• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NSW thread

jazblack009

Smash Ace
LOL yeah where the f*ck have i been?
caotic for new years? all right! but max is over melee :p
so its just me and the caotic for new years? i wonder if sydney has any more smash left in it lol

you got something in mind cao? i was just gonna wait for some randoms invitation to a party lol

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
[THREAD REViVAL]

Aight so I have alot more free time at my new job, Jaz im leaving this decision up to you? We going to Anthology of Melbourne Commando's going commando *Cough* Markarse *Cough* If so yeah we gotta start eventually working out what we will be doing, duration and blah etc.

And I may need some training I don't want to place LAST at this comp, and I want to be capable of hearing
Mark - "Bloody Stupid peach"
Shaz/ZEREUL - "You do know his/Im using Zelda NOT peach"
Mark - "I don't care their both the same"

And if I suck Mark will just devour my Zelda instead on me totally irritating him with tilt combos.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
when i get back i hope to get some smash in between work
i hope i'm going to comrades i havn't booked a flight or anything
and i may not be able to afford it after wii and twilight princess and mario galaxy

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Ok well I just got my PS2.

Snes
N64
Gameboy Colour
Gamecube
Gameboy advance
Xbox
Nintendo DS
Xbox 360
PS2...

**** thats alot of consoles... oh well I have alot of spare time :p

Well if Jaz doesn't go, I don't either, yeah it would be cool to hang with Shaz, Gloth and Mark... but without Jaz.. you know.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
yehs! that's teh awesomeorz
ribs and cold rock ftw AAAAAAAAH HAHAHAHA!
i'm pretty sure i'll be there Zed but i'm not holding your hand ;)
you have to talk and verse everyone and team up with someone else, i'm pretty sure i'm with markarse now
i hear link apprentice is going....

Scrubs

Smash Lord
I am still totally amazed that a state of 6 million people can't scrape together a smash scene. I think someone should write a book about it. It is amazing.

NG7

Smash Lord
HAHAHAHAHA.

This is why Ben is sometimes referred to as "God".

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
I am still totally amazed that a state of 6 million people can't scrape together a smash scene. I think someone should write a book about it. It is amazing.
Try converting ppl from Wow/Halo to Smash. They won't - why? Coz its ONLINE!!!11one!!1!1! No need for friends to come round and play Halo or WoW. Its all anonymous, over the net battling. The Wii will change that and make it more personal due to 'online codes'

There are too many XBOX fanboys in the western world. America and Australia included. Only console that game lounges host is XBOX. TGR is an exception as they host GC consoles along with XBOX/360 consoles. Therefore XBOX RULEZ.

As much as I'd love to see a GC game lounge anywhere...

jazblack009

Smash Ace
SMASH MEET​

Details

where: Bondi

when: 20th and 21st of december

time: after 11:00 am both days

BYO controller

updates to come!

Attending: 13

Jaz/Jarryd (organiser)
Matraville

Ellaphant/Mat
Matraville

The Brown One/Carlos
Hillsdale

Nesis/ Stephen
Baulkham hills

Zereul/Alex
Wollongong

Funky/Simon
Edensor park

Kulla/Simon
Watsons Bay

Berimbau/Patrick
Coogee

Rice/Kit
Bondi

Fork/Simon (host)
Bondi

Fonti/Jonti
Bondi

Abhorsen/Cameron
Bondi

To be Confirmed: 6

F*ckFaceMcGee/Damien

Big Nash/?

Come Back Kid/?

Rane/?

Dedu/Stu

Revolution/ Tyler

Contact

If you wish to attend sydneys biggest smash meet ever than contact me @:

PM or post to me Here

Unplugged009@hotmail.com

jazblack009

Smash Ace
this is so we get into practice :p
and i guess we'll have to have a tourny seeing as so many will be there >.<
we'll get everyone to bring like $20 and half for pizza and half for prize money?
thats just an idea, some of you may just want a meet which is fine

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
So you sydney people burden me with having to look at the second page for this thread...

I don't know what to say, im speachless...

Anyway whats happening with this little smash meet for some reason a greasy merchant said it ain't happening because the host is a wanted man and is fleeing the state, in which case I could host as I have the day off.

Abhorsen

Smash Cadet
Yeh is this happening or not? It's only 2-3 days away and I haven't heard anything from Fork. If he's on msn tonight i'll ask him but it doesn't look like much has happened :confused:

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
[Thread... revival/funeral]

Aight well apparently NSW smash players don't play smash... so yeah **** that ****.

Oh and another thing Christmas ****ing sucks.

Jaz

Smash Ace
smash account got f*cked... but yeah here to say a final note on this thread
if you want to verse me and your from sydney... pm me or talk to me on msn
if you want to hold a smash meet in sydney, get a venue first with atleast 3 tvs and we'll talk
If you want to see smash at its next level, travel to melbourne... or PM me and i'll try to show you.

those are the Sydney Smash rules anyone else is free to hold what they like on thier own but if you want to vs Jaz or hold a decent smash meet with people from all over sydney, the rules are up there.

