• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

PeaCe

Smash Rookie
I was quite happy with my hair :p
Now time to remember who I was up against in singles... hmm... =/

e_alert: Fun matches, I have a friend who plays a good Kirby, but the Kirby you played against me made me see why Kirby's that good =]

Bjay: Haha, when I saw that as the second round, I laughed. Especially after that double shoulder in our doubles. You've got the better Wario, and while our matches were close, I never saw it going my way. I watched some of your later matches, and there was a lot I can learn xD. Yeah, I'm up for any further matches, wifi or otherwise.

Daz: Great Pit, were you the one teaming with S.D.? The Double pit? I wasn't watching the players but saw a match with that double Pit team and it was just sheer win. Your pit's good, and YES, I use down air a lot :p Good old damage racking. I was happy with that win, losing to my friend's Pit constantly makes you hate the guy xD.

Following this, I hit my wall. Sitting at 2.0 out of a possible 3.0, I stuck with 2.0 for the rest of the tournament =/ Ah well, maybe next time.

luke_aty: You're a beast =] We settled that gotgames match with your 2-0 win over me, just report it when you can, I'll need some more work before I think I'd have a shot at beating you the way you played against me. Haha, props =]

tedeth: Ouch, I was steamrolled lol. Decided to swap to Pikachu for our second match because of how little success I had against you with Wario in the first. Suprisingly I actually managed to do better, xD. I found it rather funny, especially that Thunder-chain K.O. I didn't see that coming. Thanks for the matches.

Ineffable: I sensed our match coming, and we need more Friday night practice, I'll see you at the Economics exam on Wednesday =] But umm... your Snake's come a long way, I didn't feel the slighest bit comfortable in our matches compared to what I used to, good games.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Fruity was like Super Sonic without getting the Smash Ball. D:

SO MUCH FOR NO ITEMS RIGHT GUISE?

Also that Melee tourney was epicness.

Now, shoutouts, ACTIVATE!

SD - Wut. You shaggy-haired Pit player. Seriously the best Pit I've ever seen, you have Arrow control down to an art. Hopefully I'll get to play you some, since I do spend a bit of time with the Newcastle crew (Zero/Summoner/etc.). 'Grats on winning. :3

Jaz - You're hilarious and I love you and I hope your neck gets better soon. ;_;

Hugh/Friends (GAH, I forgot your names, don't hurt me. D: ) - You guys are all cool, and thanks for the cone. :3

David/Fruity - WTF, I didn't think Gordon was talking about you when he said he got a few friends interested in coming. Nice to see you again, mate. Say hi to steph for me, kay? :D

Bjay - Haha dude, the funny thing is, I barely used Ice Climbers this time around, only one game in the tourney and the rest friendlies. I haven't really given up on them, it's just that right now, Kirby's my best character, and being a tourney I obviously made the call to use who I'm best with.

That said (and normally I'd disagree and be all humble and DAWW NO I SUCK, but even I noticed it), Ice Climbers are definitely who I have improved most with, despite them not being my best right now; I agree with you. Seriously, next meet, I am going to refuse to play anyone other than Icies, and get in some hardcore training. Of course, that means I'm gonna have to take you up on the offer, and challenge you. :3

In any case, 'grats on taking third; not quite as good as last time by a sliver, but the competition seemed to be fiercer this time nonetheless.

...**** I hope I got everyone I meant to. ._.

EDIT: PeaCe! Aye, fun matches dude, hopefully we can play again next time. Hopefully I will give you a greater challenge then, too! :3

Ineffable

Smash Rookie
Might as well post my own shout outs:
Bjay - Really cool, down to earth guy. Our team match was really fun but I still need to vs you in a 1v1 even though I'll get my *** handed down to me.
Shaya - Great work organizing the event. Knocked PeaCe and I's team out and soon to follow, 1:0 me in Swiss rounds. **** Marth >_>.
NOA - Nice seeing you again man, should get some matches on between us sometime :). BL on the teams though, should get one of your mates down sometime.
Unreon - Good match between us, Melee was even more fun when the event was coming to a close.
ZNemesis - **** Pikachu. PeaCe uses Pikachu as well so I knew the fight was going to be annoying. I kept falling for the Skullbash on Yoshi's Island. It was also great during our second match, Shaya's Wii farted itself.
Reindex - Good game, both matches were really close as well.
Hugh - "what the hell?" C4 recovery :bee: Good games. Though I hardly play MTG now, good to see some old faces.
PeaCe - Good teamwork there, especially for our first time being together and our first Brawl tournament. Your Wario was still really good and with practice, maybe you could beat that Pit. :laugh:

It was a good tournament, especially being my first and hope there will be a Smoosh Boost 3. Keep up the work Shaya. Sorry for the short summary, mind is hazy from waking up at 6 yesterday.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like awesome fun tourney... I'm sad that I missed it, Jaz, Pat and Unreon were there, melee vets ftw!

