• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NSW thread

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
LOL. Always happens. There's never enough when it comes to smash! Had some fun versing people in and out of tournaments!

I'm glad you guys had a great time versing each other and enjoying the doubles and singles! I was surprised that Jaz won the singles! Also, good work to Berimbau and Funky for doing well in the doubles! Couldn't believe we finally finished at 7 pm! o_0

...He he too many exclamation marks!

Bjay

Smash Lord
How do you know you aren't the clone?:)

EDIT: Funny thing noone recognised me from SmashBoards until the tourney was near an end!!
I take it you know who I am :p

You're Rick yeah? I can't remember lol

I knew you were Meteor, but I never noticed you posted on this thread before :p As I only posted...once before the tourney LOL.

Impressive Falco. ;)

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
You guys spam more than we do ......... WEREZ MY MONEY
Why do you need the money so bad, Syke? Financial problems or somthing!?:laugh:

EDIT: Thanks for the Falco remark, it's just as my name implies though I meteor whenever I get the chance, which is sometimes bad. That Peach is pretty killer too by the way!!

Bjay

Smash Lord
Why do you need the money so bad, Syke? Financial problems or somthing!?:laugh:

EDIT: Thanks for the Falco remark, it's just as my name implies though I meteor whenever I get the chance, which is sometimes bad. That Peach is pretty killer too by the way!!

Yeah, the meteor! Man I was a victim of that, I lost count of how many times :p Great stuff!
I hope to play you again soon.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor

Yeah, the meteor! Man I was a victim of that, I lost count of how many times :p Great stuff!
I hope to play you again soon.
Sure thing, just let me know anytime you come around Cabramatta (which I know is unlikely).:laugh:

And I find your advantage with Peach was not being airborne alot, so you were able to do an easy shield-f throw on me. Good strategy:) !!

Bjay

Smash Lord
Sure thing, just let me know anytime you come around Cabramatta (which I know is unlikely).:laugh:

And I find your advantage with Peach was not being airborne alot, so you were able to do an easy shield-f throw on me. Good strategy:) !!
Thanks :p I noticed with most Peach players they're quite the aerial type of players :o not me though lol.

Cabramatta aye? I think I go there every now and then, aren't there like a couple of smashers there? I have a few friends there, I go there often as that's where I have to see my girlfriend, lol

The pain of trains >_> Or the cost to board one anyway...

Yeah, lazy and cheap. What a nice combo lol

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Hey, guys had a fun day today you're all pretty cool dudes and it was good to finally play some actual people at smash... although i got my butt kicked it was a good day. :)

@ bj yes trains suck mine got delayed for like an hour and half.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Hey, guys had a fun day today you're all pretty cool dudes and it was good to finally play some actual people at smash... although i got my butt kicked it was a good day. :)

@ bj yes trains suck mine got delayed for like an hour and half.
Ouch, Wollongong is far from Sydney too. ****nnn. At least you're home safe.

Heh, dont look at it like that

Look on the positive not just a good day but you only played for 3 weeks I think you said? You did pretty **** well.

Bjay

Smash Lord
No pics, no videos. Nothing. -.- Ugh. I would have like some videos lol.

As for results, Dedu should be posting it up soon. ;)

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
All these new people confuse me... but make me want to take off my pants... Its a pity I took them off 3 hours ago.

Its good to see your little tournament thingy was good, NBk once again preformed excellantly, undeated at a H2 lan yet again. 73 kills to 9 deaths in a Team KOTH... oh yeah.

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
Those new people you're confused with aren't really 'new' people. Especially ComboTurtle, Bjay, El Sid and Meteor Master.

ComboTurtle - I enjoyed those Marth dittos. Keep working with that Marth! You'll get better in no time! Ha ha. Can't remember how many Marth dittos we did. I also did more Marth dittos with 4 other people.

ATM I'm getting Brenton to give me results so I can post them up here ASAP. Keep your eyes on this post as I'm going to post the tourney results here.

