• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NSW thread

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
Radiance I can offer housing for that weekend but where I live, it takes at LEAST an hour of going through public transport to get to homebush olympic stadium.

Ya most 'seemingly' kiddy competitions don't really have that many kids in comparison to young adults attending. Funny how that works out...

2 Grand Laptop as first prize... Hmm that's a pretty decent 1st prize for a card competition.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll be in Sydney in a couple of weeks, if I'm not in Dubai for a conference

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
News Flash: Smash meet on this friday. Anybody interested in coming - read this:

Place: 1 Cove st, Watson's bay
Time: 11am, Friday

Be there!!!

Radiance

Smash Journeyman
Radiance I can offer housing for that weekend but where I live, it takes at LEAST an hour of going through public transport to get to homebush olympic stadium.

Ya most 'seemingly' kiddy competitions don't really have that many kids in comparison to young adults attending. Funny how that works out...

2 Grand Laptop as first prize... Hmm that's a pretty decent 1st prize for a card competition.
Yeah, i might take you up on that deal if possible, is friday and saturday night cool with you?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The beauty of the Smash community - free housing in any city you crash. gg Smash Community.

And... Watson's Bay Smashfest? I want in... when I come :)

EDIT - Yes Juggie, even Bratislava

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, i might take you up on that deal if possible, is friday and saturday night cool with you?
Yep Friday/Saturday nite's fine with me.

Oh if I were in the U-G-O comp then I would've rather gotten 5th - 8th place coz DS wins over PSP for me anyday!

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
ok im lugging all my stuff up to wollongong tomorrow so ill probably be keen for any meets from now on as long as i dont have to work or anything :)

p.s how did todays meet go?

Jaz

Smash Ace
BI-WEEKLIES​

Place: 1 Cove st, Watson's bay
Time: 11am

POSTPONED ONE WEEK AND A DAY

MARCH 9

Talk to Jaz on MSN (unplugged009@hotmail.com) About any details regarding the Biweeklies.

Kulla has honorably agreed to be the host of a new bi-weekly system set up for thursdays/fridays.
so this coming week (22 and 23 of febuary) will be a no-show for smash, but the week after and every fortnight henceforth we will definetly have something on, at the address and time mentioned earlier.
Who i hope to see there besides the host and a mirror:

Dedu
Funky
BJ
Comboturtle
Abhorsen
Brown One

ANYONE INTERESTED IN PLAYING SMASH IS INVITED

so counting everyone thats 9 people o.O near the biggest sydney smash thing ever lol
aaaaaaaaahahahahah lol
so bring your friends, controllers, money for the best pizza sold in a kebab shop on earth and most importantly your sexy little selves, now as for those who aren't... on good terms with the public transpost system... ahem

Guide to Watson's Bay

The only way to get to the venue via Bus is by the 380 bus "Watson's Bay" which leaves from Bondi Junction, Bus stop "A". To get to the series of Bondi Junction bus stops, located directly above Bondi Junction Station you have two options: Bus and Train

TRAIN
Catch any train heading to Central station and then take the Eastern Suburbs And Illawarra Line train which departs from Central Station Platform 24 .
Once you arrive at Bondi Junction Train station make your way to the Oxford street exit go up the escalator and you should already be inside the Bus station central.(skip to 380 Bus section

BUS
I can't recall every bus route that leads to Bondi Junction Station but theres an excellent little website that does:
http://www.131500.info/realtime/newjourney.asp
it's very simple to work, you put the closest bus stop to you in the "From" or "1" section in the second section type in bondi junction station The Third section is called "when" you should select the options: "Arive Before"than select the date in the second box which in this case would be the 1st of March, and your last option should be "10:20am" leaving you plenty of time to get to kulla's place ^_^

you'll be asked to check if the details are correct or change the stations selected, make sure the second option says "Bondi Junction Station (Location)"
than choose a route from the options and get your arse over to Bondi Junction Bus station Central. (skip to 380 Bus section

==========​

380 Bus
You should now be directly above Bondi Junction Train Station, in the Bus station Central
They have Many bus' leaving from many different bus stops in this station, each categorsied by letters of the alphabet, your looking for Bus Stop "A" and your catching the 380 bus to Watson's Bay (not to Dover Height's).

Once on the bus, relax and take in the excellent views of Bondi Beach and later on the ocean over the cliff's in Vaucluse as you make your way to the venue You get off at the last stop.
as soon as you get off you should be infront of a place called Robertson Park.

The Scenic Route
I've even got a map here to show you how easy it is to get to the venue, and so you can enjoy the scenic route straight away rather than getting lost:

[urlhttp://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/Jazblack009/smashmap.jpg[/url]

quite simple, the bus icon is where the bus drops you off
the red man is you, all you have to do is follow the red line to the venue.

walk down through Robertson park via the pathway all the way down towards the ocean. when you reach the end of the path you should veer right and cross military road where it imitates a roundabout. now on your right should be shops and on your left is a view of the city that only rich people get to see but today you get to steal it from them for a little.
follow the path adjacent to (in line with) the beach all the way to the end.

