• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYCCT Brawl Finals (Silven vs. Blue Terrorist) *In HD* ^_^

Cross.

Smash Ace
Hell yeah. Silven your the coolest ike to watch and probably tied with kirk for the best. You make me want to use ike

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You still have that nice flow with Ike in terms of movement, but I'm assuming at some points you really wern't trying. It seemed like at random points in the match you would do a random attack when Sonic was no where in the vicinity. I think one example was an Up-Air at Delfino which just came out of no where lol...then again coming out of no where can be good.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
It appeared to me that all of your attacks were late by about 50ms or so. What controller were you using? I'm guessing you used a GC controller, but I could be wrong.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
You still have that nice flow with Ike in terms of movement, but I'm assuming at some points you really wern't trying. It seemed like at random points in the match you would do a random attack when Sonic was no where in the vicinity. I think one example was an Up-Air at Delfino which just came out of no where lol...then again coming out of no where can be good.
It's a different kind of baiting, I forgot what it's called technically but I learned it from Street Fighter actually...you do a move that looks laggy from far away where you know you'll recover in time so you get the opponent to come to you and try to punish you (him being Sonic he feels like he can punish from far away) and right when the move is finished you can surprise them with whatever. It's kind of like what Lucarios do with F-smash. People try to punish a whiffed/blocked fsmash and they usually end up being unsuccessful because the lag on the move is deceiving.

Take a look at the Delfino match and go to 2:11 I did it there..

Another thing is, some of those random moves was me trying to predict him. If it looks way off it's because he didn't do what I expected him to do. We all know Sonic can travel very far in a short time so in order for the "random" move mindgame to work I kinda have to do it early. It really isn't like playing any other character, not to mention BT's Sonic is amazing.

Also those random up-airs was me trying to hit him out of his up-b...:ohwell:

So yeah..I was actually really trying, it was finals on a big *** projector with a nice crowd behind me, trust me I was playing seriously. If it looks like I was messing around it's probably because his Sonic confuses me at times so I react weird/stupid at times.

Kimchi - I posted

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
lol, I know how it is to fight Sonic as Ike. Espy often places top 3 in the monthlies in my area, and there is another guy that has just picked up Sonic. If you're going to loose, at least it's better then something gay like D3's CG. It's a very momentum based match-up, thats for sure.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
I actually would prefer D3/Snake/Meta to BT's Sonic.... I have a grasp of them a little more than Sonic to be honest... And for the most part when it comes to D3 I don't get grabbed a lot.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I actually would prefer D3/Snake/Meta to BT's Sonic.... I have a grasp of them a little more than Sonic to be honest... And for the most part when it comes to D3 I don't get grabbed a lot.
Weird, I actually enjoy facing Sonic. O_o I find him to be one of the more entertaining opponents to face in the game, just because he can do so much stuff.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Sonic is annoying, but meh, when your best Brawl buddy mains him... you get used to it. And it lets you destroy Sonics in tourney who don't know everything they're doing. (Knocked one out of singles and doubles today at a local tourney.)

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Weird, I actually enjoy facing Sonic. O_o I find him to be one of the more entertaining opponents to face in the game, just because he can do so much stuff.
Let me rephrase that because I know not all Sonics are the same... I'd rather play Snake, DDD or MK than BlueTerrorist's Sonic. :)

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
Your Ike still is good, Silven. I thought it would be rusty because you have been playing SF4 alot and what not. Looks like somebody proved me wrong :O

D

Deleted member

I love the first match. Ike dies @ 101, 96, 105. Kills sonic at 138. Who's the kill character?

when sonic runs @ you, 75% of the time it will be a shield to grab. jabbing him or defending just make it easy for him to time his grab. It is usually better to assume that he will block and to just grab him or do a shield spaced retreating SH nair.

try to fight sonic air to air. if he's on the ground, wait for him to run @ you and shield and downthrow him. sonic players in general are notoriously stupid and won't catch on to being grabbed. not sure about BT, but it's an idea to play around with.

Top Bottom