• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

=O new OU List without Gallade =O

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
You know, plenty of other Pokemon have the Curse Avalance combo down pat too... Slowbro, Rhyperior, Lapras, Slowking, Swampert, Tyranitar, Aggron, Wailord, Regi-Ice, Bastididon or whatever it's name is, Glaceon, and of course Smeargle. But still, that one combo isn't required to stop Garchomp. High powered Ice moves still get the job done just as well, and if they have stab, a power up quite typically is not needed to slaughter Garchomp, unless Garchomp is deciding to be a Wall, instead of a sweeper. And a Walling Garchomp seems to me about as worthless as a Special Sweeper Garchomp...

Many teams are prepared to face Garchomp, but Scizor is a demon... Flying types that can resist it's stab do a good job against it, as well as anything that can burn it or straight up roast it. Serebii.net lists Zapdos, Gyarados, Charizard, Moltress, Skarmory, Weezing, Dusknoir, and Gliscor as those who can take down Scizor. But still, most steel types can wall it, most flying types can wall it, and still, baring the Fire-Retardant Berry, you can usually 1-hit kill it with Fire moves, specifically special attacks, assuming Rain-Dance and or LightScreen isn't saving it's buggy butt.

Still, not everyone is prepared to take down Scizor, since Fire isn't always needed. But you'd be dumb not to have an Ice-Type Offense at the ready. I'm ready for both Garchomp and Scizor, with my Sword-Dancing Infernape, and my Cursing Mamoswine.

D

Deleted member

I am stating that fire type weakness is more of a liability than an Ice weakness.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahem...

Niiro

Smash Ace
You know, plenty of other Pokemon have the Curse Avalance combo down pat too... Slowbro, Rhyperior, Lapras, Slowking, Swampert, Tyranitar, Aggron, Wailord, Regi-Ice, Bastididon or whatever it's name is, Glaceon, and of course Smeargle. But still, that one combo isn't required to stop Garchomp. High powered Ice moves still get the job done just as well, and if they have stab, a power up quite typically is not needed to slaughter Garchomp, unless Garchomp is deciding to be a Wall, instead of a sweeper. And a Walling Garchomp seems to me about as worthless as a Special Sweeper Garchomp...
Nobody uses curse avalance combo on any pokemon not named swampert and mamoswine. and i have only seen that combo used twice ever. And many people here including you are under the impression that Ice is Garchomps only weakness. Its kinda pathetic, because a Draco Meteor from a Salamence, Latias, Dragonite will all **** the **** out of Garchomp. And also, whats so bad with hitting Garchomp for neutral damage? He is about as bulky as Swampert, but Garchomps are never used defensively except for some gimmicky sets.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I know, but I just wanted to disprove the theory of Yachechomp being overpowered. I still don't see why the thing deserves to be an Uber when so many things can stop it in general. And plenty of people are capable of doing the com.. didn't I just go over that part? You even quoted it! I don't think Garchomp is rigged.. I've personally beaten it down with just my Monkeychan's Close Combat (that's my Infernape!'cause every body is KUNG-FU FIGHTING!). I just wanted to make sure to prove my point to that dude who tried to say that Garchomp could defeat my Behemoth (Mamoswine). Sorry if I'm being offensive or overlooking anything obvious. I'm slow. ;.; PITY ME! ;.; Also, I like avoiding having Dragons fight Dragons, only because I have an issue with the whole "Fight Fire with Fire" thing, because no matter who wins, everyone gets burned. :p But seriously, Mirror Matches seem redunant. That's why I had to search for a little while to find my second to my Brawl Lucario, ZSS. But that's an issue for another thread. :p

Niiro

Smash Ace
I know, but I just wanted to disprove the theory of Yachechomp being overpowered. I still don't see why the thing deserves to be an Uber when so many things can stop it in general. And plenty of people are capable of doing the com.. didn't I just go over that part? You even quoted it! I don't think Garchomp is rigged.. I've personally beaten it down with just my Monkeychan's Close Combat (that's my Infernape!'cause every body is KUNG-FU FIGHTING!). I just wanted to make sure to prove my point to that dude who tried to say that Garchomp could defeat my Behemoth (Mamoswine). Sorry if I'm being offensive or overlooking anything obvious. I'm slow. ;.; PITY ME! ;.; Also, I like avoiding having Dragons fight Dragons, only because I have an issue with the whole "Fight Fire with Fire" thing, because no matter who wins, everyone gets burned. :p But seriously, Mirror Matches seem redunant. That's why I had to search for a little while to find my second to my Brawl Lucario, ZSS. But that's an issue for another thread. :p
I think that Garchomp should be OU. But Yache-chomp has no **** counters. It can only be revenged. I'm serious. Tell me one set that can take a +2 Outrage from garchomp. If you say Skarm/Bronzong, can it take repeated Fireblasts? And they can't do much to Garchomp regardless.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I don't know why I'm so overconfident, and I know I'm gonna get my butt kicked soon, but I decided to check the math on my Monkeychan against a Scizor, with max defense. Turns out, even without Sword Dance, and with the Occa berry given to Scizor, Infernape can use Firepunch to get a straight up 2 hit kill on Scizor, assuming it has full health, and full defense AND hp evs. Without either one of them full, it gets wrecked. Granted, Infernape is sporting an expert belt, but still, 200 damage with the Occa berry involved, with the Scizor having a defense boosting nature and full evs on defence and hp. Using Flare Blitz instead, and it would almost guarantee a 1 hit kill, since most pokemon don't have the luck of having full ivs and evs, and this is if Infernape did it on his first turn. With Sword Dance, just one of them, and Scizor waves goodbye. Imagine if he targed Scizor's weaker Special Defense. Fufufufu....

Niiro

Smash Ace
I don't know why I'm so overconfident, and I know I'm gonna get my butt kicked soon, but I decided to check the math on my Monkeychan against a Scizor, with max defense. Turns out, even without Sword Dance, and with the Occa berry given to Scizor, Infernape can use Firepunch to get a straight up 2 hit kill on Scizor, assuming it has full health, and full defense AND hp evs. Without either one of them full, it gets wrecked. Granted, Infernape is sporting an expert belt, but still, 200 damage with the Occa berry involved, with the Scizor having a defense boosting nature and full evs on defence and hp. Using Flare Blitz instead, and it would almost guarantee a 1 hit kill, since most pokemon don't have the luck of having full ivs and evs, and this is if Infernape did it on his first turn. With Sword Dance, just one of them, and Scizor waves goodbye. Imagine if he targed Scizor's weaker Special Defense. Fufufufu....
Dude....you do know that most people just Flamethrower/FireBlast/Overheat/HP Fire his ***...right? And only silly Infernapes you only Physical moves. The only 2 viable physcial moves he has that arn't outclassed by his rediculous special movepool are Close Combat and U-turn. Stone Edge is okay too ^^

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Aerodactyl
Breloom Bronzong Celebi
Donphan Dragonite Dugtrio
Empoleon
Flygon
Forretress
Gliscor
Heracross
Hippowdon
Jirachi
Lucario
Magnezone Mamoswine Metagross Ninjask
Rhyperior
Salamence
Scizor Skarmory
Togekiss
Tyranitar
Weavile
Zapdos

I felt like color-cordinating the pokemon in the OU tier who are vunerable to Fire and who are vunerable to Ice. It's even color-coordinated. 12 Ice-Vunerable, while 15 Fire-Vunerable. I just removed the others that took equal damage from both. If it's missing any from the list, please tell me and hit me with a newspaper for missing it. I didn't add in any extra items or natures either.

And aboout Yache-chomp, I believe I just gave a list of Pokemon that are Bulky enough to withstand a hit and deliver instant death Avalances... I'm sure even other pokemon have ways of defending themselves and performing uber ice-beams that will still be able to slaughter it, despite it's Berry. I proved that Mamoswine could, and plenty of others can do so as well.

And about me being silly for having a Physical Infernape, Sword Dance, FlareBlitz, StoneEdge, and CloseCombat is a very good combination, especially on a Jolly Infernape with max evs and junk in Attack and Speed. But I'm sure that somewhere, some cursing watertype with Aqua-Jet is getting ready to kill MonkeyChan. ;.;

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
True, it isn't. But it does take more damage from Ice moves than it does from Fire-moves. Therefore, it's more vunerable to Ice than it is to Fire.

Niiro

Smash Ace
And aboout Yache-chomp, I believe I just gave a list of Pokemon that are Bulky enough to withstand a hit and deliver instant death Avalances... I'm sure even other pokemon have ways of defending themselves and performing uber ice-beams that will still be able to slaughter it, despite it's Berry. I proved that Mamoswine could, and plenty of others can do so as well.

