash Marketer
We have to spam, being the Lucarios. It seems that our moderators have accepted the chill.

ark-angel

Smash Cadet
rated

ok well first you were olny sopposed to have 2 vids but anyway i guess I will do all 3

first video
ZOMG I JUST GOT RICK ROLLED!!!!!!!!

Second video
ummm not even going to answer

thrid video
ok i am reporting your post.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Whoa, whoa, we don't necessarily need to report unless it is a pointless/really spammy thread. If it's a post, just know that this is lucario country.

ark-angel

Smash Cadet
Whoa, whoa, we don't necessarily need to report unless it is a pointless/really spammy thread. If it's a post, just know that this is lucario country.
well when my parents were standing around and my volume was on on the second video it was not prettty nor approite and its too late i already reported it.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
well when my parents were standing around and my volume was on on the second video it was not prettty nor approite and its too late i already reported it.
Just a thing, what applies to the IRC warnings can be equally/easily applied to Xavant's posts. Trust me tho when I say that most other posts in spam can be safe most of the time.
Yeah, extreme smash tips are very explicit in language, frankly they aren't very funny to me as opposed to some of the other things I've seen.

ark-angel

Smash Cadet
Just a thing, what applies to the IRC warnings can be equally/easily applied to Xavant's posts. Trust me tho when I say that most other posts in spam can be safe most of the time.
Yeah, extreme smash tips are very explicit in language, frankly they aren't very funny to me as opposed to some of the other things I've seen.

Well it wasent funny to me at all and i guess i got pretty angry but oh well

XavantTheEnigma

Smash Journeyman
When I posted the Extreme Smash Tips, they weren't meant to be offensive. I was just scrambling to find Lucario videos and post them here for lols.

Just a thing, what applies to the IRC warnings can be equally/easily applied to Xavant's posts.
What do you mean? I'm getting warned on the IRC too?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Welcome to the Lucario board.

We do things at our own leisure. What your asking is two things.

1. For us to be serious. Almost like a sequence of things we find out new about our character each week.

- Being serious is impossible. We have our own way of doing things, and that is to have fun. We've gotten in trouble in the past by our "fun".
- Lucario is a very straight forward character. Sure he has the aura madness, but other then that, theres not many techy stuff you need to use. Finding out new stuff more then 9/10 ths of the time wont be game changing enough to have the whole board in uprawr.

2. You want the Board to be more lively, like the old days.

- The old ways were friendly spammy. Xavant has yet to derail from the old ways, and nor do we want him to.
- We are very stubborn. You want change, which is good! But, we want you to accept our methods and enjoy yourself. It will be very hard for you to sway the board in a better direction, when you know little of its past.

Now, We are here to direct those new to the character, in the same way we directed those earlier in the past year.

We have fun, and we want you to do the same.
-t2

I am not mad at anyone, i am totally chill atm.
Im just explaining things for a better future.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Welcome to the Lucario board.

We do things at our own leisure. What your asking is two things.

1. For us to be serious. Almost like a sequence of things we find out new about our character each week.

- Being serious is impossible. We have our own way of doing things, and that is to have fun. We've gotten in trouble in the past by our "fun".
- Lucario is a very straight forward character. Sure he has the aura madness, but other then that, theres not many techy stuff you need to use. Finding out new stuff more then 9/10 ths of the time wont be game changing enough to have the whole board in uprawr.

2. You want the Board to be more lively, like the old days.

- The old ways were friendly spammy. Xavant has yet to derail from the old ways, and nor do we want him to.
- We are very stubborn. You want change, which is good! But, we want you to accept our methods and enjoy yourself. It will be very hard for you to sway the board in a better direction, when you know little of its past.

Now, We are here to direct those new to the character, in the same way we directed those earlier in the past year.

We have fun, and we want you to do the same.
-t2

I am not mad at anyone, i am totally chill atm.
Im just explaining things for a better future.
I wonder what the next summer will be like.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Roll a little more, and airdogde instead of constantly attacking.
Nu! Rolling should not be encouraged when providing criticism. And attacking to ward off edgeguarders is a good thing to do (unless they outrange you.)
the first vid didnt work so this is for the second vid
ok starting off

• 0:11-you were wide open for a fsmash why didnt you use it?
  • all-you used dsmash and fsmash alot and it seemed like you forgot about arura spheer halfway through
  • all-stop shielding start rolling/ sidesteping/double team,you can be grabed out of roll
  • that sucide was kinda bad. dont try and spike. luke is not the kind of charecter to spike with.
  • overall very good game keep up the good work
Rolling should not be encouraged, and shielding definitely should be. Shielding is good, safer than a sidestep in many cases, etc. Also, stagespiking with run-off dairs should be encouraged usually!
I hope to get some offline matches soon, but this is all I have:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTOjCzBbY1Q&fmt=18 vs Musa (Marth)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiJen5hRH1c &fmt=18 vs Task (Captain Falcon)
Even though it's online, it's a good start. Firstly, don't dsmash ever. Secondly, try not to land with Fair. Thirdly, Fair > Dair a bit more. Fair> Nair is good, but in many cases, Fair Dair will do more damage. Thirdly, don't use Fsmash when you're so close. It is a slow move, remember, and it can be punished by someone beating you to the punch. Also, try to use walkaway fsmashes a bit more, as they can usually set up tipper fsmashes easier. Jab, Ftilt, or even Dtilt when they're close, instead.

Also, don't be so predictable. The Falcon seemed to read you pretty easily.

Top Bottom