• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

Jarop

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1934-1003-4030
YSB in March will be happening on Saturday the 15th. The smash wall be reserved as always for casuals / tournaments. There was an issue this month in regards to number of set-ups presumably because everybody was holding out for RoS2 yesterday, so hopefully we're able to secure more set-ups and run more traditional brackets (Melee + Brawl? let me know). Even if we can't, we can probably get a similar set-up going to last month with casuals + team tournaments but I it'll all come down to what you guys want to do. Whether 2 people or 200 people show, there's space for smash at YSB so let us know what you'd be interested in coming out for.

Gords

Smash Champion
so whats happening with this tourney on the 15th, is it brawl, melee, PM?, who is running the show?, is cal even back yet?,

I will be working that night btw, so yeah i will what i can but...yeah...

Gords

Smash Champion
yeah i spoke to ZXV already, its actually what prompted him to get around to making that thread

Hughie

Smash Lad
Might head up to Sydney in September if there's anything happening then. Anyway speculated events for September?

Last edited:

PaulieProcket

Smash Cadet
I just started playing League of Legends, guys need to add me and teach me the ways.
Just played my first ranked game and we got dominated within 10 minutes or so, I always feel like their attacks do way more than mine for some reason to, it's annoying.

cheese619

Smash Ace
I just started playing League of Legends, guys need to add me and teach me the ways.
Just played my first ranked game and we got dominated within 10 minutes or so, I always feel like their attacks do way more than mine for some reason to, it's annoying.
As a former LoL player I highly recommend you switch to DotA. LoL is the Brawl of MOBAs.

PaulieProcket

Smash Cadet
As a former LoL player I highly recommend you switch to DotA. LoL is the Brawl of MOBAs.
xD I like that analogy hahaha, is DotA f2p as well? I was thinking of trying them both out, It's a lot more difficult as well isn't it?

@ Invisi Invisi , oh yeah thought I might add, I was chilling in the lobby the other day on LoL, and I was checking out the spectator thingy, coz I like to look for games with characters I play, scout some tips and junk, anyways, I saw this game with a Morde and I was like FINALLY! Then I glance over at the name and it was you! I thought the odds of that happening I swear, so I watched like ~10min in then my net stuffed up lol.

Last edited:

cheese619

Smash Ace
xD I like that analogy hahaha, is DotA f2p as well? I was thinking of trying them both out, It's a lot more difficult as well isn't it?

@ Invisi Invisi , oh yeah thought I might add, I was chilling in the lobby the other day on LoL, and I was checking out the spectator thingy, coz I like to look for games with characters I play, scout some tips and junk, anyways, I saw this game with a Morde and I was like FINALLY! Then I glance over at the name and it was you! I thought the odds of that happening I swear, so I watched like ~10min in then my net stuffed up lol.
DotA is actually F2P unlike LoL with its 10 champions a week rotation. Yeah DotA is harder but so is Melee :)
And if you still need convincing watch Free to Play (the DotA documentary which is really well produced)

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjZYMI1zB9s

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
From what I've heard about DotA mechanics, can confirm this analogy. Except that LoL has the bigger player base/following due to the money Riot is pumping into the game. I enjoy LoL for what I imagine are similar reasons to my preference of Brawl over Melee. They're all good games in their own right.

Mm, my ranking means that I end up on the public spectate games fairly frequently. I played morde pretty extensively back in Season 2, and early Season 3, but haven't really touched him in recent times except a few normal games this past week.

By the way, there's a number of Sydney smashers who play LoL together on a fairly regular basis (3-5 days a week on average), and you'd be most welcome to play with us.

Last edited:

PaulieProcket

Smash Cadet
DotA is actually F2P unlike LoL with its 10 champions a week rotation. Yeah DotA is harder but so is Melee :)
And if you still need convincing watch Free to Play (the DotA documentary which is really well produced)

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjZYMI1zB9s
ahh nicely put lol! Yeah I'll have to check out the video when I have some more time, looks really interesting, and I can imagine it just goes to show putting time and effort into it really pays off, but I'll probably see tomorrow night! I've only checked out the champion roster for the game since I was interested in it a while back, is it split into like, 'good' v 'evil' kind of? Coz there's too many cool champions haha.

Mm, my ranking means that I end up on the public spectate games fairly frequently. I played morde pretty extensively back in Season 2, and early Season 3, but haven't really touched him in recent times except a few normal games this past week.

By the way, there's a number of Sydney smashers who play LoL together on a fairly regular basis (3-5 days a week on average), and you'd be most welcome to play with us.
Ohh I see! You were doing pretty well from what I did see, and I noticed you kept his shield up with his abilities, which I had no idea I should be doing haha, so got something out of it!
Yeah I'd be really keen to play! I can only really do so during weekdays or late-ish at night, pretty much when no one is on the net otherwise it lags or d/c's me. I'm still learning what I can about it, and I think I've had the most success with Thresh so far, and doing pretty well with Morde, so I'm enjoying it more, yet to play proper ranked games, since some of the people really turn me off it. My summoner name is 'H3X3R', I'll see if I can send you an invite as well, plus anyone else who plays and would like to add me to.

no.13

Smash Cadet
Hi folks. I'm getting back in the game and looking for any smashers (melee) around the Liverpool area. I've got a couple of days off so I'm keen on getting in a bit of play. I'm also happy to drive out wherever you are in the Sydney area.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Meh, i've never really seen a particular issue with either of them. They have minor differences but might as well be the same game (lol) so i've always felt that just go whever you want and stuff'll work out fine. :)

Anyone going to BAM this year? It's looking as if I might be able to go, so it'd be nice to see some actual NSW representation this time :laugh:

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I have next week off, so I'm wanting to gauge who would be interested in a brawl meet at my place some time next week. I only have two CRTs, so it would be a relatively small meet, but I am keen to get some more brawl happening in the scene.