And about me being silly for having a Physical Infernape, Sword Dance, FlareBlitz, StoneEdge, and CloseCombat is a very good combination, especially on a Jolly Infernape with max evs and junk in Attack and Speed. But I'm sure that somewhere, some cursing watertype with Aqua-Jet is getting ready to kill MonkeyChan. ;.;
Care to name a few? Even then, garchomp might not even attack, but SD again, and attack next turn. Physical Infernape is kinda obsolute, NP Mixape ***** it.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
How is it obsolete? I honestly can't think of anythinig that can wall all 3 of it's specific physical attacks... I think that picking between Physical and Special Sweeping Infernape is just a matter of personal preference, or for what's best for the team. I rather like Physical fighters, because I loved DBZ. :p

And again, you even quoted a list of Pokemon that can Curse while the enemy Garchomp uses Sword Dance, and yet Garchomp comes up short of killing it while the Cursed Pokemon's Avalance kills Garchomp. Incase you forgot, Lapras-Slowing-Rhyperior-Bastidion-Glaceon-Smeargle-Swampert-Walrein are them, if I remember rightmyself. :p

Also, anything that can use Ice-Shard is also an incredible way to slaughter any form of Garchomp. 1 Shard removes the berry, the 2nd guarantees the instant kill. Weavile is my favorite example of a pokemon that would rely on it's speed to kill as well, but it can also use Ice-Shard, as can FrossGlass, Donphan might not be fast but it's dang powerful and comes with Ice-Shard too, Glaile is uber balancd and can use Ice-Shard as well, and if you want a Legendary to put Garchomp in its place, Articuno can do the job as well with it's surprisingly bulkiness and powerful ice moves, including Ice-Shard.

These are all several different ways to punish Garchomp. :p Again, Behemoth (my Mamoswine's name) will forever be my favorite.

Niiro

Smash Ace
How is it obsolete? I honestly can't think of anythinig that can wall all 3 of it's specific physical attacks... I think that picking between Physical and Special Sweeping Infernape is just a matter of personal preference, or for what's best for the team. I rather like Physical fighters, because I loved DBZ. :p

And again, you even quoted a list of Pokemon that can Curse while the enemy Garchomp uses Sword Dance, and yet it still comes up short to most of the bulky Pokemon's defenses, while the Avalance that comes with pretty much any of the attacks it uses after it sword dances will instantly kill it.

Incase you forgot, Lapras-Slowing-Rhyperior-Bastidion-Glaceon-Smeargle-Swampert-Walrein are them, if I remember rightmyself. :p
dude. Everytime you curse, the opposing garchomp will SD again. So eventually it will be a +6 garchomp vs. a +3 wanna be walling pokemon. Do the calcs. It will ****ing OHKO you.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Actually, every time you curse, your defense grows as well. It will soon only be able to do 3x it's normal power, while at that point, any physical ice move you make will drop it in 1 hit from all the added offense.

And again, all the Ice-Shard users need to do is just launch 2 Ice-Shards. By the time the Garchomp gets hit with the first one, it knows either to switch out or bend over and get *****.

I did the freaking Calcs. That's how I know that these pokemon can all do the job. However, I'm still biased towards Mamoswine, especially since it packs both the curse avalance combo and Ice-Shard.

You know, we haven't even talked about special attackers that can get the job done too... I should go do research on that.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Actually, every time you curse, your defense grows as well. It will soon only be able to do 3x it's normal power, while at that point, any physical ice move you make will drop it in 1 hit from all the added offense.

And again, all the Ice-Shard users need to do is just launch 2 Ice-Shards. By the time the Garchomp gets hit with the first one, it knows either to switch out or bend over and get *****.

I did the freaking Calcs. That's how I know that these pokemon can all do the job. However, I'm still biased towards Mamoswine, especially since it packs both the curse avalance combo and Ice-Shard.
isn't that what i ****ing said?
TURN 0
I switch in garchomp as you piss in your pants

TURN 1
I SD as you switch in Mamoswine
I'm +2 attack right now

TURN 2
If you Avalance, I will hit first and OHKO you, if you Curse...
I will SD so....
+4 attack garchomp vs. a +1 attack mamo,+1 defense

TURN 3
Again, if you Avalance, I will hit first and OHKO, if you Curse....
I will SD again, so....
+6 attack Garchomp vs. a +2 attack mamo, +2 defense

TURN 4
I Outrage, you die.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
First of all, stop pretending that you can predict my Pokemon's moves. Second, even with the berry, Avalance is capable of doing enough to 1 hit, so if you're still Sword Dancing, you're dead. 3rd, I usually lead with Mamoswine because of his ability to both stall and sweep competitions. 4th, I'm not peeing my pants for anyone. And 5, if I was really scared of your Garchomp, I'd Ice-Shard it while it was swill trying to Power up. And by the time it realised death was on it's way, it would be hit with the 2nd Ice-Shard, or switched to something that would live. It would have to have maximum defense and hp to even be able to survive a 1 hit kill from Mamoswine's Ice-Shard, even unpowered up from Curse. Mamoswine just outright ***** Garchomp.

You're not a magician. you can't read minds. Nice try though. 'k thanks. This game of Chess is fun. Your move.

Granted, we should think of the special equivalent of taking down Garchomp too... Physical sweeping defensive juggernauts are good, but for those people that like using their minds, there has to be a way to win too...

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
If you still want to try to think of ways for Garchomp to kill my Mamoswine, can you fill in some information? My Mamoswine has a Brave Nature, with Nevermelt-Ice attached to it, Oblivious Special Ablitiy, (we can give both sides perfect Iv's just for fun) max evs in Attack and Defense, with the remaining 4 in hp, and the attacks Earthquake, Curse, IceShard and Avalance. What are the stats of your Garchomp, just to make sure everything's clear? I know that it has Sword Dance and Outrage as part of it's moves, and that it obviously must have max attack evs, but what about it's nature or it's other moves and evs?

I've been assuming that the rest of it's stats go into it's defense to help it live, and then left overs go into hp, but then again if Garchomp had no Speed Ev's invested into it, Porygon-Z could take it down too. Timid, 1 Nasty Plot, and then uber Ice-Beam from a Pokemon Tied with Alakazam for highest special attack amoung non-ubers, and 8th highest with them involved, and even with a maximum defense with a max defense nature, Garchomp still takes 360 damage, which would require a heck of a lot of hp evs to live through.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I use a Bulk/Drain Punch Gallade on shoddy.:)

Gallade is my all time favorite pokmn IN TEH WERLD. It used to be Gardevior, but then Gallade came and roxed my sox.

He doesn't **** all that hard though. I still think he's cool.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
First of all, stop pretending that you can predict my Pokemon's moves.
Really? He CAN predict your moves. Prediction is half of the game. If he were to have Garchomp out on, say, Lucario, he could predict that you would switch out and SD away.

You're not a magician. you can't read minds. Nice try though. 'k thanks. This game of Chess is fun. Your move.
...But you can read minds. Predict switch-ins. Trick them into thinking you're going to do a switch-in. Slam their switch-in. Pokemon is one big prediction game, man.

Hey, wait! I just remembered the Chain Chomp set!

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Modest
252 Spd/252 SpAtk/6 Atk
-Swords Dance
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake

This set has a chance of OHKOing Mamoswine with Fire Blast, and survives whatever you throw at him.

I'm not sure why I'm even arguing this, because if a Garchomp vs. Mamoswine situation would ever arise, anyone would just switch out Garchomp. But yes, if the game were to come down to a Shark vs. Pig situation, the Pig would *probably* win.

@ The Porygon-Z thing: He's just way too slow to counter Garchomp, unless he is either toting a Scarf, which would prevent him from getting a Nasty Plot out to OHKO a Yachechomp, or he needs to use an Agility, by which time I would switch out to Blissey.

A +2 Garchomp with Outrage would OHKO a Max Def, Max Atk, 4 Hp Mamoswine, btw.

And Tyranitar isn't vulnerable to Ice. At all.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
First of all, read the message uptop that said that I know Tyranitar isn't vunerable to ice, but takes more damage from Ice than it does from Fire. There for, in the Ice-v-Fire-Debate, if you had a pokemon with both Flame-Thrower and Ice-Beam, it makes a little more sense to use Icebeam on Tyranitar, assuming it was your last option to do so.

Second of all, I agree with Porygon-Z being too slow. I believe I was trying to say how it would be impossible for a Garchomp to switch into Porygon-Z, because after that one NastyPlot, Garchomp would be instantly killed by the Ice-Beam. Btw, if Blissey got switched in, it could still use a boosted Hyperbeam to kill it in one shot. Granted whatever pokemon was switched in after Blissey would probably kill it, but to stop the uber special wall, it would usually be a worthy sacrifice.

3rd, why would my Lucario run away when a physical Lucario could use Ice-Punch or a special Lucario could use Dragon Pulse to kill your Garchomp? The thing is, you really have no idea how EVERYONE plays, so you can't predict EVERYONE'S ACTIONS, unless you are a psychic or a mind-reader, which I'm pretty sure you aren't, or you wouldn't be online. You'd be in a small house getting money predicting everyone's death with Tarrot Cards. Pokemon's not a big prediction game. It's a strategy game. You can choose to believe your enemy, or go about it your own way and still win. Whoever has the best stragety is the winner in pretty much anything. That's how they do it in Brawl, that's how they do it in Sports, that's how they do it in War, that's how they do it in Love, and that's how they do it in Pokemon. Just praying to God certian things won't happen or will go your way won't always save you. Having a good enough plan will.

