• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

Gords

Smash Champion
speaking of meets

sydneys last major tourney was dec 08, dont come, and a very large and successful meet happened just a week before. expect similar things to happen come the weekend of the 27th and 28th march everybody.

details coming soon

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Alright boys, got the confirmation. atm I'm good to host biweekly meets to "see how it goes," but I'm sure we'll progress to weekly soon enough. :)

It's subject to change, but these will most likely start next Saturday.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Sweet stuff dude. The irony continues. :p

Gords, MSN me tonight or something, I need all the replays you have from the 13th.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I'm sorry, but what irony? And why do I get the feeling that I'm going to regret asking?
So is the combo vid done yet?!?
The irony of you being able to come starting from the time you said you couldn't. :p

And it wont be done for a while, it's not an overnight job lol. I'm still collecting footage.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
It's comfirmed!!!! Fridays are free!!! At least they were...... now I've got smash on.....
Irony is lame.

Who still needs to give you footage and why aren't they doing it yesterday?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Foxy - Gords mainly, I might need to get something off Scabe too (he gave me a bunch of replays from TII, I don't know if the one ted wants is in there though). Also I spent all today downloading anything tedeth from Shaya's YT account and downloading soundtracks... still not done with Shaya stuff... soo many... ._.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Foxy - Gords mainly, I might need to get something off Scabe too (he gave me a bunch of replays from TII, I don't know if the one ted wants is in there though). Also I spent all today downloading anything tedeth from Shaya's YT account and downloading soundtracks... still not done with Shaya stuff... soo many... ._.
Yeah there's like heaps of cool stuff that Ted does on me in those replays. Like in a bracket match with Wolf he does like something and it ends in ****. :p

Edit: Turns out I don't have it. :urg:

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Just so people know, there will NOT be a meet at mine tomorrow, biweeklies at mine start Saturday week.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
There's a tourney in two weeks, check the Boost thread. Not sure of anything in the way of meets, I know Shaya hosts some on occasion but from what I hear they tend to be invite-only.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
keep us updated on your meets ea, chances are every so often a bunch of us canberrians will come down for the day to chill and ****

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Yeah no problem dude, having you ACT pros up here every once in a while would be mad. :)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
You guys suck. :(

Combo video may or may not be done within a week, depending on how co-operative this DVD burnt with Gords' DVDR wants to be.

Current victims of said DVD:
Windows Media Player

Edit: I was going to go through various players to see which ones it killed, but I cbf so I just cut to the chase and tested it in DGMPGDec - it's demuxing fine, if a little slow.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
GORDS, here is that link I was talking about:

http://pokemon.gamingetc.com/

You may also want to read through this thread if you have time, it has more links, although I think the one above is the best by far.

btw, we pretty much wasted that hour trying to figure out how to get your DVDR to switch to 4:3, it was recording in 4:3 anyway, looooool.

Gords

Smash Champion
Loooooooool.

So does the it still look right since we had the wii to 4:3 on the widescreen.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Yes, it would have.

Wii would be outputting 16:9, DVDR then resizes it to fit 4:3 on recording. They are completely separate operations.

If you want to record in widescreen, you would set Brawl to wide, record it, then you'd need to deinterlace and condense it vertically to 360p manually. This was the way I got widescreen smash on my YT before I stopped bothering.

Gords

Smash Champion
ok guys here are the details of the biggest smash meet in over a year
Smash Till Dawn Smashfest 2

Thats right Sydney, I hosted one of these before Sydneys last major, OHN7, and im doing it again this time. Come and get some hardcore training before Thriller or just come and have some fun.

Date: Sat 27th - Sun 28th March (weekend before Easter, 2 weeks before Thriller)
Time: 12noon - 4pm (28 hrs of Smash, or whatever)
Location: My place (campbelltown,will PM exact address to attendees list closer to the day)
My phone: 0433 671 938 (call if you get lost)

Expect to see BRAWL, MELEE, SSB64, NSMBW, MK NDS, MK64, PKM HGSS, PPL, XS ENERGY and more. Also very likely that i will hold a house tourney or put on crue matches on saturday arvo. A little bit of something for everyone so your all welcome. 'Doesn't matter if your black or white' everyboday can come along. Canberra guys, Hunter Valley/Newcastle guys, Sydney guys even OoSers, your all welcome to an epic fun filled weekend of smash.

The best way to get to my place by public transport would be to catch a train to Campbelltown station and then the 880 Busways bus (to minto station) from the west side (Farrow road) of campbelltown station and get off at the corner of Dobell rd and Drysdale st, then walk from there. (if you reach the high school on the corner of drysdale and malachite rds with the basket ball courts then you have gone to far. Get off there and walk back the way the bus came)
However I only have 2 TVs and 1 wii so I can only really make this work with the help of those who can bring TVs and equipment. So to people who can drive, it would be great if you can bring a TV or pick up someone who needs a lift so they can bring theirs.

Also I will be providing some kind of lunch (dont know what it will be yet but most likely pies and sausage rolls or similar) but for dinner, if there's enough cars to accomadate everyone, I was thinking of going to Pizza Hut the Works. This will cost $15 for all you can eat plus $3.50 for all you can drink per person. (sizzler is an option too but is further away and slightly more expensive). If we cant/dont want to we can just order pizza at $10 per large pizza (hopefully cheaper if i can find some discount vouchers).

I dont have much in the way of sleeping gear either so if you want to sleep you will need to bring your own sleeping gear and find a spot on the floor somewhere to sleep. Although we have plenty of cussions to use as pillows so all you really need is some kind of blanket. But lets be honest, who needs sleep anyway.

So if you can make it please reply letting me know what equipment you can bring. Ideally 1 TV per 3 people would be best as i would like to have some team matches. And remember to bring your own controls. Also to those who bring TVs I will pay for your drinks at Pizza Hut if we go.

Current Attendies= 3 ()
Me: Gords - 2 TVs, Wii, Brawl, Melee
EA
Ted

Equipment
TVs: 2 ()
Wiis: 1 ()
Gamecubes: ()
Brawl: 1 ()
Melee: 1 ()

(brackets) mean prossibly

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Confirmed with TV/Wii/Cube/Brawl/Melee/etc.

I propose we have a 100%-NTSC Melee experience at this one!

I'll see if I can arrange to somehow bring 2 TVs.

tedeth

Smash Master
I agree, NTSC = win.

I'll prolly go, can't see anytihg stopping me atm. Don't think I have a fencing comp this wknd.

In other news, in today's fencing comp I came 2nd which is pretty decent. :)

tedeth

Smash Master
Ok, so there's no meet on Friday as I will be on a plane. However, for anyone who wants to come on Thursday, this week I can have a meet then.

I assume Foxy can't come, at least not 'till like 4 or something. :(

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
You doubt Foxy? That's the most epic news of all. I have Thursdays and Fridays off!!!! I only found out like just then it just worked out like that. Like there were a few things that could have been on thursday or wednesday and they're all on wednesday. So I've got the loooong weekend off. You know it.

So I'll be there on Thursday......... tomorow.

Shimmy!!!

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
We'll talk more about it tomorow, but I think we need to re-test that tether fail thing. I've already sent a PM to EA asking him to check it with frame by frame codes. But long story short, I think we screwed up....
How embarassing.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Fun meet today. Good to meet Jake, we gotta get that guy on smashboards. :p

SO YEAH, meet at mine this saturday guys, bring a couple of bucks to split for drinks.

Top Bottom