• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NU to OU: The Next Chapter

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Ampharos: Tail Glow

Bastiodon: Solid Rock > Sturdy, Head Smash, base 80 HP, Slack Off, Yawn

Fearow: Base 120 Speed, Swords Dance

Lanturn: Tail Glow, base 95 Atk

Typhlosion: Dragon Pulse, Earth Power

So will these be our final edits?

Also, can someone write a short summary for one (or more) of the Pokemon explaining what they can now do?

Type-changing will not be happening.

-Terywj

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.

-Would definitely benefit from Tail Glow. Perhaps throw in Ice Punch? Mayyyyybe Aqua Tail?
-I think Volt Absorb would be a good secondary ability. It'd play amazingly in Discharge doubles.

-As far as abilities, I think Clear Body, Reckless, Rock Head, Sand Stream, or Solid Rock would be nice alternatives.
-I think an all-around +5 on base stats would help him out a lot more, maybe +10 on defensive stats if it's not a bit too far.
-Why not give it Meteor Mash, Spikes, Slack Off, or even Yawn?

-Anger Point, No Guard, and Vital Spirit seem like amazing alternatives for its ability.
-Swords Dance. Pleeeeease.
-Increase its base Atk and Spd?

-I have nothing to say that hasn't been said here. But as much as I think Typhlosion deserves a boost, for the love of God, no Dragon Pulse. Typhlosion has pretty much no resemblance or connection to Dragon-types at all. And as for Arcanine, he was capable of learning Dragon Rage and DragonBreath in the old games. I'll admit, Rhyperior doesn't really fit the category of a Dragon-type either, but I'd sooner believe Rhyperior than I would Typhlosion. And Heatran's a Legendary, I wouldn't really argue with him learning a Dragon-type move. Definitely give Typhlosion Earth Power, though.

lol

Just my views on it. Lemme know what you guys think. :p

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I like your ideas behind giving Fearow Vital Spirit, but am against almost all of your suggestions for Bastiodon bar Rock Head / Solid Rock.
Ampharos would enjoy Volt Absorb, combined with Tail Glow could make an interesting new Pokemon.

No Lanturn love makes me sad, though.

-Terywj

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
I like your ideas behind giving Fearow Vital Spirit, but am against almost all of your suggestions for Bastiodon bar Rock Head / Solid Rock.
Ampharos would enjoy Volt Absorb, combined with Tail Glow could make an interesting new Pokemon.

No Lanturn love makes me sad, though.

-Terywj
At the very least, Bastiodon with Sand Stream as a second alternative would seem acceptable to me. I know it desperately needs Solid Rock, but Sand Stream's always there.

I kinda didn't want to go into detail with Lanturn as of now. Too many things wrong with him, so many improvements to be listed... :dizzy:

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
Falchion, let me just remind you that Draco Meteor Jirachi exists. As does Outrage Tauros. Throw a ***** a bone(I actually dont think Typh should get Dragon Pulse im just saying)
Draco Meteor reminds me an awful lot of Meteor Mash, which Jirachi has. Outrage reminds me of Thrash, which Tauros has. It's not outlandish linking these moves together. But Dragon Pulse? I can't think of any move that Typhlosion has in his arsenal that even comes close to resembling Dragon Pulse at all. To me, it's like giving... Blastoise Thunderbolt. It just doesn't make sense to me at all.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Electrode used Sucker Punch!

Again, there are moves out there which don't make sense with the Pokemon it's matched with. But I understand what you're trying to say.

-Terywj

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Very well. If people can start with some summaries of what the newly buffed Pokemon can do I'd appreciate it. I'll be writing some as well.

Also, I couldn't double-post so yeah. Next round will be added shortly.

-Terywj

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
K

Lanturn:

With Base 95 SpA and Tail glow, Lanturn is no longer just "that fish that resists Boltbeam." Thanks to its good STABs and HP, Lanturn can now setup on Boltbeamers with Tail Glow and start bringing pain.

EDIT: Want a moveset, too?

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
Aight.

Luxray is synonymous with Entei. He needs good STAB. Aka Volt Tackle.

Exploud should have more speed. And perhaps Nasty Plot.

Ursaring?!?! You gotta be joking Tery. He's not beastly enough now?!?!?!