The fact that you admited that people would be forced to switch Garchomp out from Mamoswine kinda proves that Mamoswine is scary enough to them to make them have to run from it or die, so Mamoswine is still a decent counter to him. :p As for the physical sweeping set killing Mamoswine in 1 hit, that would onlly be if he is in first turn and then I switch to Mamoswine while Garchomp's setting itself up., not to mention that the Garchomp's stats must be absolutely perfect. Mamoswine, just because of the typing, can have unperfect ivs and not quite the full set of evs (although how do you mess up evs?) and still get the kill with no problem. And most people that know how much slower Mamoswine is compared to their other pokemon know how dumb it would be for him to go after someone else, unless a Baton-Passer felt like giving it extra attack power first. Mamoswine could still kill Garchommp if they came in at the exact same time, and occasionally even if he's late. But it's just a smarter move for Mamoswine to lead a charge.

I will give you props on the mix-sweeping Garchomp set, although if Mamoswine's leading in, and Garchomp appears, the Garchomp gets hit by either an Ice-Shard, which removes it's berry and cripples it, gets hit with an Avalance, which also has the chance of instantly killing it, or it will see Mamoswine cursing, and will either hope to God it gets lucky with the Inaccurate Fireblast, assuming it's luck enough to survive the boosted Ice-Shard, or it use it's land-shark ability and run for the hill. Not to mention that I could exchange one of it's moves for Ice-Fang and still get the one hit kill, even with that berry in place.

I will admit that this is a pretty even match up. It just kinda depends on who's already there first though. A physical sweeping Garchomp that tries to Sword Dance will need Magmortar's help in unfreezing it's chomp. A special sweeping Garchomp is mainly scary against Dragon types, and still fears Ice-Shard. Your mixed chomper can still get instantly killed by Ice-Shard, although the fact that its Fireblast is scary enough to warrent Ice-fang's help does impress me.

If I really wanted to go through the tribulations to raise another Mamoswine to stop this new mixed-chomper, I'd probably let it use Hail and Blizzard, and allow it to have the ability Snow-Cloak. That makes Fireblast even more sketchy of an option, as well as giving Mamoswine a guaranted instant kill attack. But then again, the physical sweeping Mamoswine can get the job done just as well, with it's Ice-Shards. If I was really scared, I could even exchange the Never-Melt-Ice for a Life-Orb, all but insuring Garchomp's death.

Why do you guys still feel like hating on Mamoswine? From other dragons that outclass Garchomp with just as deadly physical and special attacks (Kingdra, Dragonite, Salamance) to pokemon that can take Garchomp's attacks and retaliate with even unstabbed Ice attacks to kill (Slowbro, Suicune, Swampert, Cresselia, Gyarados), and then there's plenty of Pokemon that outspeed Garchomp as well (Weavile, Gengar, choice-band Aerodactyl, choice-scarf Rampardos (another favorite), Jolteon with Choice Specs,) can do the job just as well as Mamoswine. Plus, plenty of others can survive through Garchomps attacks, from Lapras to Frossglass to Dusknoir to... do I have to repeat that list again from Niiro? This is getting repeditive.

Yet, this is very fun. I hope you aren't viewing me in a negative light, because I'm learning lots of different strategys and several different ideas are poping into my head now. Maybe we need to change our tones so that this isn't an arguement possibly getting ready to burst into Flamers, but rather a discussion over compeditive battling.

WouW

Smash Lord
First of all, read the message uptop that said that I know Tyranitar isn't vunerable to ice, but takes more damage from Ice than it does from Fire. There for, in the Ice-v-Fire-Debate, if you had a pokemon with both Flame-Thrower and Ice-Beam, it makes a little more sense to use Icebeam on Tyranitar, assuming it was your last option to do so.
With Sand Stream both are essentially NVE, so it shouldn't be on the 'weak to ice' list. There.

Second of all, I agree with Porygon-Z being too slow. I believe I was trying to say how it would be impossible for a Garchomp to switch into Porygon-Z, because after that one NastyPlot, Garchomp would be instantly killed by the Ice-Beam. Btw, if Blissey got switched in, it could still use a boosted Hyperbeam to kill it in one shot. Granted whatever pokemon was switched in after Blissey would probably kill it, but to stop the uber special wall, it would usually be a worthy sacrifice.
In order to counter, Porygon-Z must switch in to Garchomp, not the other way around.

3rd, why would my Lucario run away when a physical Lucario could use Ice-Punch or a special Lucario could use Dragon Pulse to kill your Garchomp?
Because Garchomp quakes you to hell before you do anything?
The thing is, you really have no idea how EVERYONE plays, so you can't predict EVERYONE'S ACTIONS, unless you are a psychic or a mind-reader, which I'm pretty sure you aren't, or you wouldn't be online.
Things that make sense are the most predictable. You don't have to be psychic for that.
Pokemon's not a big prediction game.
No.
You can choose to believe your enemy, or go about it your own way and still win. Whoever has the best stragety is the winner in pretty much anything.
There are no perfect strategies - anything can be countered. If you go your own way and get outpredicted, you're owned. Prediction is important.
That's how they do it in Brawl, that's how they do it in Sports, that's how they do it in War, that's how they do it in Love, and that's how they do it in Pokemon.
In all of these, you can predict things and prepare for it.
Just praying to God certian things won't happen or will go your way won't always save you. Having a good enough plan will.
And your good plan is? Doing the most logical things? Those can easily be outpredicted, and then your plan fails. Prediction > your plans.

The fact that you admited that people would be forced to switch Garchomp out from Mamoswine kinda proves that Mamoswine is scary enough to them to make them have to run from it or die, so Mamoswine is still a decent counter to him. :p
That is, if it's not the usual countering way of switching in. Mamoswine needs to switch in to counter it - and it can eat a boosted Outrage in the face before hitting it.
As for the physical sweeping set killing Mamoswine in 1 hit, that would onlly be if he is in first turn and then I switch to Mamoswine while Garchomp's setting itself up., not to mention that the Garchomp's stats must be absolutely perfect.
This is how counters go. Learn to play.
Mamoswine, just because of the typing, can have unperfect ivs and not quite the full set of evs (although how do you mess up evs?) and still get the kill with no problem.
Yay? We're talking competitively here. I don't care if Mamoswine is imperfect.
And most people that know how much slower Mamoswine is compared to their other pokemon know how dumb it would be for him to go after someone else, unless a Baton-Passer felt like giving it extra attack power first. Mamoswine could still kill Garchommp if they came in at the exact same time, and occasionally even if he's late. But it's just a smarter move for Mamoswine to lead a charge.
This is not how countering works.

I will give you props on the mix-sweeping Garchomp set, although if Mamoswine's leading in, and Garchomp appears, the Garchomp gets hit by either an Ice-Shard, which removes it's berry and cripples it, gets hit with an Avalance, which also has the chance of instantly killing it, or it will see Mamoswine cursing, and will either hope to God it gets lucky with the Inaccurate Fireblast, assuming it's luck enough to survive the boosted Ice-Shard, or it use it's land-shark ability and run for the hill. Not to mention that I could exchange one of it's moves for Ice-Fang and still get the one hit kill, even with that berry in place.
Why would a Garchomp switch in to Mamoswine in the first place?

I will admit that this is a pretty even match up. It just kinda depends on who's already there first though. A physical sweeping Garchomp that tries to Sword Dance will need Magmortar's help in unfreezing it's chomp. A special sweeping Garchomp is mainly scary against Dragon types, and still fears Ice-Shard. Your mixed chomper can still get instantly killed by Ice-Shard, although the fact that its Fireblast is scary enough to warrent Ice-fang's help does impress me.
Again, for countering, Mamoswine needs to come in last.

If I really wanted to go through the tribulations to raise another Mamoswine to stop this new mixed-chomper, I'd probably let it use Hail and Blizzard, and allow it to have the ability Snow-Cloak. That makes Fireblast even more sketchy of an option, as well as giving Mamoswine a guaranted instant kill attack. But then again, the physical sweeping Mamoswine can get the job done just as well, with it's Ice-Shards. If I was really scared, I could even exchange the Never-Melt-Ice for a Life-Orb, all but insuring Garchomp's death.
Have luck getting hail up with Tyranitar and Hippowdon everywhere?

Why do you guys still feel like hating on Mamoswine? From other dragons that outclass Garchomp with just as deadly physical and special attacks (Kingdra, Dragonite, Salamance)
Outclass? WTF!?
to pokemon that can take Garchomp's attacks and retaliate with even unstabbed Ice attacks to kill (Slowbro, Suicune, Swampert, Cresselia, Gyarados),
Yache Berry?
and then there's plenty of Pokemon that outspeed Garchomp as well (Weavile, Gengar, choice-band Aerodactyl, choice-scarf Rampardos (another favorite), Jolteon with Choice Specs,) can do the job just as well as Mamoswine.
Have luck switching in on an Outrage?
Plus, plenty of others can survive through Garchomps attacks, from Lapras to Frossglass to Dusknoir to... do I have to repeat that list again from Niiro? This is getting repeditive.
Fail. Not only the name, but the fact that it can now safely switch into outrage.

