• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

BigWenz

Smash Ace
Crew UMD might be there with some dudes. Wenzel is thinking of going, which probably means rides for me + Winston
for some reason i thought this was on Friday. The only way i could take anyone from UMD is if i stayed the night at CP or u took the metro to branch avenue and i picked u up from their since syphers is south of my house and CP is north of it. im still not a 100% i can go but i should know tonight

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
O I totally thought this was Friday haha
Man, Sypher throwing us a fast one
Except not at all
I'm probably going home then

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
So how big is this looking? I might be coming up with Doll, Nelo, and some others.
Also will there be any recording at this?
I mean, I only really know from the topic. Everett's coming and hopefully he'll drag Boss along. Parenthesis & #2 are probably gonna show up. No Face is supposed to show up too. That's +4 or +5 on top of who's posted in the topic. People bring nonposters as well, so keep that in mind.

If I take the metro to get there, what's the bus I take that drops off like near the KFC or whatever?
Either CUE bus Gold 2 or Green 2, and there's also a Metro bus that goes right by. I think it's C1, but someone else will have to confirm.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I don't know what time I'll get there if at all. getting there by 2 means i need to get up by noon. Today's my 21st birthday so I just may not wake up tomorrow.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
holy **** I am going to vomit over all of you. through the internet. oh god i never thougbt chcolat e chip pankces could be twisted so thoroughly oh why did i do that.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
also i am going to **** on thumbs and i would edit this but that would involve getting my mouse and i dont really care about that right now punctuation sucks my ***** why am i still talking its like im doing drugs but im really just drunk tired that aint wes

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there with a tv, a cube and a wii.

I guess I'll call when I get down there....

Alch0ol

Smash Cadet
Awesome tourney Sypher. Hopefully next time will be able to find the noodles and company.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
wenbo CK chillin all in a row not even into winners finals, thanks for the awesome bracket.

im normally not one to complain, but make me play the best 3 foxes in the tourney, including chillin who i practically live with, before winners finals, while thumbs gets to essentially play only vist and be in winners finals. i didnt even get to play him

im not gonna b*tch to the TO while the tourneys happening and make a huge fuss........ but just think about it next time

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Yeah, and Winston beat me, who lost to you, which means ... umm ...
~_~ Nothing much I guess :(

Vist

Smash Champion
Yea, g-reg and chillin shouldn't have been on the same side of the bracket since they play each other all the time. Sypher probably didn't know..

and yea thumbs playing mario bros instead of foxes was easier match-up wise and when thumbs won wf that kinda sealed the deal on greg being able to get to grand finals

anyway, incase anyone was wondering, the results were something like:
1. chillindude829 :fox:
2. thumbswayup :falcon:
3. vist :luigi2:
4. g-reg :falcon:
5. winston :luigi2: / :mario2:
5. ck :fox: / :marth:
7. wenbo :fox:
7. zm2004 :mario2:

18 entrants iirc

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
matchup wise mario bros are a lot easier than fox, but vs Thumbs I would be a lot more worried if i played Fox than with Luigi/Mario, haha

Also Vist I used Marth in exactly one game! I want a cool Marth icon

edit:

but yeah, I agree G-reg shouldn't have to play Chillin if possible.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
wenbo CK chillin all in a row not even into winners finals, thanks for the awesome bracket.

im normally not one to complain, but make me play the best 3 foxes in the tourney, including chillin who i practically live with, before winners finals, while thumbs gets to essentially play only vist and be in winners finals. i didnt even get to play him

im not gonna b*tch to the TO while the tourneys happening and make a huge fuss........ but just think about it next time
Hmmm you lost to Vist and you've lost to Winston before so I had to play two people who beat you and then Chillin so essentially I did have the harder bracket. Vist placed THIRD while CK and Wenbo didn't make it as far. Are you seriously listing Wenbo as a FOX main? You know he practically changes mains every tourny, or at least I see him using Falcon a lot anyway. CK doesn't even play much at all anymore, so acting like you had to face an unbeatable player is laughable(and aren't you one of the people who calls him bad at this game?) . I also did beat Chillin in WF so don't complain about foxes, they're everywhere. He ***** me in GF so what just play the game and move on and not complain. I usually have to face Plank everytime he shows up to these tournies and I just play it out knowing I'm going to lose, you should just not complain about the inevitable.

And if you had my bracket so what? You'd have done worse I bet. You'd have lost to Vist earlier on (I think I faced him 3rd round) and then you'd be in losers and would have had to face Winston or Chillin or me depending on how things played out. And you would have lost to at least 2 of those 3.

Sooo either you're being extremely arrogant, and just assuming had you had my bracket you would have had it in easy mode (which we know isn't true, you'd have gotten ***** harder) or you're complaining for the sake of complaining.

Since you want to act like you deserve special treatment and that SOMEHOW I made it grand finals cause of an easier bracket then yours, Max go ahead and put me and G-reg round 1 next time he comes to one of your tournies so I can four stock him again and he won't have to complain about foxes anymore.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yeah lol he basically also insulted Vist and Winston, which is pathetic because Vist beat him at this tourny and Winston has beaten him before and is perfectly capable of beating him again. If the brackets had been switched he'd somehow find a way to complain about having to face the best Luigis at the tourny lmao

And actually, if we did switch sides I would have still made it to GF LOOOOOL

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
3 best players made top 3. I'm sorry you played chillin instead of thumbs or vist, I didn't know you two played all the time.

I don't seed based upon matchups and there's no reason to in a tournament like this. You're the one picking the character.

Here are the players:
BigWenz
ChaosKnight
Chillindude829
ChRed2AKrisp
Dan
ephoenix
Eugene
Flamingo
g-regulate
Mark
No Face
ScrapMettle
SypherPhoenix
thumbswayup
Vist
Wenbo
Winston
ZM2004

Make a better bracket.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Oh, and results:

1: Chillindude829
2: thumbswayupmybutthole
3: Vist
4: g-regulate
5: ChaosKnight
5: Winston
7: ZM2004
7: Wenbo
9: No Face
9: ephoenix
9: SypherPhoenix
9: ChRed2AKrisp
13: BigWenz
13: Flamingo
13: ScrapMettle
13: Eugene
17: Mark
17: Dan

Mark

Smash Rookie
I liked my bracket. This is my first time in which neither my first nor my second match was against either eventual GF player.

Probably going Pikachu in the next tournament or something. I don't even know. At this point I'm just drifting.

Top Bottom