• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Just a reminder to say my Bday is on the 26th of Feb.
You're welcome to send me presents so PM me and I'll reply with my posting address.

<3 from Toki

:phone:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
An entire country celebrates on my birthday.

Although I don't live in that country...

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Lol EA you told me to stop acting ghetto and making jokes about getting ladies because you thought it was bad humour. That style of humour is funny in pretty much every young community except for the gaming one. So I'm not going to feel bad when you criticise my perception of humour, because your perception clearly lacks perspective outside of the gaming community.

Aussie humour (of everyday people, not television shows) is sarcasm and taking the piss out of your mates, often involving physical pranks.

Gamer's humour (for the most part) isn't really Aussie humour. This is apparent to people who have networked extensively outside of the gaming community.

People here are just being rude to others. That's not really humour either.

escro

Smash Ace
Youre being ruder by calling us a bunch of socially awkward gamers
Stop bragging about how big your social **** is
Anyway if you dont agree with what ppl say here then just dont post replies
Doesnt take much brains to figure that out

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789

This started because Ted started antagonising me after I made a harmless comment about my birthday, which everyone was doing at the time.

I have never said gamers are socially awkward, I myself am a gamer. I just said that the humour in this thread isn't really typical Aussie humour. EA then insulted me for saying that, and I responded by saying if you've networked outside of the gaming community, you would know that gamer humour is different to standard Aussie humour.

How you got "you think gamers are socially awkward and that you're better than us" is beyond me.

All I've done is make a comment about my birthday, then argue that the humour in this thread isn't really standard Aussie humour. All the insults and antagonistic behaviour are coming from the other side.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
It was a decent call actually, I'll pay that.

I don't think he would have liked it if I had made that call on him though. Which is why I think he was being antagonistic.

swordsaint

Smash Master

Even i figured that out eventually.

Just gotta let it roll over your head. no point getting in to fights over it.

escro

Smash Ace
I am currently going through the worst day of my entire existence and i do not wish to make myself feel worse by continuing this idiotic banter
Clearly you have no higher understanding of how your careless words can have a negative impact on people other than yourself
My suggestion for to quite frankly shut the **** up was my attempt to help the both of us
It doesnt matter if it was ted who started it, what are you, four? Im sure nobody needs to tell you that two wrongs doesnt make a right

Edit: thanks scoot
Also **** me i just ****ing choked on my food because of how mad i am about everything

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I am currently going through the worst day of my entire existence and i do not wish to make myself feel worse by continuing this idiotic banter
Clearly you have no higher understanding of how your careless words can have a negative impact on people other than yourself
My suggestion for to quite frankly shut the **** up was my attempt to help the both of us
It doesnt matter if it was ted who started it, what are you, four? Im sure nobody needs to tell you that two wrongs doesnt make a right

So then why haven't you had a go at Ted and EA for insulting me unprovoked?
Not only was I attacked unprovoked, I never attacked them back. I never resulted to insults like they did, I just explained my point.

If you're having a bad day, then I'm sorry for you. That still doesn't give you the right to have a go at me and expect me to not respond. If this is unbearable for you, then don't read the thread or post. You can't expect me to not respond to unprovoked insults because you're having a bad day.

I haven't said anything carless. Ted and EA are the ones who are insulting people, not me. In fact I've actually spoken to people about the negative impact their posts have on people. Other people are noticing that their behaviour is troubling people. So saying that I'm careless with my posts is setting a massive double-standard.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397

Oh no! I think I'm being antagonistic, oh wait, I think it's called a joke.... Nahhh I must be some antagonist from.... Finding nemo or something.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789

Oh no! I think I'm being antagonistic, oh wait, I think it's called a joke.... Nahhh I must be some antagonist from.... Finding nemo or something.

They're not joking though. Calling me a ****ing idiot and the like, completely unrprovoked isn't joking.

They don't have to like me, but they shouldn't have to attack me unprovoked.

If I made the comments to Ted that he makes to me and other people, he'd say that it was innapropriate, and that how you guys are a tight-knit community that will always protect each other. So no, he's not joking because he wouldn't like it in return.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I like how Ted has no say in what he's apparently doing.
If I make a comment and it offends someone, or they interpret it as rude, it doesn't matter what my intention was, that doesn't change the fact that the person was still offended.

Toki- You're said they were joking, I'm telling you they're not...

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
General rule about Ted. If you have a problem with Ted, take it up with Ted, not some public rant.
I'm not confronting Ted though.

I'm responding to Escro, who is setting a double standard for criticising me for my behaviour, but not Ted for his. That was the point I was making.

I was also pointing out to Toki that Ted clearly isn't joking when he makes comments like that about me, because he wouldn't like it in return.

Everything I've said about him isn't to call him out or anything, it's to defend myself against someone else that's said something where he is relevant.

I'm happy to have a civil discussion with him if he wants. I just don't like him insulting people unprovoked. I know from experience as a newcomer it can turn people off from joining the community.

tedeth

Smash Master
1. I saw a hilarious call.
2. I took it.
3. Dre says that is "gamer humor", not "Aussie humor". Aussie humor is taking the piss. Lol.
4. Dre then implies that anyone who found it funny hasn't networked outside of gaming communities, again acting like the pretentious, egotistical loudmouth he has proven himself to be.
5. Escro, candidate for biggest champ of 2012, takes exception to said implication.

Have a cry Dre. What I said before was not designed to insult you. I was indeed just "taking the piss". Then you got back up on your high horse of stupidity and started making allegations against our community again. Very, very false allegations. In future, please refrain from being ****ing ********.

That one was designed to offend you, just to clarify.

Top Bottom