Yet, this is very fun. I hope you aren't viewing me in a negative light, because I'm learning lots of different strategys and several different ideas are poping into my head now. Maybe we need to change our tones so that this isn't an arguement possibly getting ready to burst into Flamers, but rather a discussion over compeditive battling.
90% of your 'strategys' fail.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Again, I never said that Ice was super effective against Tyranitar. I said that, and if you check the typing you'll see it to, that Tyranitar takes more damage, or is there fore more vunerable, to Ice than it is to Fire. On a random note, what does NVE me again? I'm not used to seeing just the letters and such. I'm better with full words. I have vision troubles.

I never said anything about Porygon-Z being able to counter it. I said that it could defeat it if raised right, unless Garchomp didn't want to stay in battle against it. Again, if Garchomp isn't perfectly raised, with absolutely perfect speed and offensive Iv and evs, Porygon-Z can even nail it in 1 shot with Ice-Beam, before it can do anything to stop it, unless it runs away.

I've used different Lucario and both of those attacks to kill a Garchomp before it could use Earthquake on me. I'm not trying to prove that it is a couner to Garchomp or anything, but it was in responce to Niiro saying you could predict things. And the fact is you really can't. See, most Garchomp users who see Lucario would either SD trying to predict that I'd run away (which would result in death from Dragon Pulse or Ice Punch), or would Earthquake, and unless it was trained in being uber fast (and I've still had my Lucario outrun even Jolly Garchomps)there's still a high chance it would still eat the Ice Punch or Dragon Pulse.

You'd be surprised how many times that things that seem to make sense don't. Outliers to statistical date are quite more frequently found than you'd think, despite how rare they are. And predictions can not matter a hill of beans if the person prediciting you running or powering up finds that you just slaughtered his best weapon. I'm wrong with saying that Pokemon isn't a prediction heavy game, since many people do have to pray to God that the chips naturally fall their way, or else they find that they lose. But strategy is just as, if not more important than prediction. If you plan for events to happen, prediction or not, and have the ways to take advantage of the sitation, you'll still win no problem.

You can't predict your enemy's every move in Brawl, and if you think you do, you are sadly mistaken. You can only go with your gut feeling or with how you've trained yourself to react in a sitation and hope for the best. Trying to predict an enemy's every move will get you a well timed tilt or smash, which will result in a lost stock. Granted the probablity of certain events happening in specific sitations rises greatly as those sitations occur, but you really can't predict every move that someone makes. If you think you can, then what the heck are you doing here arguing with me, when you could be flawlessly winning every single match in the game with any character of your choosing, making thousands of dollars per tournament? Tell me, doesn't that sound like wishful thinking? In sports, you can'r predict much of anything your opponents can do, although you do stand a chance of knowing the options that an enemy might make. Again, the team that is capable of predicting every single thing that any opponent in every situation can do should be making even more millions of dollars a day. We have a fine military, but we've lost several different battles in the past, and I doubt think we'll quite beat every single person in the future too, or else we wouldn't be worried about suicide bombers surprizing people and trying to blow us up. The security at airports wouldn't be nearly as obvious, and they'd be able to intercept every single one of the terrorists and stop them no problem. But again, that's wishful thinking, now isn't it. I would have completely just ignored you if you dared to think you could predict what's going to happen in love. I will admit that's not something you can plan much for either. You just do what you can to try to pelase. :p But in Pokemon, again, planning good strategies for different situations, and you'll find that you don't even have to Rely on predictions, and still beat your enemys.

And I never said you had to do the most logical thing to be able to win. Infact, doing things that people don't expect (and wouldn't predict since they weren't expecting it as being one of the situations they'd come accross) is still away to plan against your enemys, and is still away to defeat them.

Quite frequently, Mamoswine scares away most Garchomps just with his presence. He is bulky enough and has enough stamina to even withstand boosted attack (although I should try making a few more of them to see by exactly how many evs can be played where and still wishstand his techniques), and can retaliate either that turn with an instant kill Avalance, or two Ice-Shards which produce the same effect. Only a fool or someone with really good plans would stay in battle against something that it can't kill and is capable of killing it. In this case, I think Mamoswine makes an excelent counter. Infact, I should try breeding a few more of them and seeing what natures and stats lets him keep punishing Garchomp. He seems to fit all of the criteria for countering it. He can switch in to it's attacks, and either scare it off or kill him for staying. Not to mention that there's a heck of a lot of stats and ways for Mamoswine to be raised to win, but Garchomp must be raised absolutely perfect with completely unflawed stats for it to win. Btw, I thought that we were talking about just Garchomp and Mamoswine vs eachother for right now.

If we wanted to bring in extra help in doing so, we could have it set up so that there's 2 sets of toxic spikes, 3 sets of spikes, a stealthrock, and a future sight attack ready for Garchomp's entrance, or at the very least Obamasnow and his Snow-Warning would be enough to set up a Hailing/Blizzarding/Snow Cloak Mamoswine's rampage. But as you said, I thought that counters had to be going in by themselves against the alone enemy, not having extranious factors.

As for you having a heartattack about the other Dragons, Salamance's Intimidate would let him come in against even his physical attacks and makes the first SwordDance not an issue. After that, it's just who's faster, and my money would actually go either way, but I wouldn't mind betting on something that I've seen and done myself several times. Dragonites defenses lets him survive even Garvchomps assaults, letting Dragonite get its attacks off too. Kingda has awesome natural defenses and can also similarly get the job done with its attacks. The 3 of them survive against the best that Garchomp has to offer, and can still nail him with special dragon attacks. Ice-Beam is also to be considered, since 2x damage with the berry involved, with items assisting, and Garchomp still isn't going to last long. That's why all of the bulky pokemon with Ice attacks are also good ways to stop it. Lapras I like especially for her stab. I also like Dusknoir for burning Garchomp, not being vunerable to any of its attacks, and having a very meaty attack power itself to Ice-Punch with, or to use Shadow Punch or Shadow Sneak (which I don't trust only because it means that you have to hope the Garchomp is attacking, or it might Sword Dance again, making the Burn not nearly as special). Frossglass can do it too, and the stab makes its Icemoves all the more threatening. Pardon me for not being able to spell though. I don't use it too much to remember it's name, although you know who I'm talking about. :p

And dude, don't jump to freaking conclusions, or you might find yourself missing the target and falling into random and very painful situations. I'm not making threats, I'm just saying you should try to understand everything before you try to dis it. It's better to keep your mouth closed and for some people to think you are foolish, rather than to open your mouth and prove it to all. About the strategies comment, most of them aren't even applied to the whole "Garchomp v Mamoswine" thing. You probably don't know me, so I'll fill you in on one of the traits that makes me both a bother and incredibly fun to be around. I'm ADHD. Yes, it's a real mental disorder, it's not all Add. Add people have much easier times focusing. But adhd people are even more prone to their minds wandering and different thoughts poping into their heads. And that's what this thread has done for me. I'm learning new moves and strategies for pokemon that I probably wouldn't have considered in the past. Despite the negative air flowing around, this is quite productive for me, even if the products aren't related at all to the initial object of the conversation. You assumed that it was all about just this thread, but again, you can't read minds. You aren't a magician. Nice try though, and nice try with the quotes and trying to make everything I've said sound wrong, when they are actually quite accurate. I know that nothing but God is perfect, and I never said that anything I was doing was perfect. But I'm not doing a bad job with it either, and if you think I am, then you're probably just being stubborn because you dislike me already from our first impressions of eachother. I'd honestly prefer if you didn't try to judge me based on that, but get to know me better, try to understand who I am and where I'm coming from, and THEN make your judgements. 'k thanks.

Back to the true conversation of this thread, the OU tier. I have a very stupid question to ask, and this one probably will be flamed up, despite me wanting a discussion over compeditive battling. Where would Raichu be right now? Would he be in the Never used Tier, Borderline, or Underused? Because it seems that Pikachu usurps Raichu, having better physical proess and special proess. Raichu's raw stats make it pretty good though, and it wouldn't suffer as much from Knock Off or anything like that. Just kinda cursious since I haven't seen Raichu in battling in forever...

