• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
Any tournaments coming up? I dont really like checking the facebook group, they're just a lame spin-off of this beast ;P

And I want to fight against Pey in melee soon, sup buddy?

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I'd be down for a Melee type thing soon, but I doubt it will happen. :/

I prefer this over facebook, but ppl are too lazy to get over here moar.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
Sure, it wont happen with that attitude Zhao! I'd rather just a handful of guys get together and play Melee for a number of hours. If I go up to Halifax I'm sure I would have a place to stay over night so it could just be some Friday or Saturday night. Is anybody able to host such a thing? I dunno what bi-weekly's are like, or any other time that ppl got together for Melee. But im talking...no more than 4 ppl, so hosting something like this wouldnt take much. The excuse of 'i live in a small apartment' or something like that, is not valid :p If I go up it will be AT LEAST december before i have money for that. Maybe even in the new year.. but we should just devise a plan, input some effort, and turn into reality

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
yeah, lets plan for something!

on a side note, my comp is boned, i can only access SWF. keep me up to date on the FB stuff

AND GET PPL TO COME PM ME FOR BRAWLS

<3 Zhao

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
lmfao

if anyone wants to wifi at like, 12-1am tonight, hit me up here. i'll be checking in an hour after i play some COD-MW2.

it's actually been mad overhyped, still a good game, but definitely not worth losing sleep over LOL.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
cool. bring it over at some get together sometime and we can frag instead of smash. pew pew.

i may or may not play around 1:30am. i'm gonna listen to some joe rogan comedy album. it's a funny set he did in sanfransico. go joe!

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
well, tournaments are cool and all...but i prefer just constant smashing, passing the controller around. if its a tournament then you'l want like, at least 8 ppl. i would rather just a smaller group, more smashing for each person. i hate waiting, especially when im the only one who had to drive 3 hours to get there. i've never played risk, and i have this gut feeling that i wouldnt like it.

can you host something like that zach?

btw, i have a projector that i would bring. its badass

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
thing is SSJLink, more than 4 people want to play Melee. There's a solid 4-5 of them over on the FB group, as well as you, me, Pey, Mal, Nick Best and potentially Lythium.

Lythium, go to the next bi-weekly and play some!!!

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
yes, i understand that there is more than 4 people that want to play, and those people along with yourselves are free to do whatever you want. that includes getting together any weekend that works for all of you because you all live in the same area. my case is different, where as I have make it a 3 hour road trip, over night thing, I would want it to be a certain way i.e: just 4 of us. know what i'm sayin? haha

is that an 'ok' to me zach? cant really tell...

so are you up for that Zhao? or is it too discriminatory towards your fellow Melee'ers ;P I wonder who else should come....Id like to see the Lambinator there. We never got a chance to play much back in the day.

we could always have anoter informal thing the day after i get there, and invite more ppl if there is such an interest. but like i said, you guys can do that any day of the week, without me. altho it wouldnt be as cool xD

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
i could host something at my place, kevin. i could even offer my futon... on the condition you bring pot, lol.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
it's not discriminating lol. it's just kind of selfish. i understand you have it rough with a 3 hour drive, but there's also people here who have way too much on their plate and the only time they can smash is Brawl Online, or at a BRAWL bi-weekly. i'm just saying if we're going to do something pure Melee style, might as well get everyone who's been missing it to come and get involved.

plus, if 8 people showed up and 4 people brought TVs, no one would wait because constant 1v1s would be happening, and there's more people to play.

but yeah, it doesn't matter when it comes down to me specifically haha. I'll do whatever, just let me know when/where and I'll be there.

...with my buddy Paul Cleatus of course LMAO.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
oh there would be pot haha

again, zhao, if those people want to get together whats stopping them? if they have too much on their plates then they should forget about melee and eat their veggies first. otherwise, stop being lazy and organize said people. its not selfish, what im asking, its just my preference. im the type of person that just prefers small hangouts as opposed to mini-parties of 8-10 people. and thats more (possible) people to pass joints around to. do you puff fella? do you have a car too? cause if we play over at Zach's he lives pretty far out in the woods. or we could end up playing at say, Mal's place if its more conveinent.

also, does anybody else play any of the following: Yugioh TCG, Guitar Hero, Soul Caliber/Tekken/DBZ Tenkaichi

I'm sure that in the future there will be many hangouts initiated by me and I dont want it to be the same people every time. It seems that nothing gets done around here unless I start it myself (this thread)hahah ;P

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
those games are total button mashers for me. i think i know one combo with kilik in soul calibur 2, its FORWARD, A, A, A B BACK RIGHT, ALL BUTTONS, FORWARD, A B, DROP CONTROLLER, FEEL BAD.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Haha, I was just kidding. Well, not so much about Soul Caliber. I'm not into fighting games that have a pre-determined combo system. That's mega-lame. And I will give mad props to anyone who can play Tekken well, not just mash buttons.

Top Bottom