Also, I'm not sure if any of the veterans of the scene remember DoMo from Adelaide, but I ran into him in League solo queue. He is now living in Chatswood and keen to play some more brawl, so he might be coming.

Gords

Smash Champion
Invisi. Next weekend as in the easter weekend. The following weekend (26th) is the Canberra tourney in which I was gunna check with you if you wanted to go since tonight I managed to get that sat night off

Last edited:

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I'm afraid I can't, my best friend's 21st b'day is on the 26th. I am very interested in going back to Canberra for the next tournament, however. Tinaye if you're reading, please try to make the next tournament not on 31/5, as I have another friend's 21st on that date. I will do my best to organise to make it down with a carload in tow =)

Last edited:

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Sounds good Invisi! By the way, is there any smasher (Melee, PM, or Brawl) that's interested in coming down to Canberra Colosseum 5 next week Saturday with Gords? I'm pitching in on the gas $$ this month to make it easier for ya'll to come down so this will be a good opportunity to come to Canberra :D

PaulieProcket

Smash Cadet
Yeah atm it looks like I'll be going down as well, hopefully some others become interested by then to, would be awesome to be able to have a group come along.

PaulieProcket

Smash Cadet
Just doing my bit to jump in and agree that you should definitely get into DotA Paulie.
It's the good times
I think I'm gunna play LoL for quite a while longer still, at least until I get to the point where when I pick up DotA, learning another 100~ champs isn't going to be too daunting and confusing hahaha, but nonetheless I definitely want to get into it some time!

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Looks like Sydney had a pretty decent showing too, hopefully that can continue. I am planning to drive to the next Canberra tournament, so let me know if anyone's interested in a lift. Hopefully we can organise this well ahead of time just to make sure we all know what's happening.

I also have to say that is one scary brawl bracket. Hopefully we can get a few more entrants next time, else I don't fancy my chances of getting too far! Big congratulations to Shaya for taking it in the end. I saw Apollo has started uploading recordings which is really great. I'm not sure how many are coming, but I look forward to watching them all =). For those who are unaware, you can find his channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/zApples13

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the next one!

Last edited:

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Point taken! Things will bebetter next time :).

Looks like Sydney had a pretty decent showing too, hopefully that can continue. I am planning to drive to the next Canberra tournament, so let me know if anyone's interested in a lift. Hopefully we can organise this well ahead of time just to make sure we all know what's happening.

I also have to say that is one scary brawl bracket. Hopefully we can get a few more entrants next time, else I don't fancy my chances of getting too far! Big congratulations to Shaya for taking it in the end. I saw Apollo has started uploading recordings which is really great. I'm not sure how many are coming, but I look forward to watching them all =). For those who are unaware, you can find his channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/zApples13

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the next one!
Glad you already got housing arranged! Since the next tourney's at a convention, I'm sure there will be more casuals. I'll be posting up on it soon :).

Tin Man

Smash Hero
The Facebook and Smashboards page for Canberra Colosseum 6 are officially up! Here are a few at a glance details about the tourney:

1. Revised schedule. The tournament is expected to finish by 8pm
2. 4 events. Singles for SSBB, SSBM, and PM as well as either doubles or Low tier for each game. Smash 64 is also in the running. This will be done via votes on the Canberra Smash Players Facebook group!

Canberra Smash Players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CanberraSmashPlayers

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1458705041035344

Smashboards: http://smashboards.com/threads/act-...sbb-ssbm-pm-a-side-event-june-14-2014.341400/

Last edited:

Tin Man

Smash Hero
In less than a week, Canberra Colosseum 6 is happening! And with a new low tier tournament in the mix, it will be interesting to see how the results turn out. Here are a few at a glance details about this tournament!

1. 10am-8pm planned schedule (for more details please refer to either of the links below).
2. $10 Venue & $5 events.
3. Located at the Manning Clarke Centre at the ANU, Same venue as CC5.
4. Low tiers allow the bottom two tiers of this tier list: http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/PAL_tier_list

More updates will be posted through the week in the Canberra Smash Players group:

www.facebook.com/groups/canberrasmashplayers

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1458705041035344/

Smashboards: http://smashboards.com/threads/act-...b-ssbm-pm-ssbm-low-tiers-june-14-2014.341400/

Last edited:

Gords

Smash Champion
OK guys

MLG is two weeks away and I will be hosting a big meet that goes the whole weekend.
Details are as follows:
Where: UNSW
When: Friday 20th June - Mon 23rd June (MLG stream probs 9-10am)
What: activities include Watching MLG Streams, all iterations of Smash Bros, Pikmin 3, Mario 3D Worlds, Mario Kart 8 (if my copy doesnt get here in time someone feel free to bring it) or any other games people want to play. If people want to bring board/card games feel free, if people want to go see a movie thats cool too.
possibly attend YSB on the 21st june
lets just have fun.

Expect to get little sleep and the sleep you get to be on the floor, bring your own blanket/sleeping bag as I don't have very many.
People are ok to come and go throughout this time as they please.

Let me know if you can make it.

Note I will be doing something similar for Evo (july 12th weekend)

Last edited:
Top Bottom