D

Deleted member

calm down kids.

chomp has no counters.

no counters =/= broken.

stop bitching.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Again, I never said that Ice was super effective against Tyranitar. I said that, and if you check the typing you'll see it to, that Tyranitar takes more damage, or is there fore more vunerable, to Ice than it is to Fire. On a random note, what does NVE me again? I'm not used to seeing just the letters and such. I'm better with full words. I have vision troubles.
nve=Not vry effective
I never said anything about Porygon-Z being able to counter it. I said that it could defeat it if raised right, unless Garchomp didn't want to stay in battle against it. Again, if Garchomp isn't perfectly raised, with absolutely perfect speed and offensive Iv and evs, Porygon-Z can even nail it in 1 shot with Ice-Beam, before it can do anything to stop it, unless it runs away.
this right now is theorymon, meaning that we consider everything to have max IVs, and EV trained perfectly
I've used different Lucario and both of those attacks to kill a Garchomp before it could use Earthquake on me. I'm not trying to prove that it is a couner to Garchomp or anything, but it was in responce to Niiro saying you could predict things. And the fact is you really can't. See, most Garchomp users who see Lucario would either SD trying to predict that I'd run away (which would result in death from Dragon Pulse or Ice Punch), or would Earthquake, and unless it was trained in being uber fast (and I've still had my Lucario outrun even Jolly Garchomps)there's still a high chance it would still eat the Ice Punch or Dragon Pulse.
this is again, theorymon. for something to be a counter, it can handle every possible outcome of what could happen, barring crits and secondary effects. Also Lucario is base 90 (i think) and Garchomp is 102, meaning garchomp will move first.
You'd be surprised how many times that things that seem to make sense don't. Outliers to statistical date are quite more frequently found than you'd think, despite how rare they are. And predictions can not matter a hill of beans if the person prediciting you running or powering up finds that you just slaughtered his best weapon. I'm wrong with saying that Pokemon isn't a prediction heavy game, since many people do have to pray to God that the chips naturally fall their way, or else they find that they lose. But strategy is just as, if not more important than prediction. If you plan for events to happen, prediction or not, and have the ways to take advantage of the sitation, you'll still win no problem.
prediction is atleast 50% of pokemon. the rest is luck and how good your team is.
You can't predict your enemy's every move in Brawl, and if you think you do, you are sadly mistaken. You can only go with your gut feeling or with how you've trained yourself to react in a sitation and hope for the best. Trying to predict an enemy's every move will get you a well timed tilt or smash, which will result in a lost stock. Granted the probablity of certain events happening in specific sitations rises greatly as those sitations occur, but you really can't predict every move that someone makes. If you think you can, then what the heck are you doing here arguing with me, when you could be flawlessly winning every single match in the game with any character of your choosing, making thousands of dollars per tournament? Tell me, doesn't that sound like wishful thinking? In sports, you can'r predict much of anything your opponents can do, although you do stand a chance of knowing the options that an enemy might make. Again, the team that is capable of predicting every single thing that any opponent in every situation can do should be making even more millions of dollars a day. We have a fine military, but we've lost several different battles in the past, and I doubt think we'll quite beat every single person in the future too, or else we wouldn't be worried about suicide bombers surprizing people and trying to blow us up. The security at airports wouldn't be nearly as obvious, and they'd be able to intercept every single one of the terrorists and stop them no problem. But again, that's wishful thinking, now isn't it. I would have completely just ignored you if you dared to think you could predict what's going to happen in love. I will admit that's not something you can plan much for either. You just do what you can to try to pelase. :p But in Pokemon, again, planning good strategies for different situations, and you'll find that you don't even have to Rely on predictions, and still beat your enemys.
things that arnt turned based are much harder to predict. but games such as Pokemon rely on prediction heavily. Strategies rely on predictions btw
And I never said you had to do the most logical thing to be able to win. Infact, doing things that people don't expect (and wouldn't predict since they weren't expecting it as being one of the situations they'd come accross) is still away to plan against your enemys, and is still away to defeat them.
yes doing this that people don't expect mean that you predict what they are gonna do, and you respond to that.
Quite frequently, Mamoswine scares away most Garchomps just with his presence. He is bulky enough and has enough stamina to even withstand boosted attack (although I should try making a few more of them to see by exactly how many evs can be played where and still wishstand his techniques), and can retaliate either that turn with an instant kill Avalance, or two Ice-Shards which produce the same effect. Only a fool or someone with really good plans would stay in battle against something that it can't kill and is capable of killing it. In this case, I think Mamoswine makes an excelent counter. Infact, I should try breeding a few more of them and seeing what natures and stats lets him keep punishing Garchomp. He seems to fit all of the criteria for countering it. He can switch in to it's attacks, and either scare it off or kill him for staying. Not to mention that there's a heck of a lot of stats and ways for Mamoswine to be raised to win, but Garchomp must be raised absolutely perfect with completely unflawed stats for it to win. Btw, I thought that we were talking about just Garchomp and Mamoswine vs eachother for right now.
yes, mamoswines do scare out garchomps, but thats only because (a) they don't have Yache Berry, (b) they don't feel like taking that much damage from one move, rather than just switch to something that can eliminate Mamo. But if it can down to 1v1, Garchomp would **** the **** out of mamoswine, unless it has some ******* gimmicky set. but again, i'm not too sure you know what a counter is. your "counter" relies on mindgaming garchomp. also, mamoswine can't take 2 outrage easily. again this is theorymon, we assume everything has max IVs and perfectly EV trained.
If we wanted to bring in extra help in doing so, we could have it set up so that there's 2 sets of toxic spikes, 3 sets of spikes, a stealthrock, and a future sight attack ready for Garchomp's entrance, or at the very least Obamasnow and his Snow-Warning would be enough to set up a Hailing/Blizzarding/Snow Cloak Mamoswine's rampage. But as you said, I thought that counters had to be going in by themselves against the alone enemy, not having extranious factors.
you are countering garchomp, not the other way around
As for you having a heartattack about the other Dragons, Salamance's Intimidate would let him come in against even his physical attacks and makes the first SwordDance not an issue. After that, it's just who's faster, and my money would actually go either way, but I wouldn't mind betting on something that I've seen and done myself several times. Dragonites defenses lets him survive even Garvchomps assaults, letting Dragonite get its attacks off too. Kingda has awesome natural defenses and can also similarly get the job done with its attacks. The 3 of them survive against the best that Garchomp has to offer, and can still nail him with special dragon attacks. Ice-Beam is also to be considered, since 2x damage with the berry involved, with items assisting, and Garchomp still isn't going to last long. That's why all of the bulky pokemon with Ice attacks are also good ways to stop it. Lapras I like especially for her stab. I also like Dusknoir for burning Garchomp, not being vunerable to any of its attacks, and having a very meaty attack power itself to Ice-Punch with, or to use Shadow Punch or Shadow Sneak (which I don't trust only because it means that you have to hope the Garchomp is attacking, or it might Sword Dance again, making the Burn not nearly as special). Frossglass can do it too, and the stab makes its Icemoves all the more threatening. Pardon me for not being able to spell though. I don't use it too much to remember it's name, although you know who I'm talking about. :p
lmao, are you for real? a +1 garchomp is still a MASSIVE threat. Outrage will still outsped and ohko it, unless it is extremely bulky. Dragonite can't take 2 unboosted Outrages. Laparas also won't enjoy outrages, Dusknoirs won't like outrages, frolass won't enjoy outrages. NOTHING LIKES OUTRAGES.
And dude, don't jump to freaking conclusions, or you might find yourself missing the target and falling into random and very painful situations. I'm not making threats, I'm just saying you should try to understand everything before you try to dis it. It's better to keep your mouth closed and for some people to think you are foolish, rather than to open your mouth and prove it to all. About the strategies comment, most of them aren't even applied to the whole "Garchomp v Mamoswine" thing. You probably don't know me, so I'll fill you in on one of the traits that makes me both a bother and incredibly fun to be around. I'm ADHD. Yes, it's a real mental disorder, it's not all Add. Add people have much easier times focusing. But adhd people are even more prone to their minds wandering and different thoughts poping into their heads. And that's what this thread has done for me. I'm learning new moves and strategies for pokemon that I probably wouldn't have considered in the past. Despite the negative air flowing around, this is quite productive for me, even if the products aren't related at all to the initial object of the conversation. You assumed that it was all about just this thread, but again, you can't read minds. You aren't a magician. Nice try though, and nice try with the quotes and trying to make everything I've said sound wrong, when they are actually quite accurate. I know that nothing but God is perfect, and I never said that anything I was doing was perfect. But I'm not doing a bad job with it either, and if you think I am, then you're probably just being stubborn because you dislike me already from our first impressions of eachother. I'd honestly prefer if you didn't try to judge me based on that, but get to know me better, try to understand who I am and where I'm coming from, and THEN make your judgements. 'k thanks.
*sighs* theorymon*
Back to the true conversation of this thread, the OU tier. I have a very stupid question to ask, and this one probably will be flamed up, despite me wanting a discussion over compeditive battling. Where would Raichu be right now? Would he be in the Never used Tier, Borderline, or Underused? Because it seems that Pikachu usurps Raichu, having better physical proess and special proess. Raichu's raw stats make it pretty good though, and it wouldn't suffer as much from Knock Off or anything like that. Just kinda cursious since I haven't seen Raichu in battling in forever...
Raichu is balls. UU at best. there is no BL tier anymore btw. Comments in bold
EDIT: holy ****, heracross ***** face.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
NVE= Not Very Effective. Ttar's Sandstorm and type combination make Ice Beam super weak.