SD grats on winning those were some good final matches....

Whats this about Jaz's broken neck? Ahwhaa?

Also grats on Shaya for running another good tourney...

Maybe I'll see you all at Boost3

S.D

Smash Master
OMFG

YOU ALL LIED TO ME!!!
lmao i look so retarted in the group shot, like I've done something really naughty and no one else knows what it is.
possibly methane related.

and in the right edge of the 5th photo XD Stephen Hawking FTW
thanks for those BJ now i know what i want in a haircut cause of these photos ^_^

http://s397.photobucket.com/albums/pp59/BjaySmash/Smoosh Boost 2/?action=view&current=DSC01068.jpg

LMFAO!!! aaaaaaahahahaa
If I were you guys i would have so slapped me and ran off.
Can't stop laughing at Jaz in all photos.

In that one it actually does look like we slapped you and ran off - (tilted head and nobody in sight)

Jaz

Smash Ace
the next charity we should do a tourny for should be worlds greatest shave by Dedu's reckoning o.o
I'm up for it!

Kulla:
I actually slept on it the wrong way or something, anyway i couldn't turn my neck to the right all day, straightening it was out of the question so i had to play all day with my body facing to the right so i could look to the left to play my freaking matches omfg

thats the excuse i'm sticking to anyway, when they say yoga for beginners on the f*cking DVD cover they're lying to you.

unreon

Smash Ace
Thank you everyone for coming and participating, and especially helping out for the charity drive!! Shoutouts:

Shaya: HUGE PROPS to you my man, and thanks many thanks for organising the whole deal :D I better play you in the future and learn alot more - thanks for teaching me the Mortar Slide btw!!

e_alert: looks like team unrEAn could use some work in the future eh :p Our first match went really well especially since it was against a team who killed each other off for us >.> There was a point in the 2nd round where I was left myself and I said that you could take a stock from me but I'm not sure you heard :/ Regardless, we got close! KirROBy ftw!

NoA: Nice to actually meet another asian dude in Sydney, which is a misnomer if you think about it. Your Marth is good; did alot of things I didn't know you could do but try not to be overzealous and jump too far off the edge lol >.>

Ineffable: **** Snakes, I don't know how to deal with them. You Mortor Slide like a beast, I had to gyro ALL THE TIME to stop them =( Half the time while playing you I'd die from explosions I had no idea were there D: Come to more Melee tourneys in the future, your Falcon is super paunch.

Luke: You didn't even seem like you were trying =( With YOUR Snake I knew exactly what you were doing, and that was laying the smackdown on my face. Forward Air acting as a surprisingly effective edgeguard. You didn't know it, but I actually wore a WTF mask the whole match.

SD: Congrats on the win, and you came out of nowhere. I didn't see your ICs play but Pat told me it was good. Oh dear, we have some competition in the future.

Daz: Pit brothers suck, they suck they suck!! I had to learn very fast how to deal against arrows chasing my fat robotic ***. Putting up your shield against gyros and lasers is cheating and should be banned.

Fruity: We never duelled, but your Sonic is all sorts of "STOP PUMMELLING ME". Thank goodness for gyro (it's such a top move) and that kill you pulled off my up-airing me virtually hanging on the ceiling was an eye opener. I had no idea Sonic could be used like that =( Awesome shirt btw, where can I get me one of those?

Jaz: Dude, WTF?! HOW ARE YOU SO GOOD. Despite showing up all crippled and such you just went "eh, maybe I'll place second today for a change". Your Kirby is all sorts of sexy and you are too, you big bear. Enjoy Twin Snakes, I had a Solid one all while watching you play. Get better soon to unleash your true power.