Jaz

Smash Ace
aaaah what a tourny
so good i waited for a day to tell everyone :p

it was very well organised actually, so thanks to EGG for the venue, gear and support.
to dedu for organising the whole thing, dedu made sydney smash part of history with a +15 attendance.

now next time we do this stu we'll try get some official results and vids...
does anyone actually have any decent recording cam's?

results of the top of my head

Singles:

1st: Jaz
2nd: Berrimbau
3rd: Funky

Doubles:

1st: The Worst Guys (Funky + Berrimbau)
2nd: Champions (Tala + ?)
3rd: ?

no vids no pictures so soz Cao please don't </3 me.

Syke wtf have you done? people are saying omiig in the sydney thread... miig

a scene spamming more than qld?

that is impossible

thanks to everyone that came and made sydney smash worth while again!

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
darn n00b, learn to post full results next time =P.

Singles Tournament
Participants
  • funkyseefunkydo
  • Berimbau
  • Keen
  • Chao
  • Genn
  • Nickname
  • Meteor
  • That guy over there
  • Izshinguns
  • El Sid
  • Jaz
  • one ova kind
  • Chicken Salad
  • Dedu
  • Comboturtle
  • LazyLobstar
  • Mic
  • Rice (left early)
18 people - if you don't know who they were or can't remember, bad luck - I'm not posting real names up.

Results

1 Jaz
2 Berimbau
3 funkyseefunkydo
4 LazyLobstar
5 Keen
5 mic
7 Meteor
7 Chicken Salad
9 Dedu
9 Chao
9 Comboturtle
9 one ova kind
13 El Sid
13 That guy over there
13 Nickname
13 Izshinguns
17 Bye
17 Bye
17 Bye
17 Bye
17 Genn
17 Bye
17 Bye
17 Bye
25 Bye
25 Bye
25 Bye
25 Bye
25 Bye
25 Bye
25 Bye
25 Rice (left early)

To see the singles bracket, visit http://egg.org.au/upload/ssbm_13_3_07_singles.png.

Doubles Tournament
Participants
  • The Worst Guys
    • funkyseefunkydo
    • Berimbau
  • AniKC
    • Keen
    • Chao
  • n00bs
    • Genn
    • Nickname
  • We Hate Peach
    • Meteor
    • That guy over there
  • F2F
    • El Sid
    • Jaz
  • Champions
    • one ova kind
    • Chicken Salad
  • Turtle Powah
    • Dedu
    • Comboturtle
  • We Love Peach
    • LazyLobstar
    • Mic
8 teams - a nice full bracket.

Results
1 The Worst Guys
2 Champions
3 We Love Peach
4 AniKC
5 F2F
5 We Hate Peach
7 n00bs
7 Turtle Powah

As before, to see the bracket visit http://egg.org.au/upload/ssbm_13_3_07_doubles.png.

I'd like to thank everyone for coming; hope you had a great time. Dedu will let you know when the next tourney date is confirmed. And next time we'll be able to record matches (I've made sure of it =D).

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Those new people you're confused with aren't really 'new' people. Especially ComboTurtle, Bjay, El Sid and Meteor Master.

ComboTurtle - I enjoyed those Marth dittos. Keep working with that Marth! You'll get better in no time! Ha ha. Can't remember how many Marth dittos we did. I also did more Marth dittos with 4 other people.

ATM I'm getting Brenton to give me results so I can post them up here ASAP. Keep your eyes on this post as I'm going to post the tourney results here.

i'd have to say i still think im pretty new to the game and need to learn alot and also new to the community too, but thats ok. Yeah we had alot of good marth games and u even got a ken combo out :)

Zero

Smash Hero
This is quite hillarious: Iso and I were reading over this thread this time last week. It's a good thread guys.

Meteor <3s Lighting Melee :D

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
you know...

lightning brawl...

lv9 luigi kicking the **** out of shaya...

how could you forget that? it was gold

probably would have helped if to was in bold.

Rad

Smash Ace
Something about a tournament organiser getting N-aired by Luigi... perhaps.

Well that was a ninja :(

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
ohhhhhhhhhhh TO = tournament organiser.

I thought you just mistyped something and it looked like it made no sense. Yeah I remember Luigi. ;)

Top Bottom