Then why post random trivia?

Because every Porygon-Z runs Hyper Beam.

3rd, why would my Lucario run away when a physical Lucario could use Ice-Punch or a special Lucario could use Dragon Pulse to kill your Garchomp?
Well, for one thing, Garchomp is 12 Base Points faster than Lucario, so he isn't much of a problem.

The thing is, you really have no idea how EVERYONE plays, so you can't predict EVERYONE'S ACTIONS, unless you are a psychic or a mind-reader, which I'm pretty sure you aren't, or you wouldn't be online. You'd be in a small house getting money predicting everyone's death with Tarrot Cards. Pokemon's not a big prediction game. It's a strategy game. You can choose to believe your enemy, or go about it your own way and still win. Whoever has the best stragety is the winner in pretty much anything. That's how they do it in Brawl, that's how they do it in Sports, that's how they do it in War, that's how they do it in Love, and that's how they do it in Pokemon. Just praying to God certian things won't happen or will go your way won't always save you. Having a good enough plan will.
No, I can't predict exactly what you'll do every time, but I can make very accurate predictions. If I have a Zapdos out against a Gyarados, there is a good chance that he'd switch out to something immune to an Electric attack (Like Swampert), because he knows Zapdos would kill him otherwise. It's common sense, right?

I know that most people would switch out, so I'd use Grass Knot (or something like that) to suprise slam their switch in.

The fact that you admited that people would be forced to switch Garchomp out from Mamoswine kinda proves that Mamoswine is scary enough to them to make them have to run from it or die, so Mamoswine is still a decent counter to him. :p As for the physical sweeping set killing Mamoswine in 1 hit, that would onlly be if he is in first turn and then I switch to Mamoswine while Garchomp's setting itself up., not to mention that the Garchomp's stats must be absolutely perfect. Mamoswine, just because of the typing, can have unperfect ivs and not quite the full set of evs (although how do you mess up evs?) and still get the kill with no problem. And most people that know how much slower Mamoswine is compared to their other pokemon know how dumb it would be for him to go after someone else, unless a Baton-Passer felt like giving it extra attack power first. Mamoswine could still kill Garchommp if they came in at the exact same time, and occasionally even if he's late. But it's just a smarter move for Mamoswine to lead a charge.
So what? Garchomp was rarely a lead, and most people would never switch in Chompy on the pig. Chain Chomp set still kills Mamoswine.

I use Shoddy Battle (Screw D/P, I don't have hundreds of hours of my life to dedicate to raising Pokemon), so perfect IVs are never a problem.

Garchomp would NEVER appear to a Mamoswine unless it was an absolute last-ditch effort. NEVER. If it was Garchomp vs. Mamoswine for whatever reason, I would probably use my prediction skills to forsee an Ice move coming my way, and switch out to something that wouldn't mind it. Like Skarmory.

Exactly! It is all about who is out first.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Okay. Don't read into this too much. This comment is straight to Niiro, just like the last one was to the Deoxys dude, and the one before that to the "evil-cat" dude. The only reason I'm not commenting on aim straight to him is because this post is 2 Microsoft word pages long, and won't fit in an Aim text message. Zook, I'lll comment to you in a second. People, if you aren't Niiro, please don't even worry about this post. I'll get to your comments in a second.

Without futher delay *charges energy* PREPARE FOR MY WALL OF TEXT ATTACK, NIIRO! *fires*

First of all, thank you for the NVE. Although it’s only Firemoves that are made not very effective against Tyranitar. Ice moves still full damage, which again, makes them a better choice to a pokemon with only Flamethrower and Ice beam left against it.

Of course Porygon-Z is theory right now. I can’t test it because my game’s gone. But this is just recalling different memories from the past, as well as generalizations about stats and such. Speaking of which, I bet Porygon –Z could skip the middleman of Ice Beam and with all of the bonuses of Stab, Adaptablity, and an item on its side, outright 1 hit kill Garchomp instantly with Hyperbeam, but Garchomp might still Earthquake it before hand. Then again, this is all theory. We’d need to test it in accurate controlled environments and see how well it would do. I NEED MY GAMES BACK SO I CAN DO THIS TESTING RIGHT! I wonder if I can use Battle-Revolution to accurately test this.

And about the whole predicting your enemy thing, again, in the real games (which is where most of the things on forums should be tested on), I've used a high iv speed and special ev Lucario (I named it Brawlario) to slay Garchomps. Most of them assume that he'd run away at the first fight of a chomp, and sword dance while Lucario goes to town. I've even 1 hit killed them before hand with my moves. And one of them that did survive the first Dragon Pulse found themselves still dying due to extremespeed. Not everything can be predicted, despite how important it is to predict.

If I really wanted concrete counters, even with the berry involved, anything that has bulky defenses and offenses and that also packs dual Ice-Shards is capable of being listed as a counter. If you want predictions (which I admit, thinkning about it now, Predicting and Strategisting are the same thing, I can’t be stubborn and say I’m not predicting the possibilities of the Garchomp’s attacks), I predict that Dewgong, definitely Cloyster, Lapras, Articuno (assuming it isn’t an uber), Donphan, Glaile, Glaceon, my Mamoswine, and Froslass all have the stats to pull it off… weird that most of the pokemon that can learn Ice-Shard at all come packed with the stats to use the move. The only others include all of these’s unevolved forms, Delibirdy, Obamasnow, Weavile and Smeargle. But still, survive the first hit while Ice-Sharding, and the berry goes buh-bye. Then, especially since it’s already weakened, the 2nd Ice-Shard ends it. This is also, of course, theory on my part, but many of these have high hp and defenses, and you don’t even need too much offense to kill while doing x2 and then 4x the damage. The occasional nevermeltice helps, but these guys still can
get the job done this way.

But there is still Avalance. Anything that is capable of surviving the hit and countering with Avalance gets a guaranteed instant kill. The list gets much bigger at that point, including Blastoice, Slowbro, Kangaskhan, Starmie, Gyarados, Lapras, Articuno, Feraligatr (one of my favorite starters), Slowking, …maybe Ursarang…, Suicune (my favorite of the 3 Dogs), …maybe Tyranitar..., Swampert, …maybe Wailord (crapy defense makes it iffy, but it actually has better defense and similar hp to Blissey)…, Crawdaunt, Milotic, Castform (not nearly as questionable as you’d think), Glalie, Walrein, Regice, Empoleon, …maybe Obamasnow (although I feel that if it can survive the hit, it should just use a never-miss-in-hail-Blizzard attack and skip the friggin middleman), Rhyperior (Solid Rock seems borderline rigged. It doesn’t even need a berry to save its skin :p), Glaceon, Mamoswine (I LOVE YOU BEHEMOTH! <3), and Froslass. All of these pokemon (except for Castform and Wailord) have the basic defense stats that, if breed right, lets them survive that first hit, and if they survive the first hit, Garchomp may as well kill itself first, so it doesn’t feel the instant killing 4x (occasionally stabbed) item boosted Avalance (the hit first effect counters the effect of the berry, btw). And if Garchomp is some how still alive, it will be at the point where anything that outspeeds it (and there’s around 30 none ubers that do it naturally), can use a priority or priority stab move (I don’t have to make a list for this do I?), or that have the attack to use a choice scarf (which means almost anything from Pikachu to even Regigigas. :p) to floor whatever frozen remains of Garchomp are still in play, assuming it some how did live from the Avalance and knocked out the pokemon still in play,since some of them are capable of living through multiple hits. Other riskier possibilities (that I don’t see happening, but still have the move and potential to try) include Nidoqueen, Nidoking (one of my other favorites), Jinx, Blissey (against a special chomp maybe, but not against a physical one), Exploud, Aggron (if it had maxed defense and hp, it MIGHT but I don’t see it surviving an Earthquake without the berry, and it would still be hard as heck to live through one of Garchomp’s Earthquakes), Sharpedo, Rampardos (it has the attack power to switch in while a Sword Dance goes on, and instantly stop the party with Ice-Fang, but lacks the defense to use Avalance right. Better off giving it a Choice-Scarf and letting it Rampage rather than try to take a hit), Bastidon (a 4x weakness to Earthquake instantly says no, otherwise it would be a perfect Avalance candidate), Weavile (it’s better off using it’s attack power and speed to go for the instant kill, rather than using a questionable defense and praying to take a hit),and Smeargle (who might be able to learn every move, but does not have the stats to back up straight up attacking). This second set of pokemon can still use Avalance, but might not live to be able to use it, and some of them are better off fighting other pokemon, or trying to use different methods to take it down (Weavile and Rampardos again, very note worthy examples).

In 1v1 combat, both of them coming in at the same time, Mamoswine can still take down Garchomp using either them Avalance move or the Ice-Shard attacks, and there are still possibilities of him doing it even after Garchomp has had a turn to boost while Mamoswine switches in. I’ve had the luck of being able to do so in the past with my Brave Mamoswine, but one with a defensive nature that reduces speed, with about 250 evs in defense, 150 of them in hp, and the other 100 in offense can probably come in after the Power-up and still survive, which means that Garchomp isn’t going to be living much longer.

