• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

=O new OU List without Gallade =O

Niiro

Smash Ace
Aerodactyl
Alakazam
Azelf
Blissey
Breloom
Bronzong
Celebi
Cresselia
Donphan
Dragonite
Dugtrio
Dusknoir
Electivire
Empoleon
Flygon
Forretress
Gengar
Gliscor
Gyarados
Heatran
Heracross
Hippowdon
Infernape
Jirachi
Jolteon
Kingdra
Lucario
Machamp
Magnezone
Mamoswine
Metagross
Ninjask
Porygon-Z
Rhyperior
Rotom-A
Salamence
Scizor
Skarmory
Snorlax
Starmie
Suicune
Swampert
Tentacruel
Togekiss
Tyranitar
Vaporeon
Weavile
Yanmega
Zapdos

Smogon said so =D
+1

WouW

Smash Lord
Just to make the changes clear for everybody:

+Flygon
+Empoleon
+Rotom-A
+Rhyperior

-Gallade

And yeah, I've never ever seen Gallade on Shoddy. Suppose it's not that popular/good.
*puts flame shield up*

Niiro

Smash Ace
Just to make the changes clear for everybody:

+Flygon
+Empoleon
+Rotom-A
+Rhyperior

-Gallade

And yeah, I've never ever seen Gallade on Shoddy. Suppose it's not that popular/good.
*puts flame shield up*
*points to the door*
+1

Niiro

Smash Ace
Isn't Gardevoir outclassed by Uxie, Cressie, and all those other bulky Physics?
+1

WouW

Smash Lord
I'll show people how Gardevoir can be considered an OU :p
Being OU or BL depends on usage. You'd have to come with something really good outclassing Uxie or Cresselia and having a lot of Cressie-users pick Gardevoir instead.

With 4546 usages (97th place) last month, you'd really have to play a lot.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Being OU or BL depends on usage. You'd have to come with something really good outclassing Uxie or Cresselia and having a lot of Cressie-users pick Gardevoir instead.

With 4546 usages (97th place) last month, you'd really have to play a lot.
OOh, I thought OU/BL/ext was a tier list, nevermind then.

Niiro

Smash Ace
I also heard that they are doing away with the BL tier or something like that.

A_man13

Smash Master
yup, but allot of people like to SS, SR, and die *cough*A_man*cough*
IT DOESN'T DO JUST THAT. It also EQs...

But if it weren't for the sandstorm facter I really wouldn't use it. On a good day it can kill 2 pokes and scouts/weakens the rest, but otherwise that hippo is gone.

And hippo use is still pretty wide spread. Not as common, but still good.

WouW

Smash Lord
OOh, I thought OU/BL/ext was a tier list, nevermind then.
It is a tier list.

There are four tiers.

Ubers
Overused
Underused
Neverused (not shown at Smogon)

BL aka Borderline is just anything too strong for UU.

Zook said:
And why is Hippowdon still OU? Haven't people realized by now that the only thing he does it set up SS and SR, and then die?
Because having massive HP and Defense and a recovery move makes it a very good wall?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
IT DOESN'T DO JUST THAT. It also EQs...

But if it weren't for the sandstorm factor I really wouldn't use it. On a good day it can kill 2 pokes and scouts/weakens the rest, but otherwise that hippo is gone.

And hippo use is still pretty wide spread. Not as common, but still good.
if it wasn't for your stupid jirachi I would have won last nigh:ohwell:

they should give gliscor SS, that would be nice

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
I still like Gardevoir, I've had one of my Gardevoir's survive a Scarfed Garchomp's Outrage, then kill it with Icy wind. (Without a focus shash, mind you.)

Gardevoir is much more bulky then people realize, and still does more damage then Crisellia, Now if she could learn recover, then Gardevoir would be set.

A_man13

Smash Master
Smogon banned it. Lots of people still use it, myself included.
I get why chomp was banned, but I would still use it if I had my DP. It's a monster in the right hands, but that's why the banned it, no?

if it wasn't for your stupid jirachi I would have won last nigh:ohwell:

they should give gliscor SS, that would be nice
My jirachi is just too good and it's my top priority to deal with anything that is water type. I have to work to keep it alive, though. It can take a slipup or so, but the minute it dies the bulky waters like to sweep my team. And I don't call a 5-0 loss one to have the "I would've won" clause attached.

Why, no sand veil hax?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
why do you use him?
A lot of people out there don't believe that Garchomp should be Uber.

I still like Gardevoir, I've had one of my Gardevoir's survive a Scarfed Garchomp's Outrage, then kill it with Icy wind. (Without a focus shash, mind you.)

Gardevoir is much more bulky then people realize, and still does more damage then Crisellia, Now if she could learn recover, then Gardevoir would be set.
Gardevoir is still outclassed by the other OU Psychics. Sure she can wall, but Cress, Claydol and Bronzong do it better. She can try to special sweep, but Alakazam has better sweeping stats.

Gardevoir does get TBolt, which is good, but other than that, it isn't great.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Yes.