BJay: Fartrio got me multiple times >=( I think right now I have a perfect record against you based purely on your hatred of campers :D And I'm never going to play you ever again so when you place 1st in the next tournament, I'll be the only person you've never beat HAHAHA. I wish I had the time invest in Brawl like I've done Melee, but with you coaching me I'll triple my output! Teach me more Mr Ice and Watch =)

Pat: Seriously, stop playing. We all know that your secret midnight rendevous with Kulla has made you into an unstoppable beast. We also all hate you for being so good. I haven't seen your Brawllin' Pika but I hear its wicked. Your Melee approaches are the most erratic I've seen and it's extremely difficult to know or keep up with what you're doing. I got three stocked by your Falco (MY OWN CHARACTER) but I attribute that to Brawl Johns and Stiff Finger Johns. Next time I'll get in the groove and proceed to obliterate you like always :p

Gords: Your Toon Link is super annoying >=( Luckily my brother's is more annoying otherwise I'd have snapped and gone all Terminator on everyone at the tournamnent. Our matches were the closest ones I've had at the SMOOSH and here's to more teeth-chattering moments next time we play! **** NEUTRAL-AIR!!

Meteor: You are the most well rounded Brawler in Sydney, methinks. Not to mention being the best at using low tier characters :p Nice seeing you again man, you have to teach me how to use ROB better and better =)

Other nice people who I met but we didn't get a chance to play - Jamus (zomg I want to steal that name off you), Hugh, etc. etc.

Oh yeah, and shoutouts to 2t and the Hornsby crew too =)

What am I saying, you guys miss the whole thing.

HAAHHA

Holy crap what a big post. Goodnight guys.

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice

HAAHHA
:(

Nobody told us there was Melee...

Next time I'm coming to Boost3 either way whether it's 100% Brawl or not because I really feel like I missed out this time.. I would've done pretty bad anyway because I haven't played Brawl since Boost1, but I'm going to actually practice for the next tourney. Looking forward to that.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Anyway, thanks everyone for coming to boost2, which was a complete failure due to lack of items and its melee tournament. Now in revenge I have come up with a holy moly new ****ty tournament system that will make you cry yourself to sleep.

But whatever.

Brawl Singles is over as you see it now. Swiss has its uses, and its funness, and gives everyone at least several matches against other opponents. Then the top 8 move to double elim and all of a sudden a whole platoon of people are forced to be bored, or piss me off while playing friendlies, restricting the double elimers from getting TVs. In most major tournaments its a double elimination circuit anyway, and what Boost is it not all about major or srs tournaments. You come to get better, and you will get better, this is just another facet for that, which will have both pros and cons - it's refuters and followers. I know what the major con is for this, I'm sure many of you will realise it quickly, but think of the pros, if people want a list of both pros and cons I will list what I think they are. ROAR.

Brawl Singles as I stated will discard swiss -> double elim.
Brawl Singles will consist of three events, three tournaments, all contributing to the day's over all "winner" and "top three".

Three Tournaments, Three Events. Slated as follows:
1st Event: High Tier and Under (All characters) [Double Elim]
3rd Event: Mid Tier and Under (All characters from Above minus High Tier) [Single Elim]
4th Event: Low Tier (All characters from Above minus Middle Tier) [Single Elim]

The idea as can perhaps be seen is that of a tier related tournament. The approximate time usage would be similar to that of having swiss then double elim for the top 8. However, because of the string of events everyone has an opportunity to shine, and play matches, with different stakes at hand.

Pretty much the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from each of the above events will gain points, and the best overall for the day will be crowned the days champion KING OF GAMES and or PHARAOH OF EGYPT. If the case of a tie is considered there will be some tier shootoff crap. Maybe.

Queers for Tiers and EQUALITY - Boost Edition will be starting off with the 'standard' American Tier list. If this goes on and its popular it will evolve the tier list with its sheer might. As in, if a high tier character is completely ignored in the top and high tier yada events, then they may be lowered for acceptable usage in the middle tier. Whatever, I'm insane.

Comments? Compliments? Bomb Threats?

Also CRINGE single elimination whoa hold it there for a second mister, why so sad? Each match will be best of three, and most players will be hopefully getting the same amount of matches played whether or not they came last in every event anyway (compared to swiss). Perhaps the Top and below will be single elimination too *ZOMG SHAYA YOU COMPLETE NAZI*, for time reasons.

Anyway any comments about it being single elim or matches played jada should not be posted, why even bother? Pros are obvious, major con is lack of match up checks between characters, oh well.