As for me countering Garchomp, another dude was talking about how that Mamoswine couldn’t use hail and Snow-Cover to avoid Fireblast and then proceed to 1 hit kill with Blizzard, because of the influence of Tyranitar and Hippodon. But he had been arguing about Mamoswine countering it by himself, and yet he felt like adding in the elements of two other Pokemon to be an issue. And if he wants to bring in help, nothing says that Mamoswine couldn’t have anyone supporting him too, from all of the entry hazards to an already set up Hail. You seem to overestimate Outrage, because plenty of defensive Pokemon (a heck of a lot if not most of them listed above) can survive a hit and fight back. Salamance might not have an ice move to use after Intimidating Garchomp, but it can still target Garchomp’s weaker special defense to blast it, and with a choice scarf and Draco Meteor, Garchomp’s chance of living is incredibly limited. If it takes two Ice-Beams to kill a defense eved Dragonite, then it can live through 1 outrage and attack with it’s own ice or dragon attacks, or heck, use other moves that still do damage. It’s not like Garchomp is that uber. And Dusknoir’s stats means that Garchomp would have to be a special sweeping variant in order to fight it. It defends against it’s physical moves easily with a meaty defense and hp, can burn it to make them not nearly as effective, and has ice moves and ghost moves to break it.

Also, don’t label everything I say as theory. Get on the actual games and test them out yourself, and you’ll see they aren’t as “theorymon” as you think. Not to mention that the last part of that that you labeled as “Theorymon” wasn’t even about Pokemon, but about the war against me for not beliving in Garchomp. It’s honestly not as good as people think. Don’t treat it like the way scrubs treat Metaknight. Or I’ll have absolutely no reason to give a crap about anything you have to say, simply because you give up far too easier than you should… which is weird in itself… people act like Metaknight is unbeatable, and will defend that to the ends of the earth, and yet if they put that much effort into kicking his butt, they’d find that it’s much easier to do than they thought….

Again, my Wall of Text attack was aimed at Niiro. If you have something to say, you can say it, but I feel like using my brain more than I used to, so it will take me a while to get back to you on your comments. And Zook, I'll get yours charged up as soon as I'm done with my college application.

And anyone is still hung up on the whole "Yachechomp" has no counters thing, there are plenty of pokemon blessed with even higher defenses than Mamoswine does, capable of surviving even boosted versions of it's attacks, and that can respond back with powerful Avalances (see above if you're so interested in them), and others that can use Dual Ice-Shards if the chomp tries to dance before it attacks, putting its little party on ice (again, see up). And I really haven't even explored using special attackers that can get through Garchomps assaults either, and there are plenty of them.

Niiro, since you guys don't seem to like actually testing these and playing it out to find the truth, go ahead and use your Emulator. Calculate the high amount of hp, attack, defense, and special defense that most of these pokemon have. And then calculate how much damage Avalance or Ice-Shard will do to Garchomp. Again, if any of the Ice-Sharders can survive the first hit and get it off (which most of them can), they instanly kill Garchomp the second turn. And if the Avalancers can survive the first hit and use Avalance, Garchomp instantly dies, even with the Berry in place. Please read your Wall of Text attack and find this out for yourself. :p

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Heck yeah, do we even really need to have too much of a specialized Ice-Type to do the job anyone else does? Ice is just so common because of all of the flying, Grass, ground and dragons that appear in play total, but there are plenty of creatures that can still slaughter even Garchomp with no problem.

Also, I just love Mamoswine. He's awesomesauce.

Niiro

Smash Ace
And anyone is still hung up on the whole "Yachechomp" has no counters thing, there are plenty of pokemon blessed with even higher defenses than Mamoswine does, capable of surviving even boosted versions of it's attacks, and that can respond back with powerful Avalances (see above if you're so interested in them), and others that can use Dual Ice-Shards if the chomp tries to dance before it attacks, putting its little party on ice (again, see up). And I really haven't even explored using special attackers that can get through Garchomps assaults either, and there are plenty of them.
Yachechomp has no counters. Everything you listed before will be OHKOd-2HKOd by Garchomps moves. sorry. But Garchomp is not uber imo. Just because something has no counters does not mean it is broken. It just means a pokemon is good lol. IMO, Garchomp is no more 'broken' than Scizor is, because the only thing that ****ing counters Scizor is Scarftran if he has no Superpower, Rotom-h if he has no nightslash, Cressie and crew if it has no X-scissor, Steel-types if it has no superpower, Gyrados/other bulky waters that outspeed scizor/moltres if it has no quick attack. quick attack on scizor is broken ^^
and holy ****, have i said that heracross with this set is ****ing ridiculous?
Heracross@Choice band/scarf
252attack/252 speed
Guts: adamant
~close combat
~Stone Edge
~Megahorn
~Sleep talk
No ****ing johns man.

Niiro

Smash Ace
i'm to lazy to put everything into ownpurpose. but whats the new site called? need orly to send me dat...
and most moltres aren't that bulky >.<

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Hey Zook! This one's smaller, but here's your..

WALL OF TEXT ATTACK! *fires*

First of all, the "trivia" was about an earlier argument about which type is more common an attacking type. I felt like adding in i ntelligent input, so I color-coded every pokemon that was more vunerable to Fire or Ice, deleting the rest that took the exact same from both, for the people concerned about the priorities of the two types. It's not random. It was relevant to that part of the conversation.

Second, it's actually qutie common for a Porygon to have Hyper Beam as one of it's moves. Granted, it's more likelly for them to come with Tri-Beam and Nasty plot, but still, with Hidden-Power Ground to deal with steel types and to help with lots of ghost types (granted Dark Pulse does a better job), a Porygon-Z can choose to have either Ice-Beam or Hyper Beam in the last slot, and since Porygon-Z can instantly kill a Blissey with Hyperbeam, using it on any other non-normal-resistant creature seems like a pretty smart move. It's not going to be guaranteed on a moveset for Porygon-Z, but Hyperbeam is still an incredibly viable move.

Third, if I had a nickel for every time a Garchomp underestimated a choice-scarf or Jolly Lucario, I'd be rich. Again, special sweepers have Dragon Pulse, and Physical Sweepers have Ice-Punch. Either way, with so many people underestimating and predicitng it being an easy kill, they quite frequently use Sword Dance, and end up being destroyed by it. Heck, untrained right, and Garchomp is occasionally unable to outrun Lucario as well. :p Another for Lucario to get the job done include a quite common Endure+Salac Berry+Reversal move, for the smart Garchomps that start of Earthquaking. I don't mean to flame or anything, but only an Idiot would underestimate Lucario, even those who can counter it (good poison, fighting, and fast/bulky possibly choice psychics).

4th, you really underestimate how much a person might plan for your different threats. Against a Zapdos, I wouldn't run with Gyarados. Not when with a high enough attack power, I can 1 hit kill it with Ice-Fang (I seem to love Ice, don't I?) or Stone Edge. Heck, if I think it might use a move designed for a ground type pokemon (which I personally wouldn't want to take that risk), I could crazily use Dragon Dance first, ensuring the kill the next turn. People assume you use common-sense, but do you think the people who made the Telephone had Common-Sense? They did what felt right, and that, along with good plans and strategy, and admitably luck, is what will win battles.

5th, Mamoswine can still beat that Mixed-Sweeping-Yacheberry set. However, I admit that my Behemoth can't do it by himself. However, modify him a little bit (I already checked the math), and another Mamoswine can still do the job just fine. Try a Mamoswine that gives up 100 of it's attack evs to it's special defense, and it Relaxes it's nature instead of being Brave. That version of Mamoswine can stop even your 2nd Yacheberry Chomp, while my Brave version would be able to take down all others. That version of Garchomp's Earthquake isn't capable of an instant kill, even with Sword Dance. Draco-Meteor can't get the instant kill either, not to mention that it makes Fire-blast worthless if used first. And amazingly enough, not even Fireblast can instantly kill the new version of Mamoswine. Meanwhile, all these wiffed attacks makes Avalance an instant kill, or Mamoswine could still use dual Ice-Shards to kill Garchomp. Even with REDUCED ATTACK POWER, The first cuts away 52% of it's max hp, even with the Yache berry in effect. The second one is capable of doing enough to instantly kill Garchomp, and if it didn't have the berry, it would have 1 hit killed it period.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. See those two tusks? Mamoswine ***** Garchomp, and those tusks are how Mamoswine does it. Although I sent the first wall of text to Niiro, you should check it for a list of Pokemon that have even bulkier defenses than Mamoswine has, with decent offenses and access Ice-Shard, or those with even stronger defenses who can sit through an attack and then use Avalance. Those pokemon have the potentil and the capacity to destroy Garchomp. He's not uncounterable. There are other ways of getting the job done too. I just like Mamoswine. He's a pretty good counter too.

