• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

Bjay

Smash Lord
I can make this. Maaaaaaaaaaybee.

Interested in seeing a run down of the schedule for this tournament.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Bjay:

9:00:00am: Pick Up controller.
9:00:02am: Plug in Controller.
9:00:05am: Start Playing.
4:59:00pm: Stop Playing
4:59:15pm: Unplug Controller
Cheers, hopefully we'll have enough TVs since we'll be playing at one TV each.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
As people should be aware it's going to be tier tournaments for Brawl Singles.
Using the list I've constructed from Australian results (minus Perth, so if they actually get me some reliable result lists anytime soon this may change), we'll be using this as the guideline for the tier tournaments:

*: Meta Knight
S: Snake
A: Pit, G&W, Marth, Kirby
B: Olimar
C: Wolf, ROB, Sonic, Fox, Falco, Lucario, Wario, Zelda
D: Pikachu, King Dedede, Peach, Ike, Ness, DK, ICs
E: Link, Captain Falcon, Toon Link
F: Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Diddy, Yoshi, Sheik, Ganondorf, Samus, ZSS, Pkmn Trainer, Jigglypuff, Lucas.

Low Tier = F bracket
Mid = E, D brackets + Wario + Zelda + Low
High = C - Wario - Zelda, B, A, S and * brackets + Mid.

I'll clarify some things:
You can use any character from a 'lower' tier in the tier(s) above it, i.e. you can mid and low tier characters in High, and low tier characteres in Mid.
Sheik is not in the same tier as Zelda. You can use Sheik in mid but you cannot transform to Zelda from Sheik in Low.

Discrepencies between the official Tier list and this one is obvious, D3 in Mid, Diddy in low being glaring examples. You want to win. You'll use the character you think you can win the event with. That's how the list evolves to be accurate.

Protip: I'll be using D3 in Mid and most likely destroying everyone NOT using him (oh wait god **** ICs and Pikachus in the way - NO MATTER).

Just make sure you enjoy the day and are aware that you'll most likely need more than one character under your belt unless you're using a low throughout all of them.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Coming, as usual. Teaming with Tom. Tier tourneys sound lame.

Probably won't bring my Wii since Brawl's ****ed.
Not like it ever gets used anyway.

I will be bringing wii with brawl freeloader melee as per usual and I could also bring a N64 with smash64 but my 2 N64 controls don't work too well unfortunately.
Holy crap do it. If you do I will definitely bring my 64 controller and play.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well I'm not bringing my Wii this time, and I'm bringing 2 TVs.

So I do need to make sure theres 2 wiis to cover it.

Luke's bringing 2 TVs too, but only one wii. So a 3rd wii needs to be guaranteed too.

Exciting Summoner, Excitinggggg :D

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Myself and Zero_ are both bringing Wiis. I can also bring 2 or 3 64's if smash 64 is going to be played.

Gords

Smash Champion
@Shaya
Remember I will have my wii and N64 with me.

@everyone going
Call out to all people to bring as many great working N64 controls as possible as my 2 are not of the best working condition.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
@Shaya
Remember I will have my wii and N64 with me.

@everyone going
Call out to all people to bring as many great working N64 controls as possible as my 2 are not of the best working condition.
sam team with me if there is teams

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If we have an n64 for every TV and 2 controllers or MORE for each n64 then two things can happen:

If we have 4 controllers for each n64 or so we can have DOUBLES.
Otherwise singles.

If theres enough 64s we'll have a proper tournament for it, not a side one like I was presuming.

I am able to bring 2 controllers. I unfortunately do not have smash 64, but only an n64.

LIST:
Hunter Valley - 2/3 N64s. What about games/controllers? And 2 wiis (both with brawl, right?)
noname - 1 wii. I presume with brawl, ja?
Gords - 1 wii, 1 n64 (w/smash 64 and 2 controllers, right?)

