• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

October 19th Sudden Death XIV: Scio Logos (Prog's return!) - October 19th, 2013 - Bklyn, NY

D1

Banned via Administration
Lol I feel you, just for clarification. Are you saying the first two games of the set team attack was off? Cuz I heard it was only off during a match that didn't count (when they thought it was 3 outta 5 for semis when it clearly wasn't.) I would like to review the match and see at which point during the match the aforementioned usmash went through Marth.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Right, I didnt pay much attention to the stream the day of the tourney but everyone was in uproar about that game 3. I figured Id rewatch the set when it got to youtube and when I watched it today I noticed in fact that not only game 3 had team attack off...but games 1 and 2 did as well.

Yea if it was just game 3 then I wouldnt care but the entire set looks like it was played with it off. One thing I really notice is in game 2 its a 2v1 and Mango is trying to save hazz so he jumps off and tries to shine him...and nothing happens(4:26 in the vid). then I notice stuff like them never getting hit by each others lasers and when everyone is congested they never get caught in sheild stun by each others moves.

Max?

Smash Champion
After rewatching the set, Team attack was definitely off all 3 games.

That or these players have the greatest spacing ever

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's the new melee teams metagame

spacing has evolved to be THAT good

but how the hell do they not notice it while playing <_<

D1

Wow thats crazy...

...anywho now that everyone is getting a job nowadays in Tristate, also to attract more outta state talent we're bumping every event to 10 dollars. That means, teams, and UMvC3 (since Singles was already 10 to begin with). I'm also removing AE since by next month more people will want to join Ultimate tourneys so we'll probably need all the setups we can get.

Its sad to see people work hard for their wins and get next to nothing in terms of payment for their efforts. People also play harder when there's a bit more cash on the line anyway.

Step it up NYC!

See you next month <3.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Good spit D1 for helping to get the NYC scene back up and running.

Bummed I couldn't make it. I gotta gotta gotta make this upcoming one now!

Hax

Smash Champion
i'm filing a lawsuit if i don't get to replay my teams tournament set vs hazz/mango

:troll:

D1

SWAG! ROM4 was mad beast hope to see everyone next month! Mango's still gonna be in attendance!!!

D1

Hey! People complained about how the thunder and lightning blinded them, so I put something easier on the eyes. Its actually a gif of a car speeding through the forest but the pic is too big. XD I was like you know what, instead of scaling it down...I'll just leave the trees in view...they look cool enough.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Yeah I copypasta'd the image URL just to see what it was. I thought maybe there was some sort of fart action going on in the right side near the end of the loop and was obv curious. Swag.

D1

I think its time for a new sig! Btw for the heads comin we need cubes/wiis/Melee/TVs!!! Its the last Sudden Death before Apex!!!

:phone:

Max?

Smash Champion
This might be the last time I see a lot of you guys for awhile, so let's make the most of it.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'll try to come by transit if I can get some money for this.

@OTG, ur nto going to apex? or do u mean until then.

D1

: ( OTG'S LAST HURRAH!

Going away party for OTG everyone must show ur love NYC's fakest Doc!

Max?

Smash Champion
Idk if I'm gonna be around for Apex, I'm moving to CT within the next month and I won't have much time for the game.

TFS will continue to live on and **** regardless.

Best Crew.

No question mark.

D1

Definitely doing this one in your honor then Max...lets gather all the troops for one final goodbye!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I will be streaming from Chibos channel

lets see if I cannot **** this up! hopefully with a good internet I should be fine XD

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
hey does this start at noon or is that when sign-ups start? I need to know when i must be there by so I can plan my traveling around it.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Hope this get's a really good turnout, no johns also. Can't go to any tourneys till APEX. See you guys then! I'll be on the stream.

D1

Bump the usual Tristate heads are bringing setups but we need more! Bring cubes and tvs guys!

:phone:

LLDL

Smash Hero
hey does this start at noon or is that when sign-ups start? I need to know when i must be there by so I can plan my traveling around it.
Would start around 2pm. Noon is when sign-ups usually are.

Top Bottom