• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Oct 28, 2015] Wavedash Wednesday (Oak Park, IL)

B.W.

Smash Champion
Just MM Shion Laz. He seems to be alright with giving anyone his money.

Last edited:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Laz we still have a MM in the works

But that'll have to wait until next week :(

But really, who willingly wants to fight Link?

Last edited:

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I'm
I hope you picked yours too. ;)

See ya there, get some matches with me :D
I'm only playfully talking smack haha. But hope to face you. If not we'll do friendlies after the tournament. There's no registration page or anything so do we just show up and register there?

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
I'm

I'm only playfully talking smack haha. But hope to face you. If not we'll do friendlies after the tournament. There's no registration page or anything so do we just show up and register there?
Haha I know :)

Yep! You just go there, pay the venue fee and the tournament fee if you're joining it, and you go from there~

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Haha I know :)

Yep! You just go there, pay the venue fee and the tournament fee if you're joining it, and you go from there~
Awesome. Thanks dude. I've never been to this place so I'm hoping it sticks out like a sore thumb. I can't find photos of the building online and I'm going to make it there by around 7:20pm. I'm using my iPhone 5C's navigation GPS to get me there, so I think I should be okay. But do you(or anyone on the thread) know of an easy landmark near the building to locate it? Or maybe the color of the building itself? I just don't want to be running late and then get lost.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Awesome. Thanks dude. I've never been to this place so I'm hoping it sticks out like a sore thumb. I can't find photos of the building online and I'm going to make it there by around 7:20pm. I'm using my iPhone 5C's navigation GPS to get me there, so I think I should be okay. But do you(or anyone on the thread) know of an easy landmark near the building to locate it? Or maybe the color of the building itself? I just don't want to be running late and then get lost.
IHOP HYPE!!!!!

There's an IHOP literally less than a minute walk away. EXP is located on the same side of the street as the pancake house is but is on a different block/one street over.

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
IHOP HYPE!!!!!

There's an IHOP literally less than a minute walk away. EXP is located on the same side of the street as the pancake house is but is on a different block/one street over.
There is? Hot damn man. I know where I'm getting food tonight. Can't believe I didn't notice that the last time I was there. IHOP might be my favorite place on the planet.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
IHOP HYPE!!!!!

Haha. Thanks. I see the IHOP in the Google Maps street view. But the maps' navigation doesn't lead me directly to the building(near it. But not the actual building) Is it closer to the Advocate Medical Center, the Wonder Works building, or the Barber Shop across the street from the IHOP? Sorry I just would prefer not to get lost lol.

Last edited:

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Haha. Thanks. I see the IHOP in the Google Maps street view. Is it closer to the Advocate Medical Center, the Wonder Works building, or the Barber Shop across the street from the IHOP?
IIRC, the wonder works thing is the child museum. EXP is literally right next to that building. Just have to walk through the entrance (has lotsa glass LOTS of GLASS for teh windowz) all the way down the hallway and you will find "EXP Gaming" as the second to last door.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I think I see the building now. It's directly next door to a Home Auto place. It has 6441 written vertically along the side next to the door so I won't miss it. Thanks for the help dude! I'll see you there! Until then? *puts on conductor cap* ALL ABOARD!

YoshiNaomi

Smash Cadet
Hello all! I've been looking forward to Wavedash Wednesday for quite some time. I moved to Oak Park this past June, but music/college has kept me busy from my other passion: PM. Hoping to get destroyed, haven't competed in five years(but I've been playing a minimum of two hours daily since '99 of all the titles). I'll be looking to play friendlies any time I'm not busy with tournament. This is gonna be fun! =^.^=

tag: **** (ahaha, my tag is censored)...Umm, just ask around for Yoshi

p.s. HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE
HYPE
HYPEHYPEHYPE
HYPE
HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE
HYPE
HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE
HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

Attachments

Last edited:

Mega Manny

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mannerz
Finally making it today, won't be staying too late tho. Look forward to meeting you doods!

Last edited:

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
I nearly had a car john but I decided I'd rather walk than be that guy.

(but really I might have car johns because my car didn't start this morning and my buddy bailed so I can't even make him drive.)

Last edited:

Mega Manny

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mannerz
Dude that was AWESOME would've stayed ALOT later, but stuff happened. Look forward to coming back, playing and learning some more, and making some friends!

Last edited:

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Well I got my ass kicked, and I kicked some ass as well. I know I proved something though. You don't have to use a GameCube controller to play competitively. Now that I've seen the scene though, I think I may switch. Wave dashing is so difficult on Wii Remote and Nunchuk. Awesome meeting you guys. Learned a ton and that was so much fun I could care less if I won or lost. I'll definitely be around the community more when I can.

Last edited:

Mr_Sweet

Smash Cadet
had an amazing time!!!! sry if i didnt say hi to all the new comers!!! :0 hope to see u all again and again ^.^
I was lucky enough to play you in first round PM pools, experiencing an asswhooping only comparable to an angry mother beating her child. Over all I had fun, even got to play a match on stream. I wish that it wasn't so far away because I'd love to come more. It was really awesome seeing people like Rat, Oro, Kels, and ya know, people who I see as incredibly good at the game. Definitely an experience I won't be forgetting soon.

Last edited:

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Sweet as sugar.

To all the gentlemen I had money matches with last night, good games.

Y'all are welcome to give it another shot anytime! (Friendlies or MM)

It was great meeting the newer players and having a good time with y'all.

Last edited:

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Glad all of the new guys had a good time. Sorry I don't usually have much time to introduce myself or play friendlies. Hopefully in the future though. :D

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Ladies and gentlemen. The deed is done. I just ordered an official GameCube controller with an adapter so I can practice on my Wii U. This will mark the end of the era from the Wiimote and Nunchuk. This will also mark the rebirth of the GameCube controller!

Spoon~

Smash Ace
Ladies and gentlemen. The deed is done. I just ordered an official GameCube controller with an adapter so I can practice on my Wii U. This will mark the end of the era from the Wiimote and Nunchuk. This will also mark the rebirth of the GameCube controller!
Thank glob.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Only money matches I got left are Webs and Zwarm.

Easy money. ;D

Playing ma boi Kaysick on some new characters we've been Hittin the lab with, tho!

Top Bottom