• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYC - Poly Brawl 4 - March 6th! - LIVESTREAM IS UP

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I'm talking about the tier list that isn't outdated, We all know ICs with the grabs are better than everybody except MK Snake Falco Diddy.
I'll say that Wario and potentially Pikachu and Marth are still better characters. But sure, ban MK, Snake, Falco, Diddy, Wario, Pikachu, and Marth. Then we can discuss limiting a character who has NEVER WON A NATIONAL.

but cheese its not fair that an IC main won the last polybrawl with these broken tactics.

owait. lololololololololol
Yea, pretty much that. IC CGs are not only easy to avoid, but far from gamebreaking. We don't see lain or meep winning nationals or even large regionals consistently do we?

Furthermore, the rule DMT wrote completely eliminates all the common CGs from being used at all. B/D is the most common CG used on the most characters. F/F can be done infinitely at the ledge (theoretically, I can't do it without frame by frame, though I'm sure someone can) and the "no turn around rule" is fairly easily evaded, but I won't explain exactly how publicly because I may need it if I decide to come. If DMT would like the explanation, I'll give it to him privately.

EDIT: Got Ninja'd. I'll shoot you an AIM later on or tomorrow DMT, or feel free to AIM me when I'm on :).

Vinnie

Smash Master
1: Ally ($380.00)
2: ADHD ($190.00)
3: Anti ($114.00)
4: Atomsk ($38.00)
5: Malcolm ($19.00)
5: PatG ($19.00)
7: Nairo
7: PGN
9: MintyFlesh
9: Will
9: Orion
9: Bum

OH MAN LOOK AT HOW BROKEN THEY WERE AT THE LAST POLY BRAWL ATOMSK GOT 4TH USING THEM IN CONJUNCTION WITH A BUNCH OF OTHER CHARACTERS.
You can't base off of one tourney just because no good IC players were there. Let's take the most recent Viridian City, the only two people that were able to place higher than Meep were none other than M2k and Ally. Meep got 3rd out of 100.

Metaknight is game changing too, he breaks the counterpick system
there's a difference between a character being good and a character making some matchups unplayable, or something stupid leading to a stock.

diddy kong can create inescapable combos with naners, BAN HIM
If ICs had inescapable combos like Diddy, nobody would care, as long as it's not any % to death >_>, that statement was just ********.

SPIKES ARE GAMECHANGING YOU DONT LIVE AS LONG AS YOU SHOULD BAN THEM!
spikes are situational, and last time I checked they don't kill you at 0% >_>

edit: Cheese, it doesn't matter if they have never won a national, because the only true way they are stopped at high level competition is by doing things like air camping, running away the entire time, gliding under the stage, etc. They are beatable, but is that really what we want this game to turn into?

Also ICs are at least C tier without the infinites. They have insane priority and juggling capabilities with uair, then can 0-(I think 50) any characters without the infinite, by just dthrow. Also grabs are good for killing, as well as just fsmash or usmash.

ICs are gamechanging, they can make an awful player like Cheese look decent.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Prawn was obviously being facetious. For something to be banned, it must be proven broken, not the other way around. "It's dumb", "It's gay", "It changes the game", and "I don't like the game with it allowed" are not viable reasons to ban a tactic or character or stage or anything. The ICs have never won a national, have never placed high without secondaries, outside of Meep, who is an amazing player, but has certainly lost to several players of a variety of characters, and are clearly not unbeatable. I fail to see any REAL reason why they should be banned, aside from "It's dumb that if I get grabbed I lose a stock".

Nice ad hominem, PGN.

Furthermore, if you ban scrooging and planking (two proven broken tactics) the ICs do, in fact, counter MK on 3 stages, which actually means more balance for Brawl.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Perhaps I should specify. I don't care if it's only a Cg or whatnot.

ICs INFINITES are banned. Standing and small step infinites are already banned for all characters. This means that if the ICs does any chain, regardless of how many grabs it takes or whatnot, they have to be moving in one direction and a distance that would not be considered a small step. They must finish it upon reaching an edge.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
ICies promote stalling.

Need I say more? I personally don't want it banned, but i can see reasons to ban it.

BTW GUISE WHO CARES. none of you will place top 10 anyway so who cares.

edit: lulz@the smallstep stuff with ICies.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Perhaps I should specify. I don't care if it's only a Cg or whatnot.

ICs INFINITES are banned. Standing and small step infinites are already banned for all characters. This means that if the ICs does any chain, regardless of how many grabs it takes or whatnot, they have to be moving in one direction and a distance that would not be considered a small step. They must finish it upon reaching an edge.
Every IC CG is small step, in any direction, with any grab. Anyways, I'll just play technicality guy and find flaws in all your rules until you see it's silly to try to write a rule to ban infinites. You should really talk to other major TOs, or accept that the SBR hasn't banned the infinite for a reason.

