• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYC - Poly Brawl 4 - March 6th! - LIVESTREAM IS UP

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Scrooging rule please. This will be good, and I'll actually enter singles this time!

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Scrooging?

Oh yea. That reminds me, I am seriously considering banning the ICs infinite CG. Way I intend to do it is so they can CG only towards one direction and must end it upon reaching the end of a platform.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Scrooging is when a character(basically MK) glides under the stage over and over so he can't be touched.
Any form of excessive camping as to avoid confrontation by the opponent is banned, and the 50 ledge grab rule will be enforced.

I particularly am not very lenient towards excessive camping - over a minute or 2 of completely avoiding the opponent will constitute a loss for the round

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Scrooging?

Oh yea. That reminds me, I am seriously considering banning the ICs infinite CG. Way I intend to do it is so they can CG only towards one direction and must end it upon reaching the end of a platform.
Ban IC's infinite and i'll love you forever dawg.

BAN THAT ***** *** CHEATING *** SHIET DAWG!!!!

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Because it makes ICies like low tier. LOL

I'm just against banning things, that aren't too game breaking.
They will not become low tier BY FAR. I'm honestly surprised such a obvious thing hasn't been banned until now. It is not incredibly difficult for them to get a grab, they do not suck w.o getting a grab, and when they do they have a 0-death on you which no amount of skill will get you out of if they do it properly.

This is a meta-game over-centralizing tactic I intend to cut right at the roots. Only reason it hasn't over-centralized it yet is due to players' overall opinion of said CG tactic, and thus lack of ICs users in general.

I am NOT banning IC's CG entirely, this is a very important detail. They CAN CG you, but ONLY in one direction.

- NO standing CG, if any
- NO turning around during the CG

The ICs will simply continue in one direction like any other character does with a CG, and finish it however way they please once they reach an edge. This means they can still retain that guaranteed spike at the end, among other things such as a guaranteed smash attack for the KO later on.

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
They will not become low tier BY FAR. I'm honestly surprised such a obvious thing hasn't been banned until now. It is not incredibly difficult for them to get a grab, they do not suck w.o getting a grab, and when they do they have a 0-death on you which no amount of skill will get you out of if they do it properly.

This is a meta-game over-centralizing tactic I intend to cut right at the roots. Only reason it hasn't over-centralized it yet is due to players' overall opinion of said CG tactic, and thus lack of ICs users in general.

I am NOT banning IC's CG entirely, this is a very important detail. They CAN CG you, but ONLY in one direction.

- NO standing CG, if any
- NO turning around during the CG

The ICs will simply continue in one direction like any other character does with a CG, and finish it however way they please once they reach an edge. This means they can still retain that guaranteed spike at the end, among other things such as a guaranteed smash attack for the KO later on.
This makes too much sense, good sh*t yo.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Everyone please make sure to read the official ruleset. It has been updated with the Infinite CG Ban.

daisho

Smash Lord
You have to specify more. Can they chaingrab, do the footstool to iceblock and then go the other way? They stopped the chaingrab to do an iceblock so it's a new chaingrab.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Lol @ banning IC grabs without banning everyone above them on the tier list. Not attending.

Edit: DMT, you're a smart, reasonable guy. AIM me sometime, and I will convince, as I have convinced every other host that has tried this before, not to ban it. Or you could just accept the current smash ruleset. Either way would be nice. I'd hate to miss out on PolyBrawl because of a terrible rule decision.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Lol @ banning IC grabs without banning everyone above them on the tier list. Not attending.

Edit: DMT, you're a smart, reasonable guy. AIM me sometime, and I will convince, as I have convinced every other host that has tried this before, not to ban it. Or you could just accept the current smash ruleset. Either way would be nice. I'd hate to miss out on PolyBrawl because of a terrible rule decision.
Which would be.... 4 characters?

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Which would be.... 4 characters?
Meta Knight
Snake
Wario
Falco
Diddy Kong
King Dedede
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Pikachu
Olimar

All are higher on the tier list than ICs. Obviously the grabs can't be broken.

Vinnie

Smash Master
I'm talking about the tier list that isn't outdated, We all know ICs with the grabs are better than everybody except MK Snake Falco Diddy.

Prawn

Smash Master
but cheese its not fair that an IC main won the last polybrawl with these broken tactics.

owait. lololololololololol

Vinnie

Smash Master
ICs are beatable but you can't make a mistake. They're gamechanging. Banning / limiting them would just bring a much healthier competitive environment.

Prawn

Smash Master
1: Ally ($380.00)
2: ADHD ($190.00)
3: Anti ($114.00)
4: Atomsk ($38.00)
5: Malcolm ($19.00)
5: PatG ($19.00)
7: Nairo
7: PGN
9: MintyFlesh
9: Will
9: Orion
9: Bum

OH MAN LOOK AT HOW BROKEN THEY WERE AT THE LAST POLY BRAWL ATOMSK GOT 4TH USING THEM IN CONJUNCTION WITH A BUNCH OF OTHER CHARACTERS.

Metaknight is game changing too, he breaks the counterpick system,

diddy kong can create inescapable combos with naners, BAN HIM

SPIKES ARE GAMECHANGING YOU DONT LIVE AS LONG AS YOU SHOULD BAN THEM!

ggs.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
I honestly don't care. Either way no IC is breaking top 10

prawn shut up. MK doesnt break the CP system.

Stop whinning about something that wont change your placing.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I'll take you up on your offer ch33s3. I added you to AIM. You can go ahead and do the same. I'm going to be away for a bit.

I don't see how you can convince me otherwise. If you're going to use the tier list as an argument, don't bother please.

Prawn

Smash Master
The simplest reason would really just be to listen to SWF accepted ruleset/the ruleset of mostly every other tournament. but w/e i was considering going to this but I guess this saves me the ride.

Top Bottom