• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

....completely forgot about that..

you and mahone too ;____; right? , college time..
Mahone is probably in VT or about to leave for it in a few days. I'm leaving for College on I think the 27th. But hey, this summer was amazing. I think there were only 2 weekends I had with no Smash. And I went to Apex.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
....completely forgot about that..

you and mahone too ;____; right? , college time..
Yeah...

But hey, I'll be up in NoVa all the time! Probably like once or twice a month. So you'll still see me at events.

imma try to get a small Charlottesville posse started up that I can practice with. Plus I need to get in contact with the Richmond community and start smashing with them as much as possible...I don't see a thread or anything for them so I dunno how they organize fests...

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Yeah...

But hey, I'll be up in NoVa all the time! Probably like once or twice a month. So you'll still see me at events.

imma try to get a small Charlottesville posse started up that I can practice with. Plus I need to get in contact with the Richmond community and start smashing with them as much as possible...I don't see a thread or anything for them so I dunno how they organize fests...

Start coming to Tech. Crew battles + friendly competition is what we need in small college communities.

We have:
Mahone
JAnk
Foxlisk
KP
MinQ
Me
Among others I'm forgetting

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Yay! I can learn the Falco AND Jiggs matchup! :bee:

And whoa! KP? KnightPraetor? Josh is still going to be there?

Yeah, he's a grad student from W&M and he lives somewhere in Blacksburg. We play a few times a week usually, he's one of the best here easily.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
just puttin it out their College Park smash scene best college smash scene lol oh and Crimson if i EVER see u get chaingrabbed by a sheik again i swear lol
Not by a long shot haha ... >_> we have like 6 Smashers or something and none of us are like, super **** good
Or even like, past mid-level tourney goers ~_~

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I consider like... Justin (Voodoo) a mid-level tournament player. And he's graduated...

but as far as college smash scenes go, which schools have more than one good player anyway?

(not that I know)
Well we aren't even situated in a particularly superactive region haha
Tristate, AZ, and Cali all have more active Smash scenes ... or so I'm lead to believe ~_~

Twig

Smash Journeyman
I consider like... Justin (Voodoo) a mid-level tournament player. And he's graduated...

but as far as college smash scenes go, which schools have more than one good player anyway?

(not that I know)
VT is the best school in the MD/VA region, especially if Chillin still goes there.

JMU has several "mid-level tournament players" players, myself, Favid, Tamillow, and my buddy Andrew.

Idk any other schools in the MD/VA area with decent smash scenes besides VT, College Park and JMU though, and ours is easily the weakest of the three.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
VT is the best school in the MD/VA region, especially if Chillin still goes there.

JMU has several "mid-level tournament players" players, myself, Favid, Tamillow, and my buddy Andrew.

Idk any other schools in the MD/VA area with decent smash scenes besides VT, College Park and JMU though, and ours is easily the weakest of the three.

Chillin doesn't, but I does. =)

VT is def. the best school as a whole, melee-wise. We have me, KnightPraetor, Nava, Jank, Foxlisk, Mahone, MinQ etc. MMs?!?!

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I break promises. If I enter tournaments, I get half the amount of footage than if I didn't enter. How about if I money match people after the events?
Recorded MMs are definitely legit. Your recording is too good to sacrifice that haha.

I won 2 and I lost 2. Still pretty bad lolol. Lost to Sheiks cause I don't know how to DI apparently. Learned how to after the ****. Will never happen again lolz.

I'm in the frustrating point in my development where I know much more than I actually show in match. Basically, I know what I am doing terribly so I don't know how much watching my own videos will help me and at the same time I am embarrassed by how terribad I am so I don't wanna get recorded. I am steadily improving though, trust me. :laugh:
Yeah I hear you. I was cruising around the marth boards and saw a few of your posts and you def. know a lot of marth stuff. So now it's just a matter of playing a lot and getting used to using all that stuff. If any videos get put up anytime soon I'll see if maybe I can catch anything and give some advice =D But yeah man, you've improving lots. I'm still counting on you to be a top Marth player soon, so get on that! haha

And it's too bad whenever I go to college I'm put closer to MD/VA tournaments, but then everyone goes away from them -.-

I better see all of you in some NoVa/MD tournaments. Looking at it now, there are tons of players who are around these parts. We could definitely get some good-sized tournaments going, if some of you guys at the different colleges could carpool together.

As for colleges with good players? WVU, def. Watch out for it this year.

Recorded MMs are definitely legit. You're recording is too good to sacrifice that haha.
Yeah. I think everything will work better this way. Every tournament I go to, my Zelda improves.

Yeah I hear you. I was cruising around the marth boards and saw a few of your posts and you def. know a lot of marth stuff. So now it's just a matter of playing a lot and getting used to using all that stuff. If any videos get put up anytime soon I'll see if maybe I can catch anything and give some advice =D But yeah man, you've improving lots. I'm still counting on you to be a top Marth player soon, so get on that! haha
This guy followed IB a lot at Apex. He's learned a lot from him, especially Marth dittos. I've been considering thirdarying Marth for a while, and him being able to JV 3 stock my Marth could mean something.

And it's too bad whenever I go to college I'm put closer to MD/VA tournaments, but then everyone goes away from them -.-

I better see all of you in some NoVa/MD tournaments. Looking at it now, there are tons of players who are around these parts. We could definitely get some good-sized tournaments going, if some of you guys at the different colleges could carpool together.

