• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
No.

Go back to the Sydney thread and gtfo.

This thread is not the Sydney thread. The Sydney thread is for your melee lovin brawl bashin. This thread is for your hatred towards Shaya's weird tournament rules.

Dedu

Smash Lord
It seems this thread has become the new Sydney Smash Thread.
In that case I'll post my meet proposal here in case those who don't check the Sydney Smash Thread will know when they check here.

hmmm!

Dedu

Smash Lord
iie, ore wa Desu Noto o mitenai, ore wa sou o yome. manga manga, anime jaanai.

ore wa Desu Noto ga daisuki da - sore wa ii da yo!
wub wub

hmmm...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I actually read the tier tournament rules

It might be worth considering categorising characters into 3 tiers instead of 4. Saves time, and solves the need for a tie breaker if 2 people win 2/4 tournaments.

HIGH (Metaknight to Kirby)
MID (Olimar to Mario)
LOW (Sonic to Captain Falcon)

*this isn't using Tier List data, but the following character rankings list, which organises characters against tournament results:*

*: Meta Knight
S: Snake
A: (Wario, King Dedede, Falco), Mr. Game & Watch
B: (Marth, Lucario), (ROB, Diddy Kong), (Pikachu, Kirby), Olimar, Peach
C: (Pit, Wolf, Donkey Kong), (Ice Climbers, Zero Suit Samus, Pokémon Trainer, Luigi, Zelda/Sheik)
D: (Fox, Mario, Sonic, Toon Link), (Bowser, Yoshi, Zelda, Ike, Ness)
E: (Sheik, Link, Samus), (Jigglypuff, Lucas), (Captain Falcon, Ganondorf)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165954

I think this kind of system is very good, and I'll make a similar version of it for Melbourne's Boss Stage.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It was the most suitable situation to have each tier have around the same amount of characters available.

Reducing it to three tiers is probably worth going for (
Does mean that Marth won't be winning any high tier tournaments easily
) for at least the first time to check how time limits/stuff goes.

The idea of two people winning 2/4 tournaments was to be an epic fightout on tier proportions.

However with the three tiers the 'High' event will be like any normal tournament (like the top tier) but (this isn't complete bias) Mid will be different. It contains 'high tier' characters such as Pit, DK and Wolf; with our community at the moment most likely able to dominate using them. Wait, actually that's good. If they dominate mid they will be worthy of bumpage to high. Which of course is half the point in this exercise.

Organisation for the tournament will hence forth be:
Low and Mid tier tournaments run first.
If time seems exceptionally good (i.e. the first two happened in under 2 hours?) then I'll believe splitting high into top/high (Meta, Snake, Wario, D3, Falco, GaW) + (Marth, Lucario, ROB, Diddy, Pika, Kirby) is viable.
Time left after the singles events will be allocated to doubles of any sort.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I've put in the request for the 'room' for a tournament on Sunday the 19th.

Not confirmed but it will -probably- happen.

As the room doesn't seem to be double booked for the day at all as of yet, I think it's reasonable that the potential additional time can be used for other things.

Hence Ill probably keep doubles going first. To us doubles is like the warmup for the singles I suppose, with all the friendlies inbetween too

Bjay

Smash Lord
yes, doubles first please <3 :p

As for 19th...I hope so! The sooner, the better ^_^

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Also, if this is going on:

TO SHOW YOU HOW MUCH I LOVE SMASH BROTHERS 64:

SMASH BROS 64 TOURNAMENT!!!!

I'll either make it doubles or singles on the day. I'll make it a $1 buy in where the winner takes all or something. Limited placements.

If you're manly and want to bring an n64 with smashbros64 and some controllers I'll probably shout your $1 entry ;)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Anyway, my email got replied to, the room should be getting booked for the 19th of October

9am to the proper 5pm.

I'm sure we can go slightly over as well.

As usual, not 100% confirmed, but now its 66.666667% confirmed :)

This is meant to be the last boost of the year, most likely. Uni exam period covers around the time the next one would be due, so yeah. November will be skipped, but early December has "Don't Come" anyway.

As it's the last one I want it to be pretty special.
I'll do everything in my power to have melee there on the day, seriously.

People coming should expect to be there all day.

Unfortunately its only 8 days until this is meant to happen, so I've probably left people with not as much time prior...
But if anyone can bring televisions, wiis, brawl, melee (with memory card), N64s + Smash64 + Controllers etc etc please tell me.

FOR EVERY PERSON WHO COMES TO THE TOURNAMENT WEARING SOMETHING MANLY (Captain Falcon helmets, masks, spandex, Marth's tiara, etc.) will go into a RAFFLE TO WIN A PRIZE Also people who do manly things on the day will surely be given a sympathy ticket too. (Using falcon in low tier and winning = 9000+ tickets)

Also it's tier tournament for brawl, remember.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Masks and Spandex? No probs i'm all set, whipped and ready to go! :p

Will be there because of Melee <3 wub wub.

Gords

Smash Champion
I will be bringing wii with brawl freeloader melee as per usual and I could also bring a N64 with smash64 but my 2 N64 controls don't work too well unfortunately.

Top Bottom