• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
*considers TOing if no one else is bothered*

Seriously, we need more activity, and if I'm the only one bothered to do anything, so be it. (Props to Stereo, you've been doing great, but Wollongong isn't the ideal place for a Sydney tourney)

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Right. Meet at mine some time this Feb. Hopefully it will give me a feel for organising things.

Will ask parents about dates - they will both want to be home. Maybe I can con them into cooking lunch for us =D

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Just a meet probably. Though I might try to gauge the possibility of using my house as a future tournament venue - we have quite a few spaces we could utilise.

EDIT: Keep in mind that while the Feb meet will probably happen, the whole TO thing is currently just a prospect to be further looked into.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Just a meet probably. Though I might try to gauge the possibility of using my house as a future tournament venue - we have quite a few spaces we could utilise.

EDIT: Keep in mind that while the Feb meet will probably happen, the whole TO thing is currently just a prospect to be further looked into.
Hey, good work, you're doing better than I ever could. If I could run a tournament, I would, but I don't think I even have enough money to rent out the local community hall. Darn my age. :-P

Also, thanks for uploading the vids Shaya! :D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ahh, that sounds amazing. A meet there would be awesome, and i'm sure I could go no problems then. It also takes a burden off Shaya's back, which is good. He'll be able to come along just for fun. :D

Hey, just curious, is it true that the money needed to rent the place and all that comes out of the prize money? My parents tell me this is true, but i wasn't sure.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Ha. Ha. Haha.

Funny.

But seriously, the most recent tournament in Sydney was in September. We've had a few more recent ones in Wollongong, but other than that you could be waiting a while unfortunately.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Where are you from Dre?
If you meant geographically, I'm from Sydney.

If you meant how I got interested in tourneys, I go on MyWii, so I know all the guys like Toki, Jezmo, Aero, Scoot etc.

I'd be willing to go down to the Gong, but only if I'd already been to a tourney, or travelled with people I know, like the MyWii guys.

The only smasher I've met in person is Toby, but that was once back in 09 or something like that.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
dre knows a lot but he's really behind the rest of us because the practical experience isnt there

lolfi.
Can't disagree with that.

I'm curious to find out whether all my screw ups on wifi are due to lag or just poor techskill.

I also want to see how I'll do against people offline that I verse online. Probably worse I guess.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Welcome to the scene, Dre! I myself only got involved reasonably recently as well, the last Sydney tournament (the one in September) was my first tournament ever. I had an amazing time from it and so went to the wollongong ones, also extraordinary. So good to have you around. (I also won't be the new one anymore, yay! :-P )

But snooping around, Invisi is hosting a meet soon, so thats in strathfield. As it stands it's actually looking pretty good for me travel wise. One train, my brother doesn't hve to wake up too early because there isn't a set time we have to be there.... The friendlies will be awesome, assuming mum's ok with it.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Welcome to the scene, Dre! I myself only got involved reasonably recently as well, the last Sydney tournament (the one in September) was my first tournament ever. I had an amazing time from it and so went to the wollongong ones, also extraordinary. So good to have you around. (I also won't be the new one anymore, yay! :-P )

But snooping around, Invisi is hosting a meet soon, so thats in strathfield. As it stands it's actually looking pretty good for me travel wise. One train, my brother doesn't hve to wake up too early because there isn't a set time we have to be there.... The friendlies will be awesome, assuming mum's ok with it.
I walk to Strathfield station all the time so that would be really convenient for me. The only problem would be that no one would know me, unless Scoot went, but he hasn't met me in person.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
No need to be shy, meets are a great place to meet new players; tournaments can be too stressful. I'm sure Scoot will go if you are.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
OH IT'S ANDRE

howdy
Oh hey, I didn't realise you were still on these boards. I've been here the whole time, just mainly in the debate hall.

Do you still go to tourneys/meets? It'd be cool to see you again, seeing as I've changed a lot since the last time you saw me, and I'm guessing you have too.

This is probably the most serious non-debate post I have ever made on this site. Well, apart from the other ones I made in this thread.

swordsaint

Smash Master
if anybody in sydney wants to go to summersmash and thinks they can (and probably will) get away with using my flights, you're free to take them. its from wednesday > monday

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, been a while since I've shown my face around here... Hope everyone has been good. People still play melee in these parts? Its been a while and I got a hankerin' from some smash...erin'.

Top Bottom