• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
recording/uploading footage is really easy and it's just about who has the free time and goes to tournaments often

the real question is whether anybody really wants to watch ck vs. seb every other week

or perhaps whether anybody needs to record videos at all

hot$

Smash Ace
recording/uploading footage is really easy and it's just about who has the free time and goes to tournaments often

the real question is whether anybody really wants to watch ck vs. seb every other week

or perhaps whether anybody needs to record videos at all
I agree with Sypher. Also we don't have any real interesting people in MD/VA that i enjoy watching T_T no offense to anyone. Why our region gotta be boring!

MinQ

Smash Apprentice
my post earlier....... learn how to read.... .___.

sorry I don't need to go falcon :awesome:
Actually Cafe, we were not directly talking about you. I brought up Sheik-Falcon because Lajin had previously shown confidence in beating you because of this unfair matchup. Mahone brought up the matchup again when talking about your upcoming MM, so I responded to the part where he mentioned the Sheik-Falcon matchup. Although Lajin and I were certainly commenting on the matchup, we weren't necessarily talking about your ability to play it. Because it was brought up, we were simply discussing the ease with which Sheik wins.

Of course we understood that you have solid secondaries, but Mahone may not have noticed you talking about your secondaries previously. We decided not to bother correcting him, since he'd likely realize that you had talked about your secondaries. Please do not misunderstand, Cafe. We know how to read and were not assuming that you were going to play Falcon after you said clearly stated that you were going to use a secondary.

Again, Cafe, this is likely a subtlety of the English language you didn't quite pick up. I apologize if you misunderstood. Please reference my previous posts for more information about grammar rules and idiomatic expressions.

Mahone

Smash Champion
lol quit trollin'
oh... i was being serious, i'm really not sure what part you think was trolling

Randomly bad? It's like a 30-70 matchup lol.
wtf are you talking about? i meant if korn is randomly bad against sheik, not his characters

Sheik > Falcon
ok.... hes gonna play fox

Here's an idea

You, Crimson, Winston, and Wenbo are going to be the Melee tournament video recorders of MD/VA. I'm moving on to Brawl.

reasons
Yo, epsilon, i've been meaning to ask, are you still playing melee? did you quit? why did you quit? do you play brawl now? is brawl better for youtube? how many subscribers do you have? does anyone care?

(i know you are going to answer all these anyway to be "funny", but seriously, this is like the tenth time i have heard you talk about all this stuff, i think you should do whatever makes you happy, and if quiting melee does that, i wish you good luck, but please stop trying to get attention)

Actually Cafe, we were not directly talking about you. I brought up Sheik-Falcon because Lajin had previously shown confidence in beating you because of this unfair matchup. Mahone brought up the matchup again when talking about your upcoming MM, so I responded to the part where he mentioned the Sheik-Falcon matchup. Although Lajin and I were certainly commenting on the matchup, we weren't necessarily talking about your ability to play it. Because it was brought up, we were simply discussing the ease with which Sheik wins.

Of course we understood that you have solid secondaries, but Mahone may not have noticed you talking about your secondaries previously. We decided not to bother correcting him, since he'd likely realize that you had talked about your secondaries. Please do not misunderstand, Cafe. We know how to read and were not assuming that you were going to play Falcon after you said clearly stated that you were going to use a secondary.

Again, Cafe, this is likely a subtlety of the English language you didn't quite pick up. I apologize if you misunderstood. Please reference my previous posts for more information about grammar rules and idiomatic expressions.
Uhh... i did notice that, because i read cafe's post, why are you assuming i didn't notice it, and i didn't mention the falcon sheik matchup, i was just saying, unless korn is bad against sheik (IN GENERAL) he will win easily.... **** you never had me

you never had your car

Mahone

Smash Champion
oh **** our one year anniversary is coming up! LOL

Doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning
GOD **** IT we have to hang out more, where are you all the times im in Nova?

lol well I'm glad you have such confidence in him. Thats cool.
Again, i don't want you to interpret this as me calling you a scrub or anything, i think you are really good, and honesty I'm scared of playing your young link in tourney, but i think a lot of players underestimate korn because he doesn't enter tournaments (i know i did), the first time i mmd him i got *****.

