• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NU to OU: The Next Chapter

supermarth64

Smash Ace
Pluff obviously swings those cotton spores fast enough to generate heat in the air surrounding it.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Why would you even bother giving Jumpluff Heat Wave? It has 55 SpAtk, even under the sun that ****s so unimaginably weak.

In truth, there's nothing wrong with Jumpluff, it is by far the best SubSeeder in existence as well as the best Sunny Day lead. It doesn't need new moves or new strats cus it's the BEST at what it does. It's just that Sub Seeding is in general not a heavily used strategy and Sunny Day teams are rare.

It's sort of like Ninjask, it only does one thing, but at least it's ****ing good at it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Why would you even bother giving Jumpluff Heat Wave? It has 55 SpAtk, even under the sun that ****s so unimaginably weak.

In truth, there's nothing wrong with Jumpluff, it is by far the best SubSeeder in existence as well as the best Sunny Day lead. It doesn't need new moves or new strats cus it's the BEST at what it does. It's just that Sub Seeding is in general not a heavily used strategy and Sunny Day teams are rare.

It's sort of like Ninjask, it only does one thing, but at least it's ****ing good at it.
I was going to post something like this, but I assumed everyone already knew it, and I was / am lazy.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Ursaring: ...

Exploud: give it Infernape-esque stats

Hypno wants more Defense. Focus Blast wouldn't hurt.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Agility looks good for Ursaring.

Exploud would enjoy a Defense-boost (both) and Bulk Up wouldn't hurt.

Hypno would also want more defense, Focus Blast is something I thought it already had so I don't see why not.

-Terywj

mood4food77

Smash Hero
ursaring's problem is that machamp completely outclasses him.
machamp is a fighting type with 90/130/80/65/85/55 base stats
ursaring is a normal type with 90/130/75/75/75/55 base stats

they are very similar stat wise but machamp having higher defenses and a much better stab give him the upper hand (also, having no guard makes him an absolute monster), ursaring needs something to stand out, he has a great movepool, agility might be able to but i don't think it'll be enough to get him into OU, i guess changing his base stats to:
90/130/85/65/80/55 would make him better but machamp having no guard still outclasses him

exploud needs more defense and attack stats, changing his stats to:
104/100/70/100/70/68 would make him a much better poke

Hypno needs more HP before defense, he looks bulky but his HP stat is low, and hp is the most important stat for being defensive so, more HP would benefit him more than defense

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Scarfed Ursaring with Pure Power looks extremely imba right now, the way I'm looking at it.

Let's try to focus more on movepool / abilities before immediately jumping to buff stats. Exploud could probably use a new ability, since Soundproof is only beneficial when receiving Baton Passes and against Grasswhistle.

Lol Grasswhistle.

-Terywj

Oracle

Smash Master
I feel like quick attack or extreme speed would help a ton on usaring. But mostly extremespeed.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Muk ExtremeSpeed, we've got Dragonite, Lucario, Linoone, Arcanine, and Zangoose with it.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
ExtremeSpeed would only benefit from the Adamant Guts variants. Giving it Agility would benefit it much more, with Guts raising his Attack and can then proceed to hurt everything with Facade/Crunch/Earthquake.

-Terywj

mood4food77

Smash Hero
you guys realize that if ursaring had extreme speed, he'd instantly be OU

a base 120 priority move (accounting for stab) coming off of a base 130 attack

there's a reason scizor is the most used poke guys

Ursaring@Life Orb
Adamant/Guts
252/252/6 (HP/ATK/SPE)
Sword Dance
Extreme Speed
Close Combat
Crunch

Crunch for ghosts, CC for rock/steel types, extreme speed for everything else, after 1 SD, his attack reaches insane levels (Like 700+) so it's basically OHKOing anything in it's path, it only has 3 types that are immune/resistant to it and it's other 2 moves take care of that, if he's burned, his attack reaches something incredibly stupid and pretty much will OHKO EVERYTHING

supermarth64

Smash Ace
No it won't. It still has its counters.

Aka Gengar, any Heatran (Fire Blast), Jirachi (flinch hax), Metagross (go eat a Meteor Mash), Tyranitar (Scarf Superpower or a Banded hit), Lucario, Magnezone, Skarmory, etc.

Still wouldn't make it OU. It'd still have difficulty in UU (random priority mons, especially Ambipom). Rhyperior can outspeed and EQ also.

BL at best.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Where you at, mood4food?

Does Ursaring even outspeed Azumarill? TechniTop revenge kills your ***.

Oracle

Smash Master
Technitop revenge killing doesn't matter at all, especially since we're moving these pokemon to OU, where top is almost nonexistent. Ttar is revenged easily by scizor, but that doesn't make it any less dangerous.

@Tery: That sounds fine. SD+priority and Agility-sweeper would probably be enough. The defense is an added bonus.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
The defense is too much, dont bother adding stats.

I honestly think think that Ursaring brings up an interesting topic: Alot of these pokemon, when given simple upgrades still wouldnt even be that good. An Ursaring with Agility is a dangerous pokemon but if that was the ONLY thing it had going for it it would be easily counterable. The reason Agiligross works so well is because it can come in and you'd have no idea what set it was running. With that thought, I think Ursaring needs Extremespeed(for an SD set), Agility(For obvious reasons) and Aqua Tail. Aqua Tail would allow Ursaring to run a better standard CB set

Ursaring@Choice Band
Adamant/Either
252Atk/252Spe/4Hp
-Extremespeed
-Crunch
-Aqua Tail
-Close Combat

Aqua Tail would allow it to deal huge damage to Hippowdon/Gliscor and guts/quick feet allows it to switch into Blissey with impunity. Close Combat > EQ since Aqua Tail now covers any and all fire types you might come in on. With multiple possible, and very dangerous sets a pokemon could ACTUALLY make it into OU.

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
The defense is too much, dont bother adding stats.

I honestly think think that Ursaring brings up an interesting topic: Alot of these pokemon, when given simple upgrades still wouldnt even be that good. An Ursaring with Agility is a dangerous pokemon but if that was the ONLY thing it had going for it it would be easily counterable. The reason Agiligross works so well is because it can come in and you'd have no idea what set it was running. With that thought, I think Ursaring needs Extremespeed(for an SD set), Agility(For obvious reasons) and Aqua Tail. Aqua Tail would allow Ursaring to run a better standard CB set

Ursaring@Choice Band
Adamant/Either
252Atk/252Spe/4Hp
-Extremespeed
-Crunch
-Aqua Tail
-Close Combat

Aqua Tail would allow it to deal huge damage to Hippowdon/Gliscor and guts/quick feet allows it to switch into Blissey with impunity. Close Combat > EQ since Aqua Tail now covers any and all fire types you might come in on. With multiple possible, and very dangerous sets a pokemon could ACTUALLY make it into OU.

Or at least his former fame of BL

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
Not to randomly divert the topic, but pointing out that Luxray already gets Superpower.

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
I reckon Venomoth could be quite a threat since its stats arent actually bad and its ablity is pretty nifty too, which can make it a decent special sweeper.

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
hope it does cause im gunna start using it :laugh:

also did this site just go down for 2 mins?

Top Bottom