Also, no Slowbro? The thing is a beast. And why is Hippowdon still OU? Haven't people realized by now that the only thing he does it set up SS and SR, and then die?
Learn to not fail n00b ;P

Hippo is one hell of a wall, and it's the best thing to have against the newly OU Rhyperior. It's HP/Defense mean it can even take +2 hits like a champ and Slack Off is no joke. It's also probably the 2nd best physical phazer in the game(right behind Skarmory) and at least it can't be trapped.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Learn to not fail n00b ;P

Hippo is one hell of a wall, and it's the best thing to have against the newly OU Rhyperior. It's HP/Defense mean it can even take +2 hits like a champ and Slack Off is no joke. It's also probably the 2nd best physical phazer in the game(right behind Skarmory) and at least it can't be trapped.
I was being sarcastic there, just so everyone knows.

Still, I believe Hippowdon is a bit overrated. I've never seen him do anything myself except set up a sand storm and some rocks, switch out, and die late game. Maybe it's because I fight sucky people.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
My jirachi is just too good and it's my top priority to deal with anything that is water type. I have to work to keep it alive, though. It can take a slipup or so, but the minute it dies the bulky waters like to sweep my team. And I don't call a 5-0 loss one to have the "I would've won" clause attached.

Why, no sand veil hax?
I could have if it wasn't for your jirachi, swampy and dusknoir are my main guys

I was being sarcastic there, just so everyone knows.

Still, I believe Hippowdon is a bit overrated. I've never seen him do anything myself except set up a sand storm and some rocks, switch out, and die late game. Maybe it's because I fight sucky people.
HEY!!, that's not nice:p

D

Deleted member

I use 499 speed scarfchomp as a revenge killer. it's the only pokemon I can think of that has that combination of speed and bulkiness to switch into something hurt and threaten a KO on almost anything in the game. I also enjoy its use as a solid Heatran counter, among other things.

I don't think chomp is overpowered, nor do I mind fighting them if my opponent uses them. Chomp rarely invests any defense, rarely has any deviation from its normal sets, and has no instant recovery move. Aside from Sand Veil, which doesn't break it IMO, it still goes down relatively quickly. I don't really see the issue.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Well, my Gardevoir can take out an alakazam and a crisellia Back to back and win, its more of an all around pokemon, being able to adapt to anything. Don't forget Trace too, Imagine tracing a Wounderguard or Magic armor (The ability Clefary/Clefable get.) very very handy.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
I use 499 speed scarfchomp as a revenge killer. it's the only pokemon I can think of that has that combination of speed and bulkiness to switch into something hurt and threaten a KO on almost anything in the game. I also enjoy its use as a solid Heatran counter, among other things.

I don't think chomp is overpowered, nor do I mind fighting them if my opponent uses them. Chomp rarely invests any defense, rarely has any deviation from its normal sets, and has no instant recovery move. Aside from Sand Veil, which doesn't break it IMO, it still goes down relatively quickly. I don't really see the issue.
well, for one, it actually doesnt go down really quickly, and there is no totally safe counter to it. also, its sheer spontaneity of sets maybe an a problem, but that is another issue

^^^ beating alakazam and creselia proves nothing. gardevoir still pales in comparison to them. it had hypnosis, but now its not good anymore

WouW

Smash Lord
Well, my Gardevoir can take out an alakazam and a crisellia Back to back and win, its more of an all around pokemon, being able to adapt to anything. Don't forget Trace too, Imagine tracing a Wounderguard or Magic armor (The ability Clefary/Clefable get.) very very handy.
I get that Gardevoir owns **** and all, but it still needs to be used before it goes to OU.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Gardevoir can take out Alakazam, but wouldn't Alakazam usually just OHKO it with a Shadow Ball?

Trace is a very good ability. I've had fun using Gardevoir to switch in on Scarftrans trying to Flamethrower sweep.

Niiro

Smash Ace
IMO, porygon 2 is a better trace user, but that could just be me =/

A_man13

Smash Master
I could have if it wasn't for your jirachi, swampy and dusknoir are my main guys
That is true. Jirachi practically caters for my team's need of a swampert counter. If it wasn't for jirachi, I likely would've lost (as it was my sandstorm tem).

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Gardevoir has trace?

If the set zook gave me for a certain pokemon(zook, don't say it) I might be able to win next time:)

D

Deleted member

well, for one, it actually doesnt go down really quickly, and there is no totally safe counter to it. also, its sheer spontaneity of sets maybe an a problem, but that is another issue
lots of pokemon have no counters. I don't see anyone *****ing about salamence.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
lots of pokemon have no counters. I don't see anyone *****ing about salamence.
There's safe counters to Salamence though. Anything with priority can beat the DD set, Ice Shard absolutely rips it apart, stealth rocks keeps it in check. Salamence isn't bulky enough to be considered unstoppable even after a boost and with a weakness to Stealth Rocks and a lack of sandstorm immunity it loses huge amounts of health just switching in.

Top Bottom