As for colleges with good players? WVU, def. Watch out for it this year.
You know what's a bit ironic? You were in my Pound IV first round pool. However, I wasn't there at Pound IV because of college.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Yeah. I think everything will work better this way. Every tournament I go to, my Zelda improves.
Awesome, definitely looking forward to some of those vids.

This guy followed IB a lot at Apex. He's learned a lot from him, especially Marth dittos. I've been considering thirdarying Marth for a while, and him being able to JV 3 stock my Marth could mean something.
Nice, he's definitely got some mad potential. Hopefully some vids of him will pop up soon haha.

You know what's a bit ironic? You were in my Pound IV first round pool. However, I wasn't there at Pound IV because of college.
Ah yeah, I do remember seeing your name on there. Too bad you didn't make it, but then again I was pretty terrible at that point. I've gotten so much better since then. I'll probably run into you at Pound V.

In fact, I definitely hope I run into all you guys at upcoming MD/VA tournaments. I'd definitely like to gauge where I stand, and I'm improving exponentially, so watch out for it lol. WV is going to force its way into the phrase "MD/VA".

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Aaaw so much love. You guys inspire me to get better. :)

I love this freaking community.

Start coming to Tech. Crew battles + friendly competition is what we need in small college communities.

We have:
Mahone
JAnk
Foxlisk
KP
MinQ
Me
Among others I'm forgetting
Ooo sounds like fun. I think I could take 9-10 stocks off that crew EASY. Blacksburg is on the way south so whenever we (the C-Ville posse that I have yet to form lol) head down, we can hit you kids up. You guys do the same on the way up and stuffs.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Psh, none of those guys play Sheik.

If it ain't Laijin or Declan CGing me for 1000 % a set, its done. :laugh:

MM Sheik vs Marth $9001.

curious do those guys go to tournys? cause minus Mahone ive never heard of any of them

MinQ goes to Sypher and other tournaments and Apex, he's getting a lot better. Knightpraetor is good as **** he's just inconsistant but he's better than just about everyone in MD/VA outside top 10. Foxlisk is good too. I'll get some vids up, but we have a solid crew capable of taking out any other school in this area. <3

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
So many schools around here have decent-sized/skilled crews. We all need to def. step up the traveling and attending of tournaments around this area.

Edit: And Charlottesville is in the middle of it. About 2.5 hours away from Radford, Blacksburg, and College Park. Further away from where I live, but I wouldn't mind driving down there...hmmm CrimsonBlur to host a tourney imo?

BigWenz

Smash Ace

MinQ goes to Sypher and other tournaments and Apex, he's getting a lot better. Knightpraetor is good as **** he's just inconsistant but he's better than just about everyone in MD/VA outside top 10. Foxlisk is good too. I'll get some vids up, but we have a solid crew capable of taking out any other school in this area. <3

well then sounds like a CP vs VT crew battle needs to happen lol

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master

MM Sheik vs Marth $9001.
...k. But you gotta play with one hand. And you can't use your fingers. Palm only. Less gooo.

So many schools around here have decent-sized/skilled crews. We all need to def. step up the traveling and attending of tournaments around this area.

Edit: And Charlottesville is in the middle of it. About 2.5 hours away from Radford, Blacksburg, and College Park. Further away from where I live, but I wouldn't mind driving down there...hmmm CrimsonBlur to host a tourney imo?
Pretty good idea really. I was thinking about it earlier today in fact. Renting a few classrooms in UVa isn't that hard from what I hear. Maybe I can coordinate with our Gamers club or something (its a huge, huge club that does these events all the time). I dunno, I'll get back to you guys on that.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
That could be really clutch...looking at the location some more it's like 2.5 hours from Arlington, 1.5 hours from Richmond, and < 3 hours from the VA Beach area (Norfolk, Hampton, VA Beach.) So if people stepped it up with driving (3 hours max is not bad at all) then a ton of people could make it.

But that's in the best case scenario, lol. Smashers won't be clutch enough to all make it to a tournament at the same time haha.

Radford crew is pathetic. The 3 best players in Radford are FACE, Duhrdy, and myself. We'd get so ***** by anyone half-decent at this game. There are at least a few extra players; Kryy, Nip, and MarthDude (that guy disappeared like CoryHAZE), but they're really mediocre.

But yeah, there should definitely be an epic college pride tournament. Radford is only ~20 miles from VT. If VT can go, Radford should be easily capable of traveling too.

ALso

Sypher, THIS IS NOT A GAY ADVERTISEMENT

http://forum.1upsmash.com/topic/8229764/1/#new

Maggot will be in the DC area in 3 weeks and he's looking for people to Smash with. Any possibility of hosting something for him?

Mahone

Smash Champion
Radford crew is pathetic. The 3 best players in Radford are FACE, Duhrdy, and myself. We'd get so ***** by anyone half-decent at this game. There are at least a few extra players; Kryy, Nip, and MarthDude (that guy disappeared like CoryHAZE), but they're really mediocre.

But yeah, there should definitely be an epic college pride tournament. Radford is only ~20 miles from VT. If VT can go, Radford should be easily capable of traveling too.

ALso

http://forum.1upsmash.com/topic/8229764/1/#new

Maggot will be in the DC area in 3 weeks and he's looking for people to Smash with. Any possibility of hosting something for him?

uhh, i don't think sypher will be happy with this.

Top Bottom