• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Hunter Valley Smash - Back in business!

Dedu

Smash Lord
ゼロ スイト セムス は セクシー だ ね? その ライザー は よすぎる よ!
ピュー ピュー ピュー ザー
スネークも わすれらないよ! 

その がいぎ は よかった を たのしました よ!
又、会いましょうよ!
待って 来ない だ。 
それ へ 行きます か?
ゼロ君は、 くれば、 会いたい でしょうよ…

エンンン…

Zero

Smash Hero
I was busy with schoolwork and work. :( I wanted to come, and from the thread, it seems like it was an 'interesting' event. But SD, there's something I'd like to put to you, I'll IM you.

isthattim?

Smash Ace
hey, S.D and other hunter people
next meet my house. 19th-20th of december=housemates away, only have two tv's though but i've got two rooms which could probs house 2-3 setups each (if we get creative) we can even split brawl and melee into the two rooms lol.
plus anyone who wants to stay i have a shed in the backyard.....

if i get any feedback i'll start serious organisation

sorry bout short notice
Tim

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Uhhh, Where would it be? I suck with names and have no idea who you are :/ Apart from that, I'd love to go anyway, today is my second last day of school (yet I'm at home, how odd...) and I should be able to make. Depending on the location, I could possible provide a TV. With 19-20 do you mean two days or one of these days? I could probably take this opportunity to get decent at melee

isthattim?

Smash Ace
yeah sorry, couldn't be ****ed looking up the dates probs the saturday (20th) my house is located conveniently close to waratah train station. there probs won't be any tournament **** going on it'll just be madcore friendlies (brawl melee whatever) and hopefully some s.d master classes for those keen to improve their melee skills

p.s havent discussed that with s.d. yet lol

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Friendlies are fine! I'd love to go, I'm not sure about being able to bring a TV at this stage but I can guarantee a Wii with brawl if I go. <3 Hunter meets

S.D

Smash Master
Sounds good Tim, I'll do my bestest to make it along fo shizzle.

As for Master Classes I'll do my best but the way I coach it's more likely to be Master of Disaster :(

Protip: Play Sheik :)

Zero

Smash Hero
FFFFFFF Please not the 20th, I'm shipping off to Japan on that day. :( The Friday would be AWESOME, what a way to spend my last day in Australia for three weeks. :D Also, a meet at my house on the 16th (Tuesday), just a few of us spending the day smashing. Come along, no money needed, but shhhh, keep it to yourselves, Novacastrians. ;)

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Next week is going to be great! Two meets in close proximity! I might have to borrow a gamecube controller from someone for melee though. Waratah is fine with me as well, my parents will drive me there so I can bring a TV(even if the sound is broken ;/) and my usual stuff (Wii, brawl, 64 etc) all I need to know is the times really, and if money is needed for food and such. Also, there are a few people I know who don't frequent smashboards but enjoy playing smash, do you want them to come along as well?

<3 double meets

isthattim?

Smash Ace
yeah, whoever wants to come is welcome. there is a dominos, eagle boys, mcdonalds, subway, woolworths nearby so we can get pizza or walk up and get you're own food or whatever, i'll supply chips and ****. make sure anyone who's coming tells me so we have enough gc/wii's organised as well as tv's etc.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Okay, I know around three people interested in going if that's okay. They'll need an address and time but I assume that'll be sorted out sooner to the day

Zero

Smash Hero
I can't. :( So Tuesday is fine for my meet, everyone. Around 9:30-10 to around 5 is good. Attendance is hopefully

SD and his entourage (Jelly and Daz)
Tim
Tom
EA the Sydneyloser.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Do you need people to take anything or will everything be provided Zero_?

Also, make sure there's pictures.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
First post of epic day.
Unable to bring TV, but Wii is confirmed for brawl! Also, GH3 will be there Andrew. Will probably be there around 9 due to reasons I've shared with you. Epic meet...GO!

isthattim?

Smash Ace
Oi Tim are you inviting any Sydney people to your meet and is it friday/saturday or just one?
haven't actually invited anyone but all are welcome
atm its just the saturday possibly sunday if demand is high/people come from sydney and want to crash in my shed
i only have 3 tv's atm (if summoner brings one) and 2 wii's (if summoner brings one),
i maybe can get a gc from my parents house

S.D
you should go post an announcement in the sydney/australia thread as most of the people there know you better than me (and you have mad journalism skills)

isthattim?