And about the "it's all about who's there first" thing? As long as the Pokemon's stats aren't bad enough that Garchomp can get a 2 hit kill, then they can show up late and still get the job done perfectly. Heck, there are others with high powered stats with good priority moves who can do this too. I like Dusknoir. :p But these pokemon are usually to show up late and fi nish the job. If Garchomp CAN live through them and somehow does beat them, then by that point, it's lost more than half ot it's hp, and whatever comes next can step in and get the kill by themselves.

WouW

Smash Lord
Hey Zook! This one's smaller, but here's your..

WALL OF TEXT ATTACK! *fires*

First of all, the "trivia" was about an earlier argument about which type is more common an attacking type. I felt like adding in i ntelligent input, so I color-coded every pokemon that was more vunerable to Fire or Ice, deleting the rest that took the exact same from both, for the people concerned about the priorities of the two types. It's not random. It was relevant to that part of the conversation.
The point is that Tyranitar is not vulnerable to Ice. Screw it if you only have Flamethrower or Ice Beam against it, but really. Tyranitar resists both - it's not vulnerable to ice.

Second, it's actually qutie common for a Porygon to have Hyper Beam as one of it's moves. Granted, it's more likelly for them to come with Tri-Beam and Nasty plot, but still, with Hidden-Power Ground to deal with steel types and to help with lots of ghost types (granted Dark Pulse does a better job), a Porygon-Z can choose to have either Ice-Beam or Hyper Beam in the last slot, and since Porygon-Z can instantly kill a Blissey with Hyperbeam, using it on any other non-normal-resistant creature seems like a pretty smart move. It's not going to be guaranteed on a moveset for Porygon-Z, but Hyperbeam is still an incredibly viable move.
Prepare to be set up on and getting your team ***** whenever you use Hyper Beam.

Third, if I had a nickel for every time a Garchomp underestimated a choice-scarf or Jolly Lucario, I'd be rich. Again, special sweepers have Dragon Pulse, and Physical Sweepers have Ice-Punch. Either way, with so many people underestimating and predicitng it being an easy kill, they quite frequently use Sword Dance, and end up being destroyed by it. Heck, untrained right, and Garchomp is occasionally unable to outrun Lucario as well. :p Another for Lucario to get the job done include a quite common Endure+Salac Berry+Reversal move, for the smart Garchomps that start of Earthquaking. I don't mean to flame or anything, but only an Idiot would underestimate Lucario, even those who can counter it (good poison, fighting, and fast/bulky possibly choice psychics).
Easy kill means Earthquake, not Swords Dance. You know something is wrong whenever your opponent sends in Lucario against Garchomp. Not to mention that he could just get quaked on the switch.

4th, you really underestimate how much a person might plan for your different threats. Against a Zapdos, I wouldn't run with Gyarados. Not when with a high enough attack power, I can 1 hit kill it with Ice-Fang (I seem to love Ice, don't I?) or Stone Edge. Heck, if I think it might use a move designed for a ground type pokemon (which I personally wouldn't want to take that risk), I could crazily use Dragon Dance first, ensuring the kill the next turn. People assume you use common-sense, but do you think the people who made the Telephone had Common-Sense? They did what felt right, and that, along with good plans and strategy, and admitably luck, is what will win battles.
Prepare to get your Gyarados his *** bolted.

5th, Mamoswine can still beat that Mixed-Sweeping-Yacheberry set. However, I admit that my Behemoth can't do it by himself. However, modify him a little bit (I already checked the math), and another Mamoswine can still do the job just fine. Try a Mamoswine that gives up 100 of it's attack evs to it's special defense, and it Relaxes it's nature instead of being Brave.
Can it eat a Draco Meteor on the switch? And then another (half-power, but still) thereafter? Or another combination of the moves it has? I guess no.
That version of Mamoswine can stop even your 2nd Yacheberry Chomp, while my Brave version would be able to take down all others.
Can you like predict what kind of Chomp your opponent has? No.
That version of Garchomp's Earthquake isn't capable of an instant kill, even with Sword Dance. Draco-Meteor can't get the instant kill either, not to mention that it makes Fire-blast worthless if used first. And amazingly enough, not even Fireblast can instantly kill the new version of Mamoswine. Meanwhile, all these wiffed attacks makes Avalance an instant kill, or Mamoswine could still use dual Ice-Shards to kill Garchomp. Even with REDUCED ATTACK POWER, The first cuts away 52% of it's max hp, even with the Yache berry in effect. The second one is capable of doing enough to instantly kill Garchomp, and if it didn't have the berry, it would have 1 hit killed it period.
Eat a Fire Blast on the switch, and a Draco Meteor thereafter. Good luck Avalanching.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. See those two tusks? Mamoswine ***** Garchomp, and those tusks are how Mamoswine does it. Although I sent the first wall of text to Niiro, you should check it for a list of Pokemon that have even bulkier defenses than Mamoswine has, with decent offenses and access Ice-Shard, or those with even stronger defenses who can sit through an attack and then use Avalance. Those pokemon have the potentil and the capacity to destroy Garchomp. He's not uncounterable. There are other ways of getting the job done too. I just like Mamoswine. He's a pretty good counter too.
Does Mamoswine now use Ice Shard with his tusks? Lol. Also, if your Mamo does 52% with Ice Shard (and it is the strongest user thereof) then the others might even fail to 2HKO.

And about the "it's all about who's there first" thing? As long as the Pokemon's stats aren't bad enough that Garchomp can get a 2 hit kill, then they can show up late and still get the job done perfectly. Heck, there are others with high powered stats with good priority moves who can do this too. I like Dusknoir. :p But these pokemon are usually to show up late and fi nish the job. If Garchomp CAN live through them and somehow does beat them, then by that point, it's lost more than half ot it's hp, and whatever comes next can step in and get the kill by themselves.
About the first part: Don't know what the hell you are saying. Also, if Garchomp has already killed a Poké or two, it has already done its job. Countering is not sacrificing two pokés to weaken it and next up something with a priority move. It doesn't go like that.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Okau, Wouw, get off of my case and actually read what's being said, or just shut up. Honestly. This is probably my smallest Wall of Text attack yet, but here goes. *fires*

I never said that I could super-effective-kill Tyranitar with an Ice-Attack. What was said is that it takes MORE DAMAGE from Ice than it does from Fire.

And dude, once I get my game back, I'd personally like to battle you and see just how badly my team gets ***** when I 1 hit kill anything in my path with Hyperbeam. :p

Quite a few times Lucario has lived just enough through an Earthquake to respond with Ice-Punch or Dragonpulse, and then end it with Extremespeed. A few times, it's been able to just 1 hit kill with Ice-Punch before the Garchomp can even quake. Again, stop using your computer simulations, pick up the Ds, do the work and calculations for yourself, and then tell me what you think.

I'm not going to get my butt bolted when your Zapdos is trying to pick the stones and/or ice out of it's butt. Again, stop the friggin simluations and actually play the game.

And yeah, it can eat both Draco-meteors and still use it's Ice-Shard. The 3rd or any other doesn't matter though, since it's already hit with a 2nd Ice-shard, or killed the turn of the 2nd meteor or Earthquake for that matter, by using Avalance.

True I can't predict your type of chomper, but I can still use my Mamoswine for great effect against them. And you really can't predict what stats my Mamoswine will have either, so you don't really know how you'd try to deal with it. :p

I've found another type that deals with specifc special sweepers, and with a Sassy nature and spread out evs in special defense, hp, attack and defense, it is STILL capable of living through both a Fireblast and Draco Meteor. Again, the 3rd move wouldn't matter, since it would be dead by then due to either Avalance or Ice-Shard.

Ah, but the beauty of it is that there are others that do the job JUST as well. Infact, Ice-Shard and Avalance aren't even really required. Solid defenses with good priority moves, and or a good "hit me and I'll double damage smack you back" move can do the job quite as well. I kinda like Blastoice for not being vunerable to any of the specific attacks, having Avalance, and being able to use Stab Aqua Jet. Dusnkoir is also good, with Willo-wisp, Shadow Punch, Payback, and Pain-Split. It just depends on your situatiion, but there's lots of ways to win.

And dude, after it gets ***** by Ice-Shard to the point where it's crippled, it's not going to kill anything else. It would get murked even harder by the several different species of pokemon that move faster than it and punish it. The Ice-Sharders or Avalancers can get the job done alone, and assuming by some black-magic or cheat that it some how survives, it will be at the point where even UU pokemon can switch in and finish the job. The priority and damage-taking-attack-doubling Pokemon all can do quite a good job of punishing Garchomp, some of them even necesiating 3 hit kills. And by then, Garchomp is no more. I believe that THAT is how Countering works. Again, get your butt up off of the computer, go walk around outside, pick the rusty Ds out of your pocket, put a Pokemon game inside of it, and actually PLAY it. You'd be surprised what you can learn by doing so.

Ps. Anything defensive with Hail and Blizzard can also get the job done right. It just takes a little experimenting. There are lots of other ways to do so as well.

Top Bottom