• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nu Nu NU *Smash* MA Player finder: Yo whaddup?

Spife

Smash Master
Post post post post post post post post post post we need more spam.
Anynew word on the UMassers?

Edit: I guess double posting is a no no. Same with tripple and quad. No go guys no go. I need you all to spam now and talk about things >_>

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
How come I can't find any MA smash tournaments? They aren't existing as much as they used to... or am I missing something?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
If me and Spife can get Super Mass Brothers running I'm hoping to do both Brawl and Melee(as I've mentioned countless times). And yeah Spife around that time is good. I'm free every other weekend so if you can't do it than use that as a basic guideline I guess.

Het Matt.Zeb, I'm still doing the whole helping run MM thing right? Thought I'd remind you since the next one is Melee and I know you love your Melee so feel free to have me run brackets, seed or do sign ups and stuff. Otherwise I'm gunna hide int eh corner with a Sixty-Four/Brawl Set up probably.

Memphis, let me know if you do hold MIC2, I'll definatly try to get out there and run the bracket again.

SilverBlaze

Smash Apprentice
Check it - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5976701#post5976701

Brawl tournament at Tufts University for those of you not going to Mass Madness.
Good ****. How often can you get that space?
Pretty often, considering it's the suite I live in. However, it's pretty small. If this tournament gets a decent amount of people, I'll have to branch it out to different sections of the building. Come spring I'm going to try for a bigger venue on campus.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
There's a ton of western ma players.

Someone should get a Smash Fest going(All Smashes please. I need to not suck at Melee and look cool in 64 too.)

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Howdy y'all! I'm back... for now at least...

That was a good movie.
However, my favorite is most definitely Godzilla vs Destroyah. That, or vs Orga since that movie didn't exactly have a title. Godzilla 2000 or something.
vs. Destroyah was o.k. I don't look at the G-Films as being deliberately cheap... Toho refuses to spend more than 10 million on each movie, which is laughable. Peter Jackson's King Kong cost 200 million. Give a Godzilla movie half that budget and I'm sure that they could make a world-wide blockbuster, esp. if they give the project to Shusuke Kaneko, the man behind GMK...

Final Wars is fun though.
If you don't expect anything but mindless entertainment... yes, Final Wars is very fun.

Western MA needs to kick it up a notch.
Seriously. Local tournaments FTW! Melee and Brawl, even though I don't play the latter much. And what's up with ignoring my posts man?! :( I wanna talk Godzilla with some people who won't call me a nerd!

GMK all out monster attack or whatever is the best one.
Yes... dang straight.

Spife

Smash Master
Mindless entertainment? Wtf do you watch godzilla for IF NOT MINDLESS ENTERTAINMENT?! ROMANCE?!

p.s. 1k posts, how many people want me now?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Mindless entertainment? Wtf do you watch godzilla for IF NOT MINDLESS ENTERTAINMENT?! ROMANCE?!
:laugh::laugh::laugh: NO THE ACTION! :laugh: No seriously. First, I never said I DISLIKED the midless entertainment. In fact, I said it was fun. But what I meant was I like the movies much more when they don't insult your intelligence any more than they already are (Giant Nuclear powered lizards and three headed dragons, the military ALWAYS trying the same thing over and over again, with by now hilariously disasterous results... ect...)... like direct Matrix rip-offs (Final Wars), or Godzilla FLYING and breaking ALL the laws of pysics in the process, (Godzilla vs. Hedorah) for instance. They seem to have given up on the originallity (Do we really need FIVE movies about Mechagodzilla, as awesome as that robot is? King Ghidorah deserves more than six, and WHEN are they going to bring back Biollante for Gods Sake?!) that made the movies interesting. Orga, Megagurius and Monster X were the only original monsters in the 3rd series. Big whoop! GIVE ME MORE!

That aside, I've seen EVERY Godzilla movie that's been made and I re-watch almost all of them regularly. If I feel like midless entertainment, I'll watch one of the 23 that are just that, bad dubbing and all. (I LOVE the bad dubbing BTW. :laugh:) if I feel like a good, serious monster movie with effects I can still giggle at, I'll watch Gojira (MASTERPIECE!!), Mothra vs. Godzilla, Godzilla vs. Biollante, or GMK. Have I succesfully defended myself? Long Live Godzilla!!!

Spife

Smash Master
Gojira is a very very **** film. I'd pick up black bowser and go by gojira if it wasn't already done (and I don't need to go lower in the tier list as of now ;-;)
I'll edit this later, i haven't been a big enough godzilla nut in a while x-x

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Memphis, are you aware I just got out of work?
i said no johns
and no johns about johning

oh hai guys, my name is JohnEvryDayMercutio. I live in johnville, johntown on john street.
I'm a pro-johner. the money isn't great but i love johning.
i can john my way out of anything. like this one time i got caught in a huge john about this other time i johned about how i johned that this john party, so i was all like john john, jiggy john.

and then the person gave me a bj. it was a dude but a bj is a bj (john)

see how good i am?

oh and *john*

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Spife I thought of some good high tier advice for you... basically with fox or sheik do aerials against someone's shield and get them to try and shield grab you every time. Then try not to get shield grabbed.

Also can someone add 3 of these to the first post? Since this is the Nu Nu NU MA player finder?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
If me and Spife can get Super Mass Brothers running I'm hoping to do both Brawl and Melee(as I've mentioned countless times). And yeah Spife around that time is good. I'm free every other weekend so if you can't do it than use that as a basic guideline I guess.

Het Matt.Zeb, I'm still doing the whole helping run MM thing right? Thought I'd remind you since the next one is Melee and I know you love your Melee so feel free to have me run brackets, seed or do sign ups and stuff. Otherwise I'm gunna hide int eh corner with a Sixty-Four/Brawl Set up probably.

Memphis, let me know if you do hold MIC2, I'll definatly try to get out there and run the bracket again.
I'll call on ya at times, yeah.
When I have tournament matches, money matches, or want to take a quick break before the tournament to play some matches.

Dazwa will handle seeding so that's not an issue.
I'll handle sign ups, it's okay.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
vs. Destroyah was o.k. I don't look at the G-Films as being deliberately cheap... Toho refuses to spend more than 10 million on each movie, which is laughable. Peter Jackson's King Kong cost 200 million. Give a Godzilla movie half that budget and I'm sure that they could make a world-wide blockbuster, esp. if they give the project to Shusuke Kaneko, the man behind GMK...
That would be amazing.

If you don't expect anything but mindless entertainment... yes, Final Wars is very fun.
Yeah, that is pretty much why I like Final Wars.

Spife

Smash Master
Spife I thought of some good high tier advice for you... basically with fox or sheik do aerials against someone's shield and get them to try and shield grab you every time. Then try not to get shield grabbed.

Also can someone add 3 of these to the first post? Since this is the Nu Nu NU MA player finder?
The best advice I've ever heard was from AOI first and he said "Don't play Link". The second best advice I've ever heard would be "Don't get *****/stop sucking/stop playing stupid".

What am I adding to the first post?

Bumping the Western MA tourny thread with some info, goo look at it.

Top Bottom