So that gives us wiis for each TV, if any more TVs are confirmed then I'll shout out for more wiis.
I definitely believe we have enough n64s, but I'm not sure about controllers and smash64 itself.

idontgottaname

Smash Apprentice
may bring 64 too if can find smash 64. No characters unlocked though...
Ya I have Brawl. Also, how would you feel about allowing infinite replay code on my wii to save some longer matches?

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
may bring 64 too if can find smash 64. No characters unlocked though...
Ya I have Brawl. Also, how would you feel about allowing infinite replay code on my wii to save some longer matches?
lol, obviously thats not a problem as long as it doesnt intefere with gameplay

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
shaya you're not answering on msn, so ill ask here

can we run a melee tournament with 16 participants

double elimination - 1 match sets

except for final is best of 3

k thx, so people bring melee too

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
If we have an n64 for every TV and 2 controllers or MORE for each n64 then two things can happen:

If we have 4 controllers for each n64 or so we can have DOUBLES.
Otherwise singles.

If theres enough 64s we'll have a proper tournament for it, not a side one like I was presuming.

I am able to bring 2 controllers. I unfortunately do not have smash 64, but only an n64.

LIST:
Hunter Valley - 2/3 N64s. What about games/controllers? And 2 wiis (both with brawl, right?)

So that gives us wiis for each TV, if any more TVs are confirmed then I'll shout out for more wiis.
I definitely believe we have enough n64s, but I'm not sure about controllers and smash64 itself.
Ah, I don't actually have a smash 64 cart but I do have 3 or 4 controllers (decent). Both Wiis would have brawl though. Unless you also want some non-smash games for 64 (like goldeneye and Perfect dark) I won't be bringing 64 games.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
if I get a chance I'll hit up some local second hand shops near me and pick up a copy of smash64. I dont have a 64 though so It'll just be the game if that helps.

If I do manage to get it, you can add it the the first place prize or something since I wont be needing it.

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
melee matches go for like 3 minutes so once you've found your opponent and sat down at a TV doing best of 3 isn't going to take much longer than best of 1 (usually)

1 match sets are random because anything can happen, but I'd rather that than no Melee at all I guess. If I do end up coming then I'll probably bring a Wii with Melee + Brawl.

Zero

Smash Hero
We need more copies of smash 64.
If I've permission to come, I can bring a total of:

• Wii with Brawl
  • PAL Melee, if needed
  • Smash 64 cart
  • TV

No 64 controllers, mine are all busted and I've had to borrow Summoner's controllers. >.<

Gords

Smash Champion
LIST:

yeh shaya i will be bringing my two 64controllers but i dont know how useful they will be, ill test them out before i bring them but dont hold your breathe. especailly for one of them, if i remeber correctly one of the joysticks gets stuck sometimes.
however ill see if fruity has any he can bring, if he can come that is.

shaya you're not answering on msn, so ill ask here

can we run a melee tournament with 16 participants

except for final is best of 3

k thx, so people bring melee too
well ill have my melee there, whenever i say i will bring wii with smash i5t means i will have brawl+ melee.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
melee matches go for like 3 minutes so once you've found your opponent and sat down at a TV doing best of 3 isn't going to take much longer than best of 1 (usually)

1 match sets are random because anything can happen, but I'd rather that than no Melee at all I guess. If I do end up coming then I'll probably bring a Wii with Melee + Brawl.
a set of 3 would generally result in making the set go for an extra 4 or 8 minutes depending who won the 2nd game etc and as shaya wants brawl to be the main attraction i think this is the way of holding the fairest melee tourney possible

Sylvan

Smash Apprentice
As per last times, I can bring brawl, melee and a wii. It'll probably sit there unused again, but I can bring it XD

I've never played smash 64 (well, i have played it for about 1/2 hour). So I won't be participating in that area.

S.D

Smash Master
I can probs bring smash 64 I think I have it somewhere, and maybe a controller if i can find one that works, along with melee.

*Declares support for Turt's idea.

Bjay is stinky for not coming.

Top Bottom