• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

Dstr1ck

Smash Cadet
Got out first but im not mad. I had some pretty close sets but i got outplayed on the last stock both times. GG to everybody i played too.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
shut up thumbs, we all know you dont give a shit about tourneys you just wanna play and have fun, so dont act all high and mighty about bracket complaints. its not a huge deal, just dont act like that bracket wasnt totally stacked on one side (which most agree it was).
g-reg chillin foxes
thumbs and mario brothers
shit happens i understand, was just asking him to think about it next time. btw good stuff beating chillin

ggs with all

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
man you guys need to shut up. play your matches. geez. I'm sad that I had to play winston because i seem to play him in every tournament, but he beat me fair and square(trounced me actually) so whatever. I had a lot of fun. Personally I find mario/luigi frustrating as falcon, so it's just all personal stuff. I got 3 stocked by ZM's mario as falcon, then beat him with fox and was ahead most of game 3 until ZM brought it back at the end and beat me. I don't think my fox is really much better than my falcon, I think it's just a lot of personal preference. When you factor in that this is a local small tourney and pretty much all of use have played each other a fair amount over the years, it's hard to make a bracket where someone doesn't have to play their friend. Unless the result is obvious, you don't necessarily know who's going to beat who, so it's impossible to make a bracket where everyone is guaranteed not to play a buddy quickly.

also, chillin only lost to thumbs the first time because wasn't blazed yet :D

greg must play more mario-dk matches with you. maybe some more m2 as well :D

Mahone

Smash Champion
****, this tournament looked like it *****!!! Wish i could of been there. Good **** thumbs, you are cementing your place as my favorite falcon :) (You shoulda beat chillin in GF though, i know you can)

Oh, and results:

1: Chillindude829
2: thumbswayupmybutthole
3: Vist
4: g-regulate
5: ChaosKnight
5: Winston
7: ZM2004
7: Wenbo
9: No Face
9: ephoenix
9: SypherPhoenix
9: ChRed2AKrisp
13: BigWenz
13: Flamingo
13: ScrapMettle
13: Eugene
17: Mark
17: Dan
I think boss just lost a bet, good **** on not getting last, but i can tell you were sandbagging cuz you didn't get first.

shut up thumbs, we all know you dont give a shit about tourneys you just wanna play and have fun, so dont act all high and mighty about bracket complaints. its not a huge deal, just dont act like that bracket wasnt totally stacked on one side (which most agree it was).
g-reg chillin foxes
thumbs and mario brothers
shit happens i understand, was just asking him to think about it next time. btw good stuff beating chillin

ggs with all
His bracket didn't seem like it was easier than yours, i agree you shouldn't of had to play chillindude because every tournament i go to i see you lose to chillin which sucks, but really i think all of these bracket johns are due to the fact MD/VA is ****. The bracket is always stacked, we don't have like 50 randoms show up to tournaments, second round you are bound to play an amazing player. Also, I pretty much always lose to Vist and then Greg or the other way around at every tournament, but i am glad that happens, because i get a good idea of how much i have improved based on how much better i do each time i play you guys.

tl;dr - Brackets are always gonna suck cuz our region *****, but there is a way to complain about them without putting down another person's accomplishments.

GOOD **** THUMBS, KEEP ******!

ScrapMettle

Smash Cadet
wenbo CK chillin all in a row not even into winners finals, thanks for the awesome bracket.

im normally not one to complain, but make me play the best 3 foxes in the tourney, including chillin who i practically live with, before winners finals, while thumbs gets to essentially play only vist and be in winners finals. i didnt even get to play him

im not gonna b*tch to the TO while the tourneys happening and make a huge fuss........ but just think about it next time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf8Ucg31LcA#t=0m47s

BigWenz

Smash Ace
When you factor in that this is a local small tourney and pretty much all of use have played each other a fair amount over the years, it's hard to make a bracket where someone doesn't have to play their friend. Unless the result is obvious, you don't necessarily know who's going to beat who, so it's impossible to make a bracket where everyone is guaranteed not to play a buddy quickly.
this is true and even though i was the only person who didn get a first round bye i was happy that for all 4 of my matches i didn have to play anyone from CP so sypher thanks for that

oh and sypher are u gonna post the bracket im just curious

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Since you want to act like you deserve special treatment and that SOMEHOW I made it grand finals cause of an easier bracket then yours, Max go ahead and put me and G-reg round 1 next time he comes to one of your tournies so I can four stock him again and he won't have to complain about foxes anymore.
****... Real talk.

Also, maybe I should have come and taken all your moneys.

pffffft, I couldn't type that with a straight face.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
What's up my korean sensation?

I need to come to more of these to get some melee in. I've got an itchin'.

Also willing to teach Melty Blood and play any random poverty games :)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
im glad ill never have to worry about losing to thumbs, ever.

edit:: probably in anything

MinQ

Smash Apprentice
lol superlate response but no

HEY EVERYBODY, scheduled fest this Saturday and a tournament on November 13th.
Or you could have the tournament on the 20th or the 27th. I'd be able to make it then. :)

P.S. - I think Shinku might be able to do the 20th or the 27th as well. :D

Top Bottom