Smash Ace
Okay, the time has come to confirm numbers and what you're bringing

address: 73 sunderland st mayfield

mobile:0401364502

i will be picking people up from hamilton station if required just ring me otherwise its a short walk from waratah station
http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?ie=UTF8&hl=en&ll=-32.900038,151.739323&spn=0.01281,0.021887&z=16

just walk down sunderland til you get to 73 (its on the right)

hopefully smashing will start saturday 10:30 ish come earlier and you'll probably be helping me setup etc

Theres plenty of parking nearby if you have a car

look forward to seeing everyone

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
<3 Upfold street.

Wii is confirmed along with brawl. TV depends on if I'm driven there or catch a train. Depending on the length of the meet, I might be interested in crashing the the shed too (It's school holidays, I have nothing better to do ;-; ). I wanna see some of the videos of Zero_'s meet, Team Olimar lost ;-; Forgot team Diddy, SO MANY BANANAS D:

PICTURES GOING UP http://www.uploadthis.co.uk/uploads/Thomas/

S.D

Smash Master
Thanks again for hosting the meet Andrew good times.

Enjoy Japan and thanks for all the matches too bad the stages hate you and make you die lots.

Zero

Smash Hero
No worries, it's always great smashing the day away, zerociding stock upon stock for the match. So I guess I'll shoultout to SD for always being a great and challenging opponent that I can never seem to beat :(. Once I get back from Japan I'll be sure to upload all of the videos. It'll be so bad, with almost every video having a zerocide, not a win in sight. Alas, it's always great to have you around and thanks a lot for coming and supporting these events. :) Also thanks to EA for always taking the time out to travel from Sydney to play against us, it's appreciated. The DVD recorder is always great as well, thanks again.

isthattim?

Smash Ace
I might be interested in crashing the the shed too
you wont have to crash in the shed if you're thinking about crashing, that was just so i didn't get too many people wanting to crash. The day will be smashing then at night if everyones up for it we can get smashed and play smash

(smash related drinking games for the win)

take a drink when you get 4 stocked by s.d
skull when you get j.v 5'ed by tim
skull whenever daz takes a stock off s.d
take a drink when you get chaingrabbed
take a drink whenever you get gimped by cape
etc

Zero

Smash Hero
So before I leave to Japan, , I'll spur some discussion on HV biweeklies for me to sift through on the 11th of January. I was planning next year to organise bimonthy tournaments down/up here. We have an almost guaranteed turnout of about 8-10 but I don't think that that turnout is quite enough, so I was wondering what the Sydney interest would be like. I'm currently searching out the cheapest hall available in order to maximise the prize pot. Crew battles would be a good highlight of each event, so I'd encourage people to drop down to give us a run for our money :). So current points are:
  • Potential Nova Biweeklies
  • Sydney Interest
  • Hall Hire/Venue
  • Hunter Crew vs. Wollongong(plz)/x region Crew Battles

Any discussion/comments are welcome, please share your ideas with me.

Also, help a community out, visit Tim's NovaSmash, it'll be great fun. P O T E N T I A L !

Now to play with my early Xmas presents. :D

Gords

Smash Champion
ok guys/isthattim im interested in coming up this weekend for your smashmeet if it is going to a sat and sunday event. Only problem is i cant leave sydney till after 4:04 which means i wont get to hamilton station till 7:47pm. In other words i wont get to play smash till about 8pm when half of anybody that is there will already have started drinking by the sounds of it.

If this is ok and i can crash at isthattim's/someone's place and that people will be there playing epic smash games then i can go.

so is this all ok, how many poeple are going to be there at 8pm and how late are they staying?

EDIT: also in regards to the smash turneys in the HV and newcastle region. I am very interested and will try to make it to as many as i can.

S.D

Smash Master
I'll be coming and going from Tim's but on the Saturday night I'll be there for a while and won't be drinking coz i gotta work early sunday morning. Also have cricket saturday so yeah I'll be in and out.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
There has never been such a time as I have wanted to use my Saturn font as much as now but anyway..

F I S H I N G F O R B I R D I E .

O N L Y F I V E C A N L A D D E R .

etc etc etc

While you're away Zero_, I'll do some research into the hall hiring idea. My mother could possible know a school hall that could be used. I'm sure you remember my idea from way back about asking the PCYC. Anyone who is currently at Newcastle Uni could also know of a possible event location.

@Gords: 4:04 train not found. If you end up coming, could you bring Pokemon Puzzle league with you :3 I'll also settle that postage debt.

Now for a suitable Mother fanart image...

Top Bottom