Moozle

Smash Champion
I agree. Jumpluff is really good, especially on more defensive teams, and doesn't really need any buffs. Higher Def and Sp.Def would be very nice though.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
luxray is more synonymous with flareon

high attack but no moves to use it who also happens to have crap speed and is pretty much a glass cannon

at least entei can take a hit and has usable speed

jumpluff really is getting hurt from taunt, especially faster taunt users, nothing is wrong with it besides that one move

ursaring needs no change, he's just not fast enough and his normal typing doesn't help him, also he is outclassed by machamp

exploud can use a buff in his attack stats, make them like 95 and his speed like 75, just so he can go scarf without having to run max speed, allowing more investments in his attack stats

hypno needs more special attack and could use a buff in HP, other than that, it's quite

give luxray motor drive and volt tackle, it'll become a slightly bulkier electivire, it gains magnet rise so you remove its one weakness right there, it can have a boltbeam combo in volt tackle/ice fang or superpower/night slash or crunch

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
luxray is more synonymous with flareon

high attack but no moves to use it who also happens to have crap speed and is pretty much a glass cannon

at least entei can take a hit and has usable speed

jumpluff really is getting hurt from taunt, especially faster taunt users, nothing is wrong with it besides that one move

ursaring needs no change, he's just not fast enough and his normal typing doesn't help him, also he is outclassed by machamp

exploud can use a buff in his attack stats, make them like 95 and his speed like 75, just so he can go scarf without having to run max speed, allowing more investments in his attack stats

hypno needs more special attack and could use a buff in HP, other than that, it's quite

give luxray motor drive and volt tackle, it'll become a slightly bulkier electivire, it gains magnet rise so you remove its one weakness right there, it can have a boltbeam combo in volt tackle/ice fang or superpower/night slash or crunch
Whoa.

Luxray learns Night Slash?

This guy learns new moves like crazy....

mood4food77

Smash Hero
Luxray@Life Orb
Rash/Intimidate
120/252/136 (ATK/SP.ATK/SPE)
Thunderbolt
Superpower
HP Ice/Grass/Water/Fire
Night Slash/Signal Beam/Thunder Wave

Thunderbolt and Superpower are the main two moves of this set. Because of the Attack drop from using Superpower, using a mixed set is ideal. Use whichever HP type will benefit your team more, it's really hard to pick since they pretty much hit the same amount of threats for SE damage. Night Slash or Signal Beam as a filler. Thunder Wave can help reduce speedy threats and help Luxray outrun some pokes for once in it's life.

I'm not 100% sure though if Volt Tackle will really do much benefit to Luxray, as much as we would hope for. I know Motor Drive would greatly benefit it but Volt Tackle, not to sure about it. I think it needs a more varied movepool, like learning flamethrower or ice beam (or something alone those lines).

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I personally think Luxray with Motor Drive would benefit it but doesn't quite cut it. It would still need a much more advanced movepool. Thunder Fang doesn't help it enough, so perhaps we either invent a new move or give it Volt Tackle, which would be kinda lame IMO.

-Terywj

mood4food77

Smash Hero
but with superpower, making a completely physical luxray is kind of..pointless, since it's attack will be lowering quite a bit (so many things are weak to fighting)

making a mixed set with Motor Drive, what about unburden

nevermind about unburden, only berries work

speed boost would be lulzy

technician would be pretty sweet, since charge beam would be affected by this
a 112.5 base power attack that has a 70% chance of increasing special attack, that's pretty sweet, along with a 90 base power ice move to complete coverage, a 120 base power fighting move, and just some filler, like

Luxray@Leftovers (for now)
Rash/Technician
120/252/136 (ATK/SP.ATK/SPE)
Charge Beam
Super Power
HP Ice (base power of 60 to benefit from technician)
Thunder Wave/Howl/Bite/Swift/Quick Attack

i mean, look at the possibilities

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Luxray: Motor Drive > Rivalry, U-Turn, Volt Tackle, Superpower, Flamethrower

I'm editing it in. Next target: Jumpluff.

She is asking for defense boosts since she's a completely viable Pokemon.

-Terywj

mood4food77

Smash Hero
you're going to ignore technician on luxray?

hmph

but jumpluff really don't need anything
giving her toxic spikes would make her an AMAZING lead, basically doing what roserade does, but better

mood4food77

Smash Hero
charge beam, it has base power 112.5 after STAB and technician, it also has a 70% chance to raise his special attack

that's quite fun to play around with, he is already a great recipient for speed boosts (BP tandem with gliscor?) and with a move set like:

Charge Beam
Superpower
HP Ice
Swift/Bite/Quick Attack/Thunder Wave

you have a pretty powerful attacker right there

hey, jumpluff would be a great lead for the now viable sunny day teams

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Exploud has the typical Normal-type huge movepool. That's just asking for some great stats to back it up.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Well all the birds have Heat Wave or at least I'm sure most of the birds do, so I guess it only makes sense.

Exploud needs better stats. The reason I listed him was to see what would be most reasonable to work with.

-Terywj

Top Bottom