• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Oct 28, 2015] Wavedash Wednesday (Oak Park, IL)

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I am working on getting matches from this WDW up on youtube today. The only Melee I will be able to put up will be what was on the stream after we moved aka losers quarters, losers semis, losers finals, grand finals.

BLUX

Smash Cadet
yo i just thought of the best smash name of all time, who wants it? "Path of the Dragon part 2"

BLUX

Smash Cadet
yo i just thought of the best smash name of all time, who wants it? "Path of the Dragon part 2"

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Give oro way more credit than me, he's the one who has been doing research to improve our stream and takes the initiative to upload almost everything, I just provide the hardware.

YoshiNaomi

Smash Cadet
Haiii all. I'm thirsty for some PM training with someone good. If you have a setup and want to train I'm literally a 30 second walk from Di Nico's in Oak Park/}Berwyn. Message me?

p.s. pic unrelated, but it's trippy and I made it and it's pretty :3

Attachments

YoshiNaomi

Smash Cadet
So here's the deal: I don't currently have a setup for PM(minus my laptop emulation), but I -do- want to practice as much as possible(my tech is reaaaaaaaaally rusty). So if you have a place and want to play, I also have a capture card with me and I will happily record any games and give you the footage! I mentioned where I'm located above, I'm free today.(had errands yesterday haha)
p.s. random pic because buttons and colors @.@

Attachments

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
So here's the deal: I don't currently have a setup for PM(minus my laptop emulation), but I -do- want to practice as much as possible(my tech is reaaaaaaaaally rusty). So if you have a place and want to play, I also have a capture card with me and I will happily record any games and give you the footage! I mentioned where I'm located above, I'm free today.(had errands yesterday haha)
p.s. random pic because buttons and colors @.@
Maybe sometime soon, if you don't mind driving out to Orland Park we could play some PM

Last edited:

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Don't think I'll make it this week. I'm a bit sick. I'll do my best for next week though! Just remember to keep the hype train going.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Don't think I'll make it this week. I'm a bit sick. I'll do my best for next week though! Just remember to keep the hype train going.
Sickness john is a legitimate john, I'll forgive you but only this time! Hopefully I'll see you next week.

Last edited:

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
After watching that last stream, I'm definitely inspired. Gonna try my best to make it next week, and then keep showing up if possible, LOL You guys rock.

snex

Smash Master
switching to Fox in losers bracket against me counts as physical abuse. broken character.

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
I can vouch. Was physically abused by Oro in my very first tournament match ever.

Mr_Sweet

Smash Cadet
Yesterday was fun, I actually won a set in both PM and Melee. I also got my first shine off the top kill on Yoshi's against peach, first time against a peach too. I wish I could go to these more, it's always such a massive learning experience and there's good people all over.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Oro held me down and fu€Ked me once...

I think we should talk about it.. :c

Last edited:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Yesterday was fun, I actually won a set in both PM and Melee. I also got my first shine off the top kill on Yoshi's against peach, first time against a peach too. I wish I could go to these more, it's always such a massive learning experience and there's good people all over.
That shine was not appreciated

Lazarond

Smash Apprentice
all i have to say is oro hurt me more mentally than anything... and ill quote "i gotta get this done fast!" "announcer yells" *Zero Suit Samus* so much for only marth and ike oro!!!!!!!!!

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
What happened on that last stock, @ Mr_Sweet Mr_Sweet ?

The Falco v Marth. You just kinda crumbled, man!! DON'T EVER MAKE ME DO THAT TO YOU AGAIN.

Captain Faceroll

Smash Apprentice
Faceroll it felt like you weren't trying in Melee :(
I need to work more on my mindset for sure.

I don't seem to take things as seriously as I should in situations that call for it, although that might transcend more areas than simply Smash.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Hoping for no work johns next week, I'm bringing it hard in the paint.

Last edited:

Webs

Smash Cadet
Wavedash Wednesday results for PM and Melee 2/26/14 (No Kelly Smith edition)

PM Top 4:

1. Oro?!
2. Scythe/Arty
3. Arty/Scythe
4. Lazarond
Full Bracket: http://challonge.com/EXP_pm_37

Melee Top 4:
1. Oro?!
2. Scythe
3. LVL7CPU
4. snex
Full Bracket: http://challonge.com/EXP_Melee_35

For the PM top 4, both Scythe and Arty had to leave because it was too late so Oro?! took first by default and they split 2nd/3rd. Lazarond stepped up and played an entertaining FGF(Faux Grand Finals) instead. I really wanted to credit Laz with 2nd, 3rd and 4th place lol.

On the Melee side, snex upset Oro?! early in bracket when Oro?! played Marth against snex's Jiggs. This only served to set Oro?! into a seething rage, rampaging through losers bracket and killing everyone both literally and metaphorically. Oro?! reset the bracket against Scythe's Falcon in a super tight 5 game first set before 3-0ing Scythe's Fox and Falco to take the win(and Scythe's kidney).

PM VODs should be up sooner or later at http://www.youtube.com/windycitysmash

If you're looking for a specific Melee match you'll have to browse through these past broadcasts at http://www.twitch.tv/expgamingil:
http://www.twitch.tv/expgamingil/b/506670440?t=57m0s
http://www.twitch.tv/expgamingil/b/506701574

Webs

Smash Cadet
Clearly I'm a jerk. During the entire Melee commentary, it was being said that I physically abuse everyone who goes to EXP lol.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

also someone correct me if im wrong about how top 4 of PM went down this week

Last edited:
Top Bottom