RISE RODIMUS PRIME, SECURE YOUR VICTORY IN THE MIDDLE AND LOW TOURNAMENT WITH OLIMAR AND NESS AND SCREW OVER KULLA!

The 2t

Smash Apprentice

HAAHHA
Welllll it would have been nice if someone had mentioned there was going to be a Melee tournament. You know, that thing on the horizon that we've been training for every other day? Yeeeeeah.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
It was one of those spur of the moment things. It was also one of those awesome things you only get once in a blue moon.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
thanks for the feedback peace and unreon, nice to know i'm starting to get a rep eh?
and tedeth great match's man, I love it when its that friggin close.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Okay, after 2 tournies I've gotten the basic ranks based on scores for the boosters.
The one part of the ranks that was not calculated was results with individuals. Like for example, MM won once against Kulla in the first tournament, he would get a tiny little boost (probably enough to out-do Kulla as no.1 man doesn't get such bonuses). But without further ado:

1. Bjay
  2. S.D.
  3. Shaya
  4. Kulla
  5. Meteor Master
  6. Jaz
  7. Slax
  8. Sylvan
  9. Forky
  10. Eli
  11. Pat
  12. Chad

I'm not going to exactly reveal how the Math's is done here, or give the point value each person has (even though I was somehow shocked I was 3rd [lulz swiss means everything]). The score differences are pretty close up top. Excluding Bjay. He's completely ****** the world here by a nice margin, a very very nice margin.

I guess from next boost scores will be calculated by a divide 4 margin or something. Bjay doesn't have to try hard to stay no.1 though, only needs to get in the top 8 to guarantee a stay here. (Top 8? how does this work across 4 events? dunno lulz).

The people listed above are those who have made it to the top 8 before. Even though this time around Sylvan did not make it to the top 8, he acruded points for his rank in swiss. Giving him enough of a boost to have him above Forky. Meaning next tourney if Luke (who's probably highest ranked non-top 8er entrant) makes it into the top 8, he'll most likely won't be last in the list above. [Actually even right now Luke is tied with Pat in scores)

Jaz

Smash Ace
everyones going to hate me for this .__.

hornsby crew there was no melee tourny shaya put up fake results and we all ran with it T-T
I guess it was to encourage you guy to come to brawl tournies or something, accept the joke and get us all back or something >.<

so don't stress :p just go to the next shaya tourny cause we might be playing friendlies anyway.
actually i didn't even play melee even though it was there >.<
I miss the captain.

anyway... GO BJAY you little RIPPA!!!

Edit for shaya:

sorry?

Dedu

Smash Lord
LOL

Shaya you sick *******.
Good for teh hype though.

Shaya wubs brawl too much to bother with melee. Sounded a bit sus from the start.

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
wtf?

Hahaha well I'm glad you guys care about us enough to set something up like this. Thats all I can say.

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
Well I mean it was believable, you got who would have placed in the top 4 and their characters right :p

PS. Sydney needs more Melee love.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Follow Melbourne's lead and put Melee back in the tournaments. You know you want to. :estatic:

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
**** you

:chuckle:

lol seriously nice though that's pretty funny when I think about it.. and it has made me actually want to make an attempt to play Brawl, so hopefully next time all the Hornsby crew will actually come.

Hopefully there's real Melee next time so we can get you all back for tricking us lol.. Well.. SOME of you.

Nice work though it was completely believable and everyone went along with it. I hope you're all prepared for a massive IGIF post/rant because he'll miss the last few posts and continue believing there was Melee.

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
IGIF hasn't even been reading the boards recently as far as I know..
We need to give him a call and get him back on trolling duty

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
He rang me yesterday and I told him we missed a Melee tournament.

The phone exploded.

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
Yeah.. but a real Melee tournament would probably include Turtle, Kulla, Xeno, Stu, Cao and us as well so theres no telling what would happen :D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Bring Melee back please, do it to keep up with the Joneses, Melbourne has more people and can still run both games in 1 day why can't Sydney???? If you do I will come guaranteed to buttrape you all with Mewtwo

and also come to hang out with Unreonpoo <33333333333

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
CAO, stop always trying to come into my topics and sabotage the other **** I want to do. You're a horrible friend and I hate you forever. :(

Also if CAO came he would win.

Dedu

Smash Lord
But especially... lol.

Melee tournaments are always awesome, something that brawl tourneys barely touch.
Especially the finals.

Sooo much pressure.

Top Bottom