• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

Bjay

Smash Lord
Great initiative tedeth, you've got my support!

Great progress with a tournament already happening so far as well. January 18th (Sunday) is a nice date. If this goes ahead, I should be a maybe for now.

I've also got something on the night before, so if I go, at worse I should only sleep deprived, which is no biggy.

Dedu

Smash Lord
haha.

Sleep deprivation doesn't affect Brawl.

but it affects meleeeeeeeee BIG time!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol you cant escape!!!
anyways if I come witch I prob's will,
I'll bring you a GC memory card cause apparently you lost yours and I have a few spares.

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
I should definitely be able to come. *yay*

Tedeth might u possibly be able to put the date/venue and people expected on the first post, please. So new people looking at the thread don't need to scan it for all the information.

Hoping to have money matches with incredibly sleep deprived Bjay at the end of the day *yay*. Even though i've never even met him *yay*.

Yep.

->End of Post<-

tedeth

Smash Master
Yeah I'll make an official post with an attendance list, full rules and other info when I've got a confirmed date for the venue. I still havn't heard back from them but hopefully it won't be too long.

tedeth

Smash Master
Ok well the place i wanted to hire is undergoing refurbishment untill the end of January so that puts a spanner in the works. Also is seems every other suitable place is used for church on Sundays. Looks like God has foiled my plans again.

So there are 3 options from this point:
1. Postpone event untill Early Feb

2. Change event day to the 17th

3. Change event location to somewhere like blacktown and hope to get a hall there

What does everyone think?

Zero

Smash Hero
Blacktown would be better, having to wait even longer for a tournament :< I guess I'd just organise one in the HV in the holidays to fill the gap. Defeats the purpose of this thread though, haha.

tedeth

Smash Master
Well if anyone knows anywhere we can hold it in blacktown that would be fine, I'd be willing to organise hall hire and everything, but I enquired about the LEAST expensive looking hall on the Blacktown city council list of halls for hire and they were like "It's $1100 for the first 6 hours and $95 for each additional hour" so i was like "maybe not."

Zero

Smash Hero
What the hell, are they offering some sort of exquisite service for your troubles? That's pretty outrageous, but I guess demand could be high. But that gives me an idea...

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Totally a latecomer here, but Blacktown represent! More specifically Quakers Hill, but Western Sydney nonetheless. I'm actually surprised about the amount of Blacktown-ish smashers that have popped up in this thread, it's pretty exciting. Loads of smashers I don't have to travel hours to play with? *drool*

Anyway, good to see you're taking the initiative and organising some ****, Tedeth.

As to the tourney dealie, Parra > Penrith IMO, much better geographically and the area itself is pretty sweet. Granville might be a good idea too, as it's pretty convenient from a public transport point of view.

Also this is something I was thinking about before Don't Come, but I didn't really want to bring it up on the eve of a large regional tourney. In any case, I was considering hosting a meet (or meets) at my place. It's still just an idea, but this thread has at least given me confidence that there are people in this area or people willing to travel out here.

About the place... I don't really have a huge amount of room, I could probably fit around 6 or so, or more if I can convince the family to go out someplace during a meet. It's a pretty short walk from the train station. Shops are reasonably close (lunch). Only problem is with three siblings the place is a mess, but I'm sure that's not a problem.

But yeah, I really don't know if my parents will allow it, as I said it's just an idea at this point. I'm mainly wondering about the kind of interest in something like this. Depending on feedback I might try to organise something, so do comment on the idea, people. :3

Anyway swet az western sydney thread fk yeah and stuff. :D

tedeth

Smash Master
That sounds good e-alert, I'm sure I'll find a place that's suitable. I'm pretty commited to get it running on the 18th as originally planned as long as I find a hall. But hey if you ever hold a meet, now you know you'd get a decent response. :p

@ Enigmatic: Yeah the problem isn't finding a hall to hire in prneith, it's finding a hall that has station access and isn't used for church on a sunday. I enquired for 5 of the places on that list and they all had issues with church. However, I will check out the Parramatta ones. The only reason I was a bit reluctant about Parramatta in the first place is because it's so **** far for me lol. But I'll call about some of the Parra places today.

Edit: The Venue Booking office is apparently unavailable today at parramatta. How frustrating.

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
@ e_alert.. regular meets so close to where i live is a great idea, so id be interested :D.

@tedeth.. lol enigmatic.. my feelings :(... also.. thanks for being so awesome in organizing/inquiring all of these things.. you rock!!

for those who didnt get shayas joke:

Shabbat or Shabbos (Hebrew: שַׁבָּת, shabbāt, shabbes, "rest/inactivity"), is the weekly Sabbath or day of rest in Judaism, symbolizing the seventh day in Genesis, after the six days of creation. Though it is commonly said to be the Saturday of each week, it is observed from sundown on Friday until the appearance of three stars in the sky on Saturday night.

tedeth

Smash Master
Well I did put forward the possibility of Saturday the 17th but nobody seemed interested in doing that. That would be doable though.

Edit: We still couldn't do it in Kingswood but maybe at Emu Plains instead.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Looking good so far.

Also Saturday's fine for me. Emu Plains is an interesting location.

People work and play sport on Saturday, thus Sunday is hailed as the day off.
And people go to church and be religious n stuff on Sundays, often considering it a "day of rest", thus they don't go out or anything (except church).

In reality, whether we choose Saturday or Sunday, we're going to be cutting off a portion of attendance. It's a non-issue, or rather, an unresolvable issue.

And of course Weekdays are out of the question... *sigh*

Zero

Smash Hero
Heh, weekdays, stupid workers. :D But it is Christmas holidays for a lot of people, maybe if you could find a weekday that was completely available for most people, then it might be ok. Or the 17th is fine too.

tedeth

Smash Master
Shaya I do the national fencing circuit every year. Every year I go to Perth, Adelaide, Melboune and Brisbane. I travel alot. I'm happy to travel into sydney for tourneys, but I'm hoping to bring 3 TVs to this tourney and that would be annoying if it's a long trip.

Top Bottom