• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Oct 28, 2015] Wavedash Wednesday (Oak Park, IL)

B.W.

Smash Champion
Dunno if I can make it this week. If I can though it won't be in time for the tournament.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Laz can't practice but places high? You know what that means guys.

Link is OP.

Nerf plz.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Yo Shion, since you're so confident I'm free money, let's make it more interesting. 1v1 crew battle, your best 3 characters vs my best 3. I'll show you how "free" I am.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Same rules as always, I'd say.

1v1 crew sounds funky to me. Let's keep it simple, sugar.

Last edited:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Same rules as always, I'd say.

1v1 crew sounds funky to me. Let's keep it simple, sugar.
It's not funky, we used to do tournaments with them all the time back in the day

Try something new, you have new characters that you seem pretty confident with. Can't hide behind your Marth forever ;)

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
You gonna be able to show for tonight's weekly, @ Zwarm Zwarm ?

I wonder if the new kids are gonna be showing up tonight as well..

Last edited:

YoshiNaomi

Smash Cadet
I'm getting a check in the mail today(hopefully) so I'll definitely be there. EXP is literally the only place I can get any good practice in(especially against people who play religiously), so I'm looking forward to it!

YoshiNaomi

Smash Cadet
Well I thought I was going, but my check didn't come in. Needless to say, I'm livid. I'll see you cats next Wednesday. And @Shion I'll have to play you soon, hopefully next week.

SleepyTRex

Smash Cadet
Oh yes Zwarm hes the best

Also Captain Facerole nice to meet you I like you sorry if I came accross as ignoring you I get shy :3

HarryTheChin I love you

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Oh yes Zwarm hes the best

Also Captain Facerole nice to meet you I like you sorry if I came accross as ignoring you I get shy :3

HarryTheChin I love you
Team "Harry ANUS" = too vulgar 4 smash

ALSO. 7TH PLACE HYPE. NEXT WEEK IMMA GO FOR TEH MONEYZ

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
These past two weeks gave been "meh" for me. Took 7th and 2-0 Trip... Haven't done that great sense. Really wish I could get friendlies outside of EXP

Last edited:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Yo you kicked my *** mr game and watch guy lol
Just gotta practice more mang, my G&W is a brand new face around here too. Ggs dude, you still have the best tag.

@ Kaysick Kaysick where do you live? We could probably hang sometime soon and practice if you're not too far from me. Octorok and Shion are close to me too

Mega Manny

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mannerz
ggs doods. it seems like every time i come I'm using a different character. anyway, if you guys see a red beanie, thats me. say hi and play some matches with me!

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
I'll get on your a$$ next time, Manny.

Boom, bam.

Shoutout to Zwarm for a hype ass money match we had going last night, too. GG's.

Shoutout to Kaysick for the fun new character games.

Shoutout to the smash at Xanadu kids.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Just gotta practice more mang, my G&W is a brand new face around here too. Ggs dude, you still have the best tag.

@ Kaysick Kaysick where do you live? We could probably hang sometime soon and practice if you're not too far from me. Octorok and Shion are close to me too
I checked Google Maps for Shion and Octo and they're like up to 40 minutes away e.e

I'm out in Orland Park. If it was like a day of smash I wouldn't mind driving out somewhere far. That's why I don't mind driving to WDW

Last edited:

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
4th place again.... i demand better results!!!!! i need to train as well....
i feel the same way. i must train harder.we can do this Laz.we arent far from a day where we will meet in grand finals.if only i had beaten kels.i was so close yesterday...also i have my eyes on all the links now...norm threatens me with revenge after beating him in the last 2 tourneys...harry for almost beating me...and laz im still coming for you.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'm a little farther south than those two, Orland is more like 30 minutes from me. I think random smashfests should happen at college of dupage like we used to do back in the early PM days. It's a really central location for everyone basically, even more so than EXP

Also yeah Shion, ggs, I'm coming for you next time!

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
I'm a little farther south than those two, Orland is more like 30 minutes from me. I think random smashfests should happen at college of dupage like we used to do back in the early PM days. It's a really central location for everyone basically, even more so than EXP

Also yeah Shion, ggs, I'm coming for you next time!
I'm pretty close to CoD. How do we make this happen???

Also, I watched you guys on stream last night. GGs to all you guys. Chicago-land smash is the truth! I swear I'm gonna make it out to a WDW one of these times... heh

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Just gotta find a day where nothing else is going on, no tournaments or anything like that

And I just have to find a day off of work, that's the hardest part for me

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Just gotta find a day where nothing else is going on, no tournaments or anything like that

And I just have to find a day off of work, that's the hardest part for me
30 minutes isn't that bad, I'd be down for driving out to play some Smash. Practice is better than no practice.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
I'll be getting my bit€ha$$ license back this coming Tuesday, so I'll be up and driving about as well.

Riding the hype train.

Last edited:

Webs

Smash Cadet
Wavedash Wednesday results for PM and Melee 2/19/14

PM Top 4:

1. Oro?!
2. Kels
3. Scythe
4. Lazarond
Full Bracket: http://challonge.com/EXP_PM_36

Melee Top 4:

1. Kels
2. Trail
3. Oro?!
4. LVL7CPU
Full Bracket: http://challonge.com/EXP_Melee_34 (not quite filled out but top 4 are listed here)

We had a sick turnout for this event, with 30 entrants for Melee and 32 for PM. Looking back through the Challonge archives, I'm pretty sure its the biggest weekly EXP has held as of yet. Huge shoutouts to Kyle and Mike (Oro?! and Zwarm) for the tons of work they've been doing to improve each weekly, and Bobby for running both events super smoothly. I'm pretty new to the scene so it was cool to meet and watch a bunch of the old school players coming back for this event as well.

Last shoutout goes to Soap and my first round matchup being the worst played stream match of the entire event. Sorry for putting you on blast on commentary constantly lol

Top Bottom