At the end of this walkway there should be steps leading up to cove street, take the stepsand right on the corner there should be 1 Cove Street, cream coloured with about 3 steep stone steps leading up to a caramel wooden door, which can be found if you follow cove street to the left and look right,
press the buzzer and we'll come down to eat your soul ^_^

IF YOU GET LOST
Call Jaz on 0400484945

now no one has an excuse for not knowing how to get there.

-Jaz

Jaz

Smash Ace
i'm sorry radience, but i'll be working on the weekend so theres no way i could host you buddy >.<. although i'll try get round to versing you if i finish early friday
This year is going to be very busy for me lol so i think i'll have just enough time to run these bi-weeklies and thats it...
Z do something useful and put Sydney Bi-Weeklies into the thread title you dope, the population doesn't equal zero it equals 9 :p
Combo turtle... talk to Z when you get a chance in the next week you'll be training it with him so... also stop double posting, i have to couble post because i made a guide soz... just press edit and you can change what ya sed anywayz

Cao we will set up a smash meet for your arrival baby don't worry

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
Jaz -

LOL last friday was fun! You kept falling asleep on the bus on the way home!

You forgot the ferry route to Watson's Bay. It's the fastest alternative compared to the slowcoach bus system but it costs a dollar extra and it goes from the city to Watson's bay.
It goes from Circular Quay platform 4, stops at Garden Bay (I think) and keeps going to Watson's Bay. The trip takes about 10 - 15mins to get there.

Thanks for the detailed info on how to get to Kulla's place - I might need it if the ferry happens to fail on the day.
Oh and No John's to those who have trouble with the transport system. Sure Funky and Bjay had probs with the ferry route to Watson's bay but I was more than happy to lead them through it.

ComboTurtle-
i wouldnt, just sell the psp and then buy a ds and keep the leftover $$$$
Hmm... most stores offer PSP trades from $150 ~ $200. Unless you are lucky to get the receipt with the prize on the day.

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Change the name of the thread.... :O You have no idea how tremendously difficult that is. First I have to travel to an unknown location on Earth and meet with the Arcitech (Of Smash boards) and have tea with him and then pleade him to change it and if he decides to im in his debt.

Otherwise I can just edit the name manually...

Next time i come im staying at your place Jaz on the friday night, 5 hrs is too much travel for one day or something like that.

Jaz

Smash Ace
lol sleep at mine? you'll regret that for sure
soz cao i'm busy on the 9th goin to a fall out boy concert ROFL
the tickets free, but i'll end up paying for it in the long run
but 10th and 11th... if there's a thurday in those dates... perhaps. If it becomes an issue i'll cancel the concert thing i might be working on the weekend by then though....
i'll get back to you aye

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Those dates are for the weekend, if you can't do something is Stuart able to?

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
NEWS TO ALL SYDNEY SMASHERS

_2nd Update!_

Smash Tourney to be held at UTS on the 11th of March. We're looking at a 11am arrival time and 2pm tournament starting time. Tournament will finish at 6pm. Between 11am and 1:30pm is casual play/practise for the tournament. Break between 1:30 till 2 to get tourney organised after casual and to give time for those who need lunch or a break to do something else and come back.
*$10 entry fee - sign ups start at 11 and close at 2pm. (start of tourney) Prize pool is currently winner takes all but I'm trying to convince the games club to have 2nd and 3rd prizes.

Smashers Attending

Funky - Confirmed
LazyLobstar - Confirmed
Zereul - May be coming
Jaz - Confirmed
Abhorsen - Does anyone have Abhorsen's email or let him know there's a syd tourney coming up real soon?
Brown One - Confirmed
ComboTurtle - ...-_-'
El Sid -Confirmed
Leon - Confirmed
Meteor Master + friend - Confirmed + Confirmed
uNamed - Confirmed
List of confirmed: 9! Yay!
More people to come... Some are from other websites and msn.

If anybody else would like to be added to this list, let me know via MSN/PM or post here. My email is sparnell15@hotmail.com

Transport to the University is relatively easy - just catch a bus/train/ferry to Central station and walk your way to the university along Broadway St. You should see a tower building with a large open space in front of it.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Might as well cancel the Sydney trip and come when more of my friends decide to come up and Smashers are not busy

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I would have went and enjoyed myself regardless of your schedules, but I felt that it would be funner if I held it back and got some more people to travel with. All I really need to see is Jaz Funky and Link and I would be cutely happy, but the timing doesn't seem right for myself. So I'll see you guys up there sometime.

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
UTS meet? The Friday one? (23/2?)

*bump*
I'm updating this thread coz there's more info now about the tourney at UTS. Look at Post Titled "NEWS TO ALL SYDNEY SMASHERS" in now bold underline, size 4, font: verdana for an easier read.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Had no idea this thread existed....

Meteor Master
Name: Ricky
Mains: Roy, Pichu, Y. Link

Bjay

Smash Lord
Oops, I forgot about my profile ;)

Here you go:

Lazy Lobstar

Name: Bjay
Mains: Peach, Jigglypuff

If you plan to add me on MSN, send me an email first. I don't like being added by emails I don't recognise lol.

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
Howdy brothers, seems like Jaz is still organising stuff over there.

Hope your having fun over there, kinda decided I would start posting and spy on you guys.

Come on guys You live in the biggest city of Australia yet there are hardly any of you guys.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
They exist, but it's hard to unite for a common cause. We sometimes have the same problem too.

Top Bottom