• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
Hmm, I would agree that a button masher could do well in those games. However if I played against a button masher I would tear them apart. More so in Soul Calibur because of the counter moves. I have never been a button masher so I thourougly enjoy those types of fighting games. Much more intense than Smash games, not that Smash cant be intense and plz dont flame me for saying that ^.^ I used to practise the moves for every character in both games. Id put it on practise mode and sit there for 2+ hours and just read each move and combo with each character and then after I memorized them all Id start playing on increasing difficulty. Even though they seem like predeterimed combos there is alot of ways to utilize them. I dont see it as learning combos, but learning the characters fighting style. Because in most cases their moves are single hit moves hitting different areas that work in different situations. I rock with Ling Xiaoyu and would gladly accept your props haha

I just thought I'd ask if anybody had any other games they enjoy, just for something different

camden

Smash Apprentice
Well, I have an aunt in Red Deer which I despise, but I could use her as an excuse to get over there for a little while. You come pick me up! ;D

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
you guys should start your own thread and discuss such...things elsewhere. its brutal to read. its like 2 lovey-dovey people saying, i love you, no i love you more, no i love you more........ but w/e, i guess there's not much else to talk about and you keep bringing it up anyways. now that we have a decent sized player base for tournaments we dont need to go out of province to have good matches. but that's just my opinion. il go to alberta after the rest of the world is mysteriously turned into zombies.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
i didn't take that to mean he was being cocky at all, kate. i mean for one thing it's a little silly to make grandiose plans to play a videogame with alberta when there are people within a respectable distance itching to play (ssj2link).

lets set aside those plans for when we all have money to burn and jetpacks. where is the risk happening?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Haha, I was just joking, guys. You know I have mad love for all of you.

Simon and I are moving in December (or perhaps sooner?) so we might be able to have an epic board game night. We got Settlers of Catan, yo.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
i didn't take that to mean he was being cocky at all, kate. i mean for one thing it's a little silly to make grandiose plans to play a videogame with alberta when there are people within a respectable distance itching to play (ssj2link).

lets set aside those plans for when we all have money to burn and jetpacks. where is the risk happening?
There are people who travel to play "a videogame" all the time. It's not about the game so much as the experiences you could have from the game. Not trying to call you out or anything, but from the stories I've heard of tournament travellers, it's not exactly a "silly" thing to do.

That being said, the farthest I'm willing to travel is Newfoundland LOL. Actually, that's the only place I'm willing to travel too, since my sister goes to MUN there so it's easy planning.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
haha YES, it is very very lonely up here :/

they arent even plans to go to alberta. its just someone from alberta coming in and saying, come up to alberta and play the 'pros'. as if to say,' you guys are nothing unless you do that. your weak little province is a ****hole and you all suck...unless you come to alberta.' that may be reading too far into it, but the implications are there. we're all here because we wanted to have the same tournaments and challenges that other provinces have. we all formed these groups so that we can have something, as opposed to just 'dreaming' of going to another province just to compete in smash. well now we have that, we're self-sufficient and we dont need some other province coming in and hastling us hahah it was cool the first time, it was funny. after the second time...ok, we get it. and it just keeps happening and its getting old. its kind of disrespectful too.

am i wrong??? you do see my point tho right?

x After Dawn x

Smash Master

they arent even plans to go to alberta. its just someone from alberta coming in and saying, come up to alberta and play the 'pros'. as if to say,' you guys are nothing unless you do that. your weak little province is a ****hole and you all suck...unless you come to alberta.' that may be reading too far into it, but the implications are there. we're all here because we wanted to have the same tournaments and challenges that other provinces have. we all formed these groups so that we can have something, as opposed to just 'dreaming' of going to another province just to compete in smash. well now we have that, we're self-sufficient and we dont need some other province coming in and hastling us hahah it was cool the first time, it was funny. after the second time...ok, we get it. and it just keeps happening and its getting old. its kind of disrespectful too.

no, you're a complete idiot

there's no implication for anything, and this has nothing to do with competition. I want to go to nova scotia / want nova scotia people to come to alberta so we can have fun playing smash, I don't care about who places what, I just wanna play some MELEE

edit: your post also reminds me of insane carzy guy's posts, which are ****ing horrible if you haven't seen them already

camden

Smash Apprentice
The main reason I play Smash is to have fun with people. I would personally love to go to Alberta during the summer to visit some family I have there. Getting to play Smash as well would be a huge bonus.

I'm in no way trying to be funny or disrespect my region. Nova Scotia kicks ***, and don't you forget it. I'm just saying one of these days I would like to travel somewhere and make some new friends and such. If making new friends in areas other than where I live, then ****, I'm an *******.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1

You're taking what he's said out of context. He just wants to play Melee with Nova Scotians and is just tossing around friendly **** talk. I've talked to this guy many a times on MSN, he doesn't give a ****n if we're amazing or if we suck hard at the game, it's the pleasure of playing someone new and even better, MEETING someone new.

And to be honest, Nova Scotia does suck at Smash LMAO. There is no one here who is impressive or eyebrow raising in any of the Smash games. Name one person who has received reconginition by the big names of Canadian or American smash who came from NS?

I don't think anyone is saying we don't have a scene. I love NS Smash to death, it's practically perfect in my opinion and wouldn't change it for any other Smash scene in the world. However, a trip to Alberta if I had money ,or any other region would be nice for one time, just for the experience.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I have never even travelled out of province to attend a smash tourney.

=(

I have the money, but my parents are like "you want to take a trip? to BC? FOR A VIDEOGAME TOURNAMENT?"

That and I'll have university johns soon.

But yer, the main reason why I keep posting that stuff here is cause we've already played with people from BC, Sask, Ontario, and Quebec, so like the only remaining province with smashers that we need to play with is Nova Scotia =D

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Haha my ma would totally be chill with it if I had the money. Which I don't though, because I am laaaaaazy. xD

btw, assuming my basketball is early on whatever Sunday, does anyone want to play some Melee at the next bi-weekly? I'll actually show up if people agree to play some with me :)

camden

Smash Apprentice
Melee usually happens at the bi-weeklies, even though Steve hates it. I'll totally play Melee. Plus, when you do come to the bi-weekly, you'll get a piece of Birthday cake. :D

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Dang, we gotz our own thread and I didn't know about it? What do we even discuss here? How absolutely amazing NS is? Cause I would approve of that kind of discussion.

:034:

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
LOL @ so many posts in one day. Way to rep it up NS.

Anyways, yeah Nyke it's basically just a chill thread, nothing really gets done here. It could be considered the Melee place, or the place where other regions know we exist. Pick your poison.

camden

Smash Apprentice
I was playing Melee earlier today to see if I still had it. It's hard to tell, considering I only ever fight CPUs. D: My Mario's meh, but the game's fun anyway. :D

Ugh, I was doing good in Brawl today until about halfway through fighting Kailin. Oh well, I'll get my mojo back later.

Heya Nyke, nice to see you on the thread.

Top Bottom