ICies promote stalling.

Need I say more? I personally don't want it banned, but i can see reasons to ban it.

BTW GUISE WHO CARES. none of you will place top 10 anyway so who cares.
Ad hominem, stop it.

Prawn

Smash Master
edit: Cheese, it doesn't matter if they have never won a national, because the only true way they are stopped at high level competition is by doing things like air camping, running away the entire time, gliding under the stage, etc. They are beatable, but is that really what we want this game to turn into?
I typed in "Meep Ice Climbers" in youtube and found the most recent video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To5jvVLph34

it wasnt really hard to prove this wrong. can you try a little more to stump us? :laugh:

daisho

Smash Lord
Just because you say that arguments like "it's game changing" aren't valid doesn't make it so... So what if the best players in the world can beat an ice climbers player by running around for most of the time and flying around and on platforms. They make the game stupid and not fun to play if you mess up your spacing and you lose a stock.

Prawn

Smash Master
You also seem to disregard the fact that the MK v Falco matchup has boiled down to falco going PEW PEW and MK air camping.

Its brawl, **** isnt fun to watch most of the time, stop johning and just let people ****ing play until its proven something is broken or over-centralizing the metagame.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Yet that disproves I have to camp ICs to win?

Fail

edit: laser camping =/= timing someone out.

and learn to edit and not double post.

Prawn

Smash Master
ITS BRAWL

YOU HAVE TO CAMP TO WIN

THE GAME HAS BEEN OUT FOR ALMOST 2 ****ING YEARS

ehhhhhhh whatever.

Prawn

Smash Master
oh and you guys should ban diddy too,

m2k glided back and forth under the stage vs GNes at winterfest cause apparently theres no other way to beat diddy kong.

man hes so game changing.

Vinnie

Smash Master
They are game changing...

CM I care :/...

edit: Prawn that's such a bad analogy, Diddy actually has a few bad matchups >_>.

edit2: Prawn, all that video showed is Meep messing up CGs.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
No m2k did it because he sucks at the match-up

edit: Why care? I don't consider cheese, and specially prawn threats in tourny

infinite on or off I don't see things changing results

Prawn

Smash Master
nah I dont like editing posts too much work.

Do whatever you want, its just gonna make your tournament look kinda scrubby and make MK a better character by taking one of the matchups he can lose to and making it unwinnable lol

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
Your making the thread ugly/killing hype. Arguing about it in this thread isn't going to change the TO's mind. If you have solid/legit points then hit DmT up on AIM.
:bee:

EDIT: That wasn't directed at anyone specific.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Your making the thread ugly/killing hype. Arguing about it in this thread isn't going to change the TO's mind. If you have solid/legit points then hit DmT up on AIM.
:bee:

EDIT: That wasn't directed at anyone specific.
/thread. Good job.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
cheese/prawn this is 1 tournament and sorry to break it to you but your not winning money. so if you do it for the money just MM ppl with the infinite and use the tourney to practice your aerials or 2nds and stuff

edit: or just not come

Prawn

Smash Master
BIGM, it starts with one tournament and then the idea spreads,

I just dislike the idea of a reputable tournament doing something so scrubbish, I probably won't be attending this either way.

daisho

Smash Lord
cheese/prawn this is 1 tournament and sorry to break it to you but your not winning money. so if you do it for the money just MM ppl with the infinite and use the tourney to practice your aerials or 2nds and stuff

edit: or just not come
It is so obviously not for the money that you really should just take down that post because it is just awful.

daisho

Smash Lord
ok then if its not for the money then whats the point? theres something called freindlys
You seriously think everybody who enters tournaments think they have a chance to win money? You think that you have a chance to win money?

People enjoy playing in a competitive scene. It is fun for them to see how well they would do in a tournament.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Well I'm back on AIM right now if anyone has something intelligent to say.

Also, yes please do not flood this thread with arguments over my ruleset. Stating you opinion is one thing, but this isn't a debate thread.

Hit me up on AIM if you intend to discuss, or voice your opinions directly to me through a PM otherwise please.

Prawn

Smash Master
Lol Ally keep your opinion outta here it's not like your winning money at this anyway, you're just a scroooob.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Hey DMT, I plan on hosting a KTAR on Feb 13th so try not to have this tourney on this day please :)

Don't wanna have conflicting tournaments of high quality value.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
You seriously think everybody who enters tournaments think they have a chance to win money? You think that you have a chance to win money?

People enjoy playing in a competitive scene. It is fun for them to see how well they would do in a tournament.
EXACTLY. its just 1 tournament, plus thats what im trying to say its not like cheese/prawn/me have a chance in winning money so just deal with it for here this 1 tournament and use this tournament to do freindlies and MMs and practice your cgs or w.e there. if they decide to enter then use a secondary or practice ics with the options they have in tourney. is it that hard for you to understand? or you just not reading everything i post

Top Bottom