Yo, epsilon, i've been meaning to ask, are you still playing melee?
yes

did you quit?
I quit competing in Melee and I don't intend to compete in Brawl. I'm going to play both in friendlies

why did you quit?
For youtube, and I think there are more Brawl viewers out there than Melee viewers. Besides, A lot of other channels have claimed Melee viewers much better than I can (TheWaffle77, prog2afab1221 (however it's spelled), Durhamred, DVCrecROOM, Stabbedbyahippie, +others...). I'm also a really pathetic (might be exaggerated) perfectionist. If it can't be done right, it won't be done at all. I know I can be the best Brawl youtube. What's my worst competition? ADHD (mariorqs)? VideoGameBootCamp? They're not so great at youtubing

do you play brawl now? is brawl better for youtube?
yes

how many subscribers do you have?

does anyone care?
No one in person cares. My youtube fame is too limited to youtube

(i know you are going to answer all these anyway to be "funny", but seriously, this is like the tenth time i have heard you talk about all this stuff, i think you should do whatever makes you happy, and if quiting melee does that, i wish you good luck, but please stop trying to get attention)
Getting attention is unintended. My bad. I'm an attention *****. I subconsciously do stuff that gets me attention and never even realize it. It's probably the real reason why I love youtube so much.

Wenz has been annoying me about quitting Melee, so I'v been trying to avoid him talking to me by just making short arguments hoping that there'd be not much to ask in response.

I posted that message when I saw ADHD post this in a tournament thread for Xanadu, a Brawl tournament in Maryland
Me must come!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=290405
I sort of snapped

MD/VA Melee is pathetic. Who do we have? ChuDat? Chillindude? g-regulate? Plank? Tope? Cyrain? Compare those names to people like MaNg0, Silent Spectre, LuCKy, Zhu, Hax$, Eggm. They're so much more hyped players to watch, which is one of the reasons why my youtube success is so limited. East coast Brawl > east coast Melee. Brawl has so much more and bigger tournaments. And there are more top players willing to travel farther for Brawl tournaments because turnouts are actually decent. One Xanadu event back in June or July had about 70 entrants, including ADHD and Ally. KTAR4 is expected to have 100 entrants, if Keitaro's claim turns out to be true. TKD, the best Fox out there, and DEHF are going. Ally is going no matter what (he won every KTAR so far). And there's Anti, Nairo, and so many other great players.

What kind of Melee tournaments do we have? 1 Shell Shocked event over the summer? Graphix Gaming? ChuDat's bi-weeklies? Sypher's bi-weeklies? Apex 2010 doesn't count since it's a national event. The highest number of entrants of those events was 26

If ChuDat hosts a Bi-weekly, I'll record the Melee tournament too.

tl;dr
nevermind, the internet makes me weird, ignore me. Don't respond to this post

MinQ

Smash Apprentice
^There is no love in your cooking. This is why I can't enjoy your food.

**** you never had me

you never had your car
Doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning
****, dude. I just got styled on for my 3:00 AM post... ****... I'm feelin' like I need to break out the Morton's...

OH! Hey Seb, you need to teach me Falcon, dude. You inspired me to main him.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
lool.. it's okay, I love being underdog :awesome:

lol it just a MM..... no need to be smart azz about English language towards me :cool:
you can keep assuming stuff, guy :awesome:

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Here's an idea

You, Crimson, Winston, and Wenbo are going to be the Melee tournament video recorders of MD/VA. I'm moving on to Brawl.

reasons
Definitely not me.

I can't get motivated to record all the time for MD/VA... the matches are never that interesting...

I only set up at the last Shell Shocked because I wasn't playing. And even then I screwed it up.

If OOS ever comes I will though.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
yes

Wenz has been annoying me about quitting Melee, so I'v been trying to avoid him talking to me by just making short arguments hoping that there'd be not much to ask in response.

u know i wouldn give u **** about it if you had quit melee for brawl and that was it. ok thats not 100% tru but i wouldn't keep bringin it up and give u this much **** for it. If you recall I did try and convince u that u can play both competitively. However what you did was insulted me and called me a scrub and that sir i will not take lightly. I will be dammed if someone who wasnt even good in melee to begin with calls me a scrub when that person quit melee for brawl for bs reasons. (excluding ur youtube reasons u gave some pretty *** reasons for quiting) so long story short u brought this on urself. u have to man up to ur actions.

PS. if you dont want people to respond to ur messages just say so and dont be a lil **** and hide it in the same color as the background of smashboards. had u have said please dont respond to this in a color i can actually see, id have been like aight fine watever. but no u had to hide it and that just pisses me off even more.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
GOD **** IT we have to hang out more, where are you all the times im in Nova?
Silver Spring most of the time.

^There is no love in your cooking. This is why I can't enjoy your food.

****, dude. I just got styled on for my 3:00 AM post... ****... I'm feelin' like I need to break out the Morton's...

OH! Hey Seb, you need to teach me Falcon, dude. You inspired me to main him.
LOL sure thing, but it's gonna be a long and unforgiving journey. The path to being a Falcon main is paved with heartbreak and hardship. But it's worth it cause the wins and combos are the most satisfying.

Ted's usually willing to record. Sometimes it takes him awhile to upload though.
LOLOL

Top Bottom