• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OBscene 1.0 - Ottawa, Ontario - Feb 28th - COME PLAY HOLY

DiddyKing

Smash Rookie
So...im thinking about joining BUT i need to find out a way there. Are 13 year olds allowed in this? im realllly good and thisll be my first turney, think of it as free pot money. (not the drug lol)

infomon

Smash Scientist
So...im thinking about joining BUT i need to find out a way there. Are 13 year olds allowed in this? im realllly good and thisll be my first turney, think of it as free pot money. (not the drug lol)
this post is amazing for so many reasons :laugh:

Someone can prolly get you a ride if you need one, depending on where you live, and if you wouldn't be too freaked out by that lol. 13yo's are allowed, we don't mind free pot money (not the drug lol) :bee:

Edit: and I have this unfortunate suspicion that I'm gonna get 3-stocked by diddyking :(

DiddyKing

Smash Rookie
OH SICK, I JUST MAPQUESTED IT AND ITS 15 MINUTES FROM MY PLACE!!!!I just need to gather up 15 bucks and get my friends to come and etc etc.

If possible, give me yours, i might need to interog- i mean ask you some questions =P

AND ONE LAST QUESTION, how old are you guys anyway...it's my first turney and i dont want my ballz chopped off. Plus, if im inviting friends theyll need all the info they can get

infomon

Smash Scientist
If you don't want spam, I strongly recommend you take the email addy out of your post. The spambots will pick it up asap.

You can send anyone on this forum a private message by clicking on their name, you should prolly just do that. What is it you wanted us to PM you? Like do you need a ride or do you think you can walk? (is it 15mins by walk or by car?)

I'm 25 but deffo one of the older smashers.... most ppl are around 18-22 but some as young as 16 or mebbe even 14 come out to events. You wouldn't be too out of place. Bring friends too ftw.

DiddyKing

Smash Rookie
oh, i just needed your emails incase anything changed or whatever. I think i can get there with my friends car or something. (btw its 15 minute drive, not walk) Hopefully my parentsll let me go cuz im sick of owning lvl 9 comps...they get so predictable...=P

This is gonna be epic, im gonna be practicing throughout all the 18 days i got left

joblin

Smash Apprentice
I've got my money on Arsenic - I mean Old Manondorf. best watch out Kage. You better win Arsenic or I'll deport your a$$ back to China!

Welcome to the community DiddyKing. Mostly all of the info for the tournament is on the first post but if you have any questions PM the coordinator buenob. I think it'll be quite the turn out and believe me in saying you'll get your a$$ handed to you (not by me though), unless you're got this hidden talent that's ready to explode. Hope you can make it out.

buenob

Smash Lord
anyone feel free to PM me at any time if they have questions... remember it's 15 for singles and 10 each (20 per team) for doubles, I'll update the first post with a breakdown of what's going to happen when (ie. registration)

I think probably around 45 people will show realistically... I haven't posted on AiB yet as I don't have an account, so if anyone wants to copy the first page and post it there please do (and tell me you do lol), less for me to do :)

as for food, I really don't want to be responsible for it, since if I were to do it and not make money off it, if a single person decides not to eat that food I'll lose money, and if I were to adjust prices for that, people will be frustrated that it's more expensive than it needs to... anyways, i'm gonna re-post that in the second post, but yeah... food is found at your own expense // time... there will be a break for it :)

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Sorry but, the warrior spirit will always prevail!!
There is no warrior spirit left in ganondorf, it has been replaced by 200 years of age and arthiritis in every joint.

Or if you are Middle Aged Manondorf, 100 years of age and a mid life crisis.

And if you are King Leonidorf, you have sparta.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
There is no warrior spirit left in ganondorf, it has been replaced by 200 years of age and arthiritis in every joint.

Or if you are Middle Aged Manondorf, 100 years of age and a mid life crisis.

And if you are King Leonidorf, you have sparta.
You wanna bet? There is plenty warrior spirit left in Ganondorf. Because I am Ganon and Ganon is Kage.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
You wanna bet? There is plenty warrior spirit left in Ganondorf. Because I am Ganon and Ganon is Kage.
I bet it on a Bo3 $5 money match :p.

I am old manondorf, and old manondorf is tired and wants to go to bed.

IkeMaster: we don't place bans on metaknight.

We need this **** taped and hyped.

buenob

Smash Lord
the old warrior showdown, of ultimate destiny!

and ikemaster, MK is a legal choice, 100%

Fogel

Smash Lord
anyone feel free to PM me at any time if they have questions... remember it's 15 for singles and 10 each (20 per team) for doubles, I'll update the first post with a breakdown of what's going to happen when (ie. registration)

I think probably around 45 people will show realistically... I haven't posted on AiB yet as I don't have an account, so if anyone wants to copy the first page and post it there please do (and tell me you do lol), less for me to do :)

as for food, I really don't want to be responsible for it, since if I were to do it and not make money off it, if a single person decides not to eat that food I'll lose money, and if I were to adjust prices for that, people will be frustrated that it's more expensive than it needs to... anyways, i'm gonna re-post that in the second post, but yeah... food is found at your own expense // time... there will be a break for it :)
FYI, if you had to sign the same insurance stuff I did for ToSes, they explicitly ask if you are having food, and if you said no, you technically can't serve food anyways. No point in risking something happening to the tourney over some food.

I'm fine with that, I look forward to fighting the warrior.
Yay, my hype vid accomplished something :)

Fogel

Smash Lord
edit: You can put me down for a Wii since I know I'm coming now.

Can anyone house GTAN? We will most likely have a car of 5 coming up :p
I can house you guys again, provided you are ok with leaving early on Sunday. I have to be at work for 8, so will probably have to leave at 7:30 or so.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I can house some people now that my parents moved out.

I hope you guys like Hardwood floors :p

cemo

white walker
i'm trying to organize another montreal car to come down. (:
2 - 5 people, (assume 5), just wanna confirm housing as early as i can. thanks!

edit: i see arsenic is offering housing, but for how many people?

Fogel

Smash Lord

I don't believe anyone's asked for housing other than KingAce+car, so the spots at Bueno's should still be open as well. Also, if KingAce+car don't want to stay with me, you guys can take those spots.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Grah. My cousin (rc80) refuses to go to OBscene because it interferes with the all-night Laser Quest v.v Plus he says he's not really into Smash right now (**** Halo Wars!)

He also won't ask his friends on the assumption they won't go without him.

arsenic41

Smash Ace

I can house 5 (or a bit more) people, but let me warn you, I have hard wood floors, so I hope you guys don't mind that.

Also, I can only provide so much when it comes to blankets and such, so it would be better ifyou guys brought your own sleeping bags.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Sorry i couldnt find this thread. Yeah fogel that would be awesome if you can house us again. We'll leave as early as you want too so you can get to work.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Sorry i couldnt find this thread. Yeah fogel that would be awesome if you can house us again. We'll leave as early as you want too so you can get to work.
Sounds good. What time are you getting to Ottawa? Just so you know, I won't be home until afer 8PM or so, so don't leave Toronto too early.

Top Bottom