-Jaz

KoopaFTW

Smash Rookie
hey jaz, im from wollongong... well im moving up there on the 17th for uni, i wouldnt mind playing you but i cant really hold a meet. I might be able to make regular trips up to sydney once i move to wollongong but atm im in ulladulla.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
hey jaz, im from wollongong... well im moving up there on the 17th for uni, i wouldnt mind playing you but i cant really hold a meet. I might be able to make regular trips up to sydney once i move to wollongong but atm im in ulladulla.

for the record, i just changed my name... so this is KoopaFTW but now called ComboTurtle :)

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Ah Wollongong smash scene for the win.

Man... we suck.

but for the record Jaz.... who Won the first match. Oh yeah Jiggy > Captain Falcon!!!

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
What match? Was it last week's meet?

I had fun getting to know you all at Simon's place (Kulla?). Thanks for the invite Jaz!

ComboTurtle: You're going up to Sydney for uni purposes? That's cool. Which uni u going to?

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
What match? Was it last week's meet?

I had fun getting to know you all at Simon's place (Kulla?). Thanks for the invite Jaz!

ComboTurtle: You're going up to Sydney for uni purposes? That's cool. Which uni u going to?

im going to wollongong for uni purposes, but i was saying i could travel up to sydney to attend meets etc... :)

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
Yay!

Back on topic. Comboturtle I understand where you're coming from. Sydney does need a more serious place for smashers to meet up and have tournaments. I'm having a bit of trouble trying to organise a more serious smash meet at my uni atm coz uni hasn't started yet lol. But I can still mention it to the uni gamer's website and see what they think of it.

On every friday at my Uni, starting from the 2nd of March, there's a games club for everyone from 12pm to 6pm - 7pm. But the people who go there and play are just noobs/scrubs.

Funky and I have meets there every friday and if we can get more serious smashers there - the better it is for everyone.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Keep at it, if a few people get into it and by luck you could suddenly have somewhat of a scene.

Pretty much what happened with Tassie, but now...

Wee will see.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Tassie did a NSW.

OMG WEH AVE PPL SUDENLY>
LETS DO E THIG.

Omg. I HATSUIE SMAHS SLOTH IS HOMO<>

bye bye scene.

But good luck on it tho!! ^_^

Jaz

Smash Ace
Z your too cute, baloons<spandex

lol its like everyone's cheering on people trying to have an orgy
yeah you can do it guys!

Keep at it, if a few people get into it and by luck you could suddenly...

OMG WEH AVE PPL SUDENLY>
LETS DO E THIG.

Omg. I HATSUIE SMAHS SLOTH IS HOMO

XD but seriously , tom, will be getting into wollongong next week: saturday, so we'll host somethin in a fortnight, Z you will lead Comboturtle to Kulla's house, everyone else knows how to get there
so if this scen does get revived, its kulla's fault XD

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
XD. Will keep that in mind sloth.

Yeah Kulla's house... What time and date?
Oh yeah I saw him in the city on thursday. Said he was good.

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
I will see what I can do, currently broke...

and theres the time factor, maybe next time if I have a few days off I will crash at someones house first.

Lets examine last time

Wollongong to Sydney travel time 2hrs 40 minutes

Stay at Kulla's for 4hrs

Sydney to Wollongong travel time 2hrs 50 minutes due to delay.

With almost 6 hours of travelling I would probly like to stay longer.

Radiance

Smash Journeyman
HEY..

im coming down to sydney to enter a tournament that isnt smash related!

however..

i have no place to stay :urg: , would anyone be able to host me for a night or two, anything would be appreciated..

the location i need to be within 1 hour of public transport is: Sydney Olympic Park Sports Centre, Olympic Boulevarde, Olympic Park Homebush.

The dates are from: 2nd of march - 4th of march, if anyone can put me up anywhere between those 2 days, please post and i can smash it up with anyone for the time im there, i'd also host anyone who was able to host me if you/whoever were to ever come up to queensland.

Plz and Thx.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Ok so we're having a meet in sydney, yeah? ill need to catch the train up most likely, zereful will u be going on train? cause it would be good to go with someone, anyways yer sounds good gtg to sleep its 350am and has been a big nigh,t ciao.

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
Ya Australia not even good at Pokemon cards! There's more stories about kids fighting over cards than the actual card competitions themselves! The days of the pokemon craze...

Kid 1: I'll trade my Blastoise and Charizard for your Mew.
Kid 2: No wai!
Kid 1: But that Mew is soo hard to find! Ok I'll add my Alakazam!
Kid 2: O rly?!? I'm not letting ANYONE have it!
Kid 1: But I REEEAAALLLYY want it!!!! *tries to take card from other kid*
Kid 2: HEY! *punches kid 1 in the stomach and nabs Mew card and kid 1's cards.*

Back on topic. Radiance - what's the prize for the Yu Gi Oh comp?

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
1st prize is a $2000 laptop
2nd - 4th is a PSP
5th - 8th is a DS
There are 80gig ipod comps as well and box's of teh cards. I won a comp on the north side of brissy a few years back and won 3 booster box's (24 booster packs per box) of my choice